Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How to make cat FAT, My cats are skinny (Pet Help)

Rararafael
post Jul 11 2017, 06:53 PM, updated 5 months ago

Group: Newbie

My cats are skinny but very active and healthy. But since they are boney I am worried. I give the Royal Canin British Shorthair and they eat all finish one bowl a day. I give them wet food but they dislike raw meat. any product suggestion?
eesyam
post Jul 11 2017, 06:57 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(Rararafael @ Jul 11 2017, 06:53 PM)
My cats are skinny but very active and healthy. But since they are boney I am worried. I give the Royal Canin British Shorthair and they eat all finish one bowl a day. I give them wet food but they dislike raw meat. any product suggestion?
Keep it that way. A fat cat usually means a cat with potentials to get health problems. A skinny cat, however, doesn't necessarily mean an unhealthy cat. Plus, you did say that your cats are active, so that should also contribute to the fact that they are skinny.

Can we have a look at the pictures of your cats to determine whether or not it is in fact skinny?
TheHitman47
post Jul 11 2017, 07:03 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

ur cat neuter?
eternallife
post Jul 13 2017, 12:53 PM

Skinny is good. It means that they are healthy and active.
They have better chances when running away when being attacked.
When neutered, they tend to do less work and get fatter.
As cute as that is, it's not good for them.
[MY]Joker
post Jul 14 2017, 01:59 AM

Getting Started

buy more food
neogeocdz
post Aug 15 2017, 02:20 PM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

Being fat is not a very good condition for cats.
While many fat cat led a healthy and happy life, their chances of getting "Fatty liver disease" (Feline Hepatic Lipidosis) is much higher than normal cats.
And their risk of contracting the disease increase with age.

Cats and Kittens are essentially sensitive to changes in their environment, and can easily be stressed.
If they quit eating because of stress, their body send fat to liver to be metabolize, and this becomes an issue for cat.
Because cat's liver does a poor job of metabolizing fat, and this condition could evolve into jaundice.

For a fat cat, this is deadly, due to the high amount of fat they have.
This disease can kill them very quickly.

I suggest that if your cat is healthy, just let it be.

BuddhawithinMe
post Oct 29 2017, 12:11 AM

For wet food, also need to see some flavour they might dont like. Like my cat, they only like fish. Xprawn, X chicken X beef

Maybe the wet food the flavour u gb ur cat they dont like.
scsoo
post Oct 31 2017, 10:40 AM

Casual

QUOTE(Rararafael @ Jul 11 2017, 07:53 PM)
Don't like to advise this, making cat fat.... mmmmmm....
If you really want to, feed them canned (tin) wet food. As its wet and soft, they can eat more... and with higher water content they can digest and retain more fat?
Buy those from Pet shop or supermarket as seem cat like those better than those you prepare manually... (maybe due to ajinomoto (joking) in the canned food).

Hevlaska
post Nov 20 2017, 10:56 PM

Getting Started

on a more serious note, we cant really tell if a cat is fat or skinny by picture. But if TS has a real reason to be worried, have you deworm your cat?

Eating healthily but still being skinny points to worm issues quite likely. Anything beyond this are usually more complicated maters which are usually not.

Healthy cat should not be boney, they should be firm to the touch and not too boney and muscle/lean meat can be felt across the spine and the spine usually doesnt feel sharp(like a jigsaw surface).

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0519sec    3.56    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 12:52 AM