Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Landscape, Cityscape & Milky Way, Sharing some of my works here :)

views

TSgrey1217
post Sep 13 2017, 06:52 AM

11 posts

QUOTE(McFD2R @ Sep 12 2017, 12:46 PM)
Thanks for the above. Thus, fair to say that I won't be able to get such a shot without post processing them? I lean more towards photos that doesn't require processing. Although I am aware processing can enhance how a photo looks, I find them too unreal, despite the beauty of it. I have seen some where minimal PP are done, which is already at my limit  biggrin.gif

I'll give your idea a shot one of these days.
No worry, everyone has their own preference. smile.gif

As what I mentioned earlier, it is still achievable in a single photo (without blending, PP) by boosting up a much higher ISO to shorten the shutter speed, the main purpose of the blending technique is just I able to have a better image quality with lower noise level.

Another way you can do is to use a light painting technique, it helps to brighten the foreground and the person with faster shutter speed without the need to boost up the ISO. Below photo is done in a single shot but of course, you need to help from friend wink.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by grey1217: Sep 13 2017, 06:53 AM
adam_lss
post Sep 30 2017, 12:33 PM

7th heaven
Group Icon
Elite
4,495 posts

wow!
Burningsunz
post Dec 16 2019, 01:05 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

bro, do you have tutorial video to teach people how to take photo and editing?
when you do long exposure shooting with people in it, does it mean that person cannot move at all?
Kar Leong
post Jan 13 2020, 09:42 PM

36 posts

QUOTE(Burningsunz @ Dec 16 2019, 01:05 PM)
bro, do you have tutorial video to teach people how to take photo and editing?
when you do long exposure shooting with people in it, does it mean that person cannot move at all?
when you want to do long exposure with portrait in it, you can always set your flash as rear curtain sync mode. Add a remote trigger with flash hot shoe with stand / without stand, trigger it with manual TTL flash (rear curtain sync mode) a.k.a 2nd curtain sync mode. At the end of the exposure the flash will flash to freeze the subject/person in the frame with background milky way. You can also set your camera/dslr into timer mode so you have a lot time to move into position ^^

user posted image
Burningsunz
post Jan 23 2020, 03:40 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(Kar Leong @ Jan 13 2020, 09:42 PM)
when you want to do long exposure with portrait in it, you can always set your flash as rear curtain sync mode. Add a remote trigger with flash hot shoe with stand / without stand, trigger it with manual TTL flash (rear curtain sync mode) a.k.a 2nd curtain sync mode. At the end of the exposure the flash will flash to freeze the subject/person in the frame with background milky way. You can also set your camera/dslr into timer mode so you have a lot time to move into position ^^

user posted image
sorry i abit noob, what is rear curtain sync mode and how to set? what is flash hot shoe?
Kar Leong
post Jan 25 2020, 07:36 AM

36 posts

QUOTE(Burningsunz @ Jan 23 2020, 03:40 PM)
sorry i abit noob, what is rear curtain sync mode and how to set? what is flash hot shoe?
rear curtain sync mode, you can google how to set your flash mode depend on variable model of your flash and camera setting.
user posted image

flash hot shoe, is a hot shoe flash is a flash that can be triggered to fire with the camera's shutter when it is inserted into a standard hotshoe on top of a camera.
This is an example a trigger remote mount on my camera hotshoe flash slot.
user posted image
this pocket wizard trigger can trigger multiple flash at once
user posted image
then, you can set stand/tripod to mount the flash
user posted image

Most DSLRs come equipped with a hotshoe while compact cameras do not

This post has been edited by Kar Leong: Jan 25 2020, 07:41 AM

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0306sec    5.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st February 2020 - 10:08 PM