Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

iflix for Android TV not working with Unifi

views

TSxDingx
post Jul 5 2017, 12:09 AM, updated 7y ago

On my way
613 posts

Dear all,

I just moved to a new condo and subscribed to an unifi 30mbps package. I bought a Xiaomi Mi Box 3 and installed iflix in it. Every time when I try to login to the iflix app installed on the Mi Box, i couldn't access to the iflix and it always shows the error message "something went wrong with our servers. Please try again later". This only happen when I connect the Mi Box to the unifi, no problem at all when I connect the Mi Box to other wifi such as my phone hotspot. Same thing happen to the iflix app installed on the hypptv box.

Weird thing is, I have no problem at all accessing to iflix using my computer, iPad, and android phones, theses all devices are connected to the same unifi wifi..

Anyone know what is going wrong here?

This post has been edited by xDingx: Jul 5 2017, 12:29 AM
NyOx
post Jul 5 2017, 09:50 AM

On my way
585 posts

most probably ifllix already update patch and your device not in thier list as certified STB box. have you try update with new update?
TSxDingx
post Jul 5 2017, 12:58 PM

On my way
613 posts

QUOTE(NyOx @ Jul 5 2017, 09:50 AM)
most probably ifllix already update patch and your device not in thier list as  certified STB box.  have you try update with new update?
It is the latest version of iflix i installed from Play Store on the xiaomi mi box..
actually the problem not only happen to iflix app, but in fact it happens to almost all the tv app i installed on the mi box such as astro on the go and a China TV app.. rclxub.gif
NyOx
post Jul 5 2017, 01:44 PM

On my way
585 posts

QUOTE(xDingx @ Jul 5 2017, 01:58 PM)
It is the latest version of iflix i installed from Play Store on the xiaomi mi box..
actually the problem not only happen to iflix app, but in fact it happens to almost all the tv app i installed on the mi box such as astro on the go and a China TV app.. rclxub.gif
maybe you can try this, turn off internet connection then clear cache all not working app and enable back internet see any diffrent.

if still fail it look like google playstore or app not compatible. i think it only happen with xiaomi box only.

AVFAN
post Jul 5 2017, 02:57 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(xDingx @ Jul 5 2017, 12:09 AM)
Dear all,

I just moved to a new condo and subscribed to an unifi 30mbps package. I bought a Xiaomi Mi Box 3 and installed iflix in it. Every time when I try to login to the iflix app installed on the Mi Box, i couldn't access to the iflix and it always shows the error message "something went wrong with our servers. Please try again later". This only happen when I connect the Mi Box to the unifi, no problem at all when I connect the Mi Box to other wifi such as my phone hotspot. Same thing happen to the iflix app installed on the hypptv box.

Weird thing is, I have no problem at all accessing to iflix using my computer, iPad, and android phones, theses all devices are connected to the same unifi wifi..

Anyone know what is going wrong here?
Iflix can be sensitive to certain devices, like astrogo n hypptvewhere.

Whether it is the case with yr mibox model, best u ask in mibox thread, many users.

There is also an existing iflix thread.

One thing since some weeks ago, iflix started requiring registration with id, pw, email.

It used to auto detect, but no more, i think.

Lastly, u r allowed only a fixed no. of devices. U need to log out one to get another one in.

Read iflix site for details.
ocyrus
post Jul 18 2017, 10:20 AM

Getting Started
193 posts

I'm using the Unifi supplied STB and I'm experiencing the same problem as you. Whenever I login I get either one of two screens:

1) Black login background - When I try to login from here it says username/password is incorrect

2) Red login background - When I try to login from here it says "Oops! Something went wrong with our servers. Please try again later"

New condo, new Unifi connection...but can't use iFlix or Netflix! ranting.gif
AVFAN
post Jul 18 2017, 10:40 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(ocyrus @ Jul 18 2017, 10:20 AM)
I'm using the Unifi supplied STB and I'm experiencing the same problem as you. Whenever I login I get either one of two screens:

1) Black login background - When I try to login from here it says username/password is incorrect

2) Red login background - When I try to login from here it says "Oops! Something went wrong with our servers. Please try again later"

New condo, new Unifi connection...but can't use iFlix or Netflix!  ranting.gif
have u tried logging in iflix with tablet or phone?

if it works, it confirms it is not yr unifi problem but the device.

iflix, astrogo, hypptv everywhere... are all sensitive to certain devices, don't work on some.

but usually all OK for mobile devices.
ocyrus
post Jul 18 2017, 10:45 AM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jul 18 2017, 10:40 AM)
have u tried logging in iflix with tablet or phone?

if it works, it confirms it is not yr unifi problem but the device.
iflix, astrogo, hypptv everywhere... are all sensitive to certain devices, don't work on some.

but usually all OK for mobile devices.
It works fine on my PC and phone...so it's either my TV or the STB?
AVFAN
post Jul 18 2017, 10:57 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(ocyrus @ Jul 18 2017, 10:45 AM)
It works fine on my PC and phone...so it's either my TV or the STB?
netflix not working on yr sony tv... already discussed in another thread.

now, iflix not working on yr unifi stb, right?

if iflix is working on mobile devices with same unifi but not the device, the problem has to be the device.

either incompatible or u hv not done some work on the stb. this issue, best ask in hyppbox thread - i think some succeeded, some fail like u.
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3594298/+2560

smart tv and hyppbox are typically poor devices, limited in capability, flexibility and memory.
really, if u r into these apps, u may want to consider a better box to handle these apps. some boxes can handle these apps very well w/o much effort.
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4200167
ocyrus
post Jul 18 2017, 11:19 AM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jul 18 2017, 10:57 AM)
netflix not working on yr sony tv... already discussed in another thread.

now, iflix not working on yr unifi stb, right?

if iflix is working on mobile devices with same unifi but not the device, the problem has to be the device.

either incompatible or u hv not done some work on the stb. this issue, best ask in hyppbox thread - i think some succeeded, some fail like u.
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3594298/+2560

smart tv and hyppbox are typically poor devices, limited in capability, flexibility and memory.
really, if u r into these apps, u may want to consider a better box to handle these apps. some boxes can handle these apps very well w/o much effort.
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4200167
Thanks for the link, I will check out the thread on how to configure my STB.

I'm actually looking into an Android box at the moment to solve my problems, but haven't read up yet on their functionality.

Thanks very much for your help in both these threads rclxms.gif
TSxDingx
post Jul 18 2017, 08:47 PM

On my way
613 posts

QUOTE(ocyrus @ Jul 18 2017, 10:20 AM)

New condo, new Unifi connection...but can't use iFlix or Netflix!  ranting.gif
I solved my problem by changing the default TM supplied router (TP-Link Archer C1200) to another router, TP-Link Archer C2 and connect my smart tv and xiaomi mibox to the 2.4ghz wifi. It does'nt work on 5ghz wifi, weird. And I also change the DNS to google DNS.
mbj78
post Aug 1 2017, 04:53 PM

Getting Started
211 posts

QUOTE(xDingx @ Jul 18 2017, 08:47 PM)
I solved my problem by changing the default TM supplied router (TP-Link Archer C1200) to another router, TP-Link Archer C2 and connect my smart tv and xiaomi mibox to the 2.4ghz wifi. It does'nt work on 5ghz wifi, weird. And I also change the DNS to google DNS.
How do you request the change? TMPoint?
TSxDingx
post Aug 3 2017, 09:33 PM

On my way
613 posts

QUOTE(mbj78 @ Aug 1 2017, 04:53 PM)
How do you request the change? TMPoint?
Used my own money to buy a new router.. sweat.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0163sec    0.42    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:22 PM