Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicClosed TopicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Travel To Japan V10

KiRa Nura
post Dec 26 2017, 07:16 AM

Group: Newbie

I plan to go there this coming wednesday. its kinda spontaneous trip with my wife. anyone can recommend for internet usage over there? Because not sure what to use. Any recommendation would be helpful.
viceGem
post Dec 26 2017, 07:18 AM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(KiRa Nura @ Dec 26 2017, 07:16 AM)
I plan to go there this coming wednesday. its kinda spontaneous trip with my wife. anyone can recommend for internet usage over there? Because not sure what to use. Any recommendation would be helpful.
I guess you mean japan right? Since its a japan post. you can consider getting their own wifi or you can go on roaming. depending which suit u better and your budget and usage also. need more info only can recommend.
chinti
post Dec 26 2017, 08:41 AM

Journey to become a great Cosgrapher
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(fun_feng @ Dec 22 2017, 05:02 PM)
Hi Everyone,

What do you think of this itinerary I plan out

Day 1 - Reach Tokyo
Day 2~5 - Tokyo
Day 6 - Tokyo -Hakone daytrip using Hakone free pass
Day 7 - Tokyo - Lake Kawaguchiko
Day 8 - Tokyo - Kyoto
Day 9~10 - Kyoto
Day 11 - Kyoto - Osaka daytrip
Day 12 - Kyoto - Nara daytrip
Day 13 - Kyoto - Tokyo
Day 14 - Fly back from Tokyo

I will be travelling during April
I intend to use JR pass from Day 7~13
I am travelling with 2 preschool kids
i recommend staying in osaka instead of kyoto as theres more to do n c at night in osaka. so mayb day 9~10 stay in kyoto, then starting from day 11 stay in osaka instead and do nara day trip from there.
123qwe
post Dec 26 2017, 09:16 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(christ14 @ Dec 25 2017, 03:45 PM)
not sure if peak time or promo time to buy tix for early april

its 1600+ with ANA cheapest now from google flights hmm.gif
1.6k sounds normal rate for the peak season, one month back i bought for same price as well, for ANA
squidsquid
post Dec 26 2017, 09:21 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(calvintiffy @ Dec 18 2017, 05:26 PM)
Just a point to note, when you buy the Osaka Amazing pass, it has lots of free entrance and Umeda sky building is one of it (original price is quite exp). Since on the 6th day you've no planned itinerary, why not take a day trip to Nara (ps: deer park)?.

Are you a coffee addict? Recommend to go Owl cafe in Osaka.  thumbup.gif
Thanks for your recommendation! Thought of a day trip to Nara, but eventually we thought of sparing the whole day for shopping instead biggrin.gif

QUOTE(kopitiamtard @ Dec 24 2017, 07:10 PM)
Just changed 20000 yen at 36.24 ok ar? Maybe will change more next year.
can share where you exchange? one of the lowest i heard so far! Thanks
sweet_pez
post Dec 26 2017, 09:37 AM

日本に行こう!
Group Icon
Jobs & Careers
Group: Probationary Moderator

QUOTE(fun_feng @ Dec 23 2017, 02:58 PM)
Yea i know, cause of the plane ticket... 😅 Have to waste a trip back to Tokyo...
But for osaka, i actually don't find much things to do... I am traveling with two kids, so that rule out night outings... I only plan to go osaka aquarium and Osaka castle and fit whatever else is possible...
Is there any must go in Osaka?
Also depends on what you like. Street shopping like Dotonbori may take some people several hours to half a day to go around including makan.
You can also also go up Observation Deck in places like Umeda to check out the Osaka view. There are shrines, spa/ onsen and shopping districts that's worth checking out as well.
These are merely recommendations btw.

QUOTE(KiRa Nura @ Dec 26 2017, 07:16 AM)
Roaming comes with a high price. You can either rent a portable WIFI or get a SIM card.

Optionally, if you're staying in AirBnB, check if the host will provide you with the portable WIFI. Some of the hosts do that, and you can save on Internet if they do.
squidsquid
post Dec 26 2017, 12:10 PM

Getting Started

is the winter in japan really dry? thought of buying and bring air humidifier there as i have really sensitive throat. any recommendation??
kopitiamtard
post Dec 26 2017, 01:11 PM

Getting Started

Its at mv maxmoney
kopitiamtard
post Dec 26 2017, 01:14 PM

Getting Started

1 week in kyoto to experience the lifestyle. But not sure how though. Maybe through airbnb family?

Any other way?
kopitiamtard
post Dec 26 2017, 01:18 PM

Getting Started

Sim is better. Can make calls
sweet_pez
post Dec 26 2017, 02:19 PM

日本に行こう!
Group Icon
Jobs & Careers

QUOTE(kopitiamtard @ Dec 26 2017, 01:11 PM)
Its at mv maxmoney
QUOTE(kopitiamtard @ Dec 26 2017, 01:14 PM)
1 week in kyoto to experience the lifestyle. But not sure how though. Maybe through airbnb family?

Any other way?
QUOTE(kopitiamtard @ Dec 26 2017, 01:18 PM)
Sim is better. Can make calls
You won't be able to increase your post count in this section.

This post has been edited by sweet_pez: Dec 26 2017, 02:57 PM
cc980024
post Dec 26 2017, 02:48 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(fun_feng @ Dec 23 2017, 02:58 PM)
Yea i know, cause of the plane ticket... 😅 Have to waste a trip back to Tokyo...
But for osaka, i actually don't find much things to do... I am traveling with two kids, so that rule out night outings... I only plan to go osaka aquarium and Osaka castle and fit whatever else is possible...
Is there any must go in Osaka?
Last time we went Osaka with my 6yrs old boy. He enjoy Universal Studio so much, and at 6yrs old.. quite a number of rides he can take. And those are not kiddy kiddy themepark ride.. are all with action movie theme. Such as we get on a boat tour... suddenly a shark raised from the water (JAWS) and the tour guide fire at the shark that causes fire explosion on the water. My boy love it so much thou being so young. Another is a building on fire old movie, we were like standing in the scene looking at burning fire and explosion, broken pieces flying around (but don't hit us the audience standing spot.. but gets very near enough to scare you), with grand finale that the stage we standing suddenly fall down half feet. This.. my boy grabbing my feet tightly but we all enjoy the stunt. But not sure bout your kids can take it. Of coz, they have kiddy stuff like sesame street.

If yours are boys, bring them to Namba toys area (forget the name) near Dotonburi. There sell plenty of Gundam very cheaaap...
fun_feng
post Dec 26 2017, 04:34 PM

One Cat to Rule Them ALL

QUOTE(cc980024 @ Dec 26 2017, 02:48 PM)
Last time we went Osaka with my 6yrs old boy. He enjoy Universal Studio so much, and at 6yrs old.. quite a number of rides he can take. And those are not kiddy kiddy themepark ride.. are all with action movie theme. Such as we get on a boat tour... suddenly a shark raised from the water (JAWS) and the tour guide fire at the shark that causes fire explosion on the water. My boy love it so much thou being so young. Another is a building on fire old movie, we were like standing in the scene looking at burning fire and explosion, broken pieces flying around (but don't hit us the audience standing spot.. but gets very near enough to scare you), with grand finale that the stage we standing suddenly fall down half feet. This.. my boy grabbing my feet tightly but we all enjoy the stunt. But not sure bout your kids can take it. Of coz, they have kiddy stuff like sesame street.

If yours are boys, bring them to Namba toys area (forget the name) near Dotonburi. There sell plenty of Gundam very cheaaap...
Thanks!
christ14
post Dec 26 2017, 08:36 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Dec 25 2017, 04:29 PM)
for sakura season...unlikely would get below 1.5k for ANA / JAL
awww... quite a hefty price sia since its my first trip there and hope to catch it early april sweat.gif

QUOTE(123qwe @ Dec 26 2017, 09:16 AM)
1.6k sounds normal rate for the peak season, one month back i bought for same price as well, for ANA
thanks for sharingg notworthy.gif
sewe
post Dec 27 2017, 10:48 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(viceGem @ Dec 26 2017, 07:18 AM)
I guess you mean japan right? Since its a japan post. you can consider getting their own wifi or you can go on roaming. depending which suit u better and your budget and usage also. need more info only can recommend.
i heard tat celcom has 2x data roaming promo, maybe u can use tat for roaming at japan,
coz sim card quite expensive also, if not just stay there for less than 3 days,
better use own data roaming.
chinti
post Dec 27 2017, 11:25 AM

QUOTE(squidsquid @ Dec 26 2017, 12:10 PM)
is the winter in japan really dry? thought of buying and bring air humidifier there as i have really sensitive throat. any recommendation??
yeap its quite dry, u can buy a mini air humidifier in japan as well. its kinda cheap, the type tht u cucuk a water bottle on top
chinti
post Dec 27 2017, 11:43 AM

passing the honor to sweet_pez

This post has been edited by chinti: Dec 27 2017, 11:49 AM
sweet_pez
post Dec 27 2017, 11:49 AM

日本に行こう!
Group Icon
Jobs & Careers

QUOTE(chinti @ Dec 27 2017, 11:43 AM)
Attention

Dear all, it's time for V11 of Japan thread already. And because i am getting more and more busy with my life, i can hardly come and provide any info or help in here already. Thus, i would like to pass the honor of becoming the Thread Starter for Japan thread to another fellow member.

If there is anyone with great knowledge of Japan and wish to become the Thread Starter for Japan thread V11, do drop me a PM. Also, members here can nominate a member as a Thread Starter as well if you feel that member is capable of it.  rclxms.gif
No worries, don't need to have 'great knowledge' of Japan to be TS biggrin.gif it's just to kickstart the discussion.

Everyone's contribution on their experience and knowledge will be much welcomed. Will start up the new thread.

Bump TopicClosed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0865sec    1.55    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th February 2018 - 02:22 AM