Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Clear acrylic/perspex sheet, Halp

views

networkcrasher
post Sep 15 2017, 08:50 PM

9 posts

And a 1' cube for RM100 sounds like a bargain to me compared to the cost in the states
TSkshen
post Sep 16 2017, 09:33 PM

If only these stars are edilbe
702 posts

QUOTE(networkcrasher @ Sep 15 2017, 08:50 PM)
And a 1' cube for RM100 sounds like a bargain to me compared to the cost in the states
I see, well the price may vary as well depending on thickness. I'd assume if you were to buy the sheets itself in bulk and then build the tank by your own, it'd be much more cheaper than having someone do it for you. Regarding the water tank setup you mentioned, I cannot assist much as I have poor knowledge in fish tanks (i assume that's what you're planning to do)
ShadowR1
post Oct 12 2017, 02:23 AM

Im still HeRe ...
1,705 posts

QUOTE(networkcrasher @ Sep 15 2017, 08:46 PM)
I'd love to do glass but my use case is a little unique.  I need to store water for water changes but don't have a spot for it in the house i'm renting that's anywhere near the tank.  So i plan to get an outdoor storage box and build water tanks to go inside it.  has a very high "wife acceptance factor" too.  Small little hole in the wall for tubing and i'm good to go - can even do auto water changes.
Instead of that, how about a SS water tank to do the job. Its not so pleasing to the eye but passable.

Btw 1' cube of that for 100-150 is lower than what I expected, I wonder does acrylic come is different grade.
networkcrasher
post Oct 12 2017, 07:48 AM

9 posts

Yeah there are different types of acrylic - cell cast and extruded. You only want to use cell cast for water vessels.

I ended up finding a sign shop to make the tanks for me. worked out fine and I was happy with what I paid. The price to have it assembled was not much higher than the cost to just buy the cut pieces. I just had them assemble it and water test it for me.
networkcrasher
post Oct 12 2017, 07:49 AM

9 posts

oh, and RM100 for a cube that small doesn't seem realistic to me. I got about 5 or 6 different quotes, and while my vessels were a lot larger than 1 foot, RM100 was not near what I paid.
BlackG
post Nov 28 2017, 12:22 AM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(networkcrasher @ Oct 12 2017, 07:48 AM)
Yeah there are different types of acrylic - cell cast and extruded.  You only want to use cell cast for water vessels. 

I ended up finding a sign shop to make the tanks for me.  worked out fine and I was happy with what I paid.  The price to have it assembled was not much higher than the cost to just buy the cut pieces.  I just had them assemble it and water test it for me.
what adhesive they use to seal/joint the edges?
networkcrasher
post Nov 28 2017, 12:47 AM

9 posts

Acrifix, I think. I bought some from them and I'm pretty sure that's what they built it with.

They hold water great. Very happy with the purchase.
ch_leong
post Mar 14 2018, 02:28 PM

Casual
435 posts

I found a new shop has this acrylic sheet
Virtua Sign Puchong
Can cut to your size. 21G, Jln Bandar Puchong 12, Pusat Bandar Puchong
Phone:03-58851281

The acrylic sheet brand is Polyasia which is good quality.

The one infront the LDP one shop cannot cut to your size.

xboxrockers
post May 28 2018, 01:35 AM

On my way
661 posts

try search this heard they are cheap

Acrylic Signs Material Sdn. Bhd.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0141sec    0.17    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:04 AM