Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Guitars looking for beginner guitar

views

TSKaitodesuuu
post Apr 20 2017, 09:32 PM, updated 7y ago

Casual
310 posts

so i recently started learning guitar on a acoustic guitar in my uni music room, looking to get one for myself.
budget is around 300-500 depends need amp or not (basically poorfeg uni student budget la har)
i'm okay with electric or acoustic, i listen to electric more but i don't mind acoustic also
i stay around bandar utama (near 1u) so if the store is nearby it would be alot easier for me
+3kk!
post Apr 21 2017, 04:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,275 posts

just wait of rend of the year sale, theres a few shops near you

bents (Curve), GC (TTDI)

and check around, or you want you can wait for the yamaha sale
goldfries
post Apr 22 2017, 02:52 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

There's Guitar Collection in 1U as well, New Wing upper floor near one of the escalators.

The Guitar Store is at Damansara Perdana.

Can head over and check out the guitars, acoustic guitar price varies. There are models with pickup and tone adjustment, those typically costs more but you might want to consider that if you have plans to connect to a guitar amp.
flamestudio
post Apr 22 2017, 11:19 PM

Regular
1,758 posts

How about giving Kepma Acoustic Guitar a try? It's actually quite good for its price.

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=4272158&hl=

This post has been edited by flamestudio: Apr 22 2017, 11:20 PM
juicyliana
post Apr 27 2017, 10:59 AM

when u think juicy, think liana
746 posts

stay in bandar utama wor.... mahal area eh....

can go to bentley to look at Taylor acoustic.
quarantined
post Apr 27 2017, 11:16 AM

Create Not Imitate
3,390 posts

QUOTE(goldfries @ Apr 22 2017, 02:52 AM)
There's Guitar Collection in 1U as well, New Wing upper floor near one of the escalators.

The Guitar Store is at Damansara Perdana.

Can head over and check out the guitars, acoustic guitar price varies. There are models with pickup and tone adjustment, those typically costs more but you might want to consider that if you have plans to connect to a guitar amp.
If I'm not mistaken TGS has way more guitars to try than GC? They might be more hospitable too but thats only based on my exp on other branches.

Whoa goldfries play guitars too?
goldfries
post Apr 28 2017, 01:14 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

QUOTE(quarantined @ Apr 27 2017, 11:16 AM)
If I'm not mistaken TGS has way more guitars to try than GC? They might be more hospitable too but thats only based on my exp on other branches.

Whoa goldfries play guitars too?
All-rounder musician. wink.gif

Oh yeah and Bentley is a good place to go too. Beats (Yamaha) at The Curve closed so no more browsing there.

I think I went to TGS more than GC. Either way both shops are fine.

Can also check out Mahogany Music which is at SS2.
check17
post Jul 2 2017, 11:39 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Kaitodesuuu @ Apr 20 2017, 09:32 PM)
so i recently started learning guitar on a acoustic guitar in my uni music room, looking to get one for myself.
budget is around 300-500 depends need amp or not (basically poorfeg uni student budget la har)
i'm okay with electric or acoustic, i listen to electric more but i don't mind acoustic also
i stay around bandar utama (near 1u) so if the store is nearby it would be alot easier for me
I like Ibanez a lot! They do some decent beginner level guitar. Also Squire as cheap version of Fender.
What style for?
7swell
post Jul 7 2017, 05:00 PM

3 posts

can check out swee lee, Epiphone acoustic guitar for RM499 i believe
chienpo2007
post Nov 2 2017, 09:33 AM

37 posts

is a bit far and you need a car but you can check out music bliss at PJ, they sell same price as market price, for availability have to ask though.

One more thing if you are looking for yamaha brand they sell it cheaper than yamaha themselves.

If your budget is tight go for starter acoustic, if you can save up can go for electric + Amp Package. If all else fail you can always get one in aliexpress, look for OEM seller

I can recommend some but i play bass guitar tongue.gif

This post has been edited by chienpo2007: Nov 2 2017, 09:35 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0129sec    0.19    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:27 AM