Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Any app can watch local MY channel ?, like TV1, TV2, TV3, NTV7 and so on..

views

dudester
post Jan 8 2018, 12:21 PM

Enthusiast
811 posts

HI, I think I found my answer here...looking for tvbox where my kids can also watch Discover/Nat Geo.
Seems like Android Republica can do that with a Minix box.
Any other recommendation?
dudester
post Jan 8 2018, 05:26 PM

Enthusiast
811 posts

Many thanks. Many thanks to the time taken and effort for the clarification.
The part that clears the most is I am getting too old for this smile.gif
Thank you sincerely.

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jan 8 2018, 03:45 PM)
u r probably wondering why u r not getting any definitive answer.

becos there is none.

let me explain to u a bit...

.. discovery, natgeo, history channels are not free, they are subscription payable via legit iptv or satellite providers.
.. if anyone says u can get it free, it means they are illegit/illegal streams, nobody wants to talk openly, incl sellers.
.. dis/nat/hist are considered live tv, not video on demand where u can find and watch anytime.

.. if u pay astro. u get them, in HD.
.. u can pay ahem sellers of such packages - they typically sell together with cheap box, no guarantee, u pay upfront for 1-2 years.

.. u heard about android boxes... yes, u can buy them, DIY to get something; been available >6 years now.
.. boxes come in all shapes, sizes, prices, capabilities; simple apps... just about any box can do.
.. some apps are more demanding, need certain boxes with right firmware.
.. u can buy online and DIY yrself; u can buy from shop/online from sellers who will install some apps free for you.
.. DIY or not, these apps come in all forms; these apps come n go, live and die... u need learn to maintain, find new, etc.
.. video on demand for movies and tv shows are easy to find; live tv is harder, live sports in HD is hardest to get.
(popular live sports is billion $ biz, providers spend millions $ to block in more than one way.)
.. using such a box is not pushing buttons with axtro... u need to spend time to learn how to use it effectively; not suitable for very old or very young.

.. specifically about dis/nat/hist - many variations... dis japanese, natgeo arabic, hist russian... chinese, vietnamese, greek, spanish, etc.
.. if just usa or uk, it becomes harder to get, harder even in HD; hardest to get HD reliably in one single app.
.. fairly easy to get to get versions of them in nay language in SD... i.e., u just want some lousy video.

so, u can decide which way to go.
my suggestion is not just read in forums.
go visit yr frens and neighbors who have them, see how they do it, if u r happy with it.
ask questions - what internet speed, what box, what app, where they buy, etc.

good luck!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0169sec    0.44    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:50 PM