TSkuroneko0509
post Apr 13 2017, 07:38 AM, updated 2y ago

~~sleeping anywhere, anytime, anyplace~~
Group Icon
Group: Moderator

user posted image
Lowyat.net Forum Nintendo Switch Official Discussion Thread

Introduction
Nintendo Switch is basically the latest hardware device from Nintendo, supposedly to be the third pillar alongside with 3DS and Wii U, but we all know it meant to replace both. Why? Because it's a hybrid device at its core.

General Information

Hardware SKU
There's 2 SKUs on launch, Grey & Neon. Other than the colours of the Joy-cons, there's no different between the two sets

Launch Price
-29,980+tax円
-US$299.99+tax
-CAD$399.99+tax
-£279.99
-AU$469.95
-HK$2,340
As for our region, we got a forced bundle (which includes The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild & 1-2 Switch) from our lovely distributor, Maxsoft that's priced from RM1,999 to RM2,399 depending on your preferable local store.

Stuff included in box
-Switch Console
-Switch Dock
-Joy‑Con (L)
-Joy‑Con ®
-Joy‑Con Wrist Straps
-Joy‑Con Grip
-High Speed HDMI Cable
-Switch AC Adapter (100-240V 50/60Hz)

Switch and Play
As it's a hybrid device, there's 3 main gameplay mode:
- TV mode
By putting the main switch unit on the dock and detaching the Joy-con, you can play it like any normal home console system
- Handheld mode
Featuring 6.2 inch IPS screen, you can easily play it without connecting to tv
- Table-top mode
Thanks to detachable Joy-con controller and a kickstand, you can just play it without restrained by tv or being stucked holding the console like a handheld. Just put the switch on some table and play it like a normal console

Joy-Con
- An evolution of Wiimote
- Features traditional input button like analog sticks, shoulder buttons, face buttons, directional buttons
- Each joy-con can be used as single controller, where you can SHARE THE JOY with someone else to play local co-op games
- Left joy-con features capture button that can capture compressed, lossy JPEG screenshot that can be shared to the social media. In future updates, you can record the gameplay
- Right joy-con have an IR Motion Camera, which is useful when playing jankenpon as it can detect the shape of your fist, whether you do rock, paper or scissor
- There's NFC reader directly above the analog stick on right joy-con, where it's used for the overpriced amiibo. Yeah, you need to tap amiibo on top of the analog stick
- Both joy-con features gyroscope, accelerometer and HD Rumble. HD Rumble is so high-def to the point where people can relate the vibration to an empty glass getting filled with ice cubes

Accessories
Too many, too expensive to list. It is recommended to ask in thread for suggested brand or accessories instead of waiting this post to be updated.

Region Free
Yup! Nintendo Switch is region free unlike 3DS or Wii U. You can freely play any switch game that you purchase. Buying digital games from different region eShop also much easier

Lowyat.NET Friend Code Sharing
Form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf...orm?usp=sf_link
Response:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MpA...dit?usp=sharing
Any request for modification please pm my lowyat account as I rarely checks my gmail and might miss the request.

Technical Specs
Switch console
Size Approximately 4 inches high, 9.4 inches long, and 0.55 inches deep (with Joy-Con attached) *The depth from the tip of the analog sticks to the tip of the ZL/ZR buttons is 1.12 inches
Weight Approximately .66 lbs (Approximately .88 lbs when Joy-Con controllers are attached)
Screen Multi-touch capacitive touch screen / 6.2-inch LCD Screen / 1280 x 720
CPU/GPU NVIDIA Custom Tegra processor
Storage 32 GB of internal storage, a portion of which is reserved for use by the system. Users can easily expand storage space using microSDHC or microSDXC cards up to 2TB (sold separately).
Networking Nintendo Switch can be connected to the Internet via a wireless (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) and Bluetooth 4.1 (In TV mode, Nintendo Switch can be connected by using a wired LAN adapter - sold separately)
Video OutputUp to 1080p via HDMI in TV mode. Up to 720p via built-in screen in tabletop mode and handheld mode
Audio OutputCompatible with 5.1ch Linear PCM output. Output via HDMI connector in TV mode
SpeakersStereo
Buttons Power button / Volume button
Headphone/mic jack3.5mm audio jack
Sound Stereo speakers, microphone
Game card slot Nintendo Switch game cards
microSD card slot Compatible with microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC memory cards. *Once the microSDXC card is inserted, a system update will be necessary. An Internet connection is required to perform this system update.
Sensor Accelerometer, gyroscope, and brightness sensor
Operating environment 41-95 degrees F / 20-80% humidity
Internal battery Lithium-ion battery/4310mAh
Battery life Approximately 2.5 - 6.5 hours
Chargin time Approximately 3 hours

Switch dock
Size Approximately 4.1 inches high, 6.8 inches long, and 2.12 inches deep
Weight Approximately .72 lbs
Screen Multi-touch capacitive touch screen / 6.2-inch LCD Screen / 1280 x 720
Output USB Port (USB 2.0 compatible) x2 on the side, 1 on the back
System connector
AC adapter port
HDMI port

Joy-Con Controllers
Size Approximately 4.02 inches high, 1.41 inches long, and 1.12 inches deep
Weight 1.7 oz (left)1.8 oz (right)
Buttons Left StickRight Stick
Up/down/left/right/L/ZL/SL/SR/- ButtonsA/B/X/Y/R/ZR/SL/SR/+ Buttons
Capture ButtonHOME Button
Release ButtonRelease Button
Sync ButtonSync Button
Wireless Bluetooth 3.0Bluetooth 3.0/NFC
SensorAccelorometerAccelerometer
GyroscopeGyroscope
Motion IR Camera
Vibration HD Rumble
Battery life Approximately 20 hours
Chargin time Approximately 3 hours 30 minutes

This post has been edited by kuroneko0509: May 18 2017, 11:00 AM
TSkuroneko0509
post Apr 13 2017, 07:39 AM

Group Icon

Upcoming Games and Demos
(LYN table format is hard to do fast enough. Will add later)

Questions & Answers
* Which region should we setup our Switch/Nintendo Account?
It is recommended to use US for both. Other suggested option is to make Japan account as well since there’ll be Japan exclusive games/demo

* Should I really make Japan account since I don’t understand Japanese?
Some games have Multilanguage even though it’s only available in JP eShop due to various reasons such as ported games with earlier JP release.

* Is there a list of those games with Multilanguage?
Will provide a list later (remind me please)

* Can I use my debit/credit card to buy games from eShop?
Now yes, because we don’t have official eShop region. If somehow later in the future there’s official Nintendo presence and there’s well-maintained eShop Malaysia, we won’t be able to do so. Of course, you need to check with your bank on how to enable foreign & online transaction first.

* For some reason, I can add funds directly to JP (or any other region) eShop for 3DS but not now on Switch. What happen?
It is probably related to the previous question. A solution is to combine eShop balance between 3DS & Switch, then add the funds via 3DS eShop.

* If I don’t want to use my debit/credit card to add funds, any suggestion on where can I get prepaid codes?
Amazon.com (for US eShop) and Amazon.co.jp (for JP eShop) are suggested as they’ll provide you with digital codes after purchase. You might need to temporarily change your address to their country first to checkout. There’s other websites that sell but first check if they’re selling at base price or markup price. There’s also some users that are selling here locally. Check our garage sales section for those. Do note that we don’t held responsible for any kind of transaction complications.

* I heard Nintendo will start charging for online play later. Any details on that?
Sadly, not much details of it for now. We don’t even have the pricing yet. Expect the details will be up during E3 2017 this June.

* Switch battery doesn’t last that long in my opinion. Any good powerbank to suggest?
Any powerbank that supports USB-PD “natively” is good for Switch. Our good fellow former stringfellow suggested to use XiaoMi QB820 as the power delivery almost as good as the supplied charger by Nintendo.

* Can we play multiplayer games with each other if our region games are different, both online & locally?
It is game dependent. Some games allow that while some don’t. Nintendo-published games generally allow different region multiplayers but some third party might not. According to some reports, Puyo Puyo Tetris don’t allow JP and non-JP version to play with each other. Always checks around before buying if you’re in particular care about this.

* Any suggested local gamestore for Switch related stuff purchase?
“Stealing this from kyo’s 3DS q&a”
QUOTE(Kyoyagami @ Feb 25 2015, 10:04 AM)
Locally, you have plenty of options. First off, Good Old Kyo has them for sale if the stocks are still available. Just be reminded I don’t provide warranty for consoles as I import them.

Next is more to the retailers with established shops. Within the Klang Valley area, don’t forget to check out Gamer's Hideout,Impulse Gaming, Heavy-Arm and so many other retailers that are carrying the consoles for sale. Outside of the Klang Valley area, be sure to check out your local malls as well. As for reputability, the first 4 named shops that I mentioned are the ones to go for.

Internationally isn’t a good idea unless you decide to find rare consoles that never get sold in this part of the world. Some limited edition ones never come in so, it’s best to take time to figure out what do you really want.

Wait, I didn’t just say I was reputable did I?

* What is Nintendo Direct that I keep on seeing in the internet?
Nintendo Direct is some sort of Nintendo's method for delivering news & future updates for both software & hardware. The video will generally pre-recorded and will be aired live on youtube & other video sites in a set date. There's no regular intervals of which Direct will be aired. You can check the archive here
NA Direct and JP Direct

This post has been edited by kuroneko0509: May 18 2017, 11:09 AM
kamikraze
post Apr 13 2017, 08:40 AM

Huawei P20 Midnight Blue + Pebble 2 HR Green
Group: Senior Member

First.

Well, watched Directs, Splatoon 2 and Arms will be release on July and June onwards.
So long way to go to get the games.
LEO1989
post Apr 13 2017, 09:03 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

puyo tetris, who wanna have a match later on when release?heheh
isr25
post Apr 13 2017, 09:12 AM

Getting Started

More games announced, but only interested in a few of them. No time to play em all tongue.gif
kamikraze
post Apr 13 2017, 10:36 AM

kuroneko0509

please put link to previous thread. in first post. thanks.
daniel20588
post Apr 13 2017, 10:44 AM

Casual

Nintendo Direct this morning, announce quite a lot of games but not really interested in every games.

But definitely will brought Puyo Puyo Tetris rclxms.gif
TSkuroneko0509
post Apr 13 2017, 10:46 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE(LEO1989 @ Apr 13 2017, 09:03 AM)
puyo tetris, who wanna have a match later on when release?heheh
i'll wait and see first if non-jp can coop with jp copy or not

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Apr 13 2017, 10:36 AM)
kuroneko0509

please put link to previous thread. in first post. thanks.
oh right I forgot
kamikraze
post Apr 13 2017, 10:51 AM

QUOTE(kuroneko0509 @ Apr 13 2017, 10:46 AM)
i'll wait and see first if non-jp can coop with jp copy or not
I tot Switch got no region lock right?
TSkuroneko0509
post Apr 13 2017, 10:59 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Apr 13 2017, 10:51 AM)
I tot Switch got no region lock right?
I mean the online coop. even if the game/system is region free, there's still low chance the online part is region locked especially when the game have different release date. low chance tho
stringfellow
post Apr 13 2017, 11:11 AM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR

The new Direct is why I'm excited: Nintendo need to show more games like these. Sine Mora EX(compared to Graceful Explosion Machine) and The Fall Part 2 Unbound(compared to Blaster Master) shows what kind of graphical prowess the Switch has under its hood. This in turn will attract AAA publishers to create content for the Switch, instead of the waves of "meh" indies and pixel art shovelware (although some are updated). I mean I love my Metal Slug 3 and World Heroes Perfect, but those games can only go so far in terms of convincing these devs that they should develop for the Switch. Hell, they can produce these types of pixel art shovelware on smartphones these days, and we all know the depths of garbage you have to swim through the sea of useless apps and games on smartphones these days.

Sure, indie games are nice, but catering majorly to that crowd only isn't why you cram so much hardware potential under the hood. You don't publish games like bloody "Othello" on an Nvidia Tegra capable device and expect people to lap it up.

TL;DR: stop with these indies shovelware, make more quality games. Inb4 " graphics isn't everything, if the gameplay is crap". So does the opposite. If graphics is crap, nobody's pulled to buy them either, unless you have prior experience with them or the nostalgic factor. Or better still, concentrate the indies shovelware crap onto the 3DS, get more serious with tapping the hardware on the Switch.

This post has been edited by stringfellow: Apr 13 2017, 11:11 AM
LEO1989
post Apr 13 2017, 11:16 AM

Casual

QUOTE(stringfellow @ Apr 13 2017, 11:11 AM)
The new Direct is why I'm excited: Nintendo need to show more games like these. Sine Mora EX(compared to Graceful Explosion Machine) and The Fall Part 2 Unbound(compared to Blaster Master) shows what kind of graphical prowess the Switch has under its hood. This in turn will attract AAA publishers to create content for the Switch, instead of the waves of "meh" indies and pixel art shovelware (although some are updated). I mean I love my Metal Slug 3 and World Heroes Perfect, but those games can only go so far in terms of convincing these devs that they should develop for the Switch. Hell, they can produce these types of pixel art shovelware on smartphones these days, and we all know the depths of garbage you have to swim through the sea of useless apps and games on smartphones these days.

Sure, indie games are nice, but catering majorly to that crowd only isn't why you cram so much hardware potential under the hood. You don't publish games like bloody "Othello" on an Nvidia Tegra capable device and expect people to lap it up.

TL;DR: stop with these indies shovelware, make more quality games. Inb4 " graphics isn't everything, if the gameplay is crap". So does the opposite. If graphics is crap, nobody's pulled to buy them either, unless you have prior experience with them or the nostalgic factor. Or better still, concentrate the indies shovelware crap onto the 3DS, get more serious with tapping the hardware on the Switch.
totally agree
puterabemi
post Apr 13 2017, 11:21 AM

Getting Started

Gratz on v2.

Ive been eyeing for switch since launch. But still no money to buy one.

Hope the price will go down later....
kamikraze
post Apr 13 2017, 11:50 AM

QUOTE(kuroneko0509 @ Apr 13 2017, 10:59 AM)
I mean the online coop. even if the game/system is region free, there's still low chance the online part is region locked especially when the game have different release date. low chance tho
I see, how about bomberman?

QUOTE(stringfellow @ Apr 13 2017, 11:11 AM)

Pretty much true. But give em more time, E3 is coming. To develop new title for a very young console system wasn't easy, and it's time consuming.
This remind me when Ps4 launch few years back, with several big title remake upon released.
malakus
post Apr 13 2017, 12:01 PM

Getting Started

Wow.. Hd rumbles can simulate breasts.. japanese direct

I hope maxsoft bring the mario kart bundle

This post has been edited by malakus: Apr 13 2017, 12:07 PM
stringfellow
post Apr 13 2017, 12:18 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Apr 13 2017, 11:50 AM)
Pretty much true. But give em more time, E3 is coming. To develop new title for a very young console system wasn't easy, and it's time consuming.
This remind me when Ps4 launch few years back, with several big title remake upon released.
They're more eager to plaster indie games titles in development that whatever THQ Nordic was showing. Even if the games are under development, concept arts and screenshot of what the games are about will give clear idea of what kind of genre, gameplay and graphics are to be expected. I'll take that over endless indies.

Look what just arrived in the mail. All your Amiibos are belong to me, Nintendo. That'll teach you to lock your content behind plastic toys I don't give a crap about collecting.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by stringfellow: Apr 13 2017, 12:33 PM
zack9999
post Apr 13 2017, 12:31 PM

Getting Started

Any one encounters the problem of their Switch bending as reported by online media? http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/140715-has...roblem-reported
daniel20588
post Apr 13 2017, 12:56 PM

Casual

QUOTE(stringfellow @ Apr 13 2017, 12:18 PM)
They're more eager to plaster indie games titles in development that whatever THQ Nordic was showing. Even if the games are under development, concept arts and screenshot of what the games are about will give clear idea of what kind of genre, gameplay and graphics are to be expected. I'll take that over endless indies.

Look what just arrived in the mail. All your Amiibos are belong to me, Nintendo. That'll teach you to lock your content behind plastic toys I don't give a crap about collecting.

Will this save a lot of Amiibo inside? Because I saw another more powerful NFCTag which will allow to store about 200 Amiibo in the tag cool2.gif
emy_xvidia
post Apr 13 2017, 01:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!

These have just arrived from the US of A! Well except for the Pro controller. tongue.gif

stringfellow
post Apr 13 2017, 01:13 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR

QUOTE(daniel20588 @ Apr 13 2017, 12:56 PM)
Will this save a lot of Amiibo inside? Because I saw another more powerful NFCTag which will allow to store about 200 Amiibo in the tag cool2.gif
Rewritable. That's as good as "unlimited" amount of Amiibos. It's not like all 200 Amiibos is used in the game, only a few gives worthwhile perks. And what happens if the Amiibo numbers exceed 200?

The N2 Elite that holds 200 Amiibos have a glitch when cycling through empty banks.

199 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0834sec    2.48    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th July 2019 - 10:30 AM