Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Good Bye P1 Wimax..., P1 shutting down their wimax.

views

TSSMF97
post Mar 24 2017, 04:58 PM, updated 3y ago

25 posts

bye.gif

Who use P1 anymore? LOL right?...My family have subscribed P1 Wimax RM49 since it first came out (I think when it have POTONG ads). Have a lot of expriece from this service, the internet speed get slower when heavy rain(now it really stable although outside raining like cat and dogs).

P1 2 years of use it came with 512Kbps,( I dont really remember... rclxub.gif ), it took 7 hours to download 700mb movies!!!(Im feeling proud for my patient), yup, 5 GB of quota wont be enough , I advised my sibling to watch youtube in 240p(LOL!!).. After 2 years contract finished, They contact my father and tell him to continue the contract and will be give extra 5GB every month!(Total 10GB), We continue using Wimax until one day they upgraded our broadband plan to 1mbps biggrin.gif.

But today each family member have their own smartphone except for my mother and father(He rarely use internet)..10GB WILL be finish in just 15days!!! Sometime 10Days!!...I dont really dind ask my father to change the internet service because he always think that internet were waste of money..and my lil sister will always on her phone and finising quata like water...For now i been using data for a while (Umobile)..

Okay...

Last two weeks i recieve an email saying P1 Wimax will discontinue thier service...

here the email look like..--->>>

""At P1, we are committed to continuously improve our services to bring to you a better experience. Hence, we are excited to inform you that our new LTE network infrastructure will be deployed in your area soon. As part of this exercise, we regret to inform you that your WiMAX services will no longer be available effective 14-Apr-2017.

Please fill up our Online Support Form and our representative will advise you further on the WiMAX termination process. Account termination will only be completed upon returning of the modem and settlement of outstanding charges, if any. Early termination fee will NOT be applicable.

As part of the Telekom Malaysia Group ™, we have alternative services that may suit your needs. We are confident you will find the services as appealing and relevant. We may be contacting you to offer a variety of packages by TM, subject to service availability in your area. Alternatively, you may visit www.tm.com.my for more information.

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences caused and look forward to serving you again when our new LTE network is ready. It has been a pleasure serving you and we look forward to bringing you a world of exciting new experiences through our improved services and coverage very soon.

Thank you."" bye.gif bye.gif

And now I currently need a new broadband plan that affordable any recommendation?

Im thinking to try Webe broadband drool.gif
Webe is p1 .....???

Any P1 users here??

Thats all for today..
Thanks for reading!!
Attached Image

This post has been edited by SMF97: Mar 24 2017, 05:05 PM
mztang52
post Mar 24 2017, 05:07 PM

Before you quit, TRY it
2,664 posts

QUOTE(SMF97 @ Mar 24 2017, 05:58 PM)
bye.gif
      Who use P1 anymore? LOL right?...My family have subscribed P1 Wimax RM49 since it first came out (I think when it have POTONG ads). Have a lot of expriece from this service, the internet speed get slower when heavy rain(now it really stable although outside raining like cat and dogs).

P1 2 years of use it came with 512Kbps,( I dont really remember... rclxub.gif ), it took 7 hours to download 700mb movies!!!(Im feeling proud for my patient), yup, 5 GB of quota wont be enough , I advised my sibling to watch youtube in 240p(LOL!!).. After 2 years contract finished, They contact my father and tell him to continue the contract and will be give extra 5GB every month!(Total 10GB), We continue using Wimax until one day they upgraded our broadband plan to 1mbps biggrin.gif.

But today each family member have their own smartphone except for my mother and father(He rarely use internet)..10GB WILL be finish in just 15days!!! Sometime 10Days!!...I dont really dind ask my father to change the internet service because he always think that internet were waste of money..and my lil sister will always on her phone and finising quata like water...For now i been using data for a while (Umobile)..

Okay...

Last two weeks i recieve an email saying P1 Wimax will discontinue thier service...

""At P1, we are committed to continuously improve our services to bring to you a better experience. Hence, we are excited to inform you that our new LTE network infrastructure will be deployed in your area soon. As part of this exercise, we regret to inform you that your WiMAX services will no longer be available effective 14-Apr-2017.

Please fill up our Online Support Form and our representative will advise you further on the WiMAX termination process.  Account termination will only be completed upon returning of the modem and settlement of outstanding charges, if any. Early termination fee will NOT be applicable.

As part of the Telekom Malaysia Group ™, we have alternative services that may suit your needs. We are confident you will find the services as appealing and relevant. We may be contacting you to offer a variety of packages by TM, subject to service availability in your area. Alternatively, you may visit www.tm.com.my for more information.

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences caused and look forward to serving you again when our new LTE network is ready. It has been a pleasure serving you and we look forward to bringing you a world of exciting new experiences through our improved services and coverage very soon.

Thank you."" bye.gif  bye.gif

And now I currently need a new broadband plan that affordable any recommendation?

Webe is p1 .....???

Any P1 users here??

Thats all for today..
Thanks for reading!!
Attached Image
Ya. Webe is P1. Maybe you can try it but again, it is 10GB + 20GB. If they end the promotion, the 20GB will be forfeited.
TSSMF97
post Mar 24 2017, 05:12 PM

25 posts

QUOTE(mztang52 @ Mar 24 2017, 05:07 PM)
Ya.  Webe is P1. Maybe you can try it but again, it is 10GB + 20GB. If they end the promotion, the 20GB will be forfeited.
Thanks for replying !!

I will try to subs the plan when i have time.... seem to be no contratc on webe...no risk taken bruce.gif
mztang52
post Mar 24 2017, 05:21 PM

Before you quit, TRY it
2,664 posts

QUOTE(SMF97 @ Mar 24 2017, 06:12 PM)
Thanks for replying !!

I will try to subs the plan when i have time.... seem to be no contratc on webe...no risk taken bruce.gif
You can just subscribe it online.
Chriss
post Mar 26 2017, 12:58 AM

*** Lai liao ***
633 posts

bye p1 u wont be missed
kelwindyee
post Mar 28 2017, 07:03 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(SMF97 @ Mar 24 2017, 04:58 PM)
bye.gif

Okay...

Please fill up our Online Support Form and our representative will advise you further on the WiMAX termination process.  Account termination will only be completed upon returning of the modem and settlement of outstanding charges, if any. Early termination fee will NOT be applicable.

Thank you."" bye.gif  bye.gif

Webe is p1 .....???

Any P1 users here??

Thats all for today..
Thanks for reading!!
Attached Image
same here.
i am using RM149 unlimited quota now, my family are heavy users, at least 30GB per month
b4 this, i am using maxis RM68 3GB, it can brother with Streamyx....terrible

now I am going back to jungle again, no UNIFI, no TIME cry.gif
a2zextra
post Mar 28 2017, 10:14 PM

Casual
373 posts

P1 a failed company, trying to rebrand their company, but still unable to improve their quality of service. It's a new burden for TM Group company.
KateWinslett
post Mar 29 2017, 10:30 AM

21 posts

Good Riddance...may P1 rot in hell
fadzioriq
post Mar 29 2017, 01:27 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

I still using P1. To me it's the most affordable plan for light user and I like the portability too. Im subscribing the 1mb plan with unlimited quota. May I know whether this will effect all user or certain area only?
zher4883
post Mar 29 2017, 04:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,590 posts

QUOTE(fadzioriq @ Mar 29 2017, 01:27 PM)
I still using P1. To me it's the most affordable plan for light user and I like the portability too. Im subscribing the 1mb plan with unlimited quota. May I know whether this will effect all user or certain area only?
They are shutting down phase by phase.
fadzioriq
post Mar 29 2017, 06:08 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(zher4883 @ Mar 29 2017, 04:43 PM)
They are shutting down phase by phase.
Dear oh dear, so sad to hear that. Have to resort for another ISP then.
Chriss
post Mar 30 2017, 01:16 AM

*** Lai liao ***
633 posts

QUOTE(KateWinslett @ Mar 29 2017, 10:30 AM)
Good Riddance...may P1 rot in hell
+1
Cairn
post Mar 31 2017, 12:45 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(SMF97 @ Mar 24 2017, 04:58 PM)
At P1, we are committed to continuously improve our services to bring to you a better experience. Hence, we are excited to inform you that our new LTE network infrastructure will be deployed in your area soon. As part of this exercise, we regret to inform you that your WiMAX services will no longer be available effective 14-Apr-2017.
Based on the email, I think this affect area without LTE coverage only, but not shutting down completely.
coolstore
post Apr 5 2017, 11:49 AM

Regular
1,494 posts

p1 wimax 2300mhz > webe LTE 2300mhz, yeah!

zher4883
post Apr 5 2017, 12:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,590 posts

QUOTE(coolstore @ Apr 5 2017, 11:49 AM)
p1 wimax 2300mhz > webe LTE 2300mhz, yeah!
Don't forget LTE has significantly higher spectrum efficiency than Wimax.
glorykeeper
post Jun 8 2017, 10:34 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

They say my place no base sation. So no more service. Then they charge and bill for the early termination fee!!! Is this acceptable?
glorykeeper
post Jun 8 2017, 10:35 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

Can any p1 or webe or tm answer this?!!!
unbrutal
post Jul 18 2017, 12:32 AM

2 posts

Today, 17th July 2017, My P1 Wimax 1mbps also terminated....no more signal, on early 2017, 1st base dismantled, I bought a parabolic antenna and continued using them from far away base. Today everything finish.

Even 1mbps....unlimited qouta.....everything just fine....never disconnect like Streamyx.
Now after P1 swallowed by TM.....TM will protect their baby Unifi and Baby Streamx.
Changing to WEBE.....cheap and using a small dumb modem Mifi only......very anoying.
Tomorrow I will try to adjust my parabolic for last once......then I will go to YES.
WEBE will not last longer.....
sHawTY
post Jul 18 2017, 09:37 AM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
11,909 posts

QUOTE(glorykeeper @ Jun 8 2017, 10:35 AM)
Can any p1 or webe or tm answer this?!!!
Why are you looking for answers from them in here?
This forum doesn't belong to any of them buddy laugh.gif
squall0833
post Jul 20 2017, 01:30 AM

Regular
1,376 posts

P1? kek

any current mobile network telco speed also can beat it easily
alexchew_2020
post Jul 20 2017, 01:34 AM

MOD
3,072 posts

digi 150i...