129 Pages « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN PROTON IRIZ OWNER THREAD V8, UPGRADE AND IMPROVE

views

TSannas473
post Mar 26 2017, 11:19 PM

Enthusiast
811 posts

QUOTE(streetglow @ Mar 26 2017, 10:21 PM)
hi can i know agak2 berapa 2nd hand unit 1.3m...i saw mudah ppl selling 3xk...for 2-3 years car...is this worth that much?
around that price
streetglow
post Mar 26 2017, 11:46 PM

i wish i could
643 posts

QUOTE(annas473 @ Mar 26 2017, 11:19 PM)
around that price
new car around 41k...2nd hand need 3xk? 2-3 years old? confused.gif
yadea
post Mar 27 2017, 12:27 AM

Getting Started
127 posts

Just got my car back last Thursday from the COSE body shop after the lorry collided into my rear.
Timeline:
21 Feb - Accident happen.
24 Feb - Sent car into workshop for assessment
27 Feb - Tokio Marine™ adjuster appointed for estimate.
28 Feb - Proton runners keep saying that the lorry driver didnt make police report. Have to wait for sergeant to issue fine first.
04 Mar - Can take my car back for OTR use.
06 Mar - Runner confirm that the other party has made police report.
10 Mar - Insurance approved my claims.
13 Mar - Proton estimator orders parts for car.
16 Mar - Parts arrived.
17 Mar - Sent my car in for the actual repairs.
23 Mar - Car repairs complete.

Overall paint feel is different for both tailgate and bumper compared to the body. Replaced tailgate and repaired bumper. Total 1.8k+. There was an issue where due to incomplete documents, Proton speed up the process of getting estimator by submitting to my insurance that I am claiming my own insurance. On 23 Mar when I went to collect my car, I realized that the insurance is claiming mine not 3rd party claim(Only realized this when I asked for the form for Loss of Use claims). Had to call insurance and keep communicating with them and proton. End up wasting 3-4 hours and had to take emergency 1/2 day off work. Eventually resolved by my insurance just sending proton a form for me to sign to change these claims. Next day asked my insurance agent to help me submit my loss of use claim documents to the 3rd party insurance.

My advise, if u want to speed things up, dont rely on proton runners. Get all the documents on ur own(will consume a lot of ur time and some money which u can claim back during loss of use). Get loss of use form and submit relevant documents necessary. Proton can help u with those documents. If relied on runner, ask for copy of the documents from proton.

Now hoping to claim RM930 for 31 days loss of use. RM30/day for 1.3.

QUOTE(WiLeKiyO @ Mar 23 2017, 12:24 PM)
Saw this on Facebook.

1 question, WHY?

user posted image
Because WASSAP and they think looks cool. "think".

QUOTE(chikuera @ Mar 23 2017, 04:13 PM)
just go to COSE if you are in klang valley..but need to book 1 week earlier.

they never add on unnecessary items and always follow the book procedure
COSE never asked me to add any unnecessary items. Never had job for windscreen washer fluid, octane booster, etc. Thats why I send my car there.

QUOTE(syafiqsm @ Mar 25 2017, 02:54 AM)
Well, my front passenger window also got problem. It's easy to wind down, but very slow to go up. It gets worse when it's raining. It feels that the rubber surrounding it got too dry or something. Ain't going to complaint yet.
Probably need greasing. Just send in during next service and let them know. Probably they will just apply oil. Note: the exterior of ur body may have oil residue and might smell a bit for a while but window issue should be fixed.

QUOTE(crayzee @ Mar 25 2017, 04:57 PM)
Found out lots of prep work needed.
Priming, base coat, hydrographics print and the activators and glossy top coat total cost about rm120 if i need to DIY @_@
Just spray plasti dip paint can already. If want fancy pattern then wrap is much cheaper (heatgun or in some cases, hair dryer is needed).
WiLeKiyO
post Mar 27 2017, 01:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,144 posts

QUOTE(yadea @ Mar 27 2017, 12:27 AM)
Just got my car back last Thursday from the COSE body shop after the lorry collided into my rear.
Timeline:
21 Feb - Accident happen.
24 Feb - Sent car into workshop for assessment
27 Feb - Tokio Marine™ adjuster appointed for estimate.
28 Feb - Proton runners keep saying that the lorry driver didnt make police report. Have to wait for sergeant to issue fine first.
04 Mar - Can take my car back for OTR use.
06 Mar - Runner confirm that the other party has made police report.
10 Mar - Insurance approved my claims.
13 Mar - Proton estimator orders parts for car.
16 Mar - Parts arrived.
17 Mar - Sent my car in for the actual repairs.
23 Mar - Car repairs complete.

Overall paint feel is different for both tailgate and bumper compared to the body. Replaced tailgate and repaired bumper. Total 1.8k+. There was an issue where due to incomplete documents, Proton speed up the process of getting estimator by submitting to my insurance that I am claiming my own insurance. On 23 Mar when I went to collect my car, I realized that the insurance is claiming mine not 3rd party claim(Only realized this when I asked for the form for Loss of Use claims). Had to call insurance and keep communicating with them and proton. End up wasting 3-4 hours and had to take emergency 1/2 day off work. Eventually resolved by my insurance just sending proton a form for me to sign to change these claims. Next day asked my insurance agent to help me submit my loss of use claim documents to the 3rd party insurance.

My advise, if u want to speed things up, dont rely on proton runners. Get all the documents on ur own(will consume a lot of ur time and some money which u can claim back during loss of use). Get loss of use form and submit relevant documents necessary. Proton can help u with those documents. If relied on runner, ask for copy of the documents from proton.

Because WASSAP and they think looks cool. "think".
COSE never asked me to add any unnecessary items. Never had job for windscreen washer fluid, octane booster, etc. Thats why I send my car there.
Probably need greasing. Just send in during next service and let them know. Probably they will just apply oil. Note: the exterior of ur body may have oil residue and might smell a bit for a while but window issue should be fixed.
Just spray plasti dip paint can already. If want fancy pattern then wrap is much cheaper (heatgun or in some cases, hair dryer is needed).
This is the most worrying.

I also involved in an accident few months back, had to change the whole rear bumper.

The stock bumper is black, I am worry if repaint the colour does not match.

This post has been edited by WiLeKiyO: Mar 27 2017, 01:15 AM
clarkblitz
post Mar 27 2017, 08:08 AM

On my way
630 posts

Guys,

Went for servicing on saturday last week.... did my servicing after skipping the CVT oil and CVT filter, and yes I can change @ 60k... just that they were pushing me to service last week... told them i'll wait for 60k to change CVT next time, they kept quiet, haha
changed air filter, coolant, EO and all those other stuff, bill came up to RM 367.80.
At first it was RM 720, but later they showed me a bill of RM 367.80 instead, haha
lol~
post Mar 27 2017, 09:10 AM

Casual
332 posts

QUOTE(yadea @ Mar 27 2017, 12:27 AM)

how to claim this?from insurance or proton?
musicversion00
post Mar 27 2017, 09:48 AM

Getting Started
55 posts

@Proton Service center- Jalan Tun Jugah, Kch

just come back from service center, 3rd month service. everything smooth and total time spent there is about 1 hour 30 min, which is quick compared to previous. as usual they didnt give me any bill of service or what is done lol

use semi syn petronas Syntium 800 SE. Total cost is free as i purchased the car comes with 2 year free service(voucher)
azyune
post Mar 27 2017, 09:49 AM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(WiLeKiyO @ Mar 23 2017, 12:24 PM)
Saw this on Facebook.

1 question, WHY?

user posted image
Why? different people has different taste and hobby. If that is not our cup of tea, instead of judging just respect it as long as they don't affect our daily life because the same thing could be said by others to our own hobby.

Of course to some of us see that Hellaflush scene (over-cambered) looks silly and impractical. But I think la its better than Stance scene (over-lowered) which most probably be hated especially at bumped road or parking lot laugh.gif

definitely insurance cover

This post has been edited by azyune: Mar 27 2017, 09:54 AM
chikuera
post Mar 27 2017, 10:08 AM

Nora Bagi 4 Stars!!
749 posts

QUOTE(streetglow @ Mar 26 2017, 11:46 PM)
new car around 41k...2nd hand need 3xk? 2-3 years old?  confused.gif
proton bro.. whistling.gif

QUOTE(lol~ @ Mar 27 2017, 09:10 AM)
from insurance..they rarely tell u this. but u can claim

QUOTE(azyune @ Mar 27 2017, 09:49 AM)
Why? different people has different taste and hobby. If that is not our cup of tea, instead of judging just respect it as long as they don't affect our daily life because the same thing could be said by others to our own hobby.

Of course to some of us see that Hellaflush scene (over-cambered) looks silly and impractical. But I think la its better than Stance scene (over-lowered) which most probably be hated especially at bumped road or parking lot  laugh.gif
definitely insurance cover
they do. taking 2 lane just to pass 1 speedbump. wtf
lol~
post Mar 27 2017, 10:36 AM

Casual
332 posts

QUOTE(chikuera @ Mar 27 2017, 10:08 AM)
proton bro.. whistling.gif
from insurance..they rarely tell u this. but u can claim
they do. taking 2 lane just to pass 1 speedbump. wtf
wow! more added info. thanks!

chikuera
post Mar 27 2017, 10:57 AM

Nora Bagi 4 Stars!!
749 posts

QUOTE(lol~ @ Mar 27 2017, 10:36 AM)
wow! more added info. thanks!
also knew from my friend because he got into accident..claim loss of use..not sure how the procedure tho
TSannas473
post Mar 27 2017, 12:51 PM

Enthusiast
811 posts

QUOTE(streetglow @ Mar 26 2017, 11:46 PM)
new car around 41k...2nd hand need 3xk? 2-3 years old?  :confused:
My place got 1.3m showroom unit very low mileage sell for 30k not sure which year.

I think it still available. Just dp 2k for interchange and loan processing by SA. Not sure they offset 2k from car value or not.
streetglow
post Mar 27 2017, 01:28 PM

i wish i could
643 posts

QUOTE(annas473 @ Mar 27 2017, 12:51 PM)
My place got 1.3m showroom unit very low mileage sell for 30k not sure which year.

I think it still available. Just dp 2k for interchange and loan processing by SA. Not sure they offset 2k from car value or not.
Coz my budget around 2xk..might check it out too. Can i hv the contact? Is in kl?
Need to go check it out.
TSannas473
post Mar 27 2017, 01:55 PM

Enthusiast
811 posts

QUOTE(streetglow @ Mar 27 2017, 01:28 PM)
Coz my budget around 2xk..might check it out too. Can i hv the contact? Is in kl?
Need to go check it out.
I will pm u asap.
musicversion00
post Mar 27 2017, 09:50 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

i just checked the manual(page 95), during the headlights ON (at night), we cant flash the high beam..if want to flash need to turn on and off the highbeam, but it wont consider as flash sad.gif

anyone knows is there a way to flash headlight when headlight is ON?
yadea
post Mar 27 2017, 10:33 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(WiLeKiyO @ Mar 27 2017, 01:14 AM)
This is the most worrying.

I also involved in an accident few months back, had to change the whole rear bumper.

The stock bumper is black, I am worry if repaint the colour does not match.
Mine because claiming other party so I want a full job done. The colour doesnt match but I think only nearer the car then only can notice.

QUOTE(lol~ @ Mar 27 2017, 09:10 AM)
Proton can help provide u the documents if they have it. On the other hand, u need to submit it urself unless u have a good agent like in my case, she helped me to submit it.

QUOTE(musicversion00 @ Mar 27 2017, 09:50 PM)
i just checked the manual(page 95), during the headlights ON (at night), we cant flash the high beam..if want to flash need to turn on and off the highbeam, but it wont consider as flash sad.gif

anyone knows is there a way to flash headlight when headlight is ON?
Isn't that the way to flash when headlights is on? Just toggle on and off highlight fast.
twhong_91
post Mar 28 2017, 10:43 PM

1,613 posts

hi guys, previously i went to a tyre shop to do balancing and alignment. The thing is the foreman told me that maybe my rear right absorber is faulty as he compared the left tyre and right tyre, the surface of right tyre was like some surface makan & road some surface not makan, but the left one is okay.

so he told me maybe the absorber is faulty thats why the tyre become like that.

after that he suggested me to align the right tyre to left and left to right as if i switch to the front, it will be noisy.

few days later, i went to proton service centre, the advisor told me that no issue with the absorber and they had tighten it.

does anyone know what is wrong?

This post has been edited by twhong_91: Mar 28 2017, 10:43 PM
TSannas473
post Mar 29 2017, 07:55 AM

Enthusiast
811 posts

QUOTE(twhong_91 @ Mar 28 2017, 10:43 PM)
hi guys, previously i went to a tyre shop to do balancing and alignment. The thing is the foreman told me that maybe my rear right absorber is faulty as he compared the left tyre and right tyre, the surface of right tyre was like some surface makan & road some surface not makan, but the left one is okay.

after that he suggested me to align the right tyre to left and left to right as if i switch to the front, it will be noisy.

few days later, i went to proton service centre, the advisor told me that no issue with the absorber and they had tighten it.

My case is all negative abit aka kangkang.

Back tyre need to adjust caster.

Noisy... yes. I'm using PS3 mmg noisy with this iriz.

musicversion00
post Mar 29 2017, 08:05 AM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(twhong_91 @ Mar 28 2017, 10:43 PM)

did you tell the proton your tyre thread wear unevenly? its their job to find out.. theres lot of factor, could be one of the brake tyre a bit early, etc
khairilyazit
post Mar 29 2017, 08:33 AM

Casual
405 posts

QUOTE(annas473 @ Mar 29 2017, 07:55 AM)
My case is all negative abit aka kangkang.

Back tyre need to adjust caster.

Noisy... yes. I'm using PS3 mmg noisy with this iriz.
Wait what..
Caster angle is important at the front.. and its set at the factory... no adjustment..
camber and toe for the front suspension..
There is no adjustment for the rear wheel as its torsion beam rear axle, unlike the suprima which uses multilink at the rear..

Proton cars always have abit of negative camber at the back..

129 Pages « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0158sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:27 PM