Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Working in Singapore V20, All About Living in The Little Red Dot

views

kai91
post Mar 1 2017, 10:21 PM

33 posts

just as you guys were talking about ocbc360, they have now revised their bonus terms. you guys jinx it biggrin.gif

come come uob
kai91
post Mar 2 2017, 10:31 AM

33 posts

QUOTE(aLertz @ Mar 2 2017, 09:59 AM)
Congrats V20 liau !!!
sigh....no more saving bonus....lost 1% there
any better ones out there? UOB better?
I probably should've mentioned that uob is not for all. but if you are spending $500 per month (can be on their debit or credit) then it's easier to earn their bonus. it's just $500 spending + salary.
kai91
post Apr 5 2017, 09:05 PM

33 posts

QUOTE(K1d0 @ Apr 5 2017, 03:39 PM)
Check your PM smile.gif

btw guys for opening bank account, proof of address documents,can I use certificate of stamp duty for room rental? They don't accept room rental agreement and I don't have phone bill statement because I'm using prepaid now as it's paid by company previously. The bank staff wasn't very sure and ask me to bring it over to try.
since you said you worked previously, you must have had a bank account. why not just use your bank's monthly statement?
kai91
post Apr 23 2017, 06:58 PM

33 posts

QUOTE(knwong @ Apr 23 2017, 05:59 PM)
Which company doesn't require physical interview?
Tech companies, software engineering position.
Not all tech companies do this, but from my experience at least half of them do. Big ones like Facebook and Google do require physical interview after few rounds of online interviews, but they pay for all your expenses.
kai91
post Jun 8 2017, 10:49 PM

33 posts

QUOTE(Blues89 @ Jun 8 2017, 12:07 PM)
ada lubang for mobile app dev ?XD
my company is always hiring mobile app dev laugh.gif laugh.gif
edit: or any software engineers laugh.gif

This post has been edited by kai91: Jun 8 2017, 10:49 PM
kai91
post Jun 11 2017, 09:47 AM

33 posts

QUOTE(Riolis @ Jun 9 2017, 07:44 AM)
Where should i drop my resume for mobile dev laugh.gif laugh.gif
ops, missed your msg. can just pm me i can give you more details or answer any questions you have. ps: i work for grab laugh.gif
i can pass your resume straight to hr brows.gif
kai91
post Jul 21 2017, 01:30 AM

33 posts

QUOTE(strategist @ Jul 20 2017, 04:48 PM)
2) Which bank account should I open? prefers easy / good transfer rate between MY and SG banks. Prefers bank with good online brokerage platform that allows me to invest in S&P 500 index fund
dbs is relatively easy to transfer money to malaysia. in general, bank exchange rate sucks, it's the price that you pay for convenience. whats the best rate? i don't think anyone is keeping tab of the rates. even if a bank has the best rate for today, tomorrow it could be another bank. again, nobody is keeping track and rate by bank sucks.

there are requirement to open brokerage account in sg. you can look up CARS assessment. if you just want to invest in index fund, robo-advisors are opening up in sg. there are 3 right now: StashAway, AutoWealth and Smartly. They are still in beta and started to onboard users laugh.gif but now that these services are available for those in sg, why not invest using them wink.gif afaik malaysia dont have any robo advisor yet

kai91
post Jan 30 2018, 01:19 PM

33 posts

QUOTE(Thunder_Bolt @ Jan 30 2018, 12:39 PM)
I have the same question as you biggrin.gif

not sure should periodically send back to Msia or keep all in SG.
nobody knows. the most important thing to do with your money is to invest them. if you like to keep them in msia, then invest in msia, and the same for sg. however, there are more investment services at sg compared to msia.
kai91
post Mar 22 2018, 09:35 AM

33 posts

QUOTE(WhyNotYouTeachMe @ Mar 22 2018, 01:43 AM)
wanna ask, (recently) has anyone ever landed a big 4/medium sized firm job in sg without any connections. just like apply thru website or jobstreet.

just wanna know success rates
i'm not in big 4, but just wanna pinch in. so many (too many, in fact) people are asking about success rate of this and that. why don't just apply? even if success rate is 5%, or 10%, or 90%, although it's good to have reference, it's your own application. even if success rate is only 5%, you still stand a chance. if you don't apply, of course the chance is gonna be zero.

there's nothing to lose from submitting an application (except the time to clean up your resume and interviewing?). don't let your fear of failing from stopping you

just my 2 cent, cheap cheap only laugh.gif but hey, i'm just some guy over the internet, what do i know biggrin.gif
kai91
post Mar 24 2018, 02:29 PM

33 posts

QUOTE(deodorant @ Mar 24 2018, 09:50 AM)
I am low risk low intelligence low SES investor so just put everything in world index ETFs.
What is SES? But I agree with world index ETF biggrin.gif
kai91
post Apr 9 2018, 11:27 AM

33 posts

QUOTE(huaweie5830 @ Apr 9 2018, 10:50 AM)
Suddenly all become so Patriotic, meanwhile all these years working in SG , nvr bother go back Malaysia to work and contribute more

No offence , but cold hard truth
aiya don't discourage others la.

in your example, it's also quite clear. working at SG => immediate benefits for that choice, money goes into your pocket directly. go back to malaysia to contribute => hoping malaysia to get better in the future (but nobody knows when or if it's going to happen).

of course the first choice carries less risk. makes sense for everyone to think about themselves first right? wink.gif

for election, it's a small price to pay to go back hometown. any risk to your current situation/job? none wink.gif unless got deadline to rush la yawn.gif
kai91
post Aug 8 2018, 02:14 PM

33 posts

why not? my main reason of getting PR is just cpf. extra money, why don't want?

This post has been edited by kai91: Aug 8 2018, 02:14 PM
kai91
post Aug 8 2018, 03:17 PM

33 posts

QUOTE(anak_telur @ Aug 8 2018, 03:11 PM)
wanna ask abt PR.. let say i apply and then few yrs down the road, i give up my PR.. i will not be able to receive my cpf in cash until i am 55 yrs old right ? my udnertsanding is tht unless u are from sarawak/sabah, there is no way to withdraw cpf in cash upon giving up my pr. meaning my money gonna stuck in sg???
yea that's the main concern for everyone who don't want to apply PR. your money is also stuck in epf but at least can use it to pay for house. so it depends on each person's financial planning.
kai91
post Nov 16 2023, 04:59 PM

33 posts

QUOTE(lol0919 @ Nov 9 2023, 12:01 PM)
Hi all sifus, does anyone know what is the salary range for software engineer with 4 years exp in the current market?
Im currently looking for java developer role in Singapore and no idea how much expected salary shall i demand while applying job, my last drawn was 6k SGD since Oct 2022, will it be ok if i put amount that higher than 7k in current market? Do you guys have any suggestions? Im currently looking for a new job role as java backend developer in Bank/investment banks and IT consulting firms.
go for 8-9k

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2548sec    0.46    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:21 PM