Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Working in Singapore V20, All About Living in The Little Red Dot

views

jsontextbox
post May 16 2022, 12:19 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

Hey all, I will be moving to Singapore for work soon. I am thinking of driving into Singapore once with all my big furnitures to make the move easier, planning to transport my chair, computer, some used kitchenwares, books in my car.

Question is do I need to fill up any forms? I found this online, wondering if this is sufficient...

https://www.customs.gov.sg/businesses/impor...ersonal-effects

What are the chances of me getting taxed for the items I am bringing in?
jsontextbox
post May 19 2022, 11:00 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(Mackiddo @ May 19 2022, 10:48 PM)
i don’t think you (resident of Sg) are even allow to drive or use Malaysia registered vehicle in Sg.
I’m not a resident of Singapore yet though, unless IPA holder counts as one?
jsontextbox
post May 20 2022, 08:10 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(knwong @ May 19 2022, 11:12 PM)
Just drive. Just don't raise suspicion by boxing your item in their original boxes as in you are trying to bring those stuff to sell in Singapore. There are thousands of cars going through Checkpoints every day. Some SG plate cars are packed with groceries like cooking oil, milo, etc...
Yeah I’m planning to just load them into my car, just a few major items. I’ll try to fill up the relief form I found, see what happens.

QUOTE(Mackiddo @ May 20 2022, 07:32 AM)
not sure but the moment you put your sg address in your application, it’s already consider as resident of Sg?
Haha in my EP application there was no address stated, my job was applied with my Malaysian address too.

Considering my EP is not yet activated, I don’t think I’m counted as one. On my arrival to SG, I still have to enter as a short term visitor.
jsontextbox
post May 20 2022, 11:49 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(Roboguru @ May 20 2022, 03:22 PM)
i suggest you wait until you settle all formalities first before driving your things into SG.

You will raise suspicion if you do it during your IPA & may run yourself into some trouble.

don't rush things. Actually alot of the things you mentioned can be bought again in SG. Why not take the time to sell it off in Msia first or just let it go?

these sort of things aren't worth the hassle, you drive in, then laterr you need to return the vehicle back to Msia. Why go through all that trouble just for a chair and furniture that can be bought again in SG?
Maybe I will try to ask LTA if I can drive in.

The most important thing to bring in is actually my computer hardware, with monitors and what not.

So I think at the same time I can bring everything in.

I am planning to not enter with my IPA yet, just drive in as a normal short term visitor, after I drop my things off then I will go back to Malaysia the next day.

What other trouble do you think I might run into? Would it help if I ask someone else to send me in?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0300sec    0.65    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 4th July 2022 - 07:54 PM