Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Changes from barre to open chords

views

TSdarklord95
post Feb 23 2017, 08:22 PM, updated 8y ago

Getting Started
65 posts

I've been practicing doing this changes, from Am chord to F barre chord, I can play the F barre chord alright, got them 6 strings ring out clearly, but the thing is it's so hard for me to even hit 25 changes under 60bpm in one minute. I tried slowing down, and watch how my fingers move, when I switched from Am to F barre chord, I've found out that it was easier to put the shape down first rather than the barre, but still when I experimented using both ways, it is still the same. I can only hit around 20 or 21 in one minute.

I don't know is it because of my bad habits, or I'm not patient enough.
Ramin
post Feb 23 2017, 09:01 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

QUOTE(darklord95 @ Feb 23 2017, 08:22 PM)
I've been practicing doing this changes, from Am chord to F barre chord, I can play the F barre chord alright, got them 6 strings ring out clearly, but the thing is it's so hard for me to even hit 25 changes under 60bpm in one minute. I tried slowing down, and watch how my fingers move, when I switched from Am to F barre chord, I've found out that it was easier to put the shape down first rather than the barre, but still when I experimented using both ways, it is still the same. I can only hit around 20 or 21 in one minute.
It could possibly be the position of your thumb at the back of the guitar's neck which you might be "anchoring" incorrectly, and this could be slowing down your ability to move your fingers around the fretboard. Or perhaps the action of your guitar (the nut or saddle height) needs to be adjusted lower. There are many variables, so without looking at what you're doing, it's not easy to accurately ascertain what needs to be corrected. Perhaps you ought to enroll for guitar lessons or ask an experienced guitarist friend to help you out.
LeaSe*lineR
post Feb 24 2017, 01:55 AM

On my way
622 posts

Cover with few strums while changing chords? or there are other alternatives for Am almost similar to barre chord to make it easier switching smile.gif
lockheed90
post Feb 24 2017, 08:45 PM

Getting Started
271 posts

QUOTE(darklord95 @ Feb 23 2017, 08:22 PM)
For open chord playing I just strum the 1st string to the 4th string only..its easier and not too bassy since youre not hitting the 6th string

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0116sec    0.49    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:54 PM