Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicClosed TopicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> SETIA ECOHILL (VERSION 18) [OWNER'S HUAT THREAD], Township with First Mall in Semenyih

vampireangel1984
post Apr 20 2018, 10:10 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(dragonnite999999 @ Apr 20 2018, 10:09 AM)
Actually I myself prefer using credit card to pay for anything, by using card i reduce the frequency to go to bank to withdraw cash and can settle the outstanding via internet. But i'm still disappointed with current scenario of the payment system, many place still cannot accept card payment and only cash payment even in the mall itself. And there is some place may have min amount of purchase to use card or else there will be 2% - 3% charges which i'm reluctant to pay for the extra charges. I hope this scenario can change to effective cashless payment/system as soon as possible. However i see a lot of people still prefer to use cash and cancel all their card because card can make them overspend. haha  icon_rolleyes.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif
well, the mobile wallets are coming in strong. just they need to convert the mama papa shop quickly.

Oh ya, i been using this boost app. Cash back of 50% or max rm10 at nandos and dubuyo. heard they are going for other chains.

You might want to look into it. last time i downloaded they free me rm8
dragonnite999999
post Apr 20 2018, 10:13 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(vampireangel1984 @ Apr 20 2018, 10:08 AM)
we dont need that many banks.
Banks are shutting down some of their branches and consolidating.
the key word here is consolidate.

What he is referring to is NOT to have no brances at all.
Can see the difference?

As for new townships, if u r referring to setia ecohill, look at the surrounding area lo..if i remember correctly the main road leading into the development got banks. So why would they open in setia ecohill? unless your population justifies it which at this moment no.
but i stand corrected.
HAHA, MAY BE WAIT UNTIL ALL THE HIGH RISE BUILDING TO BE OCCUPIED AND THE ECOHILL WALK TO BE OCCUPIED ALSO. THAT TIME POPULATION SURE A LOT. AND BANK CAN RELOCATE THEIR BRANCH TO ECOHILL TAIPAN OR ECOHILL WALK? IS IT POSSIBLE? AM I RIGHT?
vampireangel1984
post Apr 20 2018, 10:19 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(dragonnite999999 @ Apr 20 2018, 10:13 AM)
HAHA, MAY BE WAIT UNTIL ALL THE HIGH RISE BUILDING TO BE OCCUPIED AND THE ECOHILL WALK TO BE OCCUPIED ALSO. THAT TIME POPULATION SURE A LOT. AND BANK CAN RELOCATE THEIR BRANCH TO ECOHILL TAIPAN OR ECOHILL WALK? IS IT POSSIBLE? AM I RIGHT?
possible for new banks.
wont be possible for those already in that area.
assume cimb already there, they wont cut short their tenancy and relocate just like that. you have to take into account their reno cost etc.

take for example bandar puchong jaya ( IOI boulevard area). ada cimb, ada maybank.
Will they open a branch in kinrara area? bukit jalil area? until bukit serdang area?
The next cimb/maybank branch is actually border south city/balakong
do you think setia ecohill, eco majestic residents more than kinrara, bukit jalil and bukit serdang?

they will open atm/cdm machines in the petrol stations however

propertyowner
post Apr 20 2018, 10:24 AM

Casual

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Apr 20 2018, 09:09 AM)
Yez eventually.....when? Nobody can tell.....next 5 yrs? Next 10yrs?

In the meantime will banks willing to loose customers?
Already happening now. Definitely not 30 years.
dragonnite999999
post Apr 20 2018, 11:08 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(vampireangel1984 @ Apr 20 2018, 10:19 AM)
possible for new banks.
wont be possible for those already in that area.
assume cimb already there, they wont cut short their tenancy and relocate just like that. you have to take into account their reno cost etc.

take for example bandar puchong jaya ( IOI boulevard area). ada cimb, ada maybank.
Will they open a branch in kinrara area? bukit jalil area? until bukit serdang area?
The next cimb/maybank branch is actually border south city/balakong
do you think setia ecohill, eco majestic residents more than kinrara, bukit jalil and bukit serdang?

they will open atm/cdm machines in the petrol stations however
GREAT OPINION. APPRECIATE THAT. rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

BUT I'M SURPRISED BUKIT JALIL DONT HAVE MAYBANK AND CIMB BANK hmm.gif hmm.gif hmm.gif
vampireangel1984
post Apr 20 2018, 11:34 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(dragonnite999999 @ Apr 20 2018, 11:08 AM)
GREAT OPINION. APPRECIATE THAT.  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif

BUT I'M SURPRISED BUKIT JALIL DONT HAVE MAYBANK AND CIMB BANK  hmm.gif  hmm.gif  hmm.gif
let me scratch my head a bit....i remember a hong leong....no cimb as far as i remember

jeansandcorduroy
post Apr 20 2018, 06:23 PM

Getting Started

Since the topic has gone into e-wallets, online banking and cashless systems, I'll explain how a near cashless system can function. It's not that hard.

Commute to work - public transport uses cards. Top ups still tend to be cash in Malaysia but in Singapore the top up machines using cash are being phased out.

Or you use Grab, which allows you to link your debit card. Or you drive, and pump petrol with a card.

Work - no spending.
Lunch - delivery or office cafeteria / pantry. Reason: saves time.

Entertainment after work:
Catch a performance - use Peatix
Eat at a mall - use Favepay or equivalent
Watch a movie - long time ago already people buy tickets online

Weekends:
Netflix
Order in with Foodpanda
Do household chores - no spending

Need to buy groceries and toiletries:
Fresh groceries - can buy online
Toiletries - cheaper online, always stocked
Cosmetics - most brands online

Side income & investment
PayPal
E-banking

At the end of the day you can see exactly what you have spent on because it all gets automatically recorded.

Yes I'm using my experience in Singapore but all the facilities are available in Malaysia. Once Singapore or any other Southeast Asian country adopts cashless effectively Malaysia has to catch up to compete. Its about proving that the country has the infrastructure for a high income economy.

Bump TopicClosed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0577sec    1.14    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th July 2018 - 06:19 AM