모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

QUOTE(lscplzlh @ Jun 4 2019, 07:18 PM)
Can pm my page, just search craftsboydiy
are u malaysian? i never know i subs to you for quite long time laugh.gif
lscplzlh
post Jun 5 2019, 10:58 AM

45 posts

QUOTE(pandera999 @ Jun 4 2019, 08:18 PM)
are u malaysian? i never know i subs to you for quite long time  laugh.gif
Yup, malaysia page for hamster lover.
10Minutes P
post Jul 2 2019, 03:12 PM

Probation
0 posts

Hi everyone! I'm new to this, so I'm hoping for some tips:

1. Pet Supplies

Where do you go for affordable pet supplies?

2. Bedding

a) I read some people use Delikate brand here, but I can't find anything on what type of wood is it. Anybody knows/ any source?

b) This is made from Poplar wood, is it safe? Any comments on this brand?

https://pictr.com/images/2019/07/02/5EmcYO.jpg

c) Any other affordable safe bedding brands for recommendation?

3. Food

Any recommended affordable brands? Currently using this:

https://pictr.com/images/2019/07/02/5EmshU.jpg

4. Bathing Sands/ Chew Treats/ Toys

Please share brand recommendations/ purchase locations.

Thanks!

notworthy.gif

10Minutes P
post Jul 2 2019, 03:42 PM

Probation
0 posts

To add, I'm from KL/ Selangor area. No idea where I should get good bathing sand/ chew toys for their teeth (trusted brand not made by dubious manufacturers?).
TSpandera999
post Jul 2 2019, 03:49 PM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

QUOTE(10Minutes @ Jul 2 2019, 03:12 PM)
1. Pet Supplies
2. Bedding
a) I read some people use Delikate brand here, but I can't find anything on what type of wood is it. Anybody knows/ any source?
<a href='https://pictr.com/images/2019/07/02/5EmcYO.jpg' target='_blank'>https://pictr.com/images/2019/07/02/5EmcYO.jpg </a>
3. Food
<a href='https://pictr.com/images/2019/07/02/5EmshU.jpg' target='_blank'>https://pictr.com/images/2019/07/02/5EmshU.jpg </a>
Thanks!
notworthy.gif
For me, bedding using the paper bedding, my syrian hamster also chew them.. later arrive home i take some pic..
10Minutes P
post Jul 2 2019, 09:59 PM

Probation
0 posts

Help

Update: One of my new roborovskis just died. She was a little inactive in the past day and I had been worried about her, but she did have random energetic moments so I thought she was just adapting to her new home.

The remaining roborovski was active up till now, but after burrying the first, I came back to find her looking a little bit inactive too. I'm not sure if it is paranoia.

I'm not sure if I should risk changing the whole bedding too because I have only had them for a couple of days. I spot cleaned the area where the first one lay.

I don't know how this could have happened, the one that died didn't have wet tail or signs of injuries.

This is really quite depressing... I have had several hamsters as a kid and none of them died like this. I was just a kid and did many amateur mistakes but they all lived to a ripe old age.

I thought I would start keeping them again and study more on them now that I am "older and wiser". I feel I did much better than as a kid who didn't do any research, but somehow this one just died on me. Sorry for the ramble. I'm just so sad over the sudden death of the first and I'm really worried about the remaining one now.

I don't know what I am doing wrong and I really really hope the second one pulls through because it would be depressing if she died too. Do I change the whole bedding and risk stressing out the second one?
AaronFPS
post Jul 3 2019, 10:58 AM

1,657 posts

QUOTE(10Minutes @ Jul 2 2019, 09:59 PM)
Help

Update: One of my new roborovskis just died. She was a little inactive in the past day and I had been worried about her, but she did have random energetic moments so I thought she was just adapting to her new home.

The remaining roborovski was active up till now, but after burrying the first, I came back to find her looking a little bit inactive too. I'm not sure if it is paranoia.

I'm not sure if I should risk changing the whole bedding too because I have only had them for a couple of days. I spot cleaned the area where the first one lay.

I don't know how this could have happened, the one that died didn't have wet tail or signs of injuries.

This is really quite depressing... I have had several hamsters as a kid and none of them died like this. I was just a kid and did many amateur mistakes but they all lived to a ripe old age.

I thought I would start keeping them again and study more on them now that I am "older and wiser". I feel I did much better than as a kid who didn't do any research, but somehow this one just died on me. Sorry for the ramble. I'm just so sad over the sudden death of the first and I'm really worried about the remaining one now.

I don't know what I am doing wrong and I really really hope the second one pulls through because it would be depressing if she died too. Do I change the whole bedding and risk stressing out the second one?
They were living in the same cage? Clean the cage and some tissue as bedding temporary

This post has been edited by AaronFPS: Jul 3 2019, 10:59 AM
10Minutes P
post Jul 3 2019, 11:52 AM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(AaronFPS @ Jul 3 2019, 10:58 AM)
They were living in the same cage? Clean the cage and some tissue as bedding temporary
Yes, a pair of sisters in the same cage. I've just brought both of them home 3 days ago, so I'm worried about cleaning up the cage so soon and causing the second one to be stressed out at too many changes. cry.gif

I think she was mourning for her sister, she looked a little inactive yesterday but become a little hyper like her usual self this morning. Eating, grooming, wheeling, running up and down to her little house, etc. Hope she's fine.

1. So should I still change out the bedding and risk stressing her out?

2. I read that although most hamster breeds are solitary, the Roborovskis thrive in same gender pairs. Should I wait for a while to confirm she's healthy and get her another companion again? If yes, I'm wondering if I should go back to the same shop to get a sister for her that she already grew up with... but at the same time I am worried the first one died because there was some virus/ inbred genetic problems from the original shop.

Or should I just keep her alone? I'm not sure what would make her happier.

I work full time but I definitely have time to interact with her for company when I get home, and on weekends/ holidays. She sleeps in the same room as me.

Please help, I really hope the remaining one leads a long, happy, and comfortable life with me. notworthy.gif
TSpandera999
post Jul 5 2019, 09:01 AM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

QUOTE(10Minutes @ Jul 3 2019, 11:52 AM)
Yes, a pair of sisters in the same cage. I've just brought both of them home 3 days ago, so I'm worried about cleaning up the cage so soon and causing the second one to be stressed out at too many changes.  cry.gif

I think she was mourning for her sister, she looked a little inactive yesterday but become a little hyper like her usual self this morning. Eating, grooming, wheeling, running up and down to her little house, etc. Hope she's fine.

1. So should I still change out the bedding and risk stressing her out?

2. I read that although most hamster breeds are solitary, the Roborovskis thrive in same gender pairs. Should I wait for a while to confirm she's healthy and get her another companion again? If yes, I'm wondering if I should go back to the same shop to get a sister for her that she already grew up with... but at the same time I am worried the first one died because there was some virus/ inbred genetic problems from the original shop.

I work full time but I definitely have time to interact with her for company when I get home, and on weekends/ holidays. She sleeps in the same room as me.

Please help, I really hope the remaining one leads a long, happy, and comfortable life with me. notworthy.gif
even syrian (male-female) one of them died, another 1 died after a week. they always play together but not staying in a same cage, still they female mourn the male after the male died...
TSpandera999
post Jul 14 2019, 01:12 PM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

QUOTE(10Minutes @ Jul 2 2019, 03:12 PM)
1. Pet Supplies
2. Bedding
<a href='https://pictr.com/images/2019/07/02/5EmcYO.jpg' target='_blank'>https://pictr.com/images/2019/07/02/5EmcYO.jpg </a>
3. Food
<a href='https://pictr.com/images/2019/07/02/5EmshU.jpg' target='_blank'>https://pictr.com/images/2019/07/02/5EmshU.jpg </a>
Thanks!
notworthy.gif
im using bedding and food as in the photo below
Food
user posted image

Bedding
user posted image
AaronFPS
post Jul 14 2019, 02:14 PM

1,657 posts

QUOTE(10Minutes @ Jul 3 2019, 11:52 AM)

I'm not sure about this, i had to separate my males robos cuz they started fighting after a couple of weeks.

TSpandera999
post Jul 23 2019, 12:55 AM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

i think my hamster develop a cataract... have white spot on his eye... 😥 first time see it... not sure cz of dirty bedding... but feel sad see his eye... any vet around kl?
gkl83
post Aug 1 2019, 11:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,377 posts

anyone know where to get the metal bearing for hamster wheel within Malaysia?
seem this seller no longer available at shopee.
https://shopee.com.my/Carno-Wheel-Plastic-B...41067.293965135
TSpandera999
post Aug 2 2019, 01:33 AM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

QUOTE(gkl83 @ Aug 1 2019, 11:11 AM)
anyone know where to get the metal bearing for hamster wheel within Malaysia?
seem this seller no longer available at shopee.
https://shopee.com.my/Carno-Wheel-Plastic-B...41067.293965135
idk if this helps...
Lazada1

Lazada2
Imdarren
post Sep 11 2019, 02:07 PM

Casual
370 posts

Guys, anyone know a safe play to buy hamsters? A little reluctant to buy from petshops like petsmore
AaronFPS
post Sep 11 2019, 07:05 PM

1,657 posts

QUOTE(Imdarren @ Sep 11 2019, 02:07 PM)
Guys, anyone know a safe play to buy hamsters? A little reluctant to buy from petshops like petsmore
try here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hamstermalaysia/
RazerSTFU
post Dec 24 2019, 12:35 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

Hey guys,recently bought a new hamster and not so familiar with it.1st i would like to ask any mix food not attractive red ants crawling in the cage? 2. how many times each day feeding? 3. how often clean up bedding and bath tub? Lastly , Does anyone can create a group on device for sharing or questioning to junior or senior to increases their experience.
BuKeYi
post Feb 19 2020, 09:14 AM

Dame Dame
722 posts

QUOTE(RazerSTFU @ Dec 24 2019, 12:35 PM)
Hey guys,recently bought a new hamster and not so familiar with it.1st i would like to ask any mix food not attractive red ants crawling in the cage? 2. how many times each day feeding? 3. how often clean up bedding and bath tub? Lastly , Does anyone can create a group on device for sharing or questioning to junior or senior to increases their experience.
1. What kind of mix food are you giving to them?

2. Depends the portion you give to them, every hamster is varies. But just once on daily basis will do, and try to observe if given the portion can it finish it. Or it will store in different places.

3. Depends on how hardworking u r, average would be once a week for bedding. Bath tub maybe 2-3days need to change if u find it smelly.
TSpandera999
post May 20 2020, 12:09 AM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

Azsaz1lnxx
post Dec 5 2020, 02:23 PM

16 posts

Hi I would like to ask if anywhere in Malaysia can get Higgins Sunburst Hamster Food. I cant find it online and retail shop. Anyone manage to bought it in Malaysia?

29 Pages « < 26 27 28 29 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0228sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:17 PM