Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Ultimate Discussion of ASNB (47457-V)发 8ight 发, Wholly owned subsidary of PNB (38218-X)

views

plumberly
post Feb 3 2017, 12:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

My son is back for the CNY. Took him to Affin this morning. The guy there was really helpful though he has many other customer's applications to process. Mine is at a higher priority as my son will be leaving for KL tomorrow. Ha.

Hope to get a call from him this afternoon to go back to sign, meaning the account opening is OK! Ha.

plumberly
post Feb 3 2017, 01:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Feb 3 2017, 01:09 PM)
Which ASx fund?!
Anyhow good luck..
Just came back from the bank.

Got AS1M ac for my son.

It really depends on how willing/helpful is the staff that determines whether you can open an account or not.

Thanks to the staff.

plumberly
post Feb 3 2017, 08:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

QUOTE(Jinglexo @ Feb 3 2017, 07:43 PM)
How many units u got? I managed 800 units only. So sad
Only 100. Make life easier for all with 100 just to open the account first.
plumberly
post Feb 3 2017, 09:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

QUOTE(Jinglexo @ Feb 3 2017, 09:05 PM)
Actually some people say don't buy too much coz gov no money repay back. What is your take on this? I'm quite new to this.
That is the million dollar question.

I was trying to find out what happened to Greece's EPF equivalent, did the account holders manage to get their capital? No answer yet. That will give me some idea of this govt monetary game they play. Trustee or not, that will not keep ASX 100% fail safe.

My take is, if the govt is really in that situation, then many other financial institutions will be in similar situation, most will be in even worst situation as the govt can do this and that with their magic hands to stay afloat.

Don't just put money in there (or any other places blindly). For ASX, keep yourself up to date on what is happening with ASX. Eg are they going to change from FP to VP? Sign of trouble ahead. I will get out within 1-2 days if the news is confirmed.

Keep your eyes and ears open for other secure investments with good returns. Do lots of study. Then park some $$$ there.

I know a friend who has invested some $ with 20% return every month! AND HE HAS BEEN DOING THAT FOR OVER A YEAR NOW! Too good to be true and I prefer to stay away from that.

All the best.

plumberly
post Feb 4 2017, 10:38 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

QUOTE(sandkoh @ Feb 4 2017, 10:20 AM)
thumbsup.gif

some said asx is risk free. doh.gif

some said certain ut good returns. wait till bad times. a matter of risk return relationship. how smart you take advantage when return is good, before it becomes BAD.
I bought some UTs in the 1990's as I was a novice in investment (and still am). Share then was too difficult/risky for me beside IPO. Made some easy money with IPO then, Even my mother and little sister have made some money in IPO then.

Now I will stay away from UT with a 999 km pole as most of them are there to make money for the companies. Yes, there are some UTs which have produced good/fantastic returns. What I hate most on UT is the yearly charge REGARDLESS of whether their UT is making money or not!

Lots of books I read also raise issues like this and recommend to stay clear from UT. I have to admit, I still have PM UT for my PRS. Got that mainly for the tax benefits.

Learnt of a new vehicle ETF which is a bit like to UT but without most of the charges. There is a forum here on ETF. Surveys show that most UT performed lower than index funds. Why pay these UT managers while their share selections are not really that good? ETF centers on index funds with the added diversification automatically built into them.

Study on ETF and then decide.

All the best.

This post has been edited by plumberly: Feb 4 2017, 10:48 AM
plumberly
post Feb 8 2017, 09:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

QUOTE(hyelbaine @ Feb 8 2017, 09:30 AM)
My normal insider contact shared with me that all staffs received an email to update their customer info including mobile number via their intranet site. One of the features sighted for use of the updated info is electronic statements and "portal".

Heard that it'll be available for staff by the end of the month but no indication yet if it'll be officially launched to the public.

I'll share more info once received  icon_rolleyes.gif
Thanks.

I made a query to ASNB recently and they asked me to update my personal data in the account. Now I see the reason behind it.

And I got my 2017 calender, a bit late though.

How come they don't request my kids to update? Maybe newly created accounts have all the data they need? Hope so, less trouble for me to update for them. Ha.
plumberly
post Feb 24 2017, 12:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

QUOTE(Mr Gray @ Feb 24 2017, 12:13 PM)
All accounts are available for now except ASB. Transfer from banks to ASNB accounts instantly via FPX. Zero charge. I tried transferring RM100 from Maybank to my AS1M account, and it was updated instantly. Receipts are sent to email and sms. No withdrawal feature yet, perhaps would be introduced in the future.
Wah, impressive.

I tried more than 10 times via Affin online, strike no bird!

Good to have this ASNB online platform.

You made my day! Ha.
plumberly
post Mar 2 2017, 01:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

I tried to open the online ac but system does not know my mobile no. I have updated my personal data months ago via email with their KL office. Later they even sent to me the 2017 calender.

Called up the local ASNB office. A staff checked my account and stated my address is still my old Perak address! Now I wonder how I still managed to get the calender in Sarawak! Weird system.

Now I will have to go to town to ASNB office to update my data again.

That staff told me they have not announced the online platform yet and so ..... Ha.
plumberly
post Mar 2 2017, 09:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

QUOTE(harmonics3 @ Mar 2 2017, 08:45 PM)
wow, that's pretty high.  I tried rm100 a few times all failed...
I thought you can see how much is available and then you buy. No?

plumberly
post Mar 2 2017, 09:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

cancelled

This post has been edited by plumberly: Mar 2 2017, 09:01 PM
plumberly
post Mar 2 2017, 09:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

QUOTE(nxtpg @ Mar 2 2017, 09:03 PM)
No
U need to try n error
I see. Sama sama dengan CIMB, MB etc online but without the RM1 charge + GST.
plumberly
post Mar 3 2017, 02:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

Even after updating personal data including my mobile no, still cannot register at myasnb. Maybe have to wait till they formally release this platform.

Had a quick read on their web.

Said that we are liable to charges and fees incurred in the transaction. Thought it is free.

Or a cover-all clause they put in for later if they need to start charging?

plumberly
post Mar 5 2017, 09:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

Wonder which company got the job for this MyASNB platform. Ha.

MyEG?

plumberly
post Mar 7 2017, 12:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

QUOTE(dreign @ Mar 7 2017, 12:27 PM)
For those who wish to update phone number please be inform best to go direct to Agent bank or ASBN it self.

I tried to use there online formKemas kini maklumat peribadi anda.  (down load it, fill it, scan it, email it) and I get a reply asking me to ........ furious.gif  bangwall.gif  furious.gif
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. We refer to the below.

Please be informed that, in order to update other personal details (except mailing address), kindly furnish us your IC copy (scanned) front and back certified true copy by any Agents’ Officer/ASNB Officer/Chief of Village/Headman/Employer of the Human Resources Division/Professional & Management Government Officer with the official stamp, officer’s name, designation and signature.

Otherwise, you may visit any of our ASNB Offices or Agents (Maybank, CIMB, RHB, Pos Malaysia, BSN, Affin Bank) nationwide.

For more information on ASNB products and services, please visit our website at www.asnb.com.my or contact us at 03-2057 3000.

Thank you.

Amanah Saham Nasional Berhad
201-A Jalan Tun Razak
50400 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 03-2057 3000
Fax: 03-2050 5220
To add salt to injury further, after doing all that, the update is not instant for those outside KL. They will have to send the final signed copy to ASNB KL for them to update in their system!

I updated mine last week and still cannot use the TAC. Called ASNB office and the lady told me it will take 2-3 weeks for KL side to update into their system.

Well, that is modern technology operating in Msia!
plumberly
post Mar 7 2017, 02:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

QUOTE(hyelbaine @ Mar 7 2017, 02:17 PM)
Tell the staff that you want to update your particulars. There's a form that you have to fill up. Take number and wait. Reach counter tell the teller you want to update your eg: email and mobile number. Make sure they do it for you there and then and voila your info is updated.

How I know? I did the same thing when I wanted to access the portal. No email. No calls. Just go branch, fill up form, take number and do update  thumbsup.gif
I did the same. Went to the ASNB office last week. Called the office today and the lady told me it would be sent to KL and they would update there. Wait 2-3 weeks.

It is sad to live in Sarawak. 9th class citizen!
plumberly
post Mar 7 2017, 05:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

QUOTE(filage @ Mar 7 2017, 05:19 PM)
I emailed ASNB with a photograph of my IC. They rejected and said must certified copy.. Foo..
Last time I can just ask them to change address without much hassle.

I went to POS yesterday to update, they told me FDS system ID locked can't do anything.
Are you also from the 9th class citizen state? Ha.

This post has been edited by plumberly: Mar 7 2017, 05:42 PM
plumberly
post Mar 16 2017, 03:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

Frustrating for me.

Updated my data at ASNB office 2 weeks ago. Told that they would send the signed form to KL for them to update. Strange procedure. But I am living in the 9th class state, Sarawak.

Went to a bank to check whether my data has been updated. YES! My mobile no is in there!

BUT I still cannot register in the Myasnb! Said that I need to update my personal data first! What the hexx!
plumberly
post Mar 17 2017, 11:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Mar 17 2017, 11:03 AM)
Cannot update in Maybank or Cimb huh??
They can do in real time wor
Immediately updated on system...
My data has been updated as the Affin staff can see my mobile no.

But still cannot register on Myasnb. Will drop in at ASNB office to rectify. Maybe something was not updated properly 2 weeks ago.
plumberly
post Mar 17 2017, 01:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Mar 17 2017, 11:20 AM)
Maybe like others said..
Fill up your HP number in wrong section like home number...
Or there's some bug in MyASNB since its still in Beta..
Called up the help line.

Yes, you are RIGHT! The ASNB office here entered the mobile and home no the wrong way round!

Now I have to go and re do the update again!

You should go and buy some lottery today!
plumberly
post Mar 31 2017, 02:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

I updated my personal data at ASNB office here more than a month ago.

Could not register in Myasnb.

Checked with Affin bank, my mobile and home nos were entered the wrong way round.

Submitted a new data update at Affin bank 2 weeks ago.

Still could not register.

Went to ASNB office this afternoon. Guess what?

Now my mobile no has been entered as my office no! Why so many slippery fingers when they entered my data!

Now managed to register in Myasnb.

Not as good as I expected, so many clicks, no, yes etc for each attempt.

Maybe their system can accept the first no, yes declaration thing and for subsequent purchases, no need to answer all these questions?

Tried to buy RM100, no success.

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.3019sec    0.55    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:50 PM