Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Recommendation on good piano under RM3000?

views

TSkiki20
post Jan 21 2017, 08:51 PM, updated 8y ago

18 posts

Hi guys, i've just started to take an interest in playing piano and i want to buy a digital piano that is within my budget which less than RM3000. Anyone know any digital piano that is good within that price range? Right now im leaning towards KORG B1 stage piano. Anyone mind sharing the pros and cons of this piano? And any other suggestion? And thank you!
Arvinaaaaa
post Jan 21 2017, 09:02 PM

Peace :D
3,897 posts

QUOTE(kiki20 @ Jan 21 2017, 08:51 PM)
Hi guys, i've just started to take an interest in playing piano and i want to buy a digital piano that is within my budget which less than RM3000. Anyone know any digital piano that is good within that price range? Right now im leaning towards KORG B1 stage piano. Anyone mind sharing the pros and cons of this piano? And any other suggestion? And thank you!
bruh.. korg sp280 hands down

b1 stage piano is same level is yamaha p45..with ur budget u can push for bteer models compared to these two like the sp280

This post has been edited by Arvinaaaaa: Jan 21 2017, 09:02 PM
ml888
post Mar 21 2017, 11:09 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

You could try consider low budget upright pianos.
philomusic
post Mar 21 2017, 11:15 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(kiki20 @ Jan 21 2017, 08:51 PM)
Hi Kiki! I do have second hand Kawai upright piano around RM3,000. Please let me know if you are interested.

If you are looking for digital piano, i would recommend you Casio.

You may PM me if you need further clarification on digital piano and piano.

Thank you. nod.gif
yeeling78
post Jan 30 2018, 11:04 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(philomusic @ Mar 21 2017, 11:15 AM)
Hi Kiki! I do have second hand Kawai upright piano around RM3,000. Please let me know if you are interested.

If you are looking for digital piano, i would recommend you Casio.

You may PM me if you need further clarification on digital piano and piano.

Thank you.  nod.gif
hi philomusic i m interested on upright piano
plz contact me at 0126178236.thks
mark5lavier
post May 1 2018, 05:33 PM

1 posts

I have the Yamaha P-115 and I'm very happy with it. In this price range also check out the Kawai ES110 and the Roland FP-30, people are saying really good stuff about them. I haven't been able to try them myself, but now I'm thinking about doing that, you know just curious if they're really that good, and maybe even better than my Yamaha? smile.gif

As for Korg B1, I think there are better options available out there, like the ones I mentioned. I'm not an expert but the salesperson I spoke with told me that Korgs are good for stage, they produce great workstations, but for home.. look for something else.

https://www.pianodreamers.com/best-digital-pianos-under-800/

This also seem to be a nice top list of digital pianos within your price range, may be worth to check it out. Good luck with your search!
brownman90561495
post May 2 2018, 05:42 PM

Sangkar Nikolai will touch your National Treasure!
963 posts

QUOTE(september2 @ Feb 8 2018, 06:44 PM)
https://www.lelong.com.my/kx/roland+fp+30.htm

You can consider the Roland FP30. It is slightly out of your budget, but I believe it will be worth it.

I bought it last year and I am really satisfied with it.
I bought this back in Dec 2016, and I am so happy i got this unit! It's really worth it! I was choosing between this, a Yamaha P115 and a Kawai ES100. I was sold in Roland because it has the best acoustic piano feel among the 3 (beats Yamaha by a mile, and Kawai by a bit).

Soundwise, they are all great sounding - i think this part would be subjective.

This post has been edited by brownman90561495: May 2 2018, 05:43 PM
brownman90561495
post May 2 2018, 05:48 PM

963 posts

Anyway, for TS, i have tried the Korg B1 when i was looking for my first digital piano. I'd say if possible raise your budget a bit and get a better one. There are better choices out there. Aside from the ones mentioned, you can also try checking out the Casio Privias (not sure what's the exact model name), but there should be a model placed to rival Roland FP30, Yamaha P115 and Kawai ES100/ES110 (that is the TS hasnt bought his digital piano yet, as this thread is months old already lol)
Pewufod
post May 3 2018, 12:05 PM

Regular
1,481 posts

QUOTE(brownman90561495 @ May 2 2018, 05:48 PM)
Anyway, for TS, i have tried the Korg B1 when i was looking for my first digital piano. I'd say if possible raise your budget a bit and get a better one. There are better choices out there. Aside from the ones mentioned, you can also try checking out the Casio Privias (not sure what's the exact model name), but there should be a model placed to rival Roland FP30, Yamaha P115 and Kawai ES100/ES110 (that is the TS hasnt bought his digital piano yet, as this thread is months old already lol)
whats wrong with the b1 ?

what about the p45 ?
brownman90561495
post May 3 2018, 10:05 PM

963 posts

QUOTE(Pewufod @ May 3 2018, 12:05 PM)
whats wrong with the b1 ?

what about the p45 ?
for its price, nothing is wrong with the B1 - except that it's a basic 88 weighted keys digital piano. when i saw it and once tried it, it looked basic and felt for me - it does what it needs to do and that's it (the feel of the keys is decent, but not anything special). one good thing about getting digital pianos in general is that you get not only the piano sounds, but other sounds as well - but you may miss some sounds in the B1 - like strings and bass sounds. apart from that, you can't use the B1 as a midi controller (no USB or MIDI ports).

i have no personal experience on the Yamaha P45 but i quickly checked on a few reviews, and if i would compare this head to head with the B1, while the B1 for me wins the looks department, it seems that the P45 is the better digital piano on paper. to think they are both priced similarly, P45 has the features i have mentioned which are missing in the B1 - synth sounds and USB connectivity.

so if i were to choose between the two, i would get the P45.

but of course, it's always better to test these stuff for yourself hands on first before you buy wink.gif
Pewufod
post May 3 2018, 10:11 PM

Regular
1,481 posts

QUOTE(brownman90561495 @ May 3 2018, 10:05 PM)
for its price, nothing is wrong with the B1 - except that it's a basic 88 weighted keys digital piano. when i saw it and once tried it, it looked basic and felt for me - it does what it needs to do and that's it (the feel of the keys is decent, but not anything special). one good thing about getting digital pianos in general is that you get not only the piano sounds, but other sounds as well - but you may miss some sounds in the B1 - like strings and bass sounds. apart from that, you can't use the B1 as a midi controller (no USB or MIDI ports).

i have no personal experience on the Yamaha P45 but i quickly checked on a few reviews, and if i would compare this head to head with the B1, while the B1 for me wins the looks department, it seems that the P45 is the better digital piano on paper. to think they are both priced similarly, P45 has the features i have mentioned which are missing in the B1 - synth sounds and USB connectivity.

so if i were to choose between the two, i would get the P45.

but of course, it's always better to test these stuff for yourself hands on first before you buy wink.gif
thank you for your lighthearted comment on both makes

brownman90561495
post May 3 2018, 10:15 PM

963 posts

QUOTE(Pewufod @ May 3 2018, 10:11 PM)
thank you for your lighthearted comment on both makes
you're welcome bro! smile.gif im happy to help!
weng13
post Nov 12 2018, 12:43 AM

Getting Started
101 posts

Anyone heard about mayga digital piano? Worth buying?
danielisme
post Dec 17 2018, 12:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,211 posts

Hi wanted to send my son to piano class .
For beginner izzit compulsory have piano at home ? Because I’m not sure
He interested on Piano or not or how far can he go ..
lordie
post Dec 18 2018, 02:24 PM

Enthusiast
942 posts

QUOTE(weng13 @ Nov 12 2018, 12:43 AM)
Anyone heard about mayga digital piano? Worth buying?
MAYGA MH-17 come with no LED
MAYGA MH-27 come with LED

price under 3k budget
so i think its worth it
SUSskyforcerld
post Apr 22 2019, 02:26 PM

Casual
306 posts

One of the most important thing to check is the keys weight and design...i have found the cheaper CASIO digital pianos have some not too smooth edges on the keys last time. So this is something you should look out when you try out the pianos before you buy.
hiroko_jiayi
post Nov 12 2019, 03:13 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(skyforcerld @ Apr 22 2019, 02:26 PM)
One of the most important thing to check is the keys weight and design...i have found the cheaper CASIO digital pianos have some not too smooth edges on the keys last time. So this is something you should look out when you try out the pianos before you buy.
Check out Casio CDP-150 or if you have higher budget, get PX-S series, you will never regret it
tanish145 P
post Nov 17 2020, 12:48 AM

Probation
2 posts

I have a Sony P-115 and I'm very happy with it. In this price range also check out the Kawai ES110, people are saying really good stuff about them. I haven't been able to try them myself, but now I'm thinking about doing that, you know just curious if they're really that good, and maybe even better than mineSony?

As for Korg B1, I think there are better options available out there, like the ones I mentioned. I'm not an expert but the salesperson I spoke with told me that Korgs are good for stage, they produce great workstations, but for home.. look for something else.

https://prayaglite.com/best-guitar-brands-in-india/

This also seem to be a nice top list of digital pianos within your price range, may be worth to check it out. Good luck with your search!
tanish145 P
post Feb 2 2021, 01:05 AM

Probation
2 posts

I think apart from music, sports is also a good industry. I have written some blogs. Check out those:

https://prayaglite.com/best-badminton-racket/
https://prayaglite.com/top-5-badminton-racket-brands/
https://prayaglite.com/portable-badminton-racket/
bootmod3
post Mar 3 2022, 02:15 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

Buy 2nd hand upright if you can.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0160sec    0.82    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:15 PM