Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Apple to drop MBPs prices

views

TSpiscesguy
post Jan 20 2017, 09:29 AM, updated 8y ago

私の名前はりゅうです
3,940 posts

https://9to5mac.com/2016/10/31/2017-macbook-pro-rumors/

Apple may have just announced its latest MacBook Pro refresh, but a new note from reliable Apple analyst King-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities is already offering a look at what Apple has in store for next year’s models. According to the note, Apple is planning both a price cut as well as an internal hardware refresh for its MacBook Pro lineup.

The report is overall optimistic about the 2017 MacBook lineup, noting that Apple tends to overprice at the start of a new MacBook generation before gradually lowering the price in the following year. Because of this, Kuo anticipates that Apple will announce price drops for its MacBook lineup during the second half of next year.

Are you more likely to holdout for a 2017 price drop + spec upgrade now that KGI’s latest report is out? biggrin.gif
alien3d
post Jan 20 2017, 09:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(piscesguy @ Jan 20 2017, 09:29 AM)
https://9to5mac.com/2016/10/31/2017-macbook-pro-rumors/

Apple may have just announced its latest MacBook Pro refresh, but a new note from reliable Apple analyst King-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities is already offering a look at what Apple has in store for next year’s models. According to the note, Apple is planning both a price cut as well as an internal hardware refresh for its MacBook Pro lineup.

The report is overall optimistic about the 2017 MacBook lineup, noting that Apple tends to overprice at the start of a new MacBook generation before gradually lowering the price in the following year. Because of this, Kuo anticipates that Apple will announce price drops for its MacBook lineup during the second half of next year.

Are you more likely to holdout for a 2017 price drop + spec upgrade now that KGI’s latest report is out? biggrin.gif
even so.. OUR RM devalue so much.. bangwall.gif
Mavik
post Jan 20 2017, 10:25 AM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

A definite welcome indeed! Hopefully RM recovers better and also other models have their price revised.
Shoki
post Jan 20 2017, 02:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,139 posts

That article is 3 months old. There is an updated report few days ago.

https://9to5mac.com/2017/01/16/kgi-macbook-...pdate-32gb-ram/

Not sure if they will cut pricing of the whole MBP lineup, or just 13" without touch bar as mentioned in the article.

If you are willing to wait for 14nm optimised Kaby Lake, I would rather hold on a bit longer for the die shrink 10nm Cannon Lake with more significant improvements.
kevink82
post Jan 20 2017, 02:43 PM

Regular
1,132 posts

If u didn't like the current one u certainly won't like the refresh since speed bump is so minimal and by the time the refresh launch u will be complaining canon lake is coming soon. Welcome to the world of technology.
TSpiscesguy
post Jan 20 2017, 02:56 PM

私の名前はりゅうです
3,940 posts

QUOTE(Shoki @ Jan 20 2017, 02:21 PM)
That article is 3 months old. There is an updated report few days ago.

https://9to5mac.com/2017/01/16/kgi-macbook-...pdate-32gb-ram/

Not sure if they will cut pricing of the whole MBP lineup, or just 13" without touch bar as mentioned in the article.

If you are willing to wait for 14nm optimised Kaby Lake, I would rather hold on a bit longer for the die shrink 10nm Cannon Lake with more significant improvements.
Thanks for the updated news.. smile.gif

I think the reason to cut prices on the 13" without touch bar is the sales figures is not good. laugh.gif

Anyway, apple will sure cut prices on the all Skylake version when the 2017 MBPs are out. smile.gif
TSpiscesguy
post Jan 20 2017, 03:00 PM

私の名前はりゅうです
3,940 posts

QUOTE(kevink82 @ Jan 20 2017, 02:43 PM)
If u didn't like the current one u certainly won't like the refresh since speed bump is so minimal and by the time the refresh launch u will be complaining canon lake is coming soon. Welcome to the world of technology.
Well u must have bought the 2016 MBP. laugh.gif

The next MBPs will have max 32GB RAM and much better battery life which is a huge deal in addition to the minimum speed bump thumbup.gif

kevink82
post Jan 20 2017, 03:33 PM

Regular
1,132 posts

QUOTE(piscesguy @ Jan 20 2017, 03:00 PM)
Well u must have bought the 2016 MBP.  laugh.gif

The next MBPs will have max 32GB RAM and much better battery life which is a huge deal in addition to the minimum speed bump thumbup.gif
I got 8gb ram 13 inch model, yes it might have 32gb ram in the next one but its for 15 inch and its not low power ddr4 its "desktop class" according to the rumour so it has nothing much to do with me since 13 inch is the size I wanted and no I don't use video editing. And bout 40 mins max battery increase from kaby lake for browsing might be good for the 15 inch but lets not kid ourself for a power user who got 2-3 hrs battery life under load that 40 mins is gonna shrink to bout 10-15 mins xtra battery time if they don't increase the physical battery capacity. sweat.gif
asamalikum
post Jan 20 2017, 04:06 PM

Regular
1,206 posts

QUOTE(piscesguy @ Jan 20 2017, 02:56 PM)
Thanks for the updated news.. smile.gif

I think the reason to cut prices on the 13" without touch bar is the sales figures is not good. laugh.gif

Anyway, apple will sure cut prices on the all Skylake version when the 2017 MBPs are out. smile.gif
Isn't this a typical practice for all products? It's quite obvious prices dropped to increase sales and when new product launched. Not sure what's your point.
asamalikum
post Jan 20 2017, 04:20 PM

Regular
1,206 posts

QUOTE(kevink82 @ Jan 20 2017, 02:43 PM)
Spot on. Will I still be buying the current model or wait out the next after hearing this news? I'll still buy it since I'm upgrading from mba. It's a brand new experience with Retina display, butterfly keyboard, space grey, et cetera. Im not waiting for one whole year to experience this wonderful technology just for a better processor and battery life. Lower price will be the only hesitation, but hey who will know how much savings there'll be or how much ringgit will appreciate? It's freakin volatile at the moment.
lilzany
post Jan 25 2017, 01:46 PM

Regular
1,479 posts

The drop in the currency is ok What's make it so expensive now is because the SSD is now at 256GB base spec and it is redesigned. It is normal to pay a lot for the redesign plus with all the problems along with it. If anything should wait for Kaby Lake as the next upgrade should be cheaper. Anyhow, there's no point waiting for cannonlake cause then you would ended up waiting forever.

max_cavalera
post Feb 6 2017, 01:52 PM

rebirth
5,406 posts

QUOTE(alien3d @ Jan 20 2017, 10:58 AM)
even so.. OUR RM devalue so much.. bangwall.gif
Yes....sadly maybe Malaysia wont even get any price reduction with such exchange...
alien3d
post Feb 6 2017, 03:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(max_cavalera @ Feb 6 2017, 01:52 PM)
Yes....sadly maybe Malaysia wont even get any price reduction with such exchange...
nothing we can do about it sweat.gif
khairy4pm
post Feb 6 2017, 04:20 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

Is the economy so bad? I think Apple is affected by lack of innovations.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0150sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:00 AM