12 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[wta] 4k hdr brand?

views

sivanathan04
post Jan 3 2017, 07:40 PM

Enthusiast
701 posts

QUOTE(GamersFamilia @ Jan 3 2017, 07:14 PM)
im thinking for this 2 brands , all below rm3k ( now my max budget up from rm2500 to rm3000 max ) ...

+ 43UH610T / 55UH615/ 49UH610 - LG

+ KD49X7000D - SONY

should i go for sony ?
My choice definitely Sony better brand and android...if hdr not important to you sharp ue630x is also very good with good built in android...if oled sure lg one of my choice but normal 4k tv most of them have poor black...just go and demo this model in shop first then decide just don't go based on review only...u have to feel the differences between the model u suggested...after demo if u still feel lg looks nice just go for it if u feel Sony better go for it...your eyes have to decide which model....my choice definitely sharp and than sony

This post has been edited by sivanathan04: Jan 3 2017, 07:49 PM
GamersFamilia
post Jan 3 2017, 08:23 PM

Videogames Enthusiast , An Avid Gamer and Videogames Collector
All Stars
13,071 posts

QUOTE(sivanathan04 @ Jan 3 2017, 07:40 PM)
My choice definitely Sony better brand and android...if hdr not important to you sharp ue630x is also very good with good built in android...if oled sure lg one of my choice but normal 4k tv most of them have poor black...just go and demo this model in shop first then decide just don't go based on review only...u have to feel the differences between the model u suggested...after demo if u still feel lg looks nice just go for it if u feel Sony better go for it...your eyes have to decide which model....my choice definitely sharp and than sony
i think , ill go for sony thumbup.gif
sivanathan04
post Jan 3 2017, 08:32 PM

Enthusiast
701 posts

QUOTE(silrave @ Jan 3 2017, 06:17 PM)
haha
ok sir
lelong got XD
but problem xiaomi tv no warranty > <
rm 32xx with sound system
Just try to demo the Samsung 7 series and above u will feel the quality but below that I feel not worth...with tight budget don't buy tv without warranty...just demo first at nearby shop...most of tv in showroom they use dynamic mode for the colour ask them to change the colour to standard or cinema mode after that see the differences
sivanathan04
post Jan 3 2017, 08:35 PM

Enthusiast
701 posts

QUOTE(GamersFamilia @ Jan 3 2017, 08:23 PM)
i think , ill go for sony  thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif Nice choice but demo first before buy maybe can demo at nearby senheng...don't buy without demo it...happy hunting
GamersFamilia
post Jan 3 2017, 08:36 PM

All Stars
13,071 posts

http://www.lazada.com.my/samsung-4k-uhd-sm...m-13758958.html

rm2499 , 50"
TSsilrave
post Jan 3 2017, 11:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,836 posts

QUOTE(GamersFamilia @ Jan 3 2017, 07:14 PM)
im thinking for this 2 brands , all below rm3k ( now my max budget up from rm2500 to rm3000 max ) ...

+ 43UH610T / 55UH615/ 49UH610 - LG

+ KD49X7000D - SONY

should i go for sony ?
haha for me will go sony
but i am aimming 50 - 55 inch XD

QUOTE(sivanathan04 @ Jan 3 2017, 07:40 PM)
poor black?
how to test it ?
i go see demo before cant really feel difference on 4k tv from different brand

QUOTE(GamersFamilia @ Jan 3 2017, 08:23 PM)
i think , ill go for sony  thumbup.gif
same

QUOTE(sivanathan04 @ Jan 3 2017, 08:32 PM)
Just try to demo the Samsung 7 series and above u will feel the quality but below that I feel not worth...with tight budget don't buy tv without warranty...just demo first at nearby shop...most of tv in showroom they use dynamic mode for the colour ask them to change the colour to standard or cinema mode after that see the differences
oh change to standard mode then can see the differences ..

QUOTE(sivanathan04 @ Jan 3 2017, 08:35 PM)
thumbup.gif Nice choice but demo first before buy maybe can demo at nearby senheng...don't buy without demo it...happy hunting
haha no so fast hunt
room too small wait till before cny
or around june like that then i hunt

QUOTE(GamersFamilia @ Jan 3 2017, 08:36 PM)
but sifu recommend samsung get above 7k series
sivanathan04
post Jan 3 2017, 11:42 PM

Enthusiast
701 posts

QUOTE(silrave @ Jan 3 2017, 11:14 PM)
haha for me will go sony
poor black?
how to test it ?
same
haha no so fast hunt
No sifu all lar making me scared πŸ˜‹...if 55inch u have to spend moreπŸ˜‹ u cant get good tv with less price..to test poor black bring your own movie in usb to demo in shop not just looking with their brand ad..u cant see much differences because of the dynamic mode plus brighter showroom once u bring back home u will see the differences because our house won't be bright like showroom...u cant watch movie with dynamic mode too long sure your eye will pain because extreme brightness...play your fav movie and test the colour with standard or cinema mode...poor black usually looks grey like patches..ips panel have poor black too but will have better viewing angle...good tv will have better black..oled looks great because the black is dam good..sure u will see the differences..if 50 inch the distance should be around 6 feet from the sitting area 55inch around 7 feet this distance is for 4k tv..see the picture below and u have google abit πŸ˜‹...the black should be like the second picture

This post has been edited by sivanathan04: Jan 3 2017, 11:44 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
TSsilrave
post Jan 4 2017, 12:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,836 posts

QUOTE(sivanathan04 @ Jan 3 2017, 11:42 PM)
No sifu all lar making me scared πŸ˜‹...if 55inch u have to spend moreπŸ˜‹ u cant get good tv with less price..to test poor black bring your own movie in usb to demo in shop not just looking with their brand ad..u cant see much differences because of the dynamic mode plus brighter showroom once u bring back home u will see the differences because our house won't be bright like showroom...u cant watch movie with dynamic mode too long sure your eye will pain because extreme brightness...play your fav movie and test the colour with standard or cinema mode...poor black usually looks grey like patches..ips panel have poor black too but will have better viewing angle...good tv will have better black..oled looks great because the black is dam good..sure u will see the differences..if 50 inch the distance should be around 6 feet from the sitting area 55inch around 7 feet this distance is for 4k tv..see the picture below and u have google abit πŸ˜‹...the black should be like the second picture
haha
thx sen sei
i will see how far is the distance then i decide on the inches of monitor
then i just worry they say i kacau only go there test without buying
haha
got say any minimum format for video?
so far the best video i have is 720p and 1080 only
sivanathan04
post Jan 4 2017, 12:59 AM

Enthusiast
701 posts

QUOTE(silrave @ Jan 4 2017, 12:25 AM)
haha
thx sen sei
haha
If they said u kacau them just walk out from the shop its a customer rights to test....but i suggest u be ready with money first and then test while u testing if u satisfied just go for it..u wont have this issue in big shop like senheng i have test a lot there..1080p content should be ok for test the colour and everything but if u going to test 4k u have no choice need 4k content 😜..but u will see upscaling quality all..bring movie that have alot night scenes to test black quality...
GamersFamilia
post Jan 4 2017, 01:11 PM

All Stars
13,071 posts

QUOTE(silrave @ Jan 3 2017, 11:14 PM)
haha for me will go sony
poor black?
how to test it ?
same
haha no so fast hunt
thumbsup.gif
SSJBen
post Jan 4 2017, 01:58 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

CES is tomorrow and you all still fussing about which half-assed 4k hdr TV from 2016 to buy?

Forget 2016 TVs already.
TSsilrave
post Jan 4 2017, 02:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,836 posts

QUOTE(sivanathan04 @ Jan 4 2017, 12:59 AM)
If they said u kacau them just walk out from the shop its a customer rights to test....but i suggest u be ready with money first and then test while u testing if u satisfied just go for it..u wont have this issue in big shop like senheng i have test a lot there..1080p content should be ok for test the colour and everything but if u going to test 4k u have no choice need 4k content 😜..but u will see upscaling quality all..bring movie that have alot night scenes to test black quality...
haha
ya agree
thx for the guide

QUOTE(GamersFamilia @ Jan 4 2017, 01:11 PM)
thumbsup.gif
may be you can try as the sifu guide XD

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Jan 4 2017, 01:58 PM)
CES is tomorrow and you all still fussing about which half-assed 4k hdr TV from 2016 to buy?

Forget 2016 TVs already.
boss when ces 2017 out then 2016 tv price drop ma
all new tv very expensive la
GamersFamilia
post Jan 4 2017, 05:18 PM

All Stars
13,071 posts

QUOTE(silrave @ Jan 4 2017, 02:15 PM)
may be you can try as the sifu guide XD
ya nod.gif
TSsilrave
post Jan 4 2017, 05:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,836 posts

QUOTE(GamersFamilia @ Jan 4 2017, 05:18 PM)
ya  nod.gif
wait u buy
i think i no so fast> <

ReaperX
post Jan 4 2017, 05:55 PM

U can be the moon but still be jealous of the stars.
864 posts

I was also looking around online, 11th Street, Lazada and Gemfive for a 55 incher 4k.

I finally settled for this yesterday after checking out reviews and saw the demo unit in an electronic shop. Sounds like a good deal with 3years warranty + 1st year all risk insurance.
http://www.gemfive.com/my/samsung-55-smart...-year-insurance

Hope to get it in a week's time.

EDIT:
And by the way, if you're using it for gaming, this has quite decent lag input response time.

This post has been edited by ReaperX: Jan 4 2017, 05:59 PM
TSsilrave
post Jan 4 2017, 06:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,836 posts

QUOTE(ReaperX @ Jan 4 2017, 05:55 PM)
I was also looking around online, 11th Street, Lazada and Gemfive for a 55 incher 4k.

I finally settled for this yesterday after checking out reviews and saw the demo unit in an electronic shop. Sounds like a good deal with 3years warranty + 1st year all risk insurance.
http://www.gemfive.com/my/samsung-55-smart...-year-insurance

Hope to get it in a week's time.

EDIT:
And by the way, if you're using it for gaming, this has quite decent lag input response time.
oh gaming on console?
i also saw this but they recommend samsung get 6k series above
GamersFamilia
post Jan 4 2017, 08:42 PM

All Stars
13,071 posts

QUOTE(silrave @ Jan 4 2017, 05:38 PM)
wait u buy
i think i no so fast> <
im waiting for limited edition ps4 pro then i will buy the tv , still long way to go .... now playing ps4 with full hd lcd tv 40"
bad2928
post Jan 4 2017, 09:18 PM

On my way
628 posts

QUOTE(silrave @ Jan 4 2017, 12:25 AM)
haha
thx sen sei
haha
this site have plenty of tv info

http://www.rtings.com/tv
TSsilrave
post Jan 5 2017, 12:05 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,836 posts

QUOTE(GamersFamilia @ Jan 4 2017, 08:42 PM)
im waiting for limited edition ps4 pro then i will buy the tv , still long way to go .... now playing ps4 with full hd lcd tv 40"
haha
limited edition?
the ff wan?

QUOTE(bad2928 @ Jan 4 2017, 09:18 PM)
this site have plenty of tv info

http://www.rtings.com/tv
thx bro ^^
ReaperX
post Jan 5 2017, 01:11 AM

U can be the moon but still be jealous of the stars.
864 posts

QUOTE(silrave @ Jan 4 2017, 06:26 PM)
oh gaming on console?
i also saw this but they recommend samsung get 6k series above
Gaming either with PC or console would be great on the KU6000 because it's a VA panel. IPS would be better colour accuracy wise but has higher input lag.

Interesting input from user about higher series 7k,8k.
Another bit of cleverness on the part of Samsung is careful manipulation of model number nomenclature to convince the buyer that he or she is purchasing a high end model. For example the 7 K series in Europe and USA is marketed in Australia as the 8 series but is in fact an entry level SUHD TV, albeit with a few enhancements. With a recommended retail price of around $5000 for the 65" version, that's a lot of bucks for what is essentially a mid range television - hence the appeal of the series 6 with its lower price tag and comparable ability to produce screen uniformity, blacks etc.

This guy says the 8/9 series quantum dot tech is a marketing gimmick. lol
Comparing with US equivalent set KU6300, there are no judder issues with 24p for KU6000.

Well i replaced the J8000 series with this model and it compares very favourably.IMHO the quantum dot technology of the 8/9 series has no visible improvement in colour of normal programming once calibrated.For me normal programming is a 1080i feed of the foxtel sport channels and a few shows from the streaming services.I tested this model along with the 8/9 series in at HN with colour transition slides and all models have a degree of mild banding but it would be hard to pick from a normal seated distance.The quantum dot may be of benefit in HDR material but i never bought this TV for that so for me i'll call it a marketing gimmick and not worth paying extra money.You do lose the one connect box with this model which translates to 3 hdmi 2 usb on the back of the tv v 4 hdmi 4 usb 2 back 2 one connect on the 8/9 series.The one connect box is certainly a better solution for wall mounting the tv.The operating system is the same on all models and it is glorious.Fast,intuitive and a joy to use Samsung is at the cutting edge of TV operating systems in my book. One note i will make about the US reviews for the KU6300 which would seem to be the same TV they give it a bake for outputting 24P content at 60htz and introducing undefeatable judder.I tested the TV with my demo blu ray disc "Baraka" and it was output at 24p with no judder issues so that would seem to be a difference in the Australian and US.

Source: http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?/topic/...samsung-ku6000/

12 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0235sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:55 AM