24 Pages « < 21 22 23 24 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

All-New B8 Volkswagen Passat

views

ayamxxx
post May 25 2021, 10:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(little man @ May 25 2021, 09:09 AM)
Coz VW sell too low price.
after buy, search also for some owner send for stage 1,2. Basically can push 250km easily.
little man
post May 25 2021, 10:28 AM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ May 25 2021, 10:06 AM)
after buy, search also for some owner send for stage 1,2. Basically can push 250km easily.
Under warranty bro
autodriver
post Jul 3 2021, 09:37 AM

Casual
332 posts

QUOTE(Aloha31TEC @ Nov 8 2020, 03:20 PM)
No wonder, so the 'DCC' is not that effective as per your infor...

But actually the car can be quite bouncy in city drive, so I really dislike the comfort mode lol

And, bro, thanks for infor!

BTW do you feel Passat's brake pedal is not really sentitive? or only my problem?
Japanese car suspension especially Toyota the absorber is soft and it has multiple rebounces to provide great comfort. European car absorber renounce is quite minimum, it is not stiff but rather feel solid. The new Camry actually has lesser absorber rebounces like before but the car feel more solid drive and greater in corner. My own feeling of Toyota and Honda, TNGA of Toyota did provide the feeling of Conti car but Honda not. Honda car is doing well in corner but the suspension is rigid where it feel less comfort compare to Conti car.

To me I feel the comfort mode of Passat is great, it is still stiffer compare to Camry but certainly more comfort than Accord.

My Passat's brake pedal is sensitive and easy to control. Suggest you to check the brake pad whether it is close to minimum or not.

The new Arteon with 4motion is coming, this will be even greater car compare to Passat. Cabin room is roomier, higher engine output and superb grip thru the 4motion AWD. But I still happy with my Passat except the serious wheelspin in standstill with full throttle. Lolz

StevenL
post Jul 3 2021, 10:05 PM

Enthusiast
732 posts

QUOTE(phas3r @ May 25 2021, 12:55 AM)
Facelift 2020 selling about 146k,
preFL 2019 around 136-140k for nearly new units
personally i like the extra power of preFL and analog clock and cluster, even steering design
QUOTE(little man @ May 25 2021, 10:28 AM)
Under warranty bro
Hi both

So other than the abs sensor, so far is the B8.5 doing? Any annoying things to share pls?

I'm still in market to buy either Passat or CRV 1.5TCP..
BelaCHAN
post Jul 4 2021, 08:30 AM

On my way
550 posts

QUOTE(StevenL @ Jul 3 2021, 10:05 PM)
Hi both

So other than the abs sensor, so far is the B8.5 doing? Any annoying things to share pls?

I'm still in market to buy either Passat or CRV 1.5TCP..
CRV vs Passat?

I think you're comparing between a beast vs a cow (although same price range).

If you use for daily drive (yearly 30k mileage or more), OR this will be your ONLY car, and you never had a conti before, take the jap.

If for weekend car, and its NOT YOUR ONLY CAR, hands down the Passat. King of Price vs performance, bar none.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far Passat B8s' pesky issues are:
-the wheel sensor (Just replace when happen, recurring, need to live with it, about RM200+ to replace, got 4 units =D)
-minor oil consumption (need monitor and top up every month when it starts to happen after 10k - 20k km, recurring, need to live with it),
-water pump/coolant leak (If happen, should be within 1st 3 years under warranty. Seems to be one off if it happens),
-Roof interior board fabric peeling (confirm happen in 3 years if park under the sun everyday, else just KIV),
-driver side door handle plastic crack (confirm happen in 5 years if use everyday).

If under warranty, all covered. Else the most expensive should be the roof board.

I personally haven't had ANY of the above issues yet touch wood due to low mileage and under shade, so others can comment about the price,
else i expect around 1k to repair the most expensive one.

Maintenance items, prepare high 3 figure to 4 figure for ANY wear and tear items (Tyre, battery, brake, suspension, etc),
which IMHO is on par with a PERFORMANCE ORIENTED car, and not a RELIABILITY/LONGEVITY ORIENTED car like all toyotas.

Choose wisely, grasshopper =D

This post has been edited by BelaCHAN: Jul 4 2021, 08:38 AM
ayamxxx
post Jul 4 2021, 08:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(BelaCHAN @ Jul 4 2021, 08:30 AM)
CRV vs Passat?

I think you're comparing between a beast vs a cow (although same price range).

If you use for daily drive (yearly 30k mileage or more), OR this will be your ONLY car, and you never had a conti before, take the jap.

If for weekend car, and its NOT YOUR ONLY CAR, hands down the Passat. King of Price vs performance, bar none.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far Passat B8s' pesky issues are:
-the wheel sensor (Just replace when happen, recurring, need to live with it, about RM200+ to replace, got 4 units =D)
-minor oil consumption (need monitor and top up every month when it starts to happen after 10k - 20k km, recurring, need to live with it),
-water pump/coolant leak (If happen, should be within 1st 3 years under warranty. Seems to be one off if it happens),
-Roof interior board fabric peeling (confirm happen in 3 years if park under the sun everyday, else just KIV),
-driver side door handle plastic crack (confirm happen in 5 years if use everyday).

If under warranty, all covered. Else the most expensive should be the roof board.

I personally haven't had ANY of the above issues yet touch wood due to low mileage and under shade, so others can comment about the price,
else i expect around 1k to repair the most expensive one.

Maintenance items, prepare high 3 figure to 4 figure for ANY wear and tear items (Tyre, battery, brake, suspension, etc),
which IMHO is on par with a PERFORMANCE ORIENTED car, and not a RELIABILITY/LONGEVITY ORIENTED car like all toyotas.

Choose wisely, grasshopper =D
Just to ask why the issues of engine oil top up? I thought only Audi old gen engine had this issues. By right resolve on latest engine gen from Audi/VW family engine
BelaCHAN
post Jul 4 2021, 09:07 AM

On my way
550 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Jul 4 2021, 08:45 AM)
Just to ask why the issues of engine oil top up? I thought only Audi old gen engine had this issues. By right resolve on latest engine gen from Audi/VW family engine
Um, don't consider this an issue per se. Consider this an inherent design choice/fault for the EA888 Gen3 turbo engines,
whereby at normal to moderate mileage, the engine IS EXPECTED to consume some oil for it's normal operation.

Other forummers can comment on the actual consumption if they have one that consumes a lot (mine low mileage, havent start yet),
but i expect no more than 1L / 15000km to be my threshold before trying to do an overhaul or something.

Obviously it depends on your right foot as well;
but whoever buys a Passat to cruise at 110km/h and/or goes up genting @40km/h without overtaking ever, has bought the wrong car.

There's no way around it. It doesn't require checking every week, but every month is a MUST.

If you expect it to run like the japs (oil check every 3 months to never), then contis are not for you (^-^)"
BelaCHAN
post Jul 4 2021, 09:14 AM

On my way
550 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ May 25 2021, 10:06 AM)
Oh ya, the 220HP B8, at stock also can push to 250 easily.

With stock, acceleration starts to taper off @220km/h GPS, then steadily but surely goes past 250km/h GPS =D
(Speedo is 5% slower compared to GPS actual)

Most upgrade for more torque, i.e. reach 250km/h FASTER,
but do not really go more than that =D
(Trust me, you'll run out of road or into traffic before you can go past 250 under normal conditions)
autodriver
post Jul 9 2021, 12:33 PM

Casual
332 posts

QUOTE(BelaCHAN @ Jul 4 2021, 09:07 AM)
Um, don't consider this an issue per se. Consider this an inherent design choice/fault for the EA888 Gen3 turbo engines,
whereby at normal to moderate mileage, the engine IS EXPECTED to consume some oil for it's normal operation.

Other forummers can comment on the actual consumption if they have one that consumes a lot (mine low mileage, havent start yet),
but i expect no more than 1L / 15000km to be my threshold before trying to do an overhaul or something.

Obviously it depends on your right foot as well;
but whoever buys a Passat to cruise at 110km/h and/or goes up genting @40km/h without overtaking ever, has bought the wrong car.

There's no way around it. It doesn't require checking every week, but every month is a MUST.

If you expect it to run like the japs (oil check every 3 months to never), then contis are not for you (^-^)"
As far as I know the EA888 3rd gen has improved the piston ring and also with port injection to reduce the carbon deposit caused by direct injection. The former EA888 2nd gen got 2 major issues, serious carbon deposit on intake valve and piston ring problem cause the lubricant lost. Btw I never wait till 15k km to do the engine lubricant change. I always perform lubricant change without change of oil filter in 7500km. The engine definitely cleaner and run smoother. Since we afford RM 200k vehicle it is little money to invest on early engine oil change. Haha.

Btw it is sad case where the EA888 Evo4 newer engine (should be used in Golf GTI MK8) comes without port injection and instead they put in particle filter. This method is save cost but the carbon deposit is believe will be serious compare to EA888 3rd Gen. The Evo 4 direction injection pressure is increase from 200psi to 350psi, hope this will help to reduce carbon deposit.
ayamxxx
post Jul 9 2021, 02:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(autodriver @ Jul 9 2021, 12:33 PM)
As far as I know the EA888 3rd gen has improved the piston ring and also with port injection to reduce the carbon deposit caused by direct injection. The former EA888 2nd gen got 2 major issues, serious carbon deposit on intake valve and piston ring problem cause the lubricant lost. Btw I never wait till 15k km to do the engine lubricant change. I always perform lubricant change without change of oil filter in 7500km. The engine definitely cleaner and run smoother. Since we afford RM 200k vehicle it is little money to invest on early engine oil change. Haha.

Btw it is sad case where the EA888 Evo4 newer engine (should be used in Golf GTI MK8) comes without port injection and instead they put in particle filter. This method is save cost but the carbon deposit is believe will be serious compare to EA888 3rd Gen. The Evo 4 direction injection pressure is increase from 200psi to 350psi, hope this will help to reduce carbon deposit.
the best to prevent the carbon deposit is being a port injection. or having dual-port + direct injection. that the only way now. all the aftermarket parts, oil catch tank just minimize the issues as it needs fuel + additive to shoot on the back of the valve. having combo is good. else send the car to walnut cleaning every 50k km
autodriver
post Jul 11 2021, 11:24 AM

Casual
332 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Jul 9 2021, 02:11 PM)
the best to prevent the carbon deposit is being a port injection. or having dual-port + direct injection. that the only way now. all the aftermarket parts, oil catch tank just minimize the issues as it needs fuel + additive to shoot on the back of the valve. having combo is good. else send the car to walnut cleaning every 50k km
Agreed. Port injection is the best way to avoid carbon deposit. But nowadays VW do offer walnut blasting, remove of port injection component save more cost and also giving SC more business.
LawrenceKai
post Oct 6 2021, 11:42 AM

9 posts

Hi all, interested to look for a B8 380TSI 2018 - 19 car in good condition. Anyone interested to let go may Whatsapp me at 017-2302888. Btw, is there any issues with that model? Thank you!
ayamxxx
post Oct 6 2021, 11:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(LawrenceKai @ Oct 6 2021, 11:42 AM)
Hi all, interested to look for a B8 380TSI 2018 - 19 car in good condition. Anyone interested to let go may Whatsapp me at 017-2302888. Btw, is there any issues with that model? Thank you!
From my view, only RV issues, it drop quite a lot for 1-3 years old car. Can follow B8 Passat FB group, got many owners sell theirs there.
Weng Weng
post Oct 20 2021, 03:32 PM

13 posts

Hi all, i just gotten my passat b8.5 2 weeks ago. Is a pre-owned car though, nice to meet you all. smile.gif
BelaCHAN
post Oct 20 2021, 03:33 PM

On my way
550 posts

Noice!
ayamxxx
post Oct 20 2021, 10:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(Weng Weng @ Oct 20 2021, 03:32 PM)
Hi all, i just gotten my passat b8.5 2 weeks ago. Is a pre-owned car though, nice to meet you all. smile.gif
How much u get for the odr price
Weng Weng
post Oct 21 2021, 10:24 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Oct 20 2021, 10:58 PM)
How much u get for the odr price
It is 145k (including the inspection/handling fees), insurance almost RM 3k (with ncd 55%) and retention RM 2k (new number plate) so around 150k.
The SA said it is a demo car (9k km milerage), but they manage make it new car interest rate for me, 5 years warranty and free 3 times service.
leaF
post Feb 6 2023, 01:36 AM

On my way
511 posts

Any passat b8 owner here? How is ur car doing so far?
phas3r
post Mar 25 2023, 02:26 AM

Regular
1,204 posts

QUOTE(leaF @ Feb 6 2023, 01:36 AM)
Any passat b8 owner here? How is ur car doing so far?
Im using b8 HL past 1.5yrs it is great and reliable. I think it can do 150k-200k km mileage easily.(they did testing in malaysia covering 200k before release here and no problems on the car, of course following service etc) Common problems water pump/coolant and some commented on oil leak so monitor these once in awhile, you can claim easily if under warranty (at least the coolant related)

QUOTE(phas3r @ May 25 2021, 12:55 AM)
Facelift 2020 selling about 146k,

preFL 2019 around 136-140k for nearly new units

personally i like the extra power of preFL and analog clock and cluster, even steering design
After 2yrs some 2019 HL are still fetching 135-140k, must be a lot preferring HL to elegance

This post has been edited by phas3r: Mar 25 2023, 02:29 AM
ayamxxx
post Mar 25 2023, 01:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(phas3r @ Mar 25 2023, 02:26 AM)
Im using b8 HL past 1.5yrs it is great and reliable. I think it can do 150k-200k km mileage easily.(they did testing in malaysia covering 200k before release here and no problems on the car, of course following service etc) Common problems water pump/coolant and some commented on oil leak so monitor these once in awhile, you can claim easily if under warranty (at least the coolant related)
After 2yrs some 2019 HL are still fetching 135-140k, must be a lot preferring HL to elegance
U ok with major service cost quoted by VW?

24 Pages « < 21 22 23 24 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0285sec    0.39    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:41 AM