Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

University Guide to Studying in Japan! (Undergraduate), Degree in Japan (English/日本語)

views

Hongdog P
post Jul 19 2020, 01:04 PM

Probation
1 posts

I know this is late but just wanna ask any college recommendation in Japan for students with meh results?
1_2_# P
post Oct 27 2020, 08:44 PM

Probation
3 posts

QUOTE(Intelauto @ Nov 6 2016, 07:47 AM)
英語

When I finished my SPM, I knew that I wanted to study in Japan but the information that was given to me by various people were confusing, and when I started to live and experience life here, some of them were wrong. So, i've decided to open this thread up so that it'll help future prospective students from Malaysia if they want to pursue that undergraduate studies in Japan!

If you just finished SPM, you can go on 2 paths if you want to study in Japan.
1) Continue you STPM
2) Come to Japan immediately and study Japanese in a Japanese Language School

The reason is because we Malaysians only have 11 years of education after we finish off our SPM, so by completing STPM or any other equivalent that bumps you up to 12 years of education. But I did #2, which is attending a Japanese Language School. If you want to do this option, I suggest you find a Language School in Japan that is certified by MEXT (文部科学省)/ (Monbukagakushou) so that after you graduate, you'll be eligible to enter a University for their undergraduate program. Of course, you can also attend the Japanese Language School we have in Malaysia called Bahasa Institut Teikyo as well.

In principle, you must have completed 12 years of education to apply for admission to a university (undergraduate), junior college, or professional training college in Japan.
※Students who have completed 11 years of education to apply for admission to a college of technology, and 16 years of education for admission to a graduate school (master's program). For further details, please refer to “Admission Requirements for Japanese Higher Education Institutions.” “Admission Requirements for Japanese Higher Education Institutions” Students from countries such as India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Malaysia and Mongolia who have completed 10 or 11 years of elementary and secondary school education and wish to apply for admission to higher education institutions, such as universities, in Japan must meet either of the following eligibility criteria:

1.Have completed 12 years of formal school education by taking an additional one or two years of schooling at a university or other higher education institution or a university preparatory program in their home country.
2.Have completed university preparatory courses (junbi kyouiku katei) authorized by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan (provided, however, that they have completed a level of education equivalent to a Japanese High School).

Please check this link if you're still confused.
https://www.jasso.go.jp/en/study_j/search/g...aldialogue.html
日本語

SPMを終わらせた瞬間に、来日したかったことは確かにあったが様々な人に流された情報が矛盾であったため混乱してしまいました。来日し暮らし始めると、流された情報が間違った部分もあったし、ただ単に偏見的な意見もあったんで、日本に留学したい・または働きたい若者にLowyatに投稿させていただきました。

SPMを終わらせた後、来日したかったら2つの道があります。(マレーシア人のみ)
1)STPMを続くこと。
2)すぐに来日し、日本語学校で日本語を学ぶ。

マレーシア人は基本的にSPMまでは11年の教育しか満たされていないため、日本の大学に入学する条件を満たしていない。上の①か②を選択し、12年の教育条件を満たすことになります。マスター(修士)を希望する方は16年間の教育を満たすことを条件としますので、しっかり自分の教育経路を確認しておいてください。

まとめる、教育条件として以下になります。

① 大学、または母国にある学校に12年間の教育を満たすことを条件とする。
② 文部科学省に認証された準備教育課程を完成させることを条件とする。(日本の高校生と教育年数と一緒)

以上になります。
何かご不明の点がございましたら、いつでもPMをお待ちしております。
1_2_# P
post Oct 27 2020, 08:53 PM

Probation
3 posts

Hi, Im currently a student in Pusat Bahasa Teikyo ( used to be Institut Bahasa Teikyo) as of 2020. However I will not recommen anyone to come and study in teikyo, at least for none JPA students( I dont mean to act racist or bring up anything related to racial problem). I dont know how was it a few years back but now, the teachers a bunch of useless teacher, and hope that students completes their syllabus by themselves. Further more, this "institut" will NOT guarentee a 100% entrance to japan uni except for their own uni, yes they have their own uni. Furthermore since the pandemic has started, due to the incapability of the old teachers to cope with technology such as using Zoom, the teaching quality is very poor. And, dont even think of having a nice campus. Overall, I will suggest anyone that want to go Japan for studies to go straight to Japan and find a programm there since having a Japanese speaking enviroment will also help for improving ur Japanaese.
1_2_# P
post Oct 27 2020, 08:54 PM

Probation
3 posts

Hi, Im currently a student in Pusat Bahasa Teikyo ( used to be Institut Bahasa Teikyo) as of 2020. However I will not recommen anyone to come and study in teikyo, at least for none JPA students( I dont mean to act racist or bring up anything related to racial problem). I dont know how was it a few years back but now, the teachers a bunch of useless teacher, and hope that students completes their syllabus by themselves. Further more, this "institut" will NOT guarentee a 100% entrance to japan uni except for their own uni, yes they have their own uni. Furthermore since the pandemic has started, due to the incapability of the old teachers to cope with technology such as using Zoom, the teaching quality is very poor. And, dont even think of having a nice campus. Overall, I will suggest anyone that want to go Japan for studies to go straight to Japan and find a programm there since having a Japanese speaking enviroment will also help for improving ur Japanaese.
kodasnake117
post Nov 30 2020, 11:55 AM

49 posts

Hi everyone, I'm an ex-student of Pusat Bahasa Teikyo and unless you're a JPA student I would highly recommend avoiding this place. The teaching standards have dropped drastically as most of the good teachers have already left this year. The current staff and teachers are some of the most unfriendly and rude people I've ever met.

First of all, don't believe the lie that you can join this school if you don't know Japanese. (Thats what their recruiter told me) You need to know min N4 level Japanese if you're gonna survive the class. The 20 months course is basically A levels but in Japanese. As such, things will move very fast and the senseis will only speak Japanese to you whether you understand them or not.

Second of all, there is a very clear sense of bias between the JPA and Private students. The JPA are treated very well (they get a lot of freebies, custom t-shirts, dorm arrangements, school bus service, etc) while the Private students get nothing at all even though we're paying the same amount of fees. (Don't get me started on how they treated the private students during Covid-19 pandemic)

Thirdly, Private students are nothing more than tools to lure people in. The school will ask you to participate in a lot of PVs, bring people into your class during tours, and even offer you money if you convince any poor soul to join the school. They won't show you the JPA class tho. (Not to be racist, but I think the idea is people will feel more comfortable seeing an equal amount of races in a class than a class where 80% of students wear tudungs)

Lastly, the homework given by PBT is insane as they believe doing homework = studying, and that the average student should study 10 hours a day. So in other words they'll give you 10 hours worth of hw each day. If you're lazy person this might be effective for you but for those self studying types like me its a nightmare because of the mountains of hw they give each day.

In short, like the previous post said you're better off saving money and going to a japanese language school in japan instead.
red123
post Dec 21 2020, 12:02 PM

Getting Started
205 posts

lol so they are basically getting paid by your tuition fee to do marketing.
MiaSarah P
post Dec 26 2020, 05:48 PM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(Intelauto @ Nov 6 2016, 07:47 AM)
英語

When I finished my SPM, I knew that I wanted to study in Japan but the information that was given to me by various people were confusing, and when I started to live and experience life here, some of them were wrong. So, i've decided to open this thread up so that it'll help future prospective students from Malaysia if they want to pursue that undergraduate studies in Japan!

If you just finished SPM, you can go on 2 paths if you want to study in Japan.
1) Continue you STPM
2) Come to Japan immediately and study Japanese in a Japanese Language School

The reason is because we Malaysians only have 11 years of education after we finish off our SPM, so by completing STPM or any other equivalent that bumps you up to 12 years of education. But I did #2, which is attending a Japanese Language School. If you want to do this option, I suggest you find a Language School in Japan that is certified by MEXT (文部科学省)/ (Monbukagakushou) so that after you graduate, you'll be eligible to enter a University for their undergraduate program. Of course, you can also attend the Japanese Language School we have in Malaysia called Bahasa Institut Teikyo as well.

In principle, you must have completed 12 years of education to apply for admission to a university (undergraduate), junior college, or professional training college in Japan.
※Students who have completed 11 years of education to apply for admission to a college of technology, and 16 years of education for admission to a graduate school (master's program). For further details, please refer to “Admission Requirements for Japanese Higher Education Institutions.” “Admission Requirements for Japanese Higher Education Institutions” Students from countries such as India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Malaysia and Mongolia who have completed 10 or 11 years of elementary and secondary school education and wish to apply for admission to higher education institutions, such as universities, in Japan must meet either of the following eligibility criteria:

1.Have completed 12 years of formal school education by taking an additional one or two years of schooling at a university or other higher education institution or a university preparatory program in their home country.
2.Have completed university preparatory courses (junbi kyouiku katei) authorized by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan (provided, however, that they have completed a level of education equivalent to a Japanese High School).

Please check this link if you're still confused.
https://www.jasso.go.jp/en/study_j/search/g...aldialogue.html
日本語

SPMを終わらせた瞬間に、来日したかったことは確かにあったが様々な人に流された情報が矛盾であったため混乱してしまいました。来日し暮らし始めると、流された情報が間違った部分もあったし、ただ単に偏見的な意見もあったんで、日本に留学したい・または働きたい若者にLowyatに投稿させていただきました。

SPMを終わらせた後、来日したかったら2つの道があります。(マレーシア人のみ)
1)STPMを続くこと。
2)すぐに来日し、日本語学校で日本語を学ぶ。

マレーシア人は基本的にSPMまでは11年の教育しか満たされていないため、日本の大学に入学する条件を満たしていない。上の①か②を選択し、12年の教育条件を満たすことになります。マスター(修士)を希望する方は16年間の教育を満たすことを条件としますので、しっかり自分の教育経路を確認しておいてください。

まとめる、教育条件として以下になります。

① 大学、または母国にある学校に12年間の教育を満たすことを条件とする。
② 文部科学省に認証された準備教育課程を完成させることを条件とする。(日本の高校生と教育年数と一緒)

以上になります。
何かご不明の点がございましたら、いつでもPMをお待ちしております。
Hello,
I want to ask about something. If I have take an individual STPM,, do I must take the Language School too?

dummies
post Apr 15 2021, 01:57 PM

Getting Started
254 posts

anyone study at Pusat Bahasa Teikyo now ? is it their standard is so bad per the two negative feedback given above?
Deveshwer P
post Nov 30 2021, 02:23 PM

Probation
1 posts

Hello . . I'ma a enrolling my degree coarse in AI engineering in Melaka at public university.. it's just been half a year since I entered. . So what should I do to further my studies in Japan uni. .

benho88 P
post Dec 7 2021, 02:53 PM

Probation
12 posts

is the living expenses over there very expensive?
SUSRising Rivals
post Mar 1 2022, 09:40 AM

Getting Started
50 posts

Wish to take Japanese lesson for casual learning. Anywhere recommended?
allisonzk P
post May 13 2022, 09:42 AM

Probation
35 posts

QUOTE(Rising Rivals @ Mar 1 2022, 09:40 AM)
Wish to take Japanese lesson for casual learning. Anywhere recommended?
If you're after casual learning, I would recommend the best source, and it's free! From NHK themselves!!

NHK offers japanese lessons in a very didactive way, also with sound and video support!

Please copy and paste this url (I cannot link a website due to probation mode)

www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/learnjapanese/

Enjoy!
miniacs
post Dec 26 2023, 07:32 PM

Casual
386 posts

Anyone here from Todai? i wonder how many Malaysians study there as undergraduate?

5 Pages « < 3 4 5Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0140sec    1.00    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:58 PM