Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicClosed TopicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> If your post was REPORTED......, what does it mean?

gM | Mutsumi-san
post Feb 2 2007, 06:29 PM

PhD Falcon punch, Gunslingin, Sentry & Trollin Engineering
Group: Senior Member

ok so heres a weird thing
i never did report anything but the "reported" button is there
something wrong with the system?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
acougan
post Feb 2 2007, 06:32 PM

On my way

QUOTE(acougan @ Feb 2 2007, 02:08 PM)
if a post was reported, but the offence was really minor and no action deemed necessary, will the red "reported" status turn back to  normal blue?
actually i made a few reports. 1 concern a garage sales thread selling ahem games openly. the thread is still there, so i'm wondering if i reported wrong, or the offence is allowed or the reported post hasn't been examined yet.
Joshua_0718
post Feb 2 2007, 06:33 PM

**Keep Walking 不停地走**

QUOTE(gM | Mutsumi-san @ Feb 2 2007, 06:29 PM)
That is because people reported it. You can see other report reported by other forumer.
goldfries
post Feb 2 2007, 06:36 PM

40K Club
Group Icon
Group: Forum Admin

QUOTE(gM | Mutsumi-san @ Feb 2 2007, 06:29 PM)
you didn't do reporting, but someone else did. biggrin.gif

nothing weird at all - you WILL see the threads that were reported. wink.gif

there was a quad post on that, based on the report submitted.

QUOTE(acougan @ Feb 2 2007, 06:32 PM)
actually i made a few reports. 1 concern a garage sales thread selling ahem games openly. the thread is still there, so i'm wondering if i reported wrong, or the offence is allowed or the reported post hasn't been examined yet.
yes, i've seen some claims of pirated games but the thread itself has insufficient proof to warrant any action to be taken.

as if the thread lacking evidence was bad enough, these reports usually just say "pirated games" or something like that but no proof or anything. sad.gif so such cases, no action taken.
altie
post Feb 2 2007, 07:14 PM

Runaway Fridge™
Group Icon
Networking
Group: VIP

Sometimes it may take some time for action to be taken. We don't have Admins on 24hr stand by. And sometimes investigations take time too.

But rest assured that if a post is reported, we Mods are not able to ignore it. wink.gif
goldfries
post Feb 3 2007, 10:35 AM

40K Club
Group Icon

QUOTE(altie @ Feb 2 2007, 07:14 PM)
Sometimes it may take some time for action to be taken. We don't have Admins on 24hr stand by. And sometimes investigations take time too.

But rest assured that if a post is reported, we Mods are not able to ignore it. wink.gif
yes. and also the fact that even if some mods noticed it, they could still be limited as some threads / post reported are in sections that are beyond their jurisdiction.
don^don
post Feb 3 2007, 12:04 PM

(#‵′)凸

mayb this is abit off-topic, but heck, might as well ask around.

this issue is related to torrent downloads of iso files, i think. a few months ago, i was posting heavily on NFSC official thread. as usual, there will be n00bs asking around questions like "hey, anybody has the link for the torrent?" or like "hey, i cant open the file. anybody has the password?". i replied their posts with links to TSB's NFSC page, where users can pre-order the original. however, i was warned by a mod, with a 10%, to talk about illegal/pirated stuff.

not that 10% is a big deal, i like the 10% look, but i just wanted justice. i'm helping out with providing the links and yet i get warned. does this show that the "reported" button is mis-used? or that the mods are not doing a good job in digging out the "truth"?

This post has been edited by don^don: Feb 3 2007, 12:06 PM
RBR
post Feb 3 2007, 02:58 PM

keeping calm..
Group Icon

Sometimes, we make mistakes. You should have PMed the mod in question, and if that fails PM an admin.
http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=faq&article=6

As a gesture of goodwill to you, I have removed your warning.
Pr1me_Minister
post Feb 3 2007, 05:41 PM

Casual
Group Icon
Group: Staff

It's quite easy to track down the reporter, especially when the subforum isn't heavyly occupied. Just look for the recent poster. I'm quite hesitant on reporting certain posts containing discussions of pirated ROMs.

Most Malaysian support piracy and they will flame me to mars if they find out that I'm reporting their posts. sad.gif
altie
post Feb 3 2007, 06:38 PM

Runaway Fridge™
Group Icon
Networking

QUOTE(Pr1me_Minister @ Feb 3 2007, 05:41 PM)
It's quite easy to track down the reporter, especially when the subforum isn't heavyly occupied. Just look for the recent poster. I'm quite hesitant on reporting certain posts containing discussions of pirated ROMs.

Most Malaysian support piracy and they will flame me to mars if they find out that I'm reporting their posts. sad.gif
That's not entirely true. Many reports I have attended to are reported by users who do not even post in the thread. And you have our assurance that reporters are kept strictly confidential. For all they know, a Mod could have reported them in.

Please don't be afraid to use the Report button.
goldfries
post Feb 4 2007, 12:37 AM

40K Club
Group Icon

QUOTE(altie @ Feb 3 2007, 06:38 PM)
That's not entirely true. Many reports I have attended to are reported by users who do not even post in the thread. And you have our assurance that reporters are kept strictly confidential. For all they know, a Mod could have reported them in.

yup. in fact most of the time it's not the last poster.

a wise person would just report it and ignore the thread. smile.gif
Joshua_0718
post Feb 9 2007, 05:13 PM

**Keep Walking 不停地走**

Now, if we report, no red 'reported' already. smile.gif
se7en
post Feb 9 2007, 05:20 PM

resistance is futile
Group Icon
Group: Admin

Yes, due to the number of paranoid members we have, i've decided that the red reported button seems to have created more problems then solutions, and hence it has been discontinued.

Bump TopicClosed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0710sec    4.79    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th October 2018 - 10:53 PM