Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New user registrations disabled until further notice.

Bump TopicClosed TopicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> If your post was REPORTED......, what does it mean?

goldfries
post Feb 2 2007, 02:29 AM, updated 12y ago

40K Club
Group Icon
Group: Forum Admin

Alright, I'm posting this because of the many responses i see when people see their own posted being user posted image.

Now, if your post was user posted image, it means someone thinks that you have some how breached the R&R of LYN forum (refer to my signature for the links)

So first thing to do is to check the contents of your post.

Now, after checking the contents of your post you found that it was totally relevant to the topic. no vulgarities, no flame-baits, no offensive / insensitive statements whatsoever.

What else could've been wrong? Do consider the following......
1. Signature
2. Avatar

I've never come by anyone reporting avatars, however there's quite many report on signatures. biggrin.gif in fact a few days back, there was a signature report spam........nuked like nearly 20 signatures within 30 minutes.

If the post of yours that got user posted image was the #1 post of the thread (meaning you started a thread) it could mean that
1. you started the thread at the wrong section (eg, asking about Driver issues of a 7600GT graphic card in Cupid's Corner)
2. your thread makes no sense at all (eg, asking people what do poo taste like)
3. your topic is inappropriate (offensive, obscene, inappropriate for minors.... the list goes on. eg, Nude pictures of Paris Hilton)
4. you're starting a thread that's similar / same to some other threads there were are already found on the forum. (eg, asking about Driver issues of a 7600GT when someone already asked that earlier.)
5. you could've double-posted (or more) due to bad connections. (note : this applies to posts as well, you know how sometimes you end up posting the same content more than once. however this issue involving posts has been some what settled by the Automatic Merging feature added recently.)

Being user posted image is not a big deal, please don't come over here and start a new thread complaining on why was it reported and behaving like a kid on crack. that's not the way to go about it.

Do understand that being user posted image doesn't mean you're in deep shit or anything. smile.gif Whether you're in a shitty situation and the depth of the shit you're in depends on the gravity of your offence; but of course if you manage to amend the mistake before the administrative staff reaches the reported post - then all is well.

Yes yes yes, that means that being user posted image does not mean you'll get BANNED / WARNED or anything for that matter UNLESS your post some how violates forum Rules & Regulation in a serious manner.

This post has been edited by goldfries: Feb 2 2007, 05:05 AM
se7en
post Feb 2 2007, 02:31 AM

resistance is futile
Group Icon
Group: Admin

We should have an FAQ entry on this shortly.
littlegreen
post Feb 2 2007, 03:19 AM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

miss used of button shall be punished hehe just a suggestion

cos i didnt like the idea when people report for minor mistake like move thread....omg... he could have pm the TS and let the TS handle the thread...

how about that.... depend on the mod ...i dont know how much of constructive report they got currently.. mind to share....i think it is a lot lol

Added on February 2, 2007, 3:20 amAny thread open by ts is their responsibility heheh...

This post has been edited by littlegreen: Feb 2 2007, 03:20 AM
KilJim
post Feb 2 2007, 03:30 AM

^-_-^ ZzzZzZzZzzz....
Group Icon
Group: Elite

Reporting misplaced threads is okay, i mean its not like the thread starter will get punished for that sweat.gif
As long as u dont make too many reports on matters which are not wrong in the first place

This post has been edited by KilJim: Feb 2 2007, 03:30 AM
goldfries
post Feb 2 2007, 04:06 AM

40K Club
Group Icon

QUOTE(littlegreen @ Feb 2 2007, 03:19 AM)
cos i didnt like the idea when people report for minor mistake like move thread....omg... he could have pm the TS and let the TS handle the thread...
FYI TS can't move thread.

what they did was correct as it highlights the thread placeed in wrong section. smile.gif

think about it. you PM the TS, and who knows when will TS get the information. even if TS read the PM, he/she then has to inform someone else to move the thread.

so clicking the REPORT button is the best way actually. smile.gif
kenneth87
post Feb 2 2007, 04:39 AM

~~"\(0.0)/"~~

May i know is there any T&C in order to use the "report" button? Besides, what will happen if really got reported? Get ban for few days or anything? smile.gif Or jz will b showing the reported sign and can cont surfing the forum? How long will that applies on the forumer that got reported??? smile.gif

This post has been edited by kenneth87: Feb 2 2007, 04:41 AM
goldfries
post Feb 2 2007, 04:50 AM

40K Club
Group Icon

QUOTE(kenneth87 @ Feb 2 2007, 04:39 AM)
May i know is there any T&C in order to use the "report" button?

only 1 T&C tongue.gif DON'T ABUSE IT!!! biggrin.gif

meaning that, you should confirm that the thing you are reporting is actually in violation or something. or perhaps you suspect a con case to occur - in short, to highlight something that would be concern of the administrative team, for the sake (peace and safety) of the general community.

QUOTE(kenneth87 @ Feb 2 2007, 04:39 AM)
Besides, what will happen if really got reported? Get ban for few days or anything?  smile.gif Or jz will b showing the reported sign and can cont surfing the forum?

haiyoh i can't believe you're asking this. i already stated in the 1st post. please la, at least try to understand the 1st post.

i said.......

"Do understand that being REPORTED doesn't mean you're in deep shit or anything. smile.gif Whether you're in a shitty situation and the depth of the shit you're in depends on the gravity of your offence; but of course if you manage to amend the mistake before the administrative staff reaches the reported post - then all is well."

ok ok i'll just ELABORATE further in the 1st post just in case anyone else comes along with the same questions.......

This post has been edited by goldfries: Feb 2 2007, 04:56 AM
acougan
post Feb 2 2007, 02:08 PM

On my way

if a post was reported, but the offence was really minor and no action deemed necessary, will the red "reported" status turn back to normal blue?
goldfries
post Feb 2 2007, 02:40 PM

40K Club
Group Icon

QUOTE(acougan @ Feb 2 2007, 02:08 PM)
if a post was reported, but the offence was really minor and no action deemed necessary, will the red "reported" status turn back to  normal blue?
no it won't but really, does it matter? hmm.gif

or are you guys just embarassed to have user posted image on your post? nod.gif

i mean seriously, if nothing was wrong about the post in the first place then i wouldn't even bother it. biggrin.gif
pipedream
post Feb 2 2007, 03:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!

if i see one of those red things in a post, normally i would think twice about posting in that thread as i dun wan to get pull into the shit myself even TS is not wrong

the lil` red thing is a major turn-off biggrin.gif
goldfries
post Feb 2 2007, 03:12 PM

40K Club
Group Icon

QUOTE(pipedream @ Feb 2 2007, 03:07 PM)
if i see one of those red things in a post, normally i would think twice about posting in that thread as i dun wan to get pull into the shit myself even TS is not wrong

see, that's the problem.

a lot of people notice the new thing but don't bother to understand it, yet jump into irrational conclusions. smile.gif

again, i don't see why we should take action of anyone who posted in a REPORTED thread without proper reason. smile.gif participation is not wrong as long as you abide with the forum R&Rs.
pipedream
post Feb 2 2007, 04:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(goldfries @ Feb 2 2007, 04:12 PM)
see, that's the problem.

a lot of people notice the new thing but don't bother to understand it, yet jump into irrational conclusions. smile.gif

again, i don't see why we should take action of anyone who posted in a REPORTED thread without proper reason. smile.gif participation is not wrong as long as you abide with the forum R&Rs.
yeah i know, but its just guilty concsience

see, if ur fren is a robber, ppl will automatically classified u as in the same group as him, though u are not

so i`d think twice and probably won`t post in that thread
goldfries
post Feb 2 2007, 05:02 PM

40K Club
Group Icon

QUOTE(pipedream @ Feb 2 2007, 04:58 PM)
see, if ur fren is a robber, ppl will automatically classified u as in the same group as him, though u are not

so i`d think twice and probably won`t post in that thread
haha. no way man, i don't see it that way and i'm sure many aren't viewing it that way either. smile.gif

just because you replied on someone's thread that doesn't mean anyone (with a right mind) would equate you as a friend of the reported party.

say for example, the threadstarted posted at the wrong section. no big deal, you still can respond to it. smile.gif

however, if the threadstarted started some nonsense (say vulgarities and obscene stuff) - it's not wrong if you posted there and say something against it. biggrin.gif however if you contribute the vulgarities and obscene stuff even further, then of course you're no better than the threadstarter.
fruitie
post Feb 2 2007, 05:06 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Group: Staff

QUOTE(goldfries @ Feb 2 2007, 02:40 PM)
no it won't but really, does it matter?  hmm.gif

or are you guys just embarassed to have user posted image on your post?  nod.gif

i mean seriously, if nothing was wrong about the post in the first place then i wouldn't even bother it. biggrin.gif
i'm a bit embarassed to see if my post is being reported, to be honest. blush.gif
so, i'll make sure from now onwards, i'm very careful on my posted posts. biggrin.gif
just my thought, it doesn't mean everyone has the same thought as me.

however, this is a good implemention for the forumers, at least they will take precaution steps before a post is made. smile.gif

This post has been edited by fruitie: Feb 2 2007, 05:07 PM
goldfries
post Feb 2 2007, 05:08 PM

40K Club
Group Icon

hehe. not just posting but also other stuff - like signature. biggrin.gif
suiteng
post Feb 2 2007, 05:36 PM

Hopeless President

QUOTE(goldfries @ Feb 2 2007, 05:08 PM)
hehe. not just posting but also other stuff - like signature. biggrin.gif
And 18SX avatar included?
Joshua_0718
post Feb 2 2007, 05:41 PM

**Keep Walking 不停地走**

QUOTE(suiteng @ Feb 2 2007, 05:36 PM)
Yup. wink.gif As long as breach the R&R
goldfries

40K Club
Group Icon

QUOTE(suiteng @ Feb 2 2007, 05:36 PM)
yeah. smile.gif do you have anyone in mind? cos some Avatars are sexual depending on intepretation. tongue.gif while others could be down-right offensive.
tan_pang

Look at all my stars!!

how about i think a thread should be pinned??
then can i use the 'report' button??

although the probability is very very less... smile.gif
goldfries
post Feb 2 2007, 05:50 PM

40K Club
Group Icon

QUOTE(tan_pang @ Feb 2 2007, 05:41 PM)
how about i think a thread should be pinned??
then can i use the 'report' button??
ehh for suggesting to pin a thread, better off using PM. smile.gif

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Bump TopicClosed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0539sec    3.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd May 2018 - 03:44 AM