Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

APPLE PAY IN MALAYSIA, Official arrives in Malaysia! Aug 2022!

views

sian840424
post Jun 14 2018, 10:56 AM

31 posts

QUOTE(evofitpt @ Jan 5 2018, 11:42 PM)
Apple Pay on Apple Watch does not require your iPhone to be with you. As long as you’ve added the card into the watch, you can use it without the phone. To activate Apple Pay on Apple Watch, the watch needs to be unlocked with passcode.

Apple Pay can be used in Malaysia already in any retailers that accept PayWave / PayPass. No additional hardware is required by the retailer. No Malaysian banks currently offer Apple Pay so you need an overseas Apple Pay account to use Apple Pay here in Malaysia.

I have been using Apple Pay on my iPhone or Apple Watch here in Malaysia to make contactless payments with no troubles. My Apple Pay account is linked to an Australian bank. Every time I pay with Apple Pay, the retailers are always surprised that it works.
Additional hardware is required at the backend. For the frontend, the POS terminal might be the same, but the backend is different. Currently, bank in Malaysia haven't implement it for Apple Pay.
sian840424
post Jun 14 2018, 11:19 AM

31 posts

QUOTE(magnor @ Jun 12 2018, 09:26 PM)
Apple Pay available in more countries than Samsung or Google Pay but unfortunately Malaysia is not one of those countries.

https://blog.passkit.com/list-of-countries-...nd-android-pay/

Looks like only option for Malaysians is Samsung Pay at the moment.
This is not 100% true. It is depends on the number of device users that are able to use such mobile payment. From what I knew, Samsung Pay is only available for mid to high range handset. Compare to Apple, every iPhone release since 6th generation are supported Apple pay. So, this is not a fair comparison. For infrastructure wise, Samsung pay adoption to the existing infrastructure is much higher. No additional hardware is required. it is working like normal paywave and paypass cards.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1073sec    0.26    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:15 AM