Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

APPLE PAY IN MALAYSIA, Official arrives in Malaysia! Aug 2022!

views

adiyon84
post Aug 18 2021, 04:26 PM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(billychong930518 @ Aug 18 2021, 03:29 PM)
Hi, I wanna ask using bigpay to top up WISE is it the best way?

And how long does it takes to top up WISE using bigpay?
You can refer to this YouTube guy.. He explained very thorough how to topup etc.

adiyon84
post May 9 2022, 10:48 AM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(driftmeister @ May 9 2022, 09:19 AM)
I am quite optimistic, within this few months.
I think this is possible, coming within few months. To add more on this, my best friend who currently working at iPay88 (the credit/debit card terminal service company in Malaysia) told me a week before raya ago, he saw there was a document stated “Apple Pay”, which other team to have meeting on it. He not sure they from which department. So this clearly showing that Apple Pay will and gonna launch soon. We just wait and see. biggrin.gif rclxm9.gif

My friend working in IT support department. Fyi.
adiyon84
post Jun 7 2022, 03:47 PM

Casual
446 posts

Guys, my friend from Ipay88 just forward me his invitation meeting mentioning "ApplePay Integration stand-up Meeting". It means that the Apple Pay will and definitely be coming very soon to our country! Sorry I can't disclose any details or the picture that he snap as it was meant for Internal communication only. rclxm9.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by adiyon84: Jun 7 2022, 06:12 PM
adiyon84
post Jun 14 2022, 04:37 PM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(Jasilu90 @ Jun 8 2022, 04:45 PM)
Could you inbox me the pic pls?😂⋯
I just want to confirm whether what you said is true.
But it doesn't matter if you don't send it to me.
Thx
Owh, sorry bro. I can't reveal the screenshot for this because my friend who working there said better not share to anyone.
I have to respect him and his private information as well. sweat.gif
adiyon84
post Jun 14 2022, 04:42 PM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(Mavik @ Jun 13 2022, 05:30 PM)
Interesting news, especially coming from iPay88 as they are a payment gateway and if I am not mistaken, I don't see them being in the POS/Merchant terminal business (selling the device for physical merchants). I know Apple Pay is one of the online methods of payment and perhaps this is referring to that?
Hey bro, you are correct. After I asked my friend what exactly the meeting is all about, he said that they are doing internal demo on "Online" Apple Pay. Not involving the typical NFC kind-a type (Merchant Credit Card Terminal) and they gone thru via website using some sort of API.. smile.gif
adiyon84
post Jul 19 2022, 04:51 PM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(nokia2003 @ Jul 19 2022, 04:20 PM)
Three FIs, I have been told. I suppose you can figure out one of them (to much speculation)
I bet it must be Tiger, Octopus and Octagon banks biggrin.gif icon_idea.gif
adiyon84
post Jul 20 2022, 10:28 AM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(quebix @ Jul 20 2022, 10:26 AM)
how do we add our card to the apple pay?

i remembered last time i just played around and put in my card in but then it says unsupported card.

now just playing around, cant seem to find where to add the card.

anybody can teach me?

right now go to Wallet, press " + " button but no option to add card.
I think we need to wait for Apple to send iOS update. If our Apple Pay service has been activated, then the + sign will appear in the Wallet app.
So right now, it still disabled though. We have just to wait for announcement of this service. smile.gif
adiyon84
post Jul 29 2022, 11:37 AM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(K0L0KM33 @ Jul 29 2022, 10:16 AM)
if you look back at the post, there is a user who stated a specific date. That's the dday.
Erm, I'm quite skeptical or on 50/50 about this launching news and not sure whether they will launch as early as August. sweat.gif
Cause I don't see any hint yet from macrumors or Apple itself. If they do launching by upcoming weeks, then I'm gonna be so much excited on it.
But if it's not, then I think it's okay. I'm not gonna put my hope high and will go with the flow. wink3.gif cool2.gif icon_rolleyes.gif
adiyon84
post Aug 1 2022, 12:27 PM

Casual
446 posts

Just to update you guys on the online Apple Pay (website purchase etc), not the typical offline one (tap at paywave terminal).

Last Friday, my friend was invited to the meeting and there's a team that showing a demo for Online Apple Pay via iPay88. He said that they have already deployed the Apple Pay integration and now pushing to Production.

He also showed to me the recording presentation via MS Teams. I can confirmed you guys that there is Apple Pay button when we want to checkout via website purchase. They just showed step by step process how to buy stuff via Safari browsers. thumbsup.gif thumbup.gif

Not sure when Apple Pay will launching as I asked him and he don't know, but it will definitely be launching to Malaysia region soon. Can't wait!
adiyon84
post Aug 1 2022, 01:14 PM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(cyxnide @ Aug 1 2022, 12:55 PM)
oh no are we going to end up like mainland china?

user posted image
No lah. I don't think so. We still gonna have the usual Apple Pay (Tap to pay). We have already heard by now both testing done for Offline (Paywave terminal tap) & Online (Purchase via website). I think this one is to cater for online transaction. Don't worry too much. Just wait for the announcement biggrin.gif nod.gif
adiyon84
post Aug 2 2022, 11:41 AM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(syzwn @ Aug 2 2022, 10:45 AM)
been using Wise Apple pay in Malaysia for about 3 months . works well. hehe

using the Singapore and then convert back to Malaysia trick
Same bro. Been using Wise Apple Pay in Malaysia since 2020. Have been tapping to many paywave terminal around Malaysia and all works fine biggrin.gif tongue.gif

Attached Image
adiyon84
post Aug 4 2022, 10:58 AM

Casual
446 posts

Saw tweet where Thailand also currently doing testing on Pay on their side. I think both the countries will get this feature soon. 😄

user posted image
adiyon84
post Aug 5 2022, 10:00 AM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(Jasilu90 @ Aug 5 2022, 09:50 AM)
rumor is next weeks
yes , function like Spay
I have questions.

Is it next week Apple will make announcement on the launching date which will takes another time to launch?
Or will Apple just announce it and we all can use Apple Pay already on that day?

confused.gif
adiyon84
post Aug 8 2022, 10:17 AM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(lowkelvin @ Aug 8 2022, 09:22 AM)
In the meantime of counting down Apple Pay launching
Let's start for some fun discussion tongue.gif

Assume your common use bank card is able to add to Apple Pay
Are you going not to bring that card when going out?

In an extremely case,
Assume all your bank card is able to add to Apple Pay
will you going to put only 2 cards (IC + driving license) in your wallet?
Putting 100% truth on Apple Pay
For me, I will bring all my DB/CC in case it won't work or the cashier asked for physical (I have experienced on this and yes.. they asked my card).
But I will always use Apple Pay first before I go pickup my Wallet. biggrin.gif
adiyon84
post Aug 8 2022, 12:28 PM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(ariff_mmc @ Aug 8 2022, 12:25 PM)
**Not applicable for AmBank U​nionPay Platinum Credit Card and AmBank Debit MasterCard. Do check back soon!

Debit card not supported as for Ambank, hopefully not with Maybank and CIMB
Perhaps they will support later for Debit Card.. sweat.gif
adiyon84
post Aug 27 2022, 04:44 PM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(XeactorZ @ Aug 27 2022, 04:14 PM)
Received my maybank credit card and just paid using Apple Pay
How come no transaction history found on the wallet app?
Amount is greater than RM250 hmm.gif
Same goes to me. No history for amount paid RM279.00 which I bought a luggage bag last Thursday. hmm.gif innocent.gif
adiyon84
post Aug 27 2022, 05:39 PM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(XeactorZ @ Aug 27 2022, 05:17 PM)
From Maybank? Or Ambank or SC?
It’s Maybank Credit Card bro..
adiyon84
post Aug 31 2022, 10:46 AM

Casual
446 posts

Okay, just now I tried paid my morning breakfast using my Pay Maybank Credit Card and Wise SG Card, both having no transaction history recorded in Apple Wallet.

I guess this issue came from Apple itself, not from the banks. Perhaps it’s a bug coming from them.

hmm.gif
adiyon84
post Sep 1 2022, 03:32 PM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(hairwire @ Aug 31 2022, 10:51 PM)
For those having issues with transaction history not showing up in the Wallet app, you can try the following:

1. Go to Settings, and go to your iCloud ID (the one with your picture).
2. Click iCloud setting
3. Scroll down to Wallet and turn the sync off
4. Wait a bit like 5-10 seconds (or more) and turn it back on.

That action will do a iCloud re-sync  and (probably) solve the issue. I had the issue since last Thursday and now the transaction is back on. Can't guarantee for everyone but that's what I did. Worked at McDonald's today with Maybank Visa CC.

Edit with disclamer: I don't think this will bring back lost (past) transaction history, but could help with future transactions.
hey, my transaction history are back today. Not sure because I follow this step or it was automatically okay again.
But whatever it is, I'm really happy tongue.gif thumbup.gif

user posted image
adiyon84
post Sep 5 2022, 03:31 PM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(wjleong15 @ Sep 5 2022, 02:47 PM)
Aeon grocery section at midvalley megamall the self checkout terminal cannot use apple pay
Only can use counter checkout
Counter has 2 terminals which are maybank and aeon (not sure but I saw aeon logo on screen)
Maybank terminal no problem for apple pay
Counter staff know well about apple pay
Same situation happen in AEON grocery section at self checkout terminal in AEON AU2. Cannot use Apple Pay.
Even we tried 2x also the terminal came back error.

The staff there said, they having issues with Apple Pay against their system, and this probably need some time to be rectify.
Then I have to wave my card instead.

sweat.gif

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1225sec    0.29    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:10 PM