Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> SOMERSET (FORMERLY THE SOCIETE) DESA SRI HARTAMAS, The upclass Flexi-SoHo in Sri Hartamas Investment

views

bennomin
post Jul 15 2023, 11:05 PM

Casual
493 posts

QUOTE(BigMan123 @ Jul 10 2023, 02:01 PM)
Soho…

Let me give you some perspective. Arcoris has soup and residential. When it comes to rental, residential is easy to get prospects while soho is super slow. In the end, have to pass to a airbnb operator to manage but that means your unit will not be treated so well by those who stay for a day or so.
Yeah residential tend to perform better than SOHO.

Looking forward to Sunway recent purchase on Desa Sri Hartamas Land from YNH. Going to be an interesting launch in years to come.

Hopefully sunway will not let us disappointed.
edkhan26
post Jul 16 2023, 12:44 AM

Casual
345 posts

QUOTE(bennomin @ Jul 15 2023, 11:05 PM)
Yeah residential tend to perform better than SOHO.

Looking forward to Sunway recent purchase on Desa Sri Hartamas Land from YNH. Going to be an interesting launch in years to come.

Hopefully sunway will not let us disappointed.
Recent launches have seen commercial serviced residences rather than residential. Soho is no diff from commercial serviced residences.

edkhan26
post Jul 16 2023, 12:53 AM

Casual
345 posts

QUOTE(edkhan26 @ Jul 16 2023, 12:44 AM)
Recent launches have seen commercial serviced residences rather than residential. Soho is no diff from commercial serviced residences.
For sunway, the land is also commercial titled. So similar with societe
bennomin
post Jul 27 2023, 08:16 PM

Casual
493 posts

QUOTE(edkhan26 @ Jul 16 2023, 12:53 AM)
For sunway, the land is also commercial titled. So similar with societe
Yes it’s on the commercial land. But it’s a mixed development composed of serviced apartment…it’s rather diff as compared to SOHO although both are on commercial land.

But 60% take up rate from an article i red few days ago. Woah…good response from the market. Good job SCP.
bennomin
post Jul 27 2023, 08:18 PM

Casual
493 posts

QUOTE(edkhan26 @ Jul 16 2023, 12:44 AM)
Hmm. I would say there’s similar in term of concept but quite different in a way that SOHO allows business to be operated/ commercial use while serviced apartment are strictly for residential purposes only.

lucaswong
post Aug 8 2023, 04:52 PM

18 posts

This Property is come with fully furnished. So even Is SOHO, it will mainly for stay purpose instead of offices. Feel free to Pm me if you would like to have more information. Or we can arrange an private viewing
AskarPerang
post Sep 2 2023, 12:59 AM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,145 posts

DrPitchard
post Nov 18 2023, 05:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,011 posts

Need to change the title of this thread liao, as it is back to Societe and will now be (formerly Somerset) tongue.gif
All in all, nice setup, nice reno, but I would be very cautious when approaching such projects. First, most buyers will likely be investors, buying for investment, with such a setup. When they are too many that are buying for investment and not many owners who are staying in, maintenance of the place in general won't be that good compared to the scenario where majority of owners are staying in. Vibe going back on a daily basis and bumping into hotel/service apartment guest (lyf by Ascott group) in the lift isn't that nice. Most people don't like this. Hence, in the long run, bulk of those who initially buy to stay will move out.

There is also no carpark available. You'll have to rent! Yes, no carpark lots are given as part of your SoHo purchase, so that's perpetual monthly rental which really doesn't make sense. Not a big amount, but it'll bother a fair bit of owners not to stay in. Last but not least, having a fully furnished unit might not be a good thing, especially when all units are fully furnished with the same design. If it's a selection from a wide range of templates/design or owners are able to customize, that's fine. But when everything is the same, it means having to compete with all other units which offer the exact same design. Hence, the only other differentiator? Price, and that's bad, to fight on price instead of unit offering/uniqueness.

Just my humble 2 cents.

11 Pages « < 9 10 11Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0124sec    0.60    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:45 PM