Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom
Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Webe850 - The Looping QR Code. Is that a scam?

ryukeong
post Jun 3 2016, 10:56 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

webe contest is cheating, my account is locked for 5 days after i reach top2, email no reply, when message them at fb said suspecting something and keep on reply only investigating. not only me, lots of high ranking user account also lock, as we are chatting via fb group. those on top now are internal ppl or friends. someone even got proof that one of the lucky draw winner is webe own staff.

so those top prizes is for internal, or friends from internal only. once notice your points is high then lock, after others points reach up, they will release your account so that you unable to move to top. mad.gif

This post has been edited by ryukeong: Jun 19 2016, 11:50 AM
Emimarson
post Jun 3 2016, 11:02 PM

Casual

Webe = P1 = piece of shit
vuetnam
post Jun 3 2016, 11:56 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

sudah kata webe ni penipu scammer

lagi banyak orang eager pergi scan la ini la tu la post dalam lyn suruh orang tolong scan la

end up?
boonhan
post Jun 4 2016, 01:15 AM

Reader

rebranding of p1 only. still same thing.
as for contest, u shouldnt be too high hope for that.
hantu95
post Jun 4 2016, 01:20 AM

Getting Started

drillz mana?
ryukeong
post Jun 4 2016, 01:04 PM

Getting Started

Problem is they locked those that high score, till others chase over you till u can't chase back then only open your account
ryukeong
post Jun 4 2016, 01:04 PM

Getting Started

Those others should be internal friends
JustToReport
post Jun 4 2016, 01:34 PM, updated 3y ago

Hi all. On 31 May, the upcoming telco, Webe, had launched an event which is called "The Looping QR Code"
However, after some investigations on the "Looping QR Code" image, it was suspected that the event is in fact a scam.

Before I proceed to show my evidences, you may need to know some keywords. Google on it so that you understand what I'm talking about.
1. What is an .gif image and how it is formed?
2. What is frame rate?
3. CRC32 and checksum.

Day 1:
This image was posted around 10 a.m.
http://i.imgur.com/k7pHXRq.gifv

It consists of 200 frames, and it is of 0.1 sec per frame.
The winner was Hafizul Asyhraf. At the moment I was not there, so I missed out the event.
So before Day 2 of the event, I analyse the image posted on Day 1.
I split the .gif image into individual frames. Now the problem is, how to filter out the QR Code which is Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and Samsung Gear S2.

Way to do it:
1. Go to: http://gifmaker.me/exploder/ , upload the image and wait for the images to be splitted.
2. Download the .zip file once it is done. ( If you are lazy, here it is: http://www.filedropper.com/code1 )
3. Open it with WinRaR.
4. Order the files by "CRC32"
user posted image
5. Delete the duplicated files with same CRC32 value. So now the only unique file is "tmp-79.gif" and "tmp-105.gif" and "tmp-0.gif". ( The reason I delete the duplicated file is because it is most probably a dummy code, which consists of no prizes or the prizes are not as big as the free phones. )
6. It is speculated that "tmp-79.gif" and "tmp-105.gif" are the big prizes because most probably people wouldn't put the big prize on the first frame.

So then, my friend and I are ready to spam on the 2 codes once it is 12.00 a.m.

Day 2:
This image was posted on 12.15 a.m. , and it consists of 512 frames, 0.05 sec per frame.
http://i.imgur.com/j567BPN.gifv

We scanned the codes at 12.17 a.m. However, we got a message "Operation failed, No quota available."
Then, we scanned on other codes, but it shows a long message saying that the event was over for today. ( If anyone has the screenshot please add on below. )
Then, I analysed the code on Day 2, (here is the file: http://www.filedropper.com/code2 )
So now the codes of big prizes are "tmp-271.gif" and "tmp-511.gif". After the verification, it was found that the two codes were same as the codes on Day 1.
At the moment, we were very confirm that the 2 codes were indeed the free gadgets. We thought that the codes were scanned by someone else, who know this technique.
By then, we wait until the next day

Day 3:
There was no image updated by Webe. However, we have been scanning the codes "tmp-271.gif" and "tmp-511.gif". The message shown was same as on Day 2. "Operation failed, No quota available." . The scanning process was made from 11.50 p.m. until 12.30 a.m. We didn't win any prizes. No one mentioned that he/she won.

Day 4:
Same as Day 3. This time I have obtained a conversation from an user.
user posted image
Webe didn't reply him. But then, he replied to a comment on its page.
user posted image

It is suspected that Webe was trying to cover its fake event, therefore, they changed a new code on 5.02pm.
http://i.imgur.com/uNjk1ef.gifv
(Here you go: http://www.filedropper.com/code3 )

After this image was analysed, only "tmp-271.gif" and "tmp-0.gif" are unique. "tmp-0.gif" has been tested to be a point prize. So this time they reduced number of free gadgets to 1.
"tmp-271.gif" was scanned 20 minutes later. The message shown was "QR code expired." And again, no one admit that he won the prizes.

So I had a conversation with webe:
user posted image

And according to them, there are 2 different codes in the 3rd images, which are Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and Samsung S2 Gear. But there is only one unique code found. Where is the another code? Are they trying to lower the chances so that the unique code is not scanned so fast? And planning to give explanation that the free gadgets was scanned? Without any announcement of the winners?

So here is my last questions to Webe, if you are trying to announce a fake winner list.
1. If the codes were scanned immediately at 12.00 a.m. by other people , even faster than us, so why you didn't take action on him/her ? Since the code is so-called "looping", how can he/she scan so fast? Shouldn't you suspecting him/her for cheating? If he/she was found guilty, why no announcement was made? Shouldn't you forward the quota of free gadgets to next day?

If you can prove me wrong, definitely I will apologize to you. Or else, I'm expecting some compensations not just for me, but also all webe members who were trying so hard to get the prizes, camping whole midnight to wait for your post.

Thank you for reading. If there is any mistake made in the post, please notify me.

#Update: Sorry forget to mention something. "tmp-271.gif" was scanned at Day 5, 12.00 a.m. until 12.30 a.m. as well. And it's scanned out as well. So there are total of 4 days where I didn't manage to win any prizes. That's why I'm suspicious of the event.

#Note: This is just an post to persuade Webe to give an explanation to my findings, to prove themselves the contest is real and legal. All users have the rights to know what is really happening. If my evidences are proven to be wrong, of course I will delete it.

tmp_79.gif
Attached Image

tmp_105.gif
Attached Image

tmp_271.gif
Attached Image

tmp_511.gif
Attached Image

tmp_271.gif (Second)
Attached Image

This post has been edited by JustToReport: Jun 5 2016, 08:33 PM
ciwi1166
post Jun 4 2016, 01:54 PM

~~~Prestissimo~~~

i applauded your effort in doing this. rclxms.gif

interesting.
ed0gawa
post Jun 4 2016, 02:05 PM

coconut

So, u 'hacked' that looping shit
keep scanning it and expect to win/be treated fairly?
ciwi1166
post Jun 4 2016, 02:09 PM

~~~Prestissimo~~~

QUOTE(ed0gawa @ Jun 4 2016, 02:05 PM)
So, u 'hacked' that looping shit
keep scanning it and expect to win/be treated fairly?
i think his point is to proved webe does not hv the main prizes for daily quota as claimed.

only got for day 1, if i understand correctly.

ajax91
post Jun 4 2016, 02:11 PM

macOS Enthusiast

webe is scamming to get more attention
JustToReport
post Jun 4 2016, 02:12 PM

- deleted -

This post has been edited by JustToReport: Jun 4 2016, 03:01 PM
wingwp
post Jun 4 2016, 02:38 PM

On my way

dude, same code used for different day doesn't mean its a scam, the system will still b able to determine some1 won for specific day event with the same code

there is chance a same code could b scanned by more than 1 person, and there's random pick at the backend need to be done to pick the winner, it doesn't mean u'll win the game even u have scan it hundred thousand time

yes webe unable to announce the winner but it didn't prove as scam, u fellas spam the same winning code, if myself as system monitor will treat it as spam and void it

u defamed webe and u could get urself into troubles

do u even know wat u r tryin to do? /facepalm
JustToReport
post Jun 4 2016, 02:54 PM

QUOTE(wingwp @ Jun 4 2016, 02:38 PM)
dude, same code used for different day doesn't mean its a scam, the system will still b able to determine some1 won for specific day event with the same code

there is chance a same code could b scanned by more than 1 person, and there's random pick at the backend need to be done to pick the winner, it doesn't mean u'll win the game even u have scan it hundred thousand time

yes webe unable to announce the winner but it didn't prove as scam, u fellas spam the same winning code, if myself as system monitor will treat it as spam and void it

u defamed webe and u could get urself into troubles

do u even know wat u r tryin to do? /facepalm
I didn't say that same code used for different day is a scam. Please read again.
And also, the codes are on first-come first-served basis. The faster you scan it, the higher the chance you get it.
There is no random pick for scanning the QR Code. Just like what they did for the free vouchers event (Boost Juice, Chatime, TGV......)

I just want an explanation from them. If there are users suspecting the event is fake, just prove it. All evidences are there already.

I have removed some comments if you think that it is spoiling their reputation. Thanks .

This post has been edited by JustToReport: Jun 4 2016, 03:02 PM
loveu1668
post Jun 4 2016, 02:54 PM

Getting Started

Webe totally is scam, suddenly announced referral contest and all the player since day one scan day and night ranking drop. I think some of their staff's relative or friend will in the top ranking after this referral contest as they not allowed others to get those big prizes??

And they maybe use their Webe testing simpack to get as many points as can for their friends and relatives.
nexona88
post Jun 4 2016, 03:06 PM

VIP Club House

wow interesting..

really respect all the effort done

since we all know Webe = P1, they known to be good scammers dry.gif

This post has been edited by nexona88: Jun 4 2016, 03:07 PM
shadowy
post Jun 4 2016, 03:07 PM

Thanks for the long analysis on the QR code. yes it is easy to hack.

I do think that instead of the one who scanned the code first get price (unfair for the rest of user it's only 512 image, and only say maybe 2 image trigger the winning, so all prize will be gone within 1 min), it would be better that scanning the code trigger another process on server side that randomly pick/check whether any price was won.

Anyhow. I think that this webe contest is poorly planned contest as they mostly underestimate how the player (i.e us) playing the game.
JustToReport
post Jun 4 2016, 03:10 PM

Latest update from Webe:

Hi there, the Looping QR code challenge has halted as there has been some issues that has come to light. We will conduct a full investigation into this matter as the integrity of the campaign is important to us. Please do bear with us and we thank you for your patience and understanding.

------------------

shadowy
post Jun 4 2016, 03:15 PM

opps....

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0691sec    8.25    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th March 2019 - 12:40 PM