Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Webe850 - The Looping QR Code. Is that a scam?

views

shadowy
post Jun 4 2016, 03:07 PM

14 posts

Thanks for the long analysis on the QR code. yes it is easy to hack.

I do think that instead of the one who scanned the code first get price (unfair for the rest of user it's only 512 image, and only say maybe 2 image trigger the winning, so all prize will be gone within 1 min), it would be better that scanning the code trigger another process on server side that randomly pick/check whether any price was won.

Anyhow. I think that this webe contest is poorly planned contest as they mostly underestimate how the player (i.e us) playing the game.
shadowy
post Jun 4 2016, 03:15 PM

14 posts

opps....
shadowy
post Jun 4 2016, 03:19 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(ciwi1166 @ Jun 4 2016, 03:17 PM)
user posted image

i guess it's true then..biggrin.gif

wait for webe official announcement..
erm.... maybe big shuffle in the ranking later.....
shadowy
post Jun 10 2016, 01:24 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(wannabesp @ Jun 10 2016, 10:10 AM)
Unfortunately orphanages need money to run and are already soliciting in kopitiams... So if these people are willing to throw their money at some social stuff.. why not just take it?

Ultimately consumers still have to pay someone for their services. Would you rather pay to someone who gives a bigger portion back to us or a smaller one?
I do believe container will pay for the one who offer the cheapest service and of acceptable quality.

Not many people care about social responsibility yet.
shadowy
post Jun 11 2016, 08:47 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(chinbs @ Jun 11 2016, 08:17 PM)
ryukeong, mind to share what happen to your webe account after being locked for 5 days? Mine just locked by them after I reached top 3 position this evening asking me to contact help.850@webe.com.my. Obviously on purpose during weekend so no way to complain. cry.gif
chinbs,
mind to share your experience as well :-) thanks.
shadowy
post Jun 14 2016, 11:47 AM

14 posts

QUOTE(chinbs @ Jun 14 2016, 09:14 AM)
I PM them at FB last Saturday. They said irregular activities and under investigation. Early Monday my account was removed. Later on Monday evening they said their team will come to me shortly. Behind scene calling all my referral to find fault. Called them yesterday and she said investigation will proceed today. Dont understand how they removed account first and find fault later to protect themselves.

Looking at the previous incident, I have no hope D. But angry because they try all out to convict me of cheating, embarrassing me in front of all referral after my so much effort into this in accordance to their T&C. mad.gif  mad.gif
Even call up referral to check??!!??
They are not prepared for all this.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0257sec    0.38    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:30 PM