Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Review SonicGear Titan 11 BTMI 2.1 Speaker Review, 2.1 Speaker System + FM/Bluetooth/AUX/SD

views

TSasunakirito
post Apr 18 2016, 06:55 AM, updated 6y ago

Regular
1,068 posts

Author's Note: The original review is found at ayumilove.net, please head to the site to show us your support as well. Click here to view all my product reviews!

Hi guys! Today I'll be reviewing SonicGear Titan 11 BTMI speaker. This speaker has a unique appearance compared to its siblings (Titan 5, 7 and 9). The satellite speaker has a wavy appearance to match with the look of the subwoofer. The Titan 11 a 2.1 speaker system that can play music via Bluetooth, SD-Card, FM-Radio, USB Flash Drive and the common auxiliary 3.5mm audio cable. The speaker suggested retail price is RM210 (approximately $55 USD) which is priced affordable for budget to mainstream audiophiles. Before diving into the review, let's take a lookt at its features and specifications.

user posted image

Features
1. Stylish Ripple Effect with matching curved buttons.
2. Backlit digital display with audio confirmation when switching audio modes (AUX/Radio/Bluetooth A2DP).
3. Power and volume control.

Specifications
1. Satellite Driver: 2 x 3
2. Satellite Driver Impedance: 6 Ohm
3. Subwoofer Driver: 5.25"
4. Subwoofer Driver Impedance: 8 Ohm
5. Satellite Output Power (RMS): 2 x 12W
6. Subwoofer Output Power (RMS): 26W
7. Total System Power (RMS): 50W
8. Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20KHz
9. S/N Ratio: 70dB
10. Separation: 35dB
11. Distortion: 0.5% (1KHz, 1W)

This post has been edited by asunakirito: May 29 2018, 09:44 AM
TSasunakirito
post Apr 18 2016, 06:55 AM

Regular
1,068 posts

Packaging

Packaging-1: The front of the box presents the an overall setup (dual speaker satellites + subwoofer + remote control). It also shows the audio input capabilities and the output power of 50W total combined. The wavy ripple effect isn't my cup of tea but your preference might differ to mine.
user posted image

Packaging-2: The rear of the box shows the technical specifications of SonicGear Titan 11 speaker as listed above for your convenience.
user posted image

Packaging-3: On the right side, it repeats the speaker technical specifications. I was hoping it could provide other details about the speaker.
user posted image

Packaging-4: On the left side, it displays the speaker's satellite and also ensures that it does not have "Pop" sound upon turning speaker on/off and has lowest static distortion which it's a good thing! This issues commonly occurs on cheaper speaker.
user posted image

TSasunakirito
post Apr 18 2016, 06:56 AM

Regular
1,068 posts

Unboxing

Unboxing-1: The top of the speaker does not have anything special except for SonicGear's slogan "Trust Your Ears".
user posted image

Unboxing-2: Opening up the box reveals the white protective hard foam.
user posted image

Unboxing-3: Removing the top foam cover shows the subwoofer and twin satellite speaker wrapped in plastic to avoid unwanted scratches and dust.
user posted image

Unboxing-4: Extracting these speakers reveals the accessories and user manual guide.
user posted image

Accessories

Accessory-1: SonicGear Titan 11 provides a 3.5mm audio jack to splitted left-right (white-red) audio cable to be connected from PC to speaker. The audio source can be either a PC (computer), smart phone or music player via the 3.5mm audio jack.
user posted image

Accessory-2: This speaker comes with a remote control, as large as the ones found with TV.
user posted image

TSasunakirito
post Apr 18 2016, 06:57 AM

Regular
1,068 posts

Design

Design-1: Here is the front of the satellite speaker. It has the ripple effect appearance which makes them quite unique compared to the other Titan speaker series. This design matches with the one found on the subwoofer.
user posted image

Design-2: There aren't any buttons/knobs on internal sides of the satellite speaker. The material used on this speaker is wood with black vernier with front plastic cover with metallic mesh. The mesh isn't removable, so avoid accidentally spilling liquid into it as it would be difficult to clean it.
user posted image

Design-3: There aren't any buttons/knobs on externals sides of the satellite speaker too. Each satellite speaker weighs approximately 600 grams.
user posted image

Design-4: The satellite speaker cable length measures 38 inches which is a little short when they are placed far apart on desk shelf. With this limitation, the subwoofer had to be placed in the center underneath of the desk. If the cable were 50% longer (50 inches), then the satellite speakers can be placed without being constraint by the position of the subwoofer.
user posted image

Design-5: Each of these speakers has 4 anti-slip pads on the bottom to provide additional friction to prevent it from sliding off the desk. I placed these satellite speakers on it's sides under the dual monitor as I do not have sufficient space and cable length.
user posted image

Design-6: The top of the subwoofer speaker has 2 inputs (1 USB + 1 SD/MMC). The front of it has 6 buttons, starting from top to bottom (Mode, Previous, Play-Pause, Next, Volume Down, Volume Up.) There are 3 modes you can switch to which are Auxiliary (AUX), Radio (FM 100.8) and Bluetooth (BLUE). Your music source (example: PC) will need to have a Bluetooth feature to transmit audio wireless to the speaker Bluetooth receiver. There will be a red L.E.D. display to indicate the type of mode, volume, track, FM frequency etc.
user posted image

Design-7: Here is an overview of the top-side-bottom of the subwoofer. It's raised high 4 durable plastic feet with anti-slip padding.
user posted image

Design-8: The rear of the subwoofer provides the interface to connect to the satellite speakers and also to the audio device via the auxiliary cable. There are no treble volume controller except for the bass. You can fully disable the bass by turning the knob all-to-the-left.
user posted image

Design-9: The power cable length measures 53 inches which is sufficient to connect to a power plug if it's located on the table or floor.
user posted image

TSasunakirito
post Apr 18 2016, 06:57 AM

Regular
1,068 posts

Testing and Conclusion
This is one of the best affordable mainstream 2.1 speaker system I have tested with it's quality matching with other speaker system within the $70~100 USD range. The bass is quite balance, does not overly produce tremor effect nor too bouncy. It does not sound that great with Bluetooth but when paired it with a device that has excellent sound driver such as Realtek ALC1150 with Sound Purity via auxiliary cable, the speaker produces amazing sound quality. There are a couple of things which I dislike about SonicGear Titan 11 2.1 Speaker System. The first is the satellite speaker cable length is a little short, preventing me from placing them further apart on double-decker table. In addition, the subwoofer had to be placed in the center instead of the side of the table in order to have the satellite speaker cable length to be equally distributed when distancing them apart on table. Next issue was the speaker resetting mode and volume. It always starts in standby/idle mode instead of the previously set mode (example: Bluetooth/AUX/FM), so each time you turn it on, you will need to manually change into the mode that you want to listen in. The speaker resets to volume 15 (max is 32), which is approximately 90% loudness and I had to set it back to volume 8 (50% loudness). Power consumption of this speaker on idle/standby is approximately 3~3.3W and 9~12W when playing heavy bass music at volume 8. Light instrumental song consumes less power approximately below 5~8W. If you are looking for a budget 2.1 speaker system that produces great audio quality for money and the issues I mentioned above is a minor concerned for you, I would highly recommend you to consider this speaker as it does sounds much better in overall aspects than branded ones when compared at the same price range.

Pros
1. Excellent treble, mid and bass for its price compared to other products at same price range.
2. Has various audio input sources to play music.
3. Light-weight 2.1 speaker system makes it easy to transport.
4. Does not emit annoying pop-noise upon turning on-off.

Cons
1. Short speaker satellite cables.
2. Volume settings and audio input is reset to default upon turning speaker off.
3. Volume settings seems to be inaccurate (volume of 10 is similar to 100%) and max volume can go to 32.
4. Standby mode consumes a little more power compared to other speaker in market.

SonicGear Titan 11 Videos

SonicGear Titan 11 BTMI Speaker Test (Instrumental, Techno, Bass)

SonicGear Titan 11 BTMI Speaker Closeup View

SonicGear Titan 11 BTMI Speaker (Music, Game, Movie)

This post has been edited by asunakirito: Apr 18 2016, 08:25 PM
kl19871
post Apr 18 2016, 07:51 AM

Getting Started
55 posts

Good job on the review.. sonic gear is doing good job on titan series... after listen to titan 9 in popular fair, can't resist bringing it home
KuzumiTaiga
post Apr 28 2016, 11:33 PM

Spends too much time with mechanical keyboards
3,283 posts

doh.gif but why no wall mounting on the satellites.... deal breaker
TSasunakirito
post Apr 29 2016, 09:08 AM

Regular
1,068 posts

QUOTE(KuzumiTaiga @ Apr 28 2016, 11:33 PM)
doh.gif but why no wall mounting on the satellites.... deal breaker
Yeah, however, you could create your own wall mounting clip and install them on the satellite speaker if you are a DIY/handy-man person (but would void the warranty) smile.gif

But I'm not sure if you would want to have it wall mounted high as the cables are kinda short unless you want to mod that as well.
Kitty_catts
post Jul 27 2016, 03:16 AM

Getting Started
123 posts

Hi, using the radio with the cable provided, is it clear and sounds good?

Besides that, how does this compare to audiobox thor 7000?
nodeffect
post Jul 28 2016, 01:06 PM

Your past does not equal your future.
1,272 posts

sad to say, the design a bit ugly...
ZylonPc
post Nov 7 2016, 03:48 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(asunakirito @ Apr 29 2016, 09:08 AM)
Yeah, however, you could create your own wall mounting clip and install them on the satellite speaker if you are a DIY/handy-man person (but would void the warranty) smile.gif

But I'm not sure if you would want to have it wall mounted high as the cables are kinda short unless you want to mod that as well.
Hey i want to know is this a good speaker? biggrin.gif
user posted image
TSasunakirito
post May 29 2018, 09:26 AM

Regular
1,068 posts

Leapfroglobal is having a store wide discount of 10% from May 3 to June 17 2018 - This applies to the following brands (Armaggeddon, Alcatroz, Audiobox and SonicGear!)

Attached Image Attached Image
Attached Image Attached Image

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

SonicGear Titan Series 2.1 Speaker System

SonicGear Titan 5 BTMI Bluetooth Speaker (7 Pulsating LED) [Free NeoPlug Earset]
https://shopee.com.my/SonicGear-Titan-5-BTM...65113.541491416

SonicGear Titan 7 Pro BTMI Bluetooth Speaker (TF Card/USB/Radio) [Free Earset]
https://shopee.com.my/SonicGear-Titan-7-Pro...65113.135053906

SonicGear Titan 9 BTMI Bluetooth Multimedia Speaker with RGB Light
https://shopee.com.my/SonicGear-Titan-9-BTM...65113.571415564

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by asunakirito: May 29 2018, 09:29 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0154sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled