Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

PS VITA/ PS TV™ Community Thread | V14

views

GamersFamilia
post Mar 26 2016, 04:08 PM

Videogames Enthusiast , An Avid Gamer and Videogames Collector
All Stars
13,042 posts

QUOTE(Mubarak90 @ Mar 26 2016, 02:53 PM)
Betui gak an? Huhu

No point in comparing then, though some things are quite reasonable here, while others are blatantly overpriced. Also, PS TV isn't introduced here am I right? Always only saw PS Vita TV (White) one only. The black one do seem kind of cool and more easily to blend in with the tv and cabinet.
ps vita tv officially introduced here in malaysia 16 jan 2014 after playstation 4 official launched on 20 dec 2013
post Mar 27 2016, 07:50 AM

Regular
1,445 posts

damn Vita is really been given up.... even Super Robot War OG the moon Dwellers one of JP best selling game which all release on the Vita are now being left out.....

Only PS3 and PS4 version available..... T_T
Mubarak90
post Mar 28 2016, 10:11 AM

Casual
482 posts

QUOTE(GamersFamilia @ Mar 26 2016, 04:08 PM)
ps vita tv officially introduced here in malaysia 16 jan 2014 after playstation 4 official launched on 20 dec 2013
No, I mean the black colored PS TV. The white colored one was PS Vita TV right. Never saw the black colored model being sold here, that is why I asked.

QUOTE(0300078 @ Mar 27 2016, 07:50 AM)
damn Vita is really been given up.... even Super Robot War OG the moon Dwellers one of JP best selling game which all release on the Vita are now being left out.....

Only PS3 and PS4 version available..... T_T
I heard that even MLB 16 was cancelled for Vita. That is just sad news.

Mubarak90
post Mar 28 2016, 10:38 AM

Casual
482 posts

5" FHD AMOLED display is now cheaper to manufacture compared to LCD counterpart. biggrin.gif

http://english.etnews.com/20160324200001
http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMOLED-displa...s.161569.0.html

No real reason to no longer use AMOLED display for next PSV, if it's going to come out that is.
BBXiong
post Mar 28 2016, 11:10 AM

CFX
6,316 posts

QUOTE(Mubarak90 @ Mar 24 2016, 03:47 PM)
Oooo new thread. biggrin.gif
That is what fascinating about computer technology. They actually can fit a computer with PS3 computational performance in a handheld. The only limitation is price. PSP have no problem to surpass PSOne and is not that far behind PS2 in terms of game graphics. PS Vita however, barely surpasses PS2 graphics in most of its game.

We actually have really good looking games on the PS Vita, that is why I'm actually surprised that most multiplat games failed to look good on the Vita. Any First Person Shooter game can look good if they're developed on the Killzone:Mercenary game engine with similar assets.

Not really complaining here, but more like I'm interested to find out why it failed to produce better multiplat games. Hurm~
I believe if the clockspeed runs as per phones, it would be around PS3, technically speaking. CPU can go up to 1.5Ghz but it is only running 333mhz for most games, and some games can reach 444mhz by disabling the wifi. Problem is that Sony sets a 'power limit' to most their game, and it's very low, so low that CPU are only running 1/5th speed compared to phone that use. While the GPU is the same as what used in an iPad 3( the new iPad ), clockspeed is also much lower, hence the limitation on performance. I'd hope to see Sony open up the power limit and allow around double the clock speed that we have now. Then it would be interesting to see again what a Vita is capable of. I dont mind my Vita having ~3 hours of battery life, powerbanks are almost everywhere these days anyway biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Mubarak90 @ Mar 28 2016, 10:38 AM)
5" FHD AMOLED display is now cheaper to manufacture compared to LCD counterpart. biggrin.gif

http://english.etnews.com/20160324200001
http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMOLED-displa...s.161569.0.html

No real reason to no longer use AMOLED display for next PSV, if it's going to come out that is.
That's interesting to see, if Sony is still coming out with another iteration. I suspect it would be another handheld that would have a scaled matching performance to the PS4.5, or PS5
GamersFamilia
post Mar 28 2016, 12:31 PM

All Stars
13,042 posts

QUOTE(Mubarak90 @ Mar 28 2016, 10:11 AM)
No, I mean the black colored PS TV. The white colored one was PS Vita TV right. Never saw the black colored model being sold here, that is why I asked.
even in their official website , only white color listed for the ps vita tv , thats why hardly to see black color
Mubarak90
post Mar 28 2016, 01:52 PM

Casual
482 posts

QUOTE(BBXiong @ Mar 28 2016, 11:10 AM)
I believe if the clockspeed runs as per phones, it would be around PS3, technically speaking. CPU can go up to 1.5Ghz but it is only running 333mhz for most games, and some games can reach 444mhz by disabling the wifi. Problem is that Sony sets a 'power limit' to most their game, and it's very low, so low that CPU are only running 1/5th speed compared to phone that use. While the GPU is the same as what used in an iPad 3( the new iPad ), clockspeed is also much lower, hence the limitation on performance. I'd hope to see Sony open up the power limit and allow around double the clock speed that we have now. Then it would be interesting to see again what a Vita is capable of. I dont mind my Vita having ~3 hours of battery life, powerbanks are almost everywhere these days anyway biggrin.gif
That's interesting to see, if Sony is still coming out with another iteration. I suspect it would be another handheld that would have a scaled matching performance to the PS4.5, or PS5
I see, so it is because of aggressive under-clocking. Well, maybe the under-clocking was necessary due to the limitations of 45nm fab process which consumes a lot of energy and generates a lot of heat. Currently, there are smaller process node which is either the older 28nm or the newer (possibly significant increase in cost) 14nm processes available. With this, the CPU and GPU should be more power efficient that would allow it to be clocked at twice or even 3 times the current speed without consuming that much energy. That's why it would be interesting if Sony would extend the life of PSV with a new model with updated SOC that runs faster which results in better frame-rate in gaming overall.

QUOTE(GamersFamilia @ Mar 28 2016, 12:31 PM)
even in their official website , only white color listed for the ps vita tv , thats why hardly to see black color
I see, thanks for the info. Sad to hear that PSV TV life ended so soon. Even PSV isn't getting the support it should've have.
BBXiong
post Mar 28 2016, 03:29 PM

CFX
6,316 posts

QUOTE(Mubarak90 @ Mar 28 2016, 01:52 PM)
I see, so it is because of aggressive under-clocking. Well, maybe the under-clocking was necessary due to the limitations of 45nm fab process which consumes a lot of energy and generates a lot of heat. Currently, there are smaller process node which is either the older 28nm or the newer (possibly significant increase in cost) 14nm processes available. With this, the CPU and GPU should be more power efficient that would allow it to be clocked at twice or even 3 times the current speed without consuming that much energy. That's why it would be interesting if Sony would extend the life of PSV with a new model with updated SOC that runs faster which results in better frame-rate in gaming overall.
I see, thanks for the info. Sad to hear that PSV TV life ended so soon. Even PSV isn't getting the support it should've have.
45nm process is one thing, the heat and the power draw for higher processor clock speed is increase exponentially. While i understand why Sony did this, I believe an option to allow user increase them to a 'super performance mode' with decrease battery life would also be a far better choice. Then more games can actually utilize this mode and we can get higher graphic/better performance. Like i said, I wouldnt really mind lower battery life, PS Vita battery life as it is now can last me for 2 or more play sessions, my concern is more towards the heat.

Let's hope custom vita firmware and allow us to eventually clock it to higher speed.

for your second statement, i believe Sony already declared that no more first party game for the Vita, which already means "we are not supporting Vita anymore with our first patty game", good thing is that it's still strong enough in japanese market for many companies to port games over.

This post has been edited by BBXiong: Mar 28 2016, 03:30 PM
Mubarak90
post Mar 28 2016, 03:39 PM

Casual
482 posts

True, I agree that Sony should at least allow user to toggle between default and high performance. But if they release an updated SOC, having that SOC clocked up to 3x the current clockspeed would be possible. The new 3DS have this hack, and it makes the games run smoother.
TSRei7
post Mar 29 2016, 08:39 PM

Game, anime and headphones ❤️
1,665 posts

Haven't renewed PS+ since November last year.. lol Free games this days kinda suck, only those game discounts is nice at times.
For multiplayer games, there isn't any i'm playing right now. But maybe that Attack on Titan game might tempt me to subscribe again.

This post has been edited by Rei7: Mar 29 2016, 08:39 PM
aziratul
post Mar 30 2016, 08:36 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

Still many game that i bought all not play yet. biggrin.gif
Mubarak90
post Mar 30 2016, 02:50 PM

Casual
482 posts

There's a review on Attack On Titan (PS Vita) and it shows that the Vita version really had trouble with Popup Enemies and Quick Time Events, but those are the 2 flaws that really affected gameplay in anyway that is. Other than that, the game plays fine.
TSRei7
post Mar 30 2016, 02:53 PM

1,665 posts

Not gonna play that on Vita, obviously better on PS4, or better yet wait for PC version. Since Koei pretty much releases their game on PC now.
Mubarak90
post Mar 30 2016, 02:57 PM

Casual
482 posts

But previously it showed that PC version is always similar to PS3 version rather than PS4, so it might be better to go with PS4 if you plan on playing it best.
raymondtong94
post Apr 1 2016, 10:47 AM

Choco-chan daisuki!
11,096 posts

Currently my Vita serves as a JRPG machine. tongue.gif
Still, have many backlog that I haven't played yet.
TSRei7
post Apr 2 2016, 05:58 AM

1,665 posts

I totally forgot I still have Digimon Cyber Sleuth in my backlogs of games.. Should try and finish it before next week ends.
After playing Fire Emblem Fates.. totally forgot about it.. plus SFV and Pokken Tournament as side games to play.

Wanna buy DoA Extreme 3 tomorrow also brows.gif
aziratul
post Apr 2 2016, 07:20 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

Ehem ehem.... DoA aaaa... Emmmmmm
GamersFamilia
post Apr 2 2016, 07:28 AM

All Stars
13,042 posts

Ok what , doa xtreme 3 good for our eyes ... Our eyes need exercise too
TSRei7
post Apr 2 2016, 03:33 PM

1,665 posts

QUOTE(aziratul @ Apr 2 2016, 07:20 AM)
Ehem ehem.... DoA aaaa... Emmmmmm
QUOTE(GamersFamilia @ Apr 2 2016, 07:28 AM)
Ok what , doa xtreme 3 good for our eyes ... Our eyes need exercise too
Ready to buy today.. but looked at the price for PS4 version at RM280.. mega_shok.gif
Will wait for 50% discount instead laugh.gif

But then PSN store at least RM240. Will think about it, oh the dilemma
raymondtong94
post Apr 2 2016, 08:23 PM

Choco-chan daisuki!
11,096 posts

Trying to plat moero chronicle, and it's been 78 hours and I'm still grinding. bangwall.gif

32 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0183sec    0.69    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:01 PM