Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Sennheiser Headphones/Earphones Fan Club V3, Legend continues.... (Headphones)

views

yang2910
post Mar 11 2016, 08:11 PM

Audiophilic Member
Group: Senior Member

HD650 user here smile.gif
yang2910
post Aug 6 2016, 05:13 PM

Audiophilic Member

QUOTE(FaezFarhan @ Aug 6 2016, 01:27 PM)
I see, I've tried both yesterday & I kinda like the vocal clarity on the HD600 a bit more, though I'm worried that it might be fatiguing..
The HD series are pretty amp dependant actually. Certain amps like La Figaro is able to bring out the sweet vocal out from Hd600. But it's never sibilant for HD600. It doesn't have that spike like his bro Hd800 do. So it won't be fatiguing after long hours of listening. But I only compared it in certain amps in Starpicker. Still ended up with Hd650 in the end for a better all rounder and a more body. But Starpicker have a lots of amps that pairs really well with sennheiser HD6xx series. I love the pairing of La Figaro and Audio GD. But now looking to try out little dot mkiv.
yang2910
post Aug 6 2016, 11:23 PM

Audiophilic Member

QUOTE(FaezFarhan @ Aug 6 2016, 09:00 PM)
I just tried it with the Chord Mojo because at home I have the Grace M9XX which is very similar to the Mojo. I didn't bring it here so I just used the Mojo. I can't really tell that much of a difference between the HD600/650 though. Probably because of my noob ears. So that's why I don't know if I can justify the RM700-ish price difference. Decisions decisions.
Oh. That's a decent source. But they goes well with tubes also. It's hard to justify the Rm700 difference. As for me, both of these headphones are on the same league. For Hd650, it excels in the bass department when compared to Hd600. Hd600 have a more forward mids compared to Hd650. It's back to preference. Or u can invest in a Hd600 and the Rm700+few hundreds more bucks for a tube amp to go with it. biggrin.gif
yang2910
post Aug 7 2016, 04:34 AM

Audiophilic Member

QUOTE(FaezFarhan @ Aug 7 2016, 03:59 AM)
Damnnnnnn the price on Amazon tho. Thank you so much for letting me know. I will probably get the HD650 instead! This makes it hard lol

I already have an Aune T1se but not too sure if it'll sound well with the HD6X0.. I'll have to try it out first.. After trying the demo units at Starspicker, I find that the songs I tried made the HD600 sound better.. The songs were vocal-focused.. I listen mostly to mainstream though.. But after a while the clamp pressure was bothering me a bit.. I love vocal clarity, but find the HD650 very very close to the sound of the HD600..
What a coincidence. I am using Aune T1 too for my Hd650. Hvnt been able to fund an upgrade of amp lol. Both the headphones are at the same league as I mentioned. But upgrade cable does a great magic on my HD650 too. The Symphonic Cable. You should really try it. And also, a headphone calibration program called Sonarworks, some say it is just gimmicks, coz it uses eq to make my HD650 sounds more balanced. It's actually a plug in for media player. But, the engineer behind sonarworks had done alot of research and calibration to attain that EQ. It cost $99. But for me it's worth for the upgrade. You can also have a look at it.

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1027sec    3.37    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th July 2019 - 12:05 PM