The Development of Region Specific Urban Rainfall-Runoff Prediction Model

No. of Vacant(s):
1 (one)

Appointment Duration:
February 2017 - January 2018

Stipend:
RM2,500.00/month

Education Level:
Bachelor in Civil Engineering (or Master in Civil Engineering)

Specific Skills / Knowledge Required:
Microsoft Excel, SPSS and Visual Basic

Job Description:
Full time Master (of PhD) student to develop a region specific urban rainfall-runoff prediction model with the aim to adddress urban flooding risks in Malaysia (The extension of the appointment tenure is pending upon research progress and results).

If you are interested, please contact Mr Ling Lloyd by email at linglloyd@utar.edu.my
TScnvery
post Jan 18 2017, 10:04 PM

Regular
1,831 posts

Source: http://research.utar.edu.my/opp_vac/2017(02).jsp

Studies of sialic acids and nutritional composition of slimes from Malaysian gastropods

No. of Vacant(s):
1 (one)

Appointment Duration:
March 2017 - February 2018

Stipend:
RM2,500.00/month

Education Level:
Bachelor of Science in Food Science, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or related field
Specific Skills / Knowledge Required: With strong foundation or background in chemistry and food science. Candidate graduated from recognized universities with CGPA > 3.0 is preferable.

Job Description:
Full-time research towards obtaining a M.Sc. Research title is ‘Studies of sialic acids and nutritional composition of slimes from Malaysian gastropods.’

Interested applicants please send CV, with two references

If you are interested, please contact Dr Ong Mei Kying email at ongmk@utar.edu.my

This post has been edited by cnvery: Jan 18 2017, 10:04 PM
TScnvery
post Jan 27 2017, 08:01 PM

Regular
1,831 posts

Source: http://research.utar.edu.my/opp_vac/2017(03).jsp

Modelling an electrically small corner reflector antenna using the method-of-images

No. of Vacant(s):
1 (one)

Appointment Duration:

Stipend:
RM2,500.00/month

Education Level:
Minimum Bachelor degree with CGPA (2.5 and above)

Antenna Design, Electromagnetics, or Microwave Engineering. Have some knowledge in MATLAB.

Job Description:
A corner reflector antenna is made up of two rectangular metal plates that are connected at one end. Typically, the plates are connected at an angle of 90º. A feed antenna which usually is a dipole, is used as the radiating element in the corner reflector. The dipole is placed right in front of the vertex of the reflector at a distance away from it, which is called the feed-to-vertex spacing. Corner reflector is used to direct the emanated waves from the feed to a desired direction. The analysis of the corner reflector antenna is usually performed using method-of-images, due to its simplicity. However, in method-of-images the reflector plate is assumed to be of infinite extent. This leads to inaccurate prediction of the radiation properties of corner reflector antennas. These inaccuracies are more profound in the case of feed-to-vertex spacing of more than 0.7l. In the traditional method-of-images, this corner reflector problem is modelled as a set of 3 images. Two of the images are 180º out of phase and one is in-phase with the source. The images and the source, four altogether, occupies a 90º-sector each and the resultant array factor is calculated for the corner reflector. Unfortunately, this simple model does not take into account the finite length of the reflector plates. In the case of small feed-to-vertex distances, whereby the reflector plates are electrically large, the “infinite plates” assumption of the method-of-images would hold and a reasonably matched radiation pattern can be derived using the method-of-images. However, if the feed-to-vertex spacing increases by more than 0.7l, the reflector plates can no longer be assumed to be electrically large. The use of the traditional method-of-images results in erroneous radiation pattern prediction. Nulls and peaks of beam are wrongly predicted in the included angle of the corner reflector. In this project, the method-of-images is studied for a small ground plane. It is found that for a finite ground plane, a weight (<1) can be applied to the image and the image can also be split into a few discrete points. Furthermore, the images are shifted nearer to the ground as opposed to the traditional method-of-images. Traditionally the number of image charges for a square-corner reflector is 3, however, by applying the modified method-of-images, 16 image charges are obtained. Preliminary studies shows that these modifications to the traditional method-of-images produces radiation pattern that resembles closer to the actual pattern. Candidate will be required to extend this work to come up with a full theoretical explanation on how the new method-of-images can help to explain the radiation pattern.

If you are interested, please contact Ir Dr Gobi Vetharatnam email at gobiv@utar.edu.my
TScnvery
post Jan 27 2017, 08:05 PM

Regular
1,831 posts

Source: http://research.utar.edu.my/opp_vac/2017(04).jsp

The design and development of a fully automated MR Image cartilage detection and segmentation framework

No. of Vacant(s):
1 (one)

Appointment Duration:

Stipend:
RM2,500.00/month

Education Level:
Bachelor degree in Engineering (Biomedical, Mechatronics, Electronics)

Basic mathematics, programming, and artificial intelligence knowledge .

Job Description:
- Preprocess the collected data
- Design machine learning algorithm to solve the particular problem
- Perform automated region-of-interest detection technique
- To code the designed algorithm Testing and Optimization for the codes .

If you are interested, please contact Ir Dr Hum Yan Chai email at humyc@utar.edu.my

This post has been edited by cnvery: Jan 27 2017, 08:11 PM
TScnvery
post Jan 27 2017, 08:09 PM

Regular
1,831 posts

Source: http://research.utar.edu.my/opp_vac/2017(05).jsp

Development of Polymers for Packaging Materials

No. of Vacant(s):
1 (one)

Appointment Duration:
1 year

Stipend:
RM2,500.00/month

Education Level:
Bachelor degree in relevant fields
Specific Skills / Knowledge Required: Bachelor Degree

Job Description:
• Development of graphene/metal based polymer composite
• Characterization of the properties of polymer composite
• Measure packaging properties of graphene based composite polymer

If you are interested, please contact Dr. Sujan Chowdhury email at sujan@utar.edu.my

This post has been edited by cnvery: Jan 27 2017, 08:10 PM
TScnvery
post Jan 27 2017, 08:12 PM

Regular
1,831 posts

Source: http://research.utar.edu.my/opp_vac/2017(06).jsp

Guava waste valorization through chemical treatments

No. of Vacant(s):
1 (one)

Appointment Duration:
1 March 2017 - 28 February 2018

Stipend:
RM2,500.00/month

Education Level:
B. Science (Hons) Chemistry or B. Science (Hons) Biochemistry or B.Science (Hons) Biological Chemistry

Able to use software such as Microsoft Excel to plot graph
Able to communicate effectively

Job Description:
1. To involve in experiment design to achieve the project objectives
2. To assist in initiate and follow-up purchasing of material for the project
3. To involve in carrying out experiments as scheduled.
4. To involve in analyzing results and report-writing
5. To involve in experiments demonstration to Final Year Project students

If you are interested, please contact Dr. Chang Ying Ping email at changyp@utar.edu.my
TScnvery
post Feb 7 2017, 10:23 PM

Regular
1,831 posts

Source: http://research.utar.edu.my/opp_vac/2017(07).jsp

Development of Climate Change Decision Support System for Cameron Highlands using Drivers, Pressure, State, Impact and Response (DPSIR) Framework

No. of Vacant(s):
1 (one)

Appointment Duration:
1 April 2017 - 31 March 2018

Stipend:
RM2,500.00/month

Education Level:
B. Science (Hons)
Specific Skills / Knowledge Required: Environmental Science/ Statistical analysis. Candidate must have good interpersonal skills and good team work spirit

Job Description:
Candidate is able to register as Master of Engineering Science student in FEGT. The research activities include the following:
1. Conduct statistical analysis and synthesis climate change modeling and observation data
2. Compile research outcomes based on UTAR guideline

If you are interested, please contact Dr. Tan Kok Weng email at tankokweng@utar.edu.my
TScnvery
post Mar 27 2017, 10:15 PM

Regular
1,831 posts

Source: http://research.utar.edu.my/opp_vac/2017(08).jsp

1. Computational Electromagnetics In Scattering Interactions Of Earth Terrain For Remote Sensing Modeling
2. Development Of Microwave Remote Sensing Model For Monitoring Sea Ice Changes In Global Climate System k

No. of Vacant(s):
2 (two)

Appointment Duration:
May 2017 - 30 May 2018

Stipend:
RM2,700.00/month (EPF included)

Education Level:
Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications/Microwave Engineering, Computer Science or related fields (CGPA 3.0 and above)

Programming Skill, Communication Skill

Job Description :
The project aims to study and develop a theoretical model that will enable the study of remote sensing of environment. The outcome of this model will assist in the interpretation of satellite radar images from the terrain through satellite image processing. This project will involve theoretical modelling, computer programming, image processing and analytical problem solving. Depending on the interest and qualification of the research assistants appointed, he/she will be assigned to work on certain parts of the project.

If you are interested, please contact Prof. Dr. Ewe Hong Tat via email at eweht@utar.edu.my
TScnvery
post Jun 10 2017, 04:21 PM

Regular
1,831 posts

Source: http://research.utar.edu.my/opp_vac/2017(09).jsp

Performance improvement of solar photovoltaic system in tropics via temperature reduction measures

No. of Vacant(s):
1 (one)

Appointment Duration:
July 2017 - June 2018

Stipend:
RM2,500.00/month

Education Level:
Postgraduate studies by research (bachelor Degree with CGPA 2.7 or above)

Basic knowledge in electronics or physics. Candidate should be hardworking, willing to work under the sun occasionally, willing to learn and have good attitude.

Job Description:
1. To evaluate the performance improvement of several ventilation and cooling measures for solar photovoltaic system under tropical climate.
2. To model the temperature distribution profile of solar modules under tropical climate.
3. To develop an optimal photovoltaic modules cooling system with 10% improvement in performance-economic factor for tropical climate.

If you are interested, please contact Dr Lim Boon Han via email at limbhan@utar.edu.my
TScnvery
post Jun 10 2017, 04:28 PM

Regular
1,831 posts

Source: http://research.utar.edu.my/opp_vac/2017(10).jsp

Potential of agarophyte Gracilaria changii extract in ameliorating infertility due to oxidative stress induced by bis-phenol A on murine model.

No. of Vacant(s):
1 (one)

Appointment Duration:
July 2017 - June 2018

Stipend:
RM2,500.00/month

Education Level:
BSc. (Hons) Biotechnology /Biomedical Science/Agriculture [CGPA: 2.90 and above]

Animal tissue culture and histology skill

Job Description:
The research project is mainly to study the effect of seaweed compound in ameliorating infertility due to BPA exposure on murine model. The technique developed can be applied on human fertility treatment and histopathology clinical work in future. The details of project will be revealed through an interview session.

If you are interested, please contact Dr. Kwong Phek Jin via email at kwongpj@utar.edu.my
TScnvery
post Jun 10 2017, 04:32 PM

Regular
1,831 posts

Source: http://research.utar.edu.my/opp_vac/2017(11).jsp

Microwave-assisted synthesis, inhibitory activities and structure-activity relationship study of 4-phenylcoumarin derivatives as inhibitors of growth of human nasopharyngeal cancer cell lines.

No. of Vacant(s):
1 (one)

Appointment Duration:
July 2017 - June 2018

Stipend:
RM2,500.00/month

Education Level:
Applicant with a good Bachelor degree in Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or other relevant fields (CGPA 3.0 and above). Only Malaysian candidates will be considered.

Good command of English.
Able to work independently and self motivated.
Prior experience in chemical synthesis, chromatographic techniques, NMR analyses and cell culture assays would be advantageous.
A good publication track record is an added advantage.

Job Description :
The applicants are required to enrolled in MSc Program in UTAR with a scope of job to carry out chemical synthesis of phenylccumarin derivatives, to purify synthetic compounds via recrystallization and chromatographic methods, to characterize the structure of isolated compounds via NMR, MS, UV, IR and other instrumental analyses, to investigate the cytotoxic properties of isolated compounds towards a panel of human cancer cell lines via MTT method and to conduct antioxidant assay on the isolated compound.

If you are interested, please contact Dr. Lim Chan Kiang via email at cklim@utar.edu.my
TScnvery
post Jun 10 2017, 04:36 PM

Regular
1,831 posts

Source: http://research.utar.edu.my/opp_vac/2017(12).jsp

Compliance with Safety Practices among Medical Professionals: Exploring The Link between Organizational Safety Climate, and Safe Work Practices towards a Quality Healthcare and Patient Safety

No. of Vacant(s):
1 (one)

Appointment Duration:
July 2017 - June 2018

Stipend:
RM2,500.00/month

Education Level:
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Occupational Safety and Health Management, Healthcare Management or related field (CGPA > 2.75)

1. Strong foundation in qualitative and quantitative research.
2. Able to use statistical software.
3. Good interpersonal skills and good team work spirit.
4. Able to communicate effectively.
5. Excellent written and oral presentation skills in English.
6. Able to work independently, self-starter and diligent.

Job Description :
1. Register and pursue Master of Philosophy programme in UTAR.
2. The candidate is expected to conduct research, present reports and publish research findings.
3. Support the project leader in works associated with the research.

If you are interested, please contact Dr. Au Yong Hui Nee via email at auyonghn@utar.edu.my
TScnvery
post Jun 10 2017, 04:41 PM

Regular
1,831 posts

Source: http://research.utar.edu.my/opp_vac/2017(13).jsp

Development of Intelligent Pipeline Integrity Management System Phase-1 using Ultra Long Range Acoustic Technology

No. of Vacant(s):
2 (two)

Appointment Duration:
1 July 2017 - 31 December 2018

Stipend:
RM4,000.00/month

Education Level:
Bachelor of Engineering

Skills required - Basic computing skill, computer aided design, experimental analysis and willing to learn developing new computer algorithm.

Job Description :
The candidates should hold a recognized BEng (MechEng) and BEng (Electrical) degrees and have two to three years of demonstrated work experience in the area of mechanical and electrical engineering disciplines, such as oil and gas industry, engineering design and vibration/acoustic , signal processing, wireless communication,testing/instrumentation. The tasks include but not limited to the following:

1. Assist in setting up experimental test rig including sourcing of sensors, equipment and instrumentation.
2. Assist in developing sensor/s and communication system for long range assessment of pipe internal conditions.
3. Conduct experimental tests and compilation of results.
4. Develop artificial defects (corrosion, erosion, etc.) in pipe for accelerated defect in pipeline.
5. Assist in developing defect detection algorithms.
6. Assist in developing acoustic sensors for long range detection.
7. Compilation of experimental reports and publication of results.

If you are interested, please contact Prof. Dr. Faidz Abd Rahman via email at faidzar@utar.edu.my
TScnvery
post Jun 10 2017, 04:54 PM

Regular
1,831 posts

Source: http://research.utar.edu.my/opp_vac/2017(14).jsp

Skills for Industry 4.0 and STEM Education

No. of Vacant(s):
1 (one)

Appointment Duration:
1 July 2017 - 31 September 2017

Stipend:
RM2,500.00/month (EPF & SOCSO)

Education Level:
Bachelor degree
Good oral presentation and written skills in English

Job Description :
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible for all activities related to the research project. This includes literature reviews, involve in interviews and focus groups activities, administering survey, report writing and any other related job assigned by the project leaders.

If you are interested, please contact Prof. Dr. Cheng Ming Yu via email at chengmy@utar.edu.my
TScnvery
post Jul 1 2017, 09:23 AM

Regular
1,831 posts

Source: http://research.utar.edu.my/opp_vac/2017(15).jsp

Does social network sites (SMN) improve quality of life (QoL) among Malaysian elderly? Examining the predictors of intention to use SMN.

No. of Vacant(s):
1 (one)

Appointment Duration:
1 July 2017 - 30 Jun 2018

Stipend:
RM2,500.00/month

Education Level:
Graduate in Social Science, CGPA above 2.75

Willing to travel for fieldwork for data collection.

Job Description :
1. Register and pursue Master of Philosophy programme in FAS, UTAR.
2. The candidate is expected to conduct fieldwork, key in data and some administrative tasks, such as making call to contact NGOs.
3. May need to travel outstations to assist researchers for fieldwork.

If you are interested, please contact Dr Siah Poh Chua via email at siahpc@utar.edu.my
TScnvery
post Jul 1 2017, 09:26 AM

Regular
1,831 posts

Source: http://research.utar.edu.my/opp_vac/2017(16).jsp

Thermal behaviors and catalytic properties study of first row transition metal oxides towards carbonation of alkaline earth metal oxides.

No. of Vacant(s):
1 (one)

Appointment Duration:

Stipend:
RM2,500.00/month

Education Level:
Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent (CGPA 2.5 and above)

Fundamental in chemical reaction engineering and data analyzing.

Job Description :
1. Candidate must be willing to pursue master degree in engineering.
2. To carry out the research experimental works in CO2 capture.
3. To perform analysis based on the data collected.

If you are interested, please contact Dr Lee Zhi Hua via email at leezh@utar.edu.my
TScnvery
post Jul 1 2017, 09:29 AM

Regular
1,831 posts

Source: http://research.utar.edu.my/opp_vac/2017(17).jsp

Investigations on the performance of supported liquid membrane using green materials and strip dispersion configuration in the removal of heavy metals from water

No. of Vacant(s):
1 (one)

Appointment Duration:

Stipend:
RM2,500.00/month

Education Level:
Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent (CGPA 2.5 and above)

Fundamental knowledge in chemical engineering and mass transfer. Able to work independently and self motivated.

Job Description :
1. Candidate must be willing to pursue master degree in engineering.
2. To carry out the research experimental works in liquid membrane characterization and operation in water treatment.
3. The candidate is expected to conduct research, present reports and publish research findings.
4. Support the project leader in works associated with the research.

If you are interested, please contact Dr Ng Yee Sern via email at ngys@utar.edu.my
TScnvery
post Jul 1 2017, 09:31 AM

Regular
1,831 posts

Source: http://research.utar.edu.my/opp_vac/2017(18).jsp

Cellulosic membrane fabrication using agricultural waste from palm oil industry: empty fruit bunches

No. of Vacant(s):
1 (one)

Appointment Duration:
1 June 2017 - 31 May 2018

Stipend:
RM3,300.00/month

Education Level:
Master in Science or equivalent

Analytical skills

Job Description :
1. Candidate must be willing to pursue PhD. in engineering.
2. To carry out the research experimental works in membrane technology
3. The candidate is expected to conduct research, present reports and publish research findings.
4. Support the project leader in works associated with the research.

If you are interested, please contact Dr Ng Law Yong via email at lyng@utar.edu.my
TScnvery
post Jan 12 2018, 10:33 PM

Regular
1,831 posts

Source: http://research.utar.edu.my/opp_vac/2018(01).jsp

Association of umami taste receptor gene variants with protein eating behavior, obesity and serum uric acid

No. of Vacant(s) : 1 (one)
Appointment Duration: 1 January 2018 - 31 December 2018
Stipend : RM2,500.00/month
Education Level : Bachelor of Science from recognized universities in health sciences-related research areas
Specific Skills / Knowledge Required: Sensory evaluation, anthropometric measurements, dietary assessment, DNA extraction & genotyping, biochemical assessment.
Job Description : Candidates must have a good BSc. (Hons) from recognized universities in health sciences-related degrees (biomedical science, biochemistry, nutrition, dietetics, etc.), with a cGPA of >2.75. Prior experience with the techniques above is an added advantage. Only Malaysian candidates will be considered.

If you are interested, please contact Dr. Say Yee How via email at sayyh@utar.edu.my

This post has been edited by cnvery: Jan 12 2018, 10:43 PM
TScnvery
post Jan 12 2018, 10:37 PM

Regular
1,831 posts

Source: http://research.utar.edu.my/opp_vac/2018(02).jsp

Using aging workforces’ cognitive, affective, and psychomotor abilities to enhance their and other employees’ work performance – A case in higher education institutions

No. of Vacant(s): 1 (one)
Appointment Duration: 1 January 2018 - 31 December 2018
Stipend: RM3,300.00/month
Education Level: A Master degree in Business or Social Science and meet the institution’s minimum entry requirement.
Specific Skills / Knowledge Required: Willing to learn data analytical and academic writing skills.
Job Description: Register and pursue Doctor of Philosophy programme in Faculty of Business and Finance, FBF, in Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR).

If you are interested, please contact Dr. Chong Yee Lee via email at chongyl@utar.edu.my

7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0201sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:26 AM