Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Blur windscreen after applying watermark removal, Ask for solution

views

ktek
post Aug 21 2017, 07:21 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,549 posts

sofar no good experience, dad went car wash shop did removal.
result is ruin night driving
spongebong
post Sep 1 2017, 10:36 PM

19 posts

No luck after polish glass using normal polish compound. Watermark product clearly says not to apply at wiper area .sigh Attached Image Attached Image
ramlimehat
post Apr 3 2018, 08:10 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(leeweixian88 @ Feb 9 2016, 06:04 PM)
Hello Sifus,

I have purchased a watermark removal from shopping centre last week and DIY to remove the watermarks on windscreeen. I have also applied Rain X after the cleaning.

The windscreen looks fine from outside. But, it is blur (wavy look, e.g. defect film) from inside and affecting my vision.

May I know what caused this? And, how to solve this??

The photo with timestamp at 2100 is taken from inside, the 2059 is taken from outside. The quality is not that good, I will upload the day time photos tomorrow.
I am facing same issue dan problem after I used Watermark Remover.
mot88
post Apr 4 2018, 11:46 AM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(ramlimehat @ Apr 3 2018, 08:10 PM)
I am facing same issue dan problem after I used Watermark Remover.
Previously, some used Meguairs M105 and machine polish off the blurring due to acid. Can also try to use commercial alkaline based cleaner (such as EP Eco- Kleen sold at HomePro at tiles section) to neutralise the acid. The blurness will disappear after months, usually 6 to 12 months if nothing is done.

This post has been edited by mot88: Apr 4 2018, 11:47 AM
kelvin_87
post Apr 4 2018, 12:44 PM

Casual
312 posts

I use watermark removal occasionally to clear my Vios windscreen every half a year, I am resolve this issue follow these steps: http://www.carreviewsncare.com/auto-glass-...ks-remover-diy/
rgchai
post Apr 26 2018, 11:24 AM

Getting Started
167 posts

Sorry to bring up this old topic as I have similar issue as well.

By early this year, I changed my wiper to BOSCH Aerotwin Wiper Blade early this year and the screen is in perfect clean condition during raining except no repel water effect. Recently I used the Soft 99 Glass Stain Cleaner to polish the clean and windscreen, then following by applying Soft99 Glaco Ultra hope to improve the water repellent effect.

After that, by the next day, I realized that the wiper leave full of tiny haze like lines in both direction, but the lines disappeared in second. If at early morning cool weather, the lines could stay for few seconds before disappear. I'm not sure if this is what people called it as smearing. Don't think the lines are caused by my wiper as it's perfectly clean before this.

To test it further, I tried to remove the water repellent effect using Soft 99 Glass Stain Cleaner again, and using it to clean the wiper blade as well. Now the water repellent effect is gone, but the tiny lines effect still there. Worst case is now the running wiper leave some sort of 'white' mark on about 70% of the windscreen, seemed like due to oil or wax. This white mark will disappear in few seconds if I stopped the wiper from running. I tried to change my wiper back to the old one today, but seemed still the same, with temporary tiny lines and white oil mark.

I will try to use another windscreen polisher to clean the screen again this weekend to see if any help on it. Quite annoying especially with the white mark on screen, can't see it clearly during raining day.

Not sure if anyone of you have idea on how to solve it?
BigMan123
post May 21 2018, 10:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,426 posts

QUOTE(spongebong @ Aug 21 2017, 04:06 PM)
Had same problem when sent to watermark removal by some shop in ipoh.even sent back to tint shop initially bcos suspect tint problem.the problem is more obvious during night bcos light glare appear vertical.see pic[attachmentid=9064027]
Did you resolve this finally?
rajlesta00
post Sep 6 2018, 03:28 PM

Lfcywna
463 posts

Guys, here is my advice. I had this issue as well after stupidly applied VAL watermark removal on front windscreen. I could see that terrible white marks/haze under direct sunlight, and during night it was too much of glare against any upcoming lights....

i tried Amway Polish, Meguiar Wax, Dish drops liquids, and so on..
Nothing worked.

The only method which worked for me was... To polish the windscreen using Cerium Oxide powder (you can google or there are some youtube videos).. it is a chemical powder (orange in color) and it is used to remove minor scratches on any glass surface. It is safe, not acid. I did this at a car wash shop in Shah Alam Sek 20. Just need a polisher machine and buff the surface (screen) using cerium oxide powder + water. Must be done in wet condition. Dont let it dry while buffing, add water from time to time.

There is one local company selling this powder (cerium oxide glass polishing powder) online Shopee/FB. Factory is located in Puchong.

Kleenson Glass Powder.

If you buy from China via online, it is much cheaper + more quantity. But you have to wait for shipment.

I did this and my screen is 80 - 90% better now.
eksoon
post Nov 25 2018, 09:01 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(rajlesta00 @ Sep 6 2018, 03:28 PM)
Guys, here is my advice. I had this issue as well after stupidly applied VAL watermark removal on front windscreen. I could see that terrible white marks/haze under direct sunlight, and during night it was too much of glare against any upcoming lights....

i tried Amway Polish, Meguiar Wax, Dish drops liquids, and so on..
Nothing worked.

The only method which worked for me was... To polish the windscreen using Cerium Oxide powder (you can google or there are some youtube videos).. it is a chemical powder (orange in color) and it is used to remove minor scratches on any glass surface. It is safe, not acid. I did this at a car wash shop in Shah Alam Sek 20. Just need a polisher machine and buff the surface (screen) using cerium oxide powder + water. Must be done in wet condition. Dont let it dry while buffing, add water from time to time.

There is one local company selling this powder (cerium oxide glass polishing powder) online Shopee/FB. Factory is located in Puchong.

Kleenson Glass Powder.

If you buy from China via online, it is much cheaper + more quantity. But you have to wait for shipment.

I did this and my screen is 80 - 90% better now.
Thanks~~ It is good to know that it can be repaired by using cerium oxide glass polishing powder. May I know whether you polished your screen with rotary tool? Or just rub by hand?
mikehwy
post Dec 1 2018, 04:48 PM

10k Club
All Stars
17,099 posts

old thread bumped.

i have the same issue now after using a watermark remover from Shopee. left windscreen has blurry light bluish patches, in the shape of the movement of wipers.

l tried 3 cleaners, dish washing liquid etc. no use at all.
very frustrating now.

lets hope it goes away in montha as suggested by pals above.

SUSgenecode
post Nov 12 2019, 11:48 PM

17 posts

sory bump old thread. just a spot of my windscreen has this problem now. luckily i tried it at top area (where dark tint is) so it didnt affect my vision. watermark remover bought at shopee. it works for all other windows. just for windscreen it kind of damaged the surface.

mikehwy, did u manage to solve it with the cerium powder?
TJHong99 P
post Jan 1 2021, 10:59 PM

Probation
1 posts

Hello, sorry for bumping up this thread. I have also encountered this problem. The watermark remover I used is from waxco and it stated there can be used in windscreen and nw my windscreen is ruined. Does anyone configured out any solution?
Holyjolly
post Jan 4 2021, 09:51 AM

Casual
365 posts

I come across this thread and realized many of us encounter the side effects after using the watermark remover / cleaner.

So far any good alternatives that are able to remove the watermark without having any problem?
My perception is IPA (Isopropylachohol) which is good in removing most of the dirty, but I am not sure for the watermark which could be the hard water that rich with minerals and impurities.

Anyone tried (diluted/non) bleach?

This post has been edited by Holyjolly: Jan 4 2021, 09:52 AM
SilentForever
post Jan 4 2021, 04:35 PM

On my way
576 posts

QUOTE(TJHong99 @ Jan 1 2021, 10:59 PM)
Hello, sorry for bumping up this thread. I have also encountered this problem. The watermark remover I used is from waxco and it stated there can be used in windscreen and nw my windscreen is ruined. Does anyone configured out any solution?
You can try using DA or Rotary using glass polish like Carpro Ceriglass or Osren 04A to polish. By hand not sure if can be fixed, even machine also not guaranteed cause those waxco type is acid type, it seeps into the pits and wiper trails of the windshield. I always use those proper glass polish to polish glass instead of acid type.
SilentForever
post Jan 4 2021, 04:36 PM

On my way
576 posts

QUOTE(Holyjolly @ Jan 4 2021, 09:51 AM)
I come across this thread and realized many of us encounter the side effects after using the watermark remover / cleaner.

So far any good alternatives that are able to remove the watermark without having any problem?
My perception is IPA (Isopropylachohol) which is good in removing most of the dirty, but I am not sure for the watermark which could be the hard water that rich with minerals and impurities.

Tried IPA before, it does nothing for waterspot haha. Just use proper glass polish to polish. Safer and cheaper in the long run.
Steponlego
post Jan 4 2021, 10:20 PM

Enthusiast
766 posts

QUOTE(Holyjolly @ Jan 4 2021, 09:51 AM)

Meguiar's ultimate compound.

Tried on my mom's myvi which got rust mark and water spot on the windshield. Clears everything. Applied with polisher, using manual by hand is too labor intensive. It is supposed to be really mild abrasive, so it should be safe.

This evening tried it again on my windshield to remove some weird oily spot. After the application, it seems that the compound has revealed numerous small chips on the windshield. It's a 13 years old car, so maybe it's normal and wasn't caused by the compound. sweat.gif

This post has been edited by Steponlego: Jan 4 2021, 10:22 PM
delphine.88
post Feb 19 2022, 03:56 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(Steponlego @ Jan 4 2021, 10:20 PM)
Meguiar's ultimate compound.

Tried on my mom's myvi which got rust mark and water spot on the windshield. Clears everything. Applied with polisher, using manual by hand is too labor intensive. It is supposed to be really mild abrasive, so it should be safe.

This evening tried it again on my windshield to remove some weird oily spot. After the application, it seems that the compound has revealed numerous small chips on the windshield. It's a 13 years old car, so maybe it's normal and wasn't caused by the compound.  sweat.gif
Ultimate compound works with tinted screen?
Will not ruin the tint? Got after side effects?
Steponlego
post Feb 20 2022, 03:42 PM

Enthusiast
766 posts

QUOTE(delphine.88 @ Feb 19 2022, 03:56 PM)
Ultimate compound works with tinted screen?
Will not ruin the tint? Got after side effects?
no idea. i don't think my car have tinted film on the outside.

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0231sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:10 PM