Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How to cheat your seller using PayPal method?

DAViS
post Dec 9 2015, 11:52 AM, updated 6y ago

就是你
2,503 posts

Which means after you have received the goods within 10 days up to 179 days you can call to your bank tell them you are not authorised the payment, they will make the case favour to you.
I did told PayPal Malaysia, I will share this info for everyone. Let's start cheating your seller while you are free from trouble.

This happened to Lelong Netpay and Hong Leong payment gateway as well, which means seller protection is equal to none, non-existence.

Dear Davis,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

We apologize for the frustration and inconvenience this matter has caused you.

Unfortunately, in order to accept credit cards as a funding source PayPal has to abide by their rules and regulations. PayPal had no further recourse with which to dispute and the credit card company's decision was final.

Chargebacks are initiated outside of PayPal and controlled by the card issuer. Your customer's credit card company grants its member’s specific consumer protections. Your customer chose to take advantage of those consumer protection rights. These rights are guaranteed by the Credit Card Company as well as applicable law, and as such we have no authority to replace or reduce any customer's rights.

When a chargeback is received PayPal reviews the details of the transaction in question to determine if the conditions of the PayPal seller protection guidelines have been followed.                                                               

If a seller chooses to engage in transactions not covered by the seller protection, the seller assumes the risk associated with the transaction, as well as any potential liability.

In the future, you can protect yourself against fraudulent buyers by following the conditions of our seller protection. To learn the specific terms and conditions of the seller protection, simply click the “Legal Agreement” link at the bottom of any PayPal webpage and click “User Agreement”.

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We value what you have to say, and we know situations like this can be difficult. If you have more questions, visit our Help Center by clicking "Help" in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

Add your mobile number to your PayPal account so we can reach you right away if we ever need to verify account activity with you. Simply log in to your PayPal account, click "Profile" near the top of the page and then click "Update" beside "Phone."

You can also make and receive payments with your mobile phone when you add it to your PayPal account. After you confirm your number and create a PIN, you'll be able to get money, send money, check your balance, or manage your account from your phone using simple text messages.

Sincerely,
Kathy
PayPal Chargeback Division
PayPal

Muhammed Roslan is a Verified buyer.

Muhammed Roslan has completed the PayPal Verification process to help confirm their identity, and they have a confirmed bank account, or been approved for a PayPal Extras MasterCard®.
The PayPal Verification process is a security measure to confirm that a user is the owner of the bank account or credit card they are using in PayPal. Confirming each user's identity helps prevent fraud, such as identity theft, and increases the security of payments in PayPal.

Shipping Information:
Address: Muhammed Roslan
no 4 Jalan Residen 2
Desa Parkcity
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan
Malaysia

You can refer the case in here.
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3752800

This post has been edited by DAViS: Dec 9 2015, 11:54 AM
wanakev2
post Dec 21 2015, 05:42 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

I also had experienced get cheated by customer when using Paypal. Paypal is not seller friendly. sad.gif .
DAViS
post Dec 22 2015, 09:43 AM

就是你
2,503 posts

QUOTE(wanakev2 @ Dec 21 2015, 05:42 PM)
I also had experienced get cheated by customer when using Paypal. Paypal is not seller friendly. sad.gif .
If using credit card payment gateway is even worse unless retail business with CCCTV recording.
darksider
post Jan 4 2016, 04:06 AM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(DAViS @ Dec 22 2015, 09:43 AM)
If using credit card payment gateway is even worse unless retail business with CCCTV recording.
I have sold many games through paypal up to 15 countries and so far there is no issue.

only asshole would request chargeback.

best way is to avoid paypal / cc payments at all. bank transfer is seller's best protection.
wodenus
post Jan 4 2016, 11:36 AM

Tree Octopus
All Stars
14,990 posts

If a seller chooses to engage in transactions not covered by the seller protection, the seller assumes the risk associated with the transaction, as well as any potential liability.

In the future, you can protect yourself against fraudulent buyers by following the conditions of our seller protection. To learn the specific terms and conditions of the seller protection, simply click the “Legal Agreement” link at the bottom of any PayPal webpage and click “User Agreement”.

ncool15
post Jan 4 2016, 05:02 PM

Hazardous
1,118 posts

Back in 2006 I kena RM10k worth chargeback from buyer. Paypal offered no protection for seller. One can simply chargeback by claiming the payment was not authorised by them. My account was freezed aswell. 10 Years on, still same case.
K.I.T.T
post May 13 2016, 02:14 AM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(wanakev2 @ Dec 21 2015, 05:42 PM)
i hate paypal because their didnt inform buyer about charges 3% . in the end paypal will cut from u payment.
Slyke
post Oct 20 2016, 10:56 AM

Casual
322 posts

That's why I prefer Bitcoin instead of PayPal for international purchases, the reason is buyer will need a full proof from A-Z to win the favor from PayPal for chargebacks while the seller only say a few fancy words to win
DAViS
post Oct 20 2016, 11:34 AM

就是你
2,503 posts

QUOTE(Slyke @ Oct 20 2016, 10:56 AM)
That's why I prefer Bitcoin instead of PayPal for international purchases, the reason is buyer will need a full proof from A-Z to win the favor from PayPal for chargebacks while the seller only say a few fancy words to win
Do you mixed up in between buyer or seller?
DAViS
post Oct 20 2016, 11:36 AM

就是你
2,503 posts

QUOTE(ncool15 @ Jan 4 2016, 05:02 PM)
Back in 2006 I kena RM10k worth chargeback from buyer. Paypal offered no protection for seller. One can simply chargeback by claiming the payment was not authorised by them. My account was freezed aswell. 10 Years on, still same case.
It happened the same to me, they also freeze my account while I am the victim when I knock their door hard.
Slyke
post Oct 20 2016, 11:54 AM

Casual
322 posts

QUOTE(DAViS @ Oct 20 2016, 11:34 AM)
Do you mixed up in between buyer or seller?
What do you mean by this?
DAViS
post Oct 20 2016, 12:03 PM

就是你
2,503 posts

QUOTE(Slyke @ Oct 20 2016, 11:54 AM)
What do you mean by this?
That's why I prefer Bitcoin instead of PayPal for international purchases, the reason is seller will need a full proof from A-Z to win the favor from PayPal for chargebacks while the buyer only say a few fancy words to win
Richard
post Dec 8 2016, 01:16 PM

Regular
1,083 posts

KARMA ...
kawa_e
post Mar 25 2017, 09:42 PM

Casual
317 posts

This type of scam is growing in malaysia. I just lodged a police report and by all means i will dig that scammer out coz im not sure who the hell im dealing with. This scammer is no longer contactable and filed a dispute for over 10k. With ecommerce trend rising, i cant believe how unsafe it to be to do business online for ethical sellers
DAViS
post Mar 25 2017, 10:35 PM

就是你
2,503 posts

QUOTE(kawa_e @ Mar 25 2017, 09:42 PM)
This type of scam is growing in malaysia. I just lodged a police report and by all means i will dig that scammer out coz im not sure who the hell im dealing with. This scammer is no longer contactable and filed a dispute for over 10k. With ecommerce trend rising, i cant believe how unsafe it to be to do business online for ethical sellers
What really has happened to your sales?
kawa_e
post Mar 25 2017, 10:49 PM

Casual
317 posts

QUOTE(DAViS @ Mar 25 2017, 10:35 PM)
What really has happened to your sales?
My story here
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4197673/+40

Unfortunately, not many know how to deal with this kind of case. Not many ppl acknowledge it. So little chance of winning and many sellers just let it be.

I filed the police report and the Sarjan said he believed it was a scam but the bank still favoured the scammer. My prob is the scammer is not identified from my side. The marketplace is not willing to disclose anything from the issuer bank. The hell protecting scammers. I need to get BNM to involve

This post has been edited by kawa_e: Mar 25 2017, 10:50 PM
SUSGrowTentProject
post Mar 25 2017, 11:17 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

i use paypal for payment .... and their verification is not simple, its strong ...

1 - you have to enter your credit card information including the security code

2 - deduct 10 myr from your card .... and then you have to go to your account statement to get the code for the verification with paypal ...

above are to prove that a person is the genuine card holder (security code and statement, especially e statement where you have to log in to your account to view) ...

in my point of view, i think there are loopholes in BNM protection that allows scammers to exploit ... i saw from a post in this forum, netpay sellers also faced with the problem ... by right, netpay and paypal should represent their sellers cause sellers are paying fees and commission for the convenience as well ... PLUS SECURITY !!! since they always boast their servers are 100% tested lar, hacker test daily etc etc etc .... if got this problem, then your (the gateway) servers are weak lar got hacked etc (either this or the banks security)

paypal (or any gateway) should have defended you against that move since buyer already fulfill above steps for verification that he is the card holder ... in the US, ppl say there the gateways always protect sellers cause if sellers lose money, they will lose money as well .... in some very genuine cases, they will refund the buyers (like kid took the mums cc and phone etc)

if paypal and netpay cant provide proper protection against shady chargebacks by unscrupulous buyers, then there is no point doing international e/online/biz (which the gov is pushing very hard right now) cause sellers only prefer bank transfers/deposit to avoid losses (or else sell high price to recover losses - and lose price competitive advantage)

This post has been edited by GrowTentProject: Mar 25 2017, 11:20 PM
kawa_e
post Mar 28 2017, 08:30 PM

Casual
317 posts

QUOTE(GrowTentProject @ Mar 25 2017, 11:17 PM)
i use paypal for payment .... and their verification is not simple, its strong ...

1 - you have to enter your credit card information including the security code

2 - deduct 10 myr from your card .... and then you have to go to your account statement to get the code for the verification with paypal ...

above are to prove that a person is the genuine card holder (security code and statement, especially e statement where you have to log in to your account to view) ...

in my point of view, i think there are loopholes in BNM protection that allows scammers to exploit ... i saw from a post in this forum, netpay sellers also faced with the problem ... by right, netpay and paypal should represent their sellers cause sellers are paying fees and commission for the convenience as well ... PLUS SECURITY !!! since they always boast their servers are 100% tested lar, hacker test daily etc etc etc .... if got this problem, then your (the gateway) servers are weak lar got hacked etc (either this or the banks security)

paypal (or any gateway) should have defended you against that move since buyer already fulfill above steps for verification that he is the card holder ... in the US, ppl say there the gateways always protect sellers cause if sellers lose money, they will lose money as well .... in some very genuine cases, they will refund the buyers (like kid took the mums cc and phone etc)

if paypal and netpay cant provide proper protection against shady chargebacks by unscrupulous buyers, then there is no point doing international e/online/biz (which the gov is pushing very hard right now) cause sellers only prefer bank transfers/deposit to avoid losses (or else sell high price to recover losses - and lose price competitive advantage)
Unfortunately, no payment gateway would protect their sellers. Sellers proceed at own risks. When the chargeback occurs, the gateway just pushes it to sellers... I dont have aby faith conducting online biz. U nvr knew wat could happen. Its v easy for the scammer to walk away with free stuff these days by just filing dispute
SUSGrowTentProject
post Mar 28 2017, 09:03 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(kawa_e @ Mar 28 2017, 08:30 PM)
Unfortunately, no payment gateway would protect their sellers. Sellers proceed at own risks. When the chargeback occurs, the gateway just pushes it to sellers... I dont have aby faith conducting online biz. U nvr knew wat could happen. Its v easy for the scammer to walk away with free stuff these days by just filing dispute
i suspect this case is very localized here in the Asean region ... in the US and UK, ppl (buyers) accuses the gateway for not processing refunds all the time (cause item different from seller description etc)

maybe central bank laws that sided with card holders very strongly ("customer is always right") .... or local gateway call centers dont want to pursue the matter any further, push it back to sellers end by not paying (they know sellers here are quite powerless if going on their own and will give up soon)

i will say combination of above two ....
kawa_e
post Mar 28 2017, 11:57 PM

Casual
317 posts

QUOTE(GrowTentProject @ Mar 28 2017, 09:03 PM)
i suspect this case is very localized here in the Asean region ... in the US and UK, ppl (buyers) accuses the gateway for not processing refunds all the time (cause item different from seller description etc)

maybe central bank laws that sided with card holders very strongly ("customer is always right") .... or local gateway call centers dont want to pursue the matter any further, push it back to sellers end by not paying (they know sellers here are quite powerless if going on their own and will give up soon)

i will say combination of above two ....
True. But whether it is US, UK or Asian country, the "customer is always right" perception is always there. They want to keep the customer happy and keep using their card for purchasing. I have been searching high and low for advise on winning a chargeback and the percentage is very low.

I'm glad this marketplace for which I'm dealing with this scam case is closing one of its category. Whether their verification system has loopholes or not, I believe this is one of the reason they are closing this category down hmm.gif

Nevertheless, I wont give up easily. The scammer has to pay back.
Im still waiting for the info (Name, IC, Issuer Bank, etc) from the marketplace. Hope I can get them and present to BNM

This post has been edited by kawa_e: Mar 28 2017, 11:58 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0144sec    0.25    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:35 PM