Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Business ACCA (v2)

views

donfailagain
post Jun 13 2007, 11:26 PM

16 posts

I attend 2.5 Spencer class last sitting, and feel totally no confidence with him, very peak session, very rush (frequently rush to different country), notes prepared in a bad and confused flow (seems over summarized as compare to Study Text, and seems prepared in a rush and mess), some sentences in notes looks weired (seems he is trying to change the sentence structure to look different from textbook, hope it is not because of my poor english) ... he claims that he taught the subject in Penang (not sure how many year), but I feel that this is his first time teaching (my own perspective) ... overall I can only give a thumbs 'DOWN' !!! Disappointed !!! (not to offend, all above is just personal experience and feeling)
donfailagain
post Jun 14 2007, 12:01 AM

16 posts

Just finished my 2.4 exam today, no doubt that the examiner enjoyed his cracking head hours to set the exam question !!! Congratulation to him !!! ... I only capable to complete 2 question ( Q1 and Q5 , completed 70 marks although not fully, phew only allow 25 marks mistake to pass, is it possible ???) ... well , he is quite kind to make the Q1 long question separately identified for each sub question, not much confuse on where to grab the correct information. Thanks !!! Q5 is a bit messy, needs more workings for the cash discount scheme as compare to similar pass year question I have attempt ... ... phew !!

2.5 killed me , either pass with 50 or fail with 45 above, aihhh ....... as mention with a not that good lecturer (FTMS, 2.5 Spencer) , no chance !! I did spend a lot of time and effort on it by studying the Study Text and Revision Kits, somehow ... the exam question seems weird ( revocation of government grant, accountant technician case study ... and a not common way of testing Q2 IFRS 1) ... phew
donfailagain
post Jun 14 2007, 12:37 AM

16 posts

hope I can pass 2.4 ... but 2.5 for sure is a failure (feel sad cuz heard many friends said it is the easiest paper among 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6)

any suggestion for my next sitting ...

(I understand the exception for optional and essential where current Level 3 have a conversion to new Professional Level ... this is not relevant to my case) I do confused by the new syllabus , they stated in the student magazine that we can't jump module when taking the exam .... means without complete Fundamental Level (F) - Skill Module (i.e. F4 to F9) , we can't register exam for Professional Level (P) ???? anyone can clear my doubt ??? Thanks a lot !!!

I'm planning to attend
F7 Financial Reporting (old syll : 2.5)
F8 Audit and Assurance (old syll : 2.6)
P1 Professional Accountant
P2 Corporate Reporting
(I can't attend P2 if I fail 2.5, cuz the new exam timetable crash)

as others had posted
F7 --> Haneef (Mc Orange) , Sunway Coll
F8 --> Chin Ann , Shella
P1 --> seems a new subject ???
donfailagain
post Jun 15 2007, 12:17 PM

16 posts

For P1 Professional Accountant ( is about corporate governance, ethics, ...) may i know which lecturer have experience and good in teaching this subject ??

Mc Orange
- Sheila ( good ? I heard she gave very thick notes and too details ... ?)
- Bob Souster ( who is him ? new lecturer ? any one attend his classes ?)

FTMS
- Navzar Tara & Balbeer Singh (good ?)

Kasturi ( kasturi lower course fees , prefer if lecturer is good )
3 lecturer teaching (which one to choose ?)
- Viknes/Jackson Chan
- Parmindar Singh
- Philip Woo

Kolej Bandar
(lowest fees with rebate scheme.. how is their facilities and environment?)
- Chin Ann

Any suggestion ????? Thanks alot !!!

Added on June 15, 2007, 12:39 pmI may skip P2 first cuz not sure will pass 2.5 .....
For P3 Business Analysis , may i know which lecturer have experience and good in teaching this subject ??

Mc Orange
- Tham Keing Fatt
- Michael Mainwarning

FTMS (if join FTMS , won't take Intensive Revision Class ... too expensive)
- Wong Siew Choo

Kasturi ( kasturi lower course fees , prefer if lecturer is good )
- Parmindar Singh (just know that his teaching in IT is good)

Kolej Bandar
(lowest fees with rebate scheme.. how is their facilities and environment?)
- Mr Eddie Chuah

Any suggestion ????? Thanks alot !!!

This post has been edited by donfailagain: Jun 15 2007, 01:26 PM
donfailagain
post Jun 15 2007, 04:49 PM

16 posts

Oh yaa ... thanks for your advice ... it is really a big pressure to go for exam continuously in 3 days ... phew

so ... if I would like to choose either P1 orP3 , which one will be a better choice ? any idea ?

As refer to P1 syllabus diagram, it require knowledge
directly from F1 , indirectly from F8(2.6)

whereas P3 require knowledge
directly from F1 , indirectly from F7(2.5)
donfailagain
post Jun 16 2007, 06:23 PM

16 posts

ya , at the bottom left of the last reply message in every page, you can try the "Search Topic" to search for any keywords ! a good function that i always use in this forum before i post a question !! All the best !!

-----------------

I do have a plan to conduct a self study ?? any one have tried this before ?? (I mean anyone have tried this in a very insist way, and with planner for BBP study text and revision kit)

The reason I'm planning to do this is because, working adult do miss classes on peak period, somehow ... time is not that flexible for attending classes ... Additionally, since some of the subject such as P1 is new ... I doubt that those lecturer can prepare a very well notes ... and effective class.

This post has been edited by donfailagain: Jun 16 2007, 07:55 PM
donfailagain
post Jun 18 2007, 05:00 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(sching @ Jun 18 2007, 01:10 PM)
Anybody knows where can I get BPP study materials?
Hi ! I plan to buy BPP study materials too ... for self-study !
what i know is MPH and Kinokuniya can order for you if you request, no deposit needed, but is expensive loh !! (cuz all in UK rate) ...
another choice is to buy it from FTMS college , you can get a half price if your friend study there help you to buy ! ... just contact FTMS , books will arrive on July !!

I plan to get it from FTMS, now looking for my friend who study in FTMS

you may send me private message for email contact if you can't get it ! All The Best !

This post has been edited by donfailagain: Jun 18 2007, 05:05 PM
donfailagain
post Jun 18 2007, 11:30 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(HBK @ Jun 18 2007, 07:44 PM)
i already went to MPH,and the price for BPP is RM2XX ..not worth if there's is more cheaper say,buy at mcorange,FTMS lor..btw,they didnt sell the CD's and the cassette like what the student accountant advertised..plan to get that..
ya ... as mentioned, MPH and Kinokuniya selling it according to UK price ... FTMS last time, rm90 for study text and rm50 for revision kit !! I think no colleges are selling the CD ... anyone know where can get it ?? ... what i know is you can order online from BPP website ...

Added on June 18, 2007, 11:44 pm
QUOTE(G[a]rY @ Jun 18 2007, 11:02 PM)
Erm, do those self-study material really works..?? i meant are they good..?? U tried that n can pass acca easily..?? sorry, no offence, just wondering.....  hmm.gif
erm ... the best answer to clear ur doubt is "Depend"
firstly, it depend on self discipline, how insist u are and how much u will dedicate in ur studies !
secondly, it depend on how good is your planning , and how well u r going to implement it !
... ... ... ... depend , depend and depend

for sure , BPP study material really works , is just whether u can understand wat mat salleh is writing !

my suggestion is ... if the exam let say P9 , you will need calculation technique , go for a perfect lecturer such as Chow Kim Tai (but this time not teaching F9) .... but for those more theoretical and application base exam , practicing thousand of question worth most for your exam !! (practicing doesn't mean merely "do" , "look at answer" and "memorize answer" ...... this won't work !! )

this is the first time i'm going to have self-study, i will answer you after my December 2007 exam , follow up yah !!! please remind me after December 2007 exam lol !!!

All the best for you !!!

This post has been edited by donfailagain: Jun 18 2007, 11:44 PM
donfailagain
post Jun 23 2007, 10:31 PM

16 posts

I need to buy new syllabus BPP study text and revision kit (or maybe passcard) from FTMS since it offer half price for its students ... wish someone here can help me !!!
anyone study in FTMS here, can help me ?

or any other colleges have such offer ?

This post has been edited by donfailagain: Jun 23 2007, 10:36 PM
donfailagain
post Jun 26 2007, 06:10 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(danyce @ Jun 26 2007, 10:03 AM)
help...may i know where can i get acca study textbook and revision kit? last time i bought it fr 1 company at KL/Selangor.  I found it online last time but i forgot liao. help...thanks.
read Post #1425 in the same page with ur question http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/379762/+1420

I have contact DL Training Consultancy (for BBP books)
ACCA
Study text = rm 90
Revision kit = rm 55
Pass Card = rm 33

they can give further rm5~10 discount for each book if u purchase more ...
I plan to buy the books also, so you may send me an email (leekiangiap@gmail.com) if willing to purchase together in bulk .... a little discount is better then nothing , ALL THE BEST !

This post has been edited by donfailagain: Jun 26 2007, 06:12 PM
donfailagain
post Jun 27 2007, 01:04 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(King_sToN @ Jun 26 2007, 07:13 PM)
Can I get the further discount if I buy the textbook through my mcorange frens?
FYI , it is different for FTMS , u need to be thier student to get half price (i.e half price of the books in sterling ... means u will get study text for around RM 90 instead of those mph bookstore price RM 210 )

the DL Training Consultancy although is in the Mc Orange building ( I not sure whether this company is under Mc Orange college, just know they are seperate entity gua ....) , they offer the price for BBP study material without pre-condition that u must be Mc Orange student !
donfailagain
post Jun 27 2007, 10:37 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(bebobebo @ Jun 27 2007, 04:06 PM)
Is tat good for selfstudy??? I would like to attend 2.4 & 2.5 tis coming sem and plan to make it by selfstudy.
Anyone have the idea where to get those necessary note & source for selfstudy by cheap price???

Thanks
Hi , I do plan for a self study ... but now attend the 1st term of courses ( dunno why I feel not that trust to lectures, maybe just feel they are profit driven ... and feel that the material sometimes is too summarised which you can only obtain a pass grade and more to a fail ... ps : I din mean I want to get prize award ... lol) , soo ... if I feel the lecturing not worth the time, I will quit after finish first term (just nice the result is out) and start a plan for self studying ( and will fully depend on practicing Revision Kit )

FYI on getting cheap price study material ( I mean text book and revision kit )
Please read ...

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/379762/+1420
Post #1425

And

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/379762/+1440
Post #1443
Post #1450
Post #1455

you may send me an email (leekiangiap@gmail.com) , if you plan to buy BBP study material together in bulk, cuz can get a little discount
donfailagain
post Aug 20 2007, 04:05 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(C_w_sam @ Aug 20 2007, 02:41 PM)
Using gmail .. got it straight after my classes at 12.45pm

Your examination results for the June 2007 session issued on 20-AUG-07 are:

Paper Details: 2.1 Info. Systems
Result: Pass
Mark: 69
Paper Details: 2.2MYS Corp. Bus. Law
Mark: 63
Paper Details: 2.3MYS Bus. Tax.
Mark: 73
WOW !!!! Congratulation !!!!! very good results !!!!!

Added on August 20, 2007, 4:08 pmI'm now deciding to take either p1 or p2 .... any suggestion ?

This post has been edited by donfailagain: Aug 20 2007, 04:08 PM
donfailagain
post Aug 27 2007, 11:38 AM

16 posts

I join the Mr. Haneef P2 bridging class in McOrange ...
Anyone studying there? may i know roughly what have he taught and where did he stop? I wish to do some revision on my 2.5 related topic within these 2 days before attend his class

Thanks a lot !!!!!!!

This post has been edited by donfailagain: Aug 27 2007, 11:43 AM
donfailagain
post Aug 29 2007, 11:08 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(G[a]rY @ Aug 27 2007, 10:25 PM)
haneef's student here.. he finished up all the conso related area, such as piecemeal acq, disposal, complex group, group cashflow.. Then he taught FOREX std.. thats all for term 1..  all the best.. see ya in class..
Thanks !! see you in class, you are so great to pass the exam with flying color ... I only go through 2.5 with 51 marks , start to worry about P2 ... a lot to learn , have to brush up those fundamental knowledge this sitting and progress !!!
donfailagain
post Aug 30 2007, 01:48 PM

16 posts

Gary,

Did you attend Mr. Haneef bridging class yesterday ??
Lecturer said that the last 2 bridging classes will be a revision on F7 A/c Std ... means only 6 classes to catchup the first term ...

May I borrow 1st term notes from you in case some details are missed by lecturer ?

Thanks !!!

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0501sec    0.25    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:22 PM