41 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Taobao Reno Shopping, Share your experience

Xccess
post Dec 21 2015, 03:43 PM

Twinkle lil Stars
Group: Senior Member

Ok, my dish drainer and commercial LED downlights arrived today. Quality for both items are good in my opinion, not those that makes you feel disgusted upon touching it. I'm happy with the purchased.

Bought a cheap wok from Taobao previously and was a total failure. Paper thin steel, feels like throwing it out of the window. That supplier don't have much transaction let alone reviews, I was stubborn because thought I've found the right design.

Here is the link to dish drainer. https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=43827180489

user posted image

user posted image

Bought 4 of these commercial downlight to give it some industrial touch as compared to conventional LED downlight. Saw similar type at Puchong but price at rm150+ each.
Here is the link https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=21252287165

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by Xccess: Dec 22 2015, 11:10 AM
post Dec 21 2015, 04:06 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

woah...seems realiable
ice-green-tea
post Dec 21 2015, 04:11 PM

Getting Started

Xccess Good taste bro. Recently its widely used in residential project especially overseas.
Looking forward to see the final outcome of ur house, sure very "cozzzy moooody" rclxms.gif

Question, easy to get replacement LED part if anything goes wrong? Or replace the whole set?

user posted image

user posted image
Xccess
post Dec 21 2015, 04:32 PM

Twinkle lil Stars

QUOTE(ice-green-tea @ Dec 21 2015, 04:11 PM)
Xccess Good taste bro. Recently its widely used in residential project especially overseas.
Looking forward to see the final outcome of ur house, sure very "cozzzy moooody" rclxms.gif

Question, easy to get replacement LED part if anything goes wrong? Or replace the whole set?

user posted image

user posted image
Thanks, you had great taste too. From the pix posted, you are someone who appreciate ID. I've ordered another 2 just in case. In terms of problems, it's usually the driver. Can get these driver easily or else get grab it from Taobao. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Xccess: Dec 21 2015, 05:50 PM
darrenlfw87
post Dec 23 2015, 08:09 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Xccess @ Dec 21 2015, 04:32 PM)
Thanks, you had great taste too. From the pix posted, you are someone who appreciate ID. I've ordered another 2 just in case. In terms of problems, it's usually the driver. Can get these driver easily or else get grab it from Taobao. smile.gif
How do you purchase from taobao?

can u post the link that u used to purchase those items?

I am currently doing renovation for my tiny home. And on super tight budget constraints.

So if I can buy the stuff there and get some savings, i wouldn't.

The lights that you bought, how do u know if it can be fixed into the house here in Malaysia? Are there any specifications that I should look out for? Coz i total noob in this.

Appreciate ur help!
Thanks

keithtbk
post Dec 23 2015, 11:47 AM

Group: Newbie

sofa able to ship?
i also going to reno my house, also looking for something in taobao,
but sofa so big, able to ship?
ice-green-tea
post Dec 23 2015, 05:18 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Xccess @ Dec 21 2015, 04:32 PM)
Ya i do appreciate ID and plan to transform all those ideas into future house.
Long way to go, now just started seeking the right area/property only.
Xccess
post Dec 23 2015, 05:49 PM

Twinkle lil Stars

QUOTE(darrenlfw87 @ Dec 23 2015, 08:09 AM)
How do you purchase from taobao?

can u post the link that u used to purchase those items?

I am currently doing renovation for my tiny home. And on super tight budget constraints.

So if I can buy the stuff there and get some savings, i wouldn't.

The lights that you bought, how do u know if it can be fixed into the house here in Malaysia? Are there any specifications that I should look out for? Coz i total noob in this.
Appreciate ur help!
Thanks
China shared same voltage as Malaysia so no problem for electrical items, don't buy their electrical switches or power outlet as their plug pins are different. Go open an account with 65daigou. https://www.65daigou.com.my/

There's plenty of blog that teaches you how entire system works, start with small affordable items, looked out for high numbers of user reviews(Above hundred), buy from supplier with actual product photos posted by user under review.
http://gwensies.blogspot.my/2012/10/ultima...-on-taobao.html

Do plenty of research, the more the better.
Xccess
post Dec 23 2015, 05:56 PM

Twinkle lil Stars

QUOTE(keithtbk @ Dec 23 2015, 11:47 AM)
sofa able to ship?
i also going to reno my house, also looking for something in taobao,
but sofa so big, able to ship?
Sofa able to ship but I find it too risky imho, I mean what if damage during delivery, who is going to take responsibilities? Individual risk appetite and preferences, all up to you. Go type in Google "My Taobao loot/haul" and see items bought by individual. Seen a few who purchased furniture.

Just make sure you do enough research as there's many fake reviews out there. For furniture I suggest you get from www.tmall.com, heard better quality control.
Xccess
post Dec 23 2015, 06:08 PM

Twinkle lil Stars

Put items in cart then wait for special promotion, periodically 65Daigou will offer free agent fees, 15% Shipping discount or both, grab use of these promotion to increase your saving.
darrenlfw87
post Dec 23 2015, 09:18 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Xccess @ Dec 23 2015, 05:49 PM)
China shared same voltage as Malaysia so no problem for electrical items, don't buy their electrical switches or power outlet as their plug pins are different. Go open an account with 65daigou. https://www.65daigou.com.my/

There's plenty of blog that teaches you how entire system works, start with small affordable items, looked out for high numbers of user reviews(Above hundred), buy from supplier with actual product photos posted by user under review.
http://gwensies.blogspot.my/2012/10/ultima...-on-taobao.html

Do plenty of research, the more the better.
omg thankiu so much!!!
Xccess
post Dec 24 2015, 11:05 PM

Twinkle lil Stars

Merry Christmas & Happy new year to everyone!!! rclxm9.gif Several parcels on the way by ship, will update accordingly when goods arrived. Still hunting for my elusive dining table, been to HomeDec, Perfect Living and various other furniture shops/malls, nothing came near to what I want. Need natural wood color in lighter shade for my table top but most out there had darker tone. Walked around Viva mall today, saw some that are closed to my target but color of wood just ain't right, most design also can be seen on Taobao/Tmall and each easily cost 2.5K to 4k.

Discussed with wife if we should get it from TB despite the risk involved, guess we are close to making the order. This is what we are targetting, gonna custom measurement from supplier.

Price of table - RM1400.00
Custom measurement - Length 210cm x Width 85cm x Height 75cm - Wood thickness 5cm
Metric weight is around - 100kg, shipping will cost around RM500.00 (Estimation)
Agent Fee - Should be around RM100.00

Total RM2000.00

Will conclude this table end of next month.

user posted image

This post has been edited by Xccess: Dec 24 2015, 11:06 PM
ck2chan
post Dec 25 2015, 12:49 AM

Regular

QUOTE(Xccess @ Dec 24 2015, 11:05 PM)
Merry Christmas & Happy new year to everyone!!! rclxm9.gif Several parcels on the way by ship, will update accordingly when goods arrived. Still hunting for my elusive dining table, been to HomeDec, Perfect Living and various other furniture shops/malls, nothing came near to what I want. Need natural wood color in lighter shade for my table top but most out there had darker tone. Walked around Viva mall today, saw some that are closed to my target but color of wood just ain't right, most design also can be seen on Taobao/Tmall and each easily cost 2.5K to 4k.

Discussed with wife if we should get it from TB despite the risk involved, guess we are close to making the order. This is what we are targetting, gonna custom measurement from supplier.

Custom measurement - Length 210cm x Width 85cm x Height 75cm - Wood thickness 5cm
Metric weight is around - 100kg, shipping will cost around RM500.00 (Estimation)

Total RM2000.00

user posted image
If many people buy from that seller, can take the risk.
JC999
post Dec 27 2015, 11:37 PM

On my way

Do update us bro, looks good for the design.

Does it comes with chairs?
shelby_yong
post Dec 28 2015, 09:28 AM

On my way

QUOTE(Xccess @ Dec 24 2015, 11:05 PM)

Total RM2000.00

user posted image
wow.. u are so daring...

but i planning to get sofa also .. but need to check with forwarders how does it work.

Xccess
post Dec 28 2015, 02:29 PM

Twinkle lil Stars

QUOTE(JC999 @ Dec 27 2015, 11:37 PM)
Do update us bro, looks good for the design.

Does it comes with chairs?
No chairs, table only. Still discussing minor details such as wood color with manufacturer via Daigou. I may place order around end of Feb or early March.
ice-green-tea
post Dec 28 2015, 03:17 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Xccess @ Dec 28 2015, 02:29 PM)
No chairs, table only. Still discussing minor details such as wood color with manufacturer via Daigou. I may place order around end of Feb or early March.
Bro did u check out Art of Tree? Their coffee table and dining table is kinda nice.

user posted imageuser posted image

For wood furniture i dare not buy online, somehow i need to touch and feel the wood finishing before forking out $$. Just my 2c.
Xccess
post Dec 28 2015, 04:04 PM

Twinkle lil Stars

QUOTE(ice-green-tea @ Dec 28 2015, 03:17 PM)
Bro did u check out Art of Tree? Their coffee table and dining table is kinda nice.

user posted imageuser posted image

For wood furniture i dare not buy online, somehow i need to touch and feel the wood finishing before forking out $$. Just my 2c.
Thanks for sharing, seen quite a few of these during Homedec. It's nice but unable to match my ID theme plus these timber top don't come cheap, easily 4K onward for 7ft. I'm moving towards Modern Industrial while this type more suitable for Balinese, Resort or Zen.

The design and wood color here are limited, I had to take the risk from Taobao. If it fails....to bad. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Xccess: Dec 28 2015, 04:45 PM
coo|dude
post Dec 28 2015, 04:15 PM

Cool By The Pool!

QUOTE(Xccess @ Dec 17 2015, 06:37 PM)
Arrival of Bocci inspired replica pendant light. https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=39979064472
user posted image

Glad all glass balls were well protected, none broken. Everything in good order.

Length is adjustable.

Total 15 glass balls sockets.
Hi, nice lights.. you bought the 15cm 15 bulbs type? Sorry, but I do not know how to read mandarin. What is the difference between 15cm and 12cm ones? Also, can the light bulbs be arranged in a rectangular shape rather than cluttered round?

This post has been edited by coo|dude: Dec 28 2015, 04:15 PM
Xccess
post Dec 28 2015, 04:27 PM

Twinkle lil Stars

QUOTE(coo|dude @ Dec 28 2015, 04:15 PM)
Hi, nice lights.. you bought the 15cm 15 bulbs type? Sorry, but I do not know how to read mandarin. What is the difference between 15cm and 12cm ones? Also, can the light bulbs be arranged in a rectangular shape rather than cluttered round?
I've bought 12cm 15 bulbs. No idea how much bigger 15cm is, perhaps you want to look at user's review photos. Can only install my lights end of Feb but I think it's possible to arrange into rectangular shape.

This post has been edited by Xccess: Dec 28 2015, 09:25 PM

41 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0944sec    3.30    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th October 2018 - 07:03 PM