Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

squat halfway, heard crack sound, hope it is a false alarm

views

TSsiew14
post Oct 31 2015, 06:21 PM, updated 9y ago

Enthusiast
838 posts

i was doing low bar squat, while i driving my hip up, i heard crack sound somewhere near my knee. afterwards, i cant squat anymore, but i could walk, can extend my knee without issue. after 10-20min, i dont see any bruise on my knee too. however, i still cant squat properly (without weight) , because it hurts when i m in squat position, the pressure on my knee/leg in squat position hurt me.

so i sat down on a chair, and attempted to push the ground with my injured leg (mimicking squat position) , the result was i can feel the pain too.

so few questions:-

1) do i really need to consult a doctor and get x-ray?

2) it is because of forward knee while squat thats why i fxxxx up my knee? but i felt the way i squat should be ngam ngam just nice.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

janson_kaniaz
post Oct 31 2015, 08:09 PM

6,945 posts

if you are not in pain now, then rest for a few days to let your body do the healing. after that you will know if you still need medical help.
romalis51
post Nov 3 2015, 03:12 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

Be prepare to cut off those legs. tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
panda-man
post Nov 6 2015, 02:23 PM

PSN: hutazi
2,687 posts

maybe just a muscle pull somewhere in the knee. put some ice. wait a few days or a week if youre always moving. if meniscus tear your knee will feel kinda loose. ACL and such. for sure you are down haha.

wheres the pain bro? at patella, sides, back of knee?

This post has been edited by panda-man: Nov 6 2015, 02:24 PM
TSsiew14
post Nov 6 2015, 03:04 PM

Enthusiast
838 posts

QUOTE(panda-man @ Nov 6 2015, 02:23 PM)
maybe just a muscle pull somewhere in the knee. put some ice. wait a few days or a week if youre always moving. if meniscus tear your knee will feel kinda loose. ACL and such. for sure you are down haha.

wheres the pain bro? at patella, sides, back of knee?
thanks for asking. side of the knee actually.

alright, here are the updates. went for mri and x ray scan. just torn meniscus. but a minor one, surgery is unnecessary for time being. THis was because now i have higher risk of getting discoid meniscus, which requires surgery to trim my meniscus from d shape to normal C shape if my knee feel pain in the future.
panda-man
post Nov 6 2015, 03:13 PM

2,687 posts

QUOTE(siew14 @ Nov 6 2015, 03:04 PM)
thanks for asking. side of the knee actually.
alright, here are the updates. went for mri and x ray scan. just torn meniscus. but a minor one, surgery is unnecessary for time being. THis was because now i have higher risk of getting discoid meniscus, which requires surgery to trim my meniscus from d shape to normal C shape if my knee feel pain in the future.
what do you mean higher risk of discoid meniscus... i think its either discoid or not no? heh. i got discoid meniscus and tore it (outer side, dunno the name anymore, posterior lateral meniscus?) anyways, after playing futsal last year. did the surgery at PPUM april last year. for me no choice, the meniscus kept sliding into the joint. cry.gif much better now, but knee has never been the same cry.gif
TSsiew14
post Nov 6 2015, 08:35 PM

Enthusiast
838 posts

QUOTE(panda-man @ Nov 6 2015, 03:13 PM)
what do you mean higher risk of discoid meniscus... i think its either discoid or not no? heh. i got discoid meniscus and tore it (outer side, dunno the name anymore, posterior lateral meniscus?) anyways, after playing futsal last year. did the surgery at PPUM april last year. for me no choice, the meniscus kept sliding into the joint. cry.gif much better now, but knee has never been the same  cry.gif
ah.. thanks for clear things up... yes, you are right. i got discoid then. but he said i dont have to do any surgery for now, but if the knee pain still persist, then he have to do it, basically trim my meniscus. sad.gif

how is ur knee? how it is not same? can share?
PeinEVO
post Nov 6 2015, 08:38 PM

Casual
467 posts

oh dear.. im having pain at the inner side of my left knee too.. it could be old injury or something new sad.gif
panda-man
post Nov 6 2015, 11:33 PM

2,687 posts

QUOTE(siew14 @ Nov 6 2015, 08:35 PM)
ah.. thanks for clear things up... yes, you are right. i got discoid then. but he said i dont have to do any surgery for now, but if the knee pain still persist, then he have to do it, basically trim my meniscus.  sad.gif
how is ur knee? how it is not same? can share?
Yes. Don't do surgery unless its last resort. For me couldn't walk at all without knee buckling. Saw several physio. In the end they also said, better do the surgery. From the looks of it your meniscus is OK. Not too bad. I think inner tear can heal. The outer rim is harder to heal, but if you can walk, then that's good.

After surgery, my patella always feels loose now. Like I can move it around with my hand. I guess because some nerve or muscle damage. But even after surgery it feels like something is in my knee. And always clicking now and doesn't feel strong. Sometimes still get strong pain which scares the shit out of me. After one year now feel more confident. Starting to play volleyball. But only after strengthening. I do weighted squat now can do 70kg. So, now confident to play again. But will never play sports which require twisting of my knee (football, basketball, other fast agile sports). But even though never the same. I'm super happy I had I guess can say successful surgery. Because I can walk! Man, to be honest I cried a lot. After being on crutches, can't walk, hard to go toilet, shower, man it really makes one depressed. Imagine from going gym, playing sports, go jalan jalan to can't even walk 1 meter. Damn.

Surgery is simple. Just arthroscopic. Only takes like 30-45mins at UM cost is around RM5-6k. Private maybe around RM15-20k. Friend did ACL RM26k. Haha. So get insurance bro. Recovery sucked. They lock it in position with a brace. And can't put weight on it for a month I think. All your leg muscle will be hancur. But slowly will get better and physio will help teach you to walk properly again. So really gotta take care of your knee man. And get insurance if you don't got any. Don't mention to them about any injury. Wah wrote a lot. If anything can ask me. Will be happy to share, if it will help. Although maybe just scare you haha. But end of story. I'm healthy and happy and back to sports and gym haha
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya
post Aug 19 2019, 12:49 PM

Getting Started
168 posts

Hey bros or sis who have done the meniscus repair / removal surgery.

Would like to know whether your knees have been completely healed? Do you develop any other sorts of knee problems years after surgery? I read from internet that meniscus surgery increases the risk and accelerate the development of knee osteoarthritis. Is this true?

By the way, I had a lateral meniscus tear back in April 2018 but chose not to perform any surgery until now.

I had several recurrence of "knee lockings" from April 2018 to until around September 2018 but i learned how to unlock it and sort of got used to the pain. However since then until now, I haven't had much problem except for occasional pain after jumping alot (such as playing basketball or badminton) but I never had any locking since then. Able to walk and squat normally but extra care when standing up is needed.

Recently, I went to see another orthopedic surgeon to get for a third opinion (I consulted 2 different doctors before this), all 3 of them recommended a knee surgery which I would really prefer to avoid.

Has anyone seen or heard or done Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) treatment? Is it a reliable and effective way to heal the lateral meniscus tear?

Thank you.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0120sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:39 AM