Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> investing property, investing property now

views

cutie rabbit
post Dec 29 2015, 11:34 AM

11 posts

QUOTE(jason1986 @ Oct 9 2015, 09:55 AM)
For low costs, there will be restrictions in purchasing and you will lose out when you will want to sell, prices of low costs properties do not increase that fast as your pool of prospective purchasers will be much smaller.

I will suggest to look for shop apartments in good locations where it is easily rented out.
Hi Jason

Is buying shop apartment need to pay 6% GST since it is under commercial land right?

Thanks
xajimx
post Dec 29 2015, 11:47 AM

Getting Started
198 posts

Hello guys, sorry if i'm tumpang-ing in the tered

I wanna ask for some advice from dearest sifoos here, was wondering as a first time buyer, i'm really anxious and scared if anything goes wrong. I paid a booking fee for a 538k condo in BJ. base price is 640k. I was wondering if it's worth the buy for a first time buyer? Not sure to either stay at the place, sell upon completion, rent or make it a homestay.

Our household income monthly is roughly 6k. I just started working on contract for 4-5 months, and planning on to stay permanent. Let's say if i were to get increments in 2 years time before the property is completed, will it be a good idea to invest in this property? Thanks
cdspins
post Dec 30 2015, 07:05 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,567 posts

QUOTE(cutie rabbit @ Dec 29 2015, 11:34 AM)
Hi Jason

Is buying shop apartment need to pay 6% GST since it is under commercial land right?

Thanks
Yup, 6% GST is required. But depends, there's lot of promotion, some of the developer absorb it.
cdspins
post Dec 30 2015, 07:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,567 posts

QUOTE(xajimx @ Dec 29 2015, 11:47 AM)
Hello guys, sorry if i'm tumpang-ing in the tered

I wanna ask for some advice from dearest sifoos here, was wondering as a first time buyer, i'm really anxious and scared if anything goes wrong. I paid a booking fee for a 538k condo in BJ. base price is 640k. I was wondering if it's worth the buy for a first time buyer? Not sure to either stay at the place, sell upon completion, rent or make it a homestay.

Our household income monthly is roughly 6k. I just started working on contract for 4-5 months, and planning on to stay permanent. Let's say if i were to get increments in 2 years time before the property is completed, will it be a good idea to invest in this property? Thanks
The general answer to that is definitely worth. But (there is always a but) is the location good? is the developer OK? Is the price around that area similar to your condo price?

As for affordability, it solely depends on your lifestyle, assuming you have no other loans, your mortgage will be around RM2500 to RM3000 which is about 50% of your household income, should be no issue.
I do advise to plan your housing loan based on your current salary and lifestyle and not based on future increment

As for the usage, as this is your first house, then usually the purpose may not be as important, every family should have its own house. But if this is your 2nd or third then the purpose becomes important.
xajimx
post Dec 30 2015, 06:04 PM

Getting Started
198 posts

QUOTE(cdspins @ Dec 30 2015, 07:16 AM)
The general answer to that is definitely worth. But (there is always a but) is the location good? is the developer OK? Is the price around that area similar to your condo price?

As for affordability, it solely depends on your lifestyle, assuming you have no other loans, your mortgage will be around RM2500 to RM3000 which is about 50% of your household income, should be no issue.
I do advise to plan your housing loan based on your current salary and lifestyle and not based on future increment

As for the usage, as this is your first house, then usually the purpose may not be as important, every family should have its own house. But if this is your 2nd or third then the purpose becomes important.
Hey thanks for the reply, yeah quite good i suppose, quite noob in these but i can 'see' and 'feel' that the area will be developed to be an elite residential area. it's Bukit Jelutong, you agree on this? It's quite a prime location as it's connected to 4 diff major highways. Developer is well-known for other projects.

Well-noted on tips given. Thanks a lot! notworthy.gif
jason1986
post Dec 31 2015, 09:44 AM

On my way
671 posts

QUOTE(cutie rabbit @ Dec 29 2015, 11:34 AM)
Hi Jason

Thanks
For GST, it is based on usage of property. Even though it is a serviced apartment built on commercial title, as long as it is meant for and used as a residence, it is exempt from GST. Easy way to check will be to have a look at the principal SPA. If it is under Schedule H of the Housing Development Act, it is meant for residential and if used as such, there should be no GST charged by the vendor on the purchase price, regardless of whether the vendor is registered for GST or not.

see page 12 on usage of land. http://gst.customs.gov.my/en/rg/SiteAssets...5%20%281%29.pdf
l3iTi
post Dec 31 2015, 10:30 AM

On my way
536 posts

How about investment in Hotel Suites?
Anyone mind to elaborate how this works?
Some agent is stating Guaranteed Rental Return for 9yrs.

But what happened after the 9ths yrs?
Does this Suites easy to be sell out in later years?

While typing the question, I feel like not a good investment.... tongue.gif
axisresidence17
post Feb 11 2016, 06:07 PM

Casual
352 posts

Certain banks are a lot more conservative.They would prefer less than 30 percent of your income going to pay for your monthly investment. My first apartment was just about 35 percent of my income.

QUOTE(cdspins @ Dec 30 2015, 07:16 AM)

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:51 PM