Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

IPTV and Repeater Issue

views

TScoconutking
post Sep 3 2015, 03:14 PM, updated 9y ago

1 posts

To Who It May Concern,

I have recently installed Astro IPTV in my house and found out that my room in first floor is having low WIFI-signal (varies between 2-3 bars most of the time).

Thus, I have decided to get myself a repeater to be installed in the first floor living hall (Maxis router is located downstairs near Astro decoder - connected via LAN cable connection).

As I know, the repeater only needs to connect to the WIFI connection and expands the overall signal in first floor. As simple as that.

So here is the problem, whenever I have successfully configured my repeater, the Astro IPTV will go "DOWN" (Signal Unavailable/No Network Connection). However, other devices that are connected to the WIFI seems to remain "UP" (Laptops/Smartphones). No disruption or whatsoever on the WIFI connectivity. Router is working fine. The WIFI signal in my room seems to be full as well! (solid 5 bars) - Only the IPTV went down.

When I switch off the repeater, my IPTV will be "UP" a moment later. It's like, only 1 will work. Either IPTV or Repeater.

I have been in the Maxis gateway and observed that whenever the IPTV is DOWN, the IPTV Service "Multicast" is showing "X" (IPTV UP = Multicast "ticks"). I doubt that there is any IP conflicts.

Here are my devices:-

1) Maxis Router: Technicolor TG784n v3
2) Repeater : D-Link Wireless N Access Point (DAP-1360)

I hope to solve this problem asap

Please advise?

icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif
adamw
post Sep 3 2015, 03:23 PM

Back to serve justice to those PKHKC corrupted Ex-ministers!
3,252 posts

QUOTE(coconutking @ Sep 3 2015, 03:14 PM)
To Who It May Concern,

I have recently installed Astro IPTV in my house and found out that my room in first floor is having low WIFI-signal (varies between 2-3 bars most of the time).

Thus, I have decided to get myself a repeater to be installed in the first floor living hall (Maxis router is located downstairs near Astro decoder - connected via LAN cable connection).

As I know, the repeater only needs to connect to the WIFI connection and expands the overall signal in first floor. As simple as that.

So here is the problem, whenever I have successfully configured my repeater, the Astro IPTV will go "DOWN" (Signal Unavailable/No Network Connection). However, other devices that are connected to the WIFI seems to remain "UP" (Laptops/Smartphones). No disruption or whatsoever on the WIFI connectivity. Router is working fine. The WIFI signal in my room seems to be full as well! (solid 5 bars) - Only the IPTV went down.

When I switch off the repeater, my IPTV will be "UP" a moment later. It's like, only 1 will work. Either IPTV or Repeater.

I have been in the Maxis gateway and observed that whenever the IPTV is DOWN, the IPTV Service "Multicast" is showing "X" (IPTV UP = Multicast "ticks"). I doubt that there is any IP conflicts.

Please advise?

icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif
Yes, I have encountered same problem before. Still not resolved. Only Maxshit have this problem.
MystiqueLife
post Sep 4 2015, 05:00 AM

Casual
451 posts

You need to make it as pure AP and disable all DHCP/firewall/NAT/IGMP functions in your repeater or it will break your connection.

Get a pure AP without routing capability if you are lazy. laugh.gif
Gyrafe
post Jun 11 2017, 04:20 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(coconutking @ Sep 3 2015, 03:14 PM)
To Who It May Concern,

Please advise?

icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif
Hi All,

I just wanted to see if this has ever been resolved. I just bought a DLink 1360 too and the same issue arises when I use it as a AP. My IPTV will stop working if I have it connected to the Maxis Thomson router.

musclemass
post Sep 11 2017, 02:27 PM

Enthusiast
934 posts

I have the same issue as well. Any idea on resolving this?
karyeowl
post Sep 17 2017, 05:24 PM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(MystiqueLife @ Sep 4 2015, 05:00 AM)
You need to make it as pure AP and disable all DHCP/firewall/NAT/IGMP functions in your repeater or it will break your connection.

Get a pure AP without routing capability if you are lazy. laugh.gif
Disable the DHCP on my TP Link AP-500 and connected to Technicolor (ori astro iptv router) It is working fine!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0131sec    0.26    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:00 AM