Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Received letter from credit bureau m'sia, why and what to do?

views

NSakura
post Aug 26 2015, 09:45 PM

13 posts

gotten an update on facebook today ... where another line were added for reference:

Cc: eaduan@kkmm.gov.my

Copying Kementerian Komunikasi dan Multimedia Malaysia (KKMM) for the attention required.
Referring to Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA) publish on http://www.kkmm.gov.my/ website, stated on page 30 titled Processing of sensitive personal data under clause 40. (1) Subject to subsection (2) and section 5, a data user shall not process any sensitive personal data of a data subject except in accordance with the following conditions: (a) the data subject has given his explicit consent to the processing of the personal data... (referring to http://www.kkmm.gov.my/pdf/Personal%20Data...Act%202010.pdf)

nexona88
post Aug 27 2015, 07:05 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,830 posts

QUOTE(NSakura @ Aug 25 2015, 08:58 PM)
Here's suggestion I got from Facebook:

If you receive a letter from Credit Bureau Malaysia Sdn. Bhd., you have the rights to restrict and reject the use of your personal information. Example of a respond:

To: Info@creditbureau.com.my
Cc:warga_ppapk@treasury.gov.my
Hi, referring to letter sent from Credit Bureau Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. dated [letter_date] sent to [your full name as per letter] under address [address_as_per_letter], I wish to have my credit information removed from your record.
I wish to exercise my rights to restrict the use of my information under CRA Act 2010 Summary of Rights where page 2 stated: Your consent must be obtained before a credit reporting agency can disclose/reveal your credit information. This means that a credit reporting agency must get your consent before they can submit your credit report to their subscribers.
Appreciate your action and attention.
Regards, [your_initial]
QUOTE(NSakura @ Aug 26 2015, 09:45 PM)
gotten an update on facebook today ... where another line were added for reference:

Cc: eaduan@kkmm.gov.my

Copying Kementerian Komunikasi dan Multimedia Malaysia (KKMM) for the attention required.
Referring to Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA) publish on http://www.kkmm.gov.my/ website, stated on page 30 titled Processing of sensitive personal data under clause 40. (1) Subject to subsection (2) and section 5, a data user shall not process any sensitive personal data of a data subject except in accordance with the following conditions: (a) the data subject has given his explicit consent to the processing of the personal data... (referring to http://www.kkmm.gov.my/pdf/Personal%20Data...Act%202010.pdf)
kept as reference icon_rolleyes.gif
guy3288
post Aug 27 2015, 10:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,398 posts

i thought sending that email would solve the problem, but no!. must download a form , fill up and send back, i gave up.

this is what i received:
Good Morning.

In reference to your email, we Credit Bureau Malaysia (CBM) is a Credit Reporting Agency (CRA). Our core business & services are providing comprehensive credit information to subscribers of the Bureau which includes Financial Institutions/Corporations/MNC/Government Link Companies etc. (as per notification letter received). In accordance to the CRA Act 2010 we are required to notify the public when your credit information has been collected.

Nevertheless kindly be informed that a written consent must be provided to the credit provider (Financial Institutions/Corporations/MNC/Government Link Companies etc.) in authorizing them to purchase your credit information via CBM’s system. In the event no written consent is provided to the credit provider, they are not allowed to purchase the required via CBM system.

As mentioned above the business dealing is between your company and the credit provider not CBM.

We may at any time limit disclosure to all credit providers upon request. If you would like to proceed in limiting the disclosure of your credit information, kindly fill in the attached and forward the said back to us for processing.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service via our Hotline at 03-78068080.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Hariz Faisal Abdul Halim
Credit Bureau Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. (820050-T)
Tel: 03-7806 8080 (Hotline) Fax: 03-7806 8001
TSmichlove
post Aug 28 2015, 08:49 AM

Getting Started
233 posts

QUOTE(guy3288 @ Aug 27 2015, 10:25 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
why suddenly so many ppl rcv this letter yah....our Gov no money already izzit
TOMEI-R
post Aug 28 2015, 08:54 AM

Extraordinaire
All Stars
23,591 posts

When its a private company requesting such info from you, (notice the Sdn Bhd) and ou have no dealings with them, you can ignore them.
TSmichlove
post Aug 28 2015, 09:27 AM

Getting Started
233 posts

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Aug 28 2015, 08:54 AM)
When its a private company requesting such info from you, (notice the Sdn Bhd) and ou have no dealings with them, you can ignore them.
so I can ignore this letter? I tried to call this company many times too and line is always engage.
TOMEI-R
post Aug 28 2015, 11:16 AM

Extraordinaire
All Stars
23,591 posts

QUOTE(michlove @ Aug 28 2015, 09:27 AM)
so I can ignore this letter? I tried to call this company many times too and line is always engage.
Like mentioned. Just ignore.
lifebalance
post Aug 28 2015, 11:30 AM

Licensed Financial Planner & Financial Adviser's Rep.
All Stars
10,029 posts

QUOTE(michlove @ Jul 23 2015, 02:18 PM)
Hi all,

I received a letter from credit bureau malaysia saying that they have collected credit information of me for the purpose of credit risk assessment...

What is this yah? I would like to know first before I call them...
Just send back a reply saying you're not allowing them to collect.

Not a big problem actually
13aby
post Aug 28 2015, 03:35 PM

Enthusiast
946 posts

Their contact number is another company not theirs ,and customer service always busy . It seems like scam .... The letter never have our I/C number , only have our name and address so i think can just ignore it
buzdev2
post Sep 15 2015, 09:03 PM

Getting Started
174 posts

i just received them too... No idea what i should do
wan7075
post Sep 18 2015, 04:51 PM

Regular
1,336 posts

just saw this post. and i was also received this letter abt 1 month ago..
i think to call and restrict them but finally forgot to do so..
hahagang
post Sep 24 2015, 09:37 AM

Getting Started
51 posts

This company collect our credit information then sell to Credit Provider upon our approval gave. I guess it means from now on, whenever apply any form of loan, there will be form to approve Credit Provider to purchase our Credit Information from this CBM.

It is like CTOS (private) and CRISS (BNM). CTOS sources from publication and CRISS BNM sources from Financial Institution.

Now, my question, how on earth CBM got our Credit Information ? from where ? Do they have right to collect our information for thier profit ?

hahagang
post Sep 24 2015, 09:40 AM

Getting Started
51 posts

Next time, i feel bank later will transfer this cost to loan applicants, or include them into loan application fees.... or something sound like that.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0161sec    0.49    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:43 PM