Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Income Tax Issues v4, Scope: e-BE and eB only

views

danieljaya
post Jun 29 2015, 09:23 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(erictan26 @ Jun 28 2015, 10:52 PM)
Hi,
i got a notis tasiran tambahan rm750 for year 2012 tax last month, after been efiling for year 2014, i found that i do have a lebihan bayaran up till 15/02/2015which amount to 3500.....in this case do i still need to pay the 750 or they will contra off into the 3500?

thanks
In this case, you better call up to individual assessment branch to them.
danieljaya
post Apr 11 2016, 07:59 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

For your question. Is SAP certificate course (skills in ERP programme) eligible for the RM5,000 deduction?

An amount limited to a maximum of RM5,000 is deductible in respect of fees expended on any course of study up to tertiary level in any institution in Malaysia recognised by the Malaysian Government or approved by the Minister for the purpose of acquiring any skills or qualifications:

(i) up to tertiary level (other than a degree at Masters or Doctorate level), for the purpose of acquiring law accounting, Islamic financing, technical, vocational industrial, scientific or technological skills or qualifications; or

(ii) any course of study for a degree at Masters or Doctorate level.
Paragraph 46(1)(f)

If it is full all the above condition, then your SAP certificate course of RM5,000 is eligible for deduction as you have incurred the fees on your own.

The RM5,000 is eligible for the relief per year subject to the condition above.

For the loan incurred, the relief is applicable for interest paid on housing loans which is also subject to terms and conditions. But not applicable for the loan on the course.

This post has been edited by danieljaya: Apr 11 2016, 08:15 AM
danieljaya
post Apr 30 2016, 10:45 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(lch78 @ Apr 30 2016, 12:12 AM)
I am doing my own business. Should I submit under form B or BE?
If you doing your own business as sole proprietorship business then you are file under form b.
If you owning a SDN BHD company and act as director only then you are file under form be.
danieljaya
post Apr 30 2016, 10:58 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(lowyat101 @ Apr 29 2016, 08:40 PM)
Hi, I'm about to submit my e-filling but today my insurance agent told me that I can claim tax relief for paying my mother's medical card insurance under the parents medical claim. But when I searched around, seems that most of the info I gather is the other way round.

Therefore can some experts here advise if it's ok to file this for tax relief?

Thanks
The parents medical claim in the context may refer to 1. Medical expenses for parents or 2. Medical expenses for taxpayer, spouse and children on serious disease.

There is no insurance element inside. However, your insurance agent maybe refer to the types of serious diseases that under your insurance coverage on your parents and get himself confused.

danieljaya
post Apr 30 2016, 01:28 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(ronnie @ Apr 30 2016, 12:41 PM)
Does this mean if I put part of my salary into Petrol Allowance (RM500 per month), I could save RM6000 in taxes, right ?
You can always do a properly planning in structuring your remuneration into such a structure to the allowance.
In term of saving of taxes is depends in the end of the final tax rate that applies varies from 1%-25% for YA 2015 and 1%-28% for YA 2016.

danieljaya
post May 1 2016, 01:01 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(OldSchoolJoke @ May 1 2016, 01:03 AM)
Greeting guys,

I've register through e-Dafter and got my No. Rujukan from the email they sent to me,

When I try to login for the first time, it ask for my No. PIN, how do I get the No. PIN? It doesn't include in the email they sent to me.

Basically, I've registered through e-Daftar, what is the next step?

Thanks in advance.
The PIN number you have to get this from any branches of IRB which is near to you and convenient to you. The following link of address may help you. IRB address
danieljaya
post May 1 2016, 01:08 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(tenchi0205 @ May 1 2016, 12:08 PM)
Hi....if previously got biz (sub con) so using form B...but now retired...how to change to form BE or no need fill in form B....

Its my father in law...last time he work as sub con to a construction company...maybe the main con do the registration process for him or soemthing...I ask him got register ssm for his company or not...he said dun know....

He had not working for almost 5 years...but the LHDN keep send him Form B...so he want to change to Form BE or declare retired....he is 65yrs old oledi.

Tq
For your case, you have to close personal income tax file with income tax officer already. So that in future they wont send the form any more to your father in law.
danieljaya
post May 1 2016, 01:13 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(nicolelim28 @ May 1 2016, 12:13 PM)
Hi, want to ask about:

Perbelanjaan rawatan perubatan, keperluan khas dan penjaga untuk ibu bapa (kaedah kesihatan
disahkan oleh pengamal perubatan)

My father have keep receipt for me for tax submission.  This only can claim for example go to hospital to do radiologi, ECG, right? For like normal cough, fever and go to normal clinic, this is not allow to claim.  Am i right?
In this case if you are doing complete medical examination then you may able to claim for the expenses of up to RM500.
danieljaya
post May 1 2016, 01:25 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(duncan880409 @ May 1 2016, 10:33 AM)
danieljaya wil-i-am nexona88 MGM
Does this meant that as long as it stated in payslip (e.g PLUS allowance : RM600, Petrol allowance : RM600) then i can claim ?
Provided that
1) Even i not utilized the whole RM600, take in this case, i pump only RM500 petrol that month
2) In your EA statement, this allowance actually does not record under "tax exemption" amount, instead they write under "taxable amount"
You can always have a better remuneration package to be well packaged for your own tax saving purposes. But this should be in a consistent way. Anyways, as long as it fit into the lists stated in the section F in the following Section F of the Form EA - List of tax exemption for you to utilize then you may as well communicate well with your HR to restructure your remuneration package.

danieljaya
post May 1 2016, 06:48 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(afeefaminuddin @ May 1 2016, 04:42 PM)
Question:

If i (malaysian) work with singaporean company which don't have any office in Malaysia and do some work in malaysia (few months), also do some work in indonesia and australia, the salary paid by my employer in singapore, do i have to declare the income received in malaysia to IRB? or should i just declare to IRAS?
Are you the employees in Malaysia who are seconded overseas ?
danieljaya
post May 1 2016, 07:17 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(tenchi0205 @ May 1 2016, 05:29 PM)
Just drop by the income tax office...need to bring any documents?
First, just drop by the tax office branch which handles your father in law tax file. You may call 03 6209 1000 to check.

Secondly, if you need some reading on this you may refer to this link Info on your father in law case

Third for the document needed, because your father in law not even sure whether he got register with SSM or not in this case you may refer back to his Form B see whether there is any sole prop name stated there in or not. Because for Employment of Private Sector Employees there is a Form called CP 22A - Tax Clearance Form for Cessation of Employment. For his cases if he got the name of the with the SSM, he have to remove it Remove name from SSM

danieljaya
post May 1 2016, 08:53 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(afeefaminuddin @ May 1 2016, 08:14 PM)
if i do work in malaysia, i stay in malaysia until work done. same goes to indonesia and australia. my salary is monthly based. no tax deduction to IRB.

do i have to portion it according to no. of months?

what if i required to pay all income tax in singapore since my employment income came from singapore, can i being taxed both malaysia and singapore?
Just to get my understanding correct, from what you mentioned above, you are being seconded to malaysia by singapore company.

For your cases we may need to refer to few ruling as follow
Foreign Nationals Working In Malaysia - Tax Treaty Relief
Foreign Nationals Working In Malaysia - Tax Treatment
Taxation of Malaysian Employees Seconded Overseas

Need to gather some more facts from you

Anyways i have a case law for you to refer:

A non-resident French woman, who was employed by a company in France and whose duties involved making visits to countries outside France, was held by the Singapore Board of Review to have been exercising an employment in Singapore. On the construction of the Singapore Income Tax Ordinance, the gains and profits from the exercise of her employment were deemed to have derived from Singapore, notwithstanding that these were not received in Singapore. [F (1958) SB XXIV]
CCH Commentary: Malaysia Master Tax Guide Plus: Commentary

This post has been edited by danieljaya: May 1 2016, 09:55 PM
danieljaya
post May 1 2016, 10:01 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(afeefaminuddin @ May 1 2016, 09:41 PM)
Yes. It seems i am seconded to malaysia. and should report to IRAS but afraid that my income will also be taxed in malaysia. if tax in malaysia, i may apply for relief (double tax agreement) in singapore.

now the question is do my income be taxed in malaysia? ^^ i tried read those rulings but later getting more confused. ;p
How many days you exercised employment in Malaysia ??
danieljaya
post Jan 5 2017, 08:17 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(bcombat @ Jan 1 2017, 07:52 PM)
medical checkup- it was stated as full medical checkup can claim 500.00

If I only do check up on x-Ray in my spine + ultra sound in my upper abdominal area, can claim or not?
With effect from YA 2001, relief for medical expense for taxpayer, spouse and children includes complete medical examination expenses of up to RM 500.

** Complete medical examination refers to through examination.

With effect from YA 2015, the relief for medical expenses for taxpayer, spouse and child on serious diseases is increased to RM 6,000

This post has been edited by danieljaya: Jan 5 2017, 08:24 AM
danieljaya
post Jan 22 2017, 02:22 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(droll @ Jan 18 2017, 08:29 AM)
Tq so much. So if let's say my wife is also an employee of the company (but holds no shares and is not director)  then she can claim?  Because she has no cobtrol over thr company.
Does your wife has control over you?
danieljaya
post Apr 17 2017, 08:30 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(RickJames09 @ Apr 17 2017, 12:38 PM)
Hi. I got married in Aug 2016 and my wife start working in November 2016. Before that, she never work and has no other income. Am i eligible to claim RM3k for the tax relief?

Thanks smile.gif
Not eligible
danieljaya
post Apr 17 2017, 08:30 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(tyh1010 @ Apr 17 2017, 12:32 PM)
Hi, one more thing, can expenses spent for facebook advertising be declared as business expenses? But I am a property agent, filling up form B, with no company or sole proprietorship. how? =/
Can.
danieljaya
post Apr 17 2017, 08:33 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(davidlow7 @ Apr 17 2017, 08:30 PM)
Just to refresh on my question + additional question

1) If I purchase medical insurance for my daughter, am I eligible to claim for tax relief?

2) On the portion

"Perbelanjaan rawatan perubatan, keperluan khas dan penjaga untuk ibu bapa
(keadaan kesihatan disahkan oleh pengamal perubatan)"

If one of my family member claimed under this and did not "divide the number of people claiming this" accordingly. Does it mean that I cannot claim anymore?
(see attached photo for clearer view)

Please advise.

Thanks
1. Yes

2. Please refer to this link.

https://www.facebook.com/MalaysiaTaxation/p...184215008344495

This post has been edited by danieljaya: Apr 17 2017, 08:34 PM
danieljaya
post Apr 18 2017, 07:33 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(edwinleehs @ Apr 18 2017, 12:36 AM)
Hi, Question

I received an amount of hiring bonus on 2016, suppose I required to work for 1 year to entitle the full bonus. But I decided to quit and made repayment of the total amount of hiring bonus on the same year 2016.

Is the hiring bonus still consider a taxable amount? Or I can claim back?
You are not full the condition of getting the hiring bonus. Therefore, not suppose to tax on the same
danieljaya
post Apr 19 2017, 08:12 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(edwinleehs @ Apr 18 2017, 09:49 PM)
Because my EA form stated about this amount.
So when I submit BE form I can just exclude this amount from my total income?
You can do so, please also provide a simple worksheet on this.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0194sec    0.18    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:04 PM