Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Aircon Discussion V3, Home Appliance

views

excaliburcombo
post Sep 26 2020, 11:30 AM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(Momo33 @ Sep 26 2020, 12:04 AM)
Airconds  will reduce the  room humidity  to about 60 %  .  so  setting the temp to 27 C  is fine  for some  people.
i have tried and its OK .
it only need get use to it. 
Low humidity makes  you feel cool  and comfortable.

while we are at this  temp  setting  thing.
i tested  with temp set on AC remote  at 26 C 
I measure the stabilized  room temp using      2  digital thermometer placed  about 10 feet  from  blower outlet .

for non inverter  the temp  oscillates/cycles  from  26.5 to 24  C  corresponding to comp OFF/ comp ON .

for invertor  it stabilize  at around  24.5 - 25  C  .
my pana inverter also set at 27 C during night. Because indoor direct blow at bed. try set 25 C at midnight cannot tahan already too cool.
excaliburcombo
post Apr 19 2021, 01:54 AM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(hendry91 @ Apr 18 2021, 11:34 PM)
Recently I've bought 2 penasonic 1.5 & 2.0 XU series AC from lazada by using save 2.0 voucher and 3 units Panasonic bayu 5 fan.
But I found that, a lot of shop are out of stock for Panasonic products, not sure what happened to Panasonic. What's wrong with Panasonic now?
I prefer to have same brands for whole house.
So still need to buy 4 fan, 2 wall AC, and 1 cassette. But suddenly feel x confident with Panasonic. lol
I asked few shop nearby my house, all Panasonic AC out of stock too.
So I scare the Panasonic spare part might difficult to find in the future, was thinking to continue buy Panasonic AC at lazada or change to other brands.
Any suggestions? Or any recommended brand & model for AC(1hp & 1.5hp wall and 2.5hp cassette?
panasonic inverter air cond laku keras due to save voucher. ask some seller give same feedback.
excaliburcombo
post Apr 21 2021, 02:26 AM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(ceo684 @ Apr 20 2021, 09:11 PM)
For a more indepth analysis between R32 and R410 can refer here
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/artic...140700712003532
R32 does have its eco friendly benefit in terms of ozone depletion, but for very hot ambient (46C) it start to struggle. Minus 18C not achievable unless you're doing cold chain logistics. Between these two extremes at normal malaysian ambient ~30-35C no significant diff between R32 or R410 cooling performance.

In terms of model wise as long as it has an inverter, even R410 also will work well, coz it can run in slow mode when it has reached target temp and continue to dehumidify the room - whilst non inverter will stop the compressor and run fan only mode in the IDU - it starts to get stuffy*. Do note, Inverter will begin to save power only after the room has reached target temp ya.

*and this is why some ppl who were used to the non inverter models always put it freezing cold at 16C to force the non inverter AC to run nonstop
*this behaviour of setting extreme freezer temp at 16C to force AC to continue running all the time is not required as inverter ACs still continue to run slowly even after it has achieved target temp of say 25C, as it didn't fully stop, it will continue to dehumidify the room thumbup.gif

The 24K btu Pana looks like a better bet in terms of btu to $; as it will be able to cool down the room faster than the other 20K btu models shortlisted.

In terms of big AC longetivity..R410 compressors may actually last a bit longer than R32 compressors as the R32 ones run hotter than the R410s.
Here is the panasonic inverter 1hp current usage from my HA. Can see the step up and down when room temp archieve .

Attached Image
excaliburcombo
post Apr 23 2021, 10:10 PM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(MystiqueLife @ Apr 23 2021, 12:04 AM)
Interesting. Would you mind to shed some light on how to get this reading?

I am using 1.5 and 2.5 XU units from Panasonic. The mobile app is pretty good but the only drawbacks are some times the app is down due to server issues and it can't store more than 6 different timers per day. Loved the WiFi remote control although I had to pay for one of it since it didn't came as complimentary gift anymore. My electricity bills reduced as well from using 1.0 x 2 units of non inverters.  tongue.gif  tongue.gif
im using tuya/smart life smart plug with energy monitoring. This smart plug integrate into home assistant using local tuya integration. You need to get device local_key to add into localtuya integration. If use normal tuya integration can only on/off the device. Actually im monitoring all my house electric consumption. Im setting home assistant to sent consumption summary on 11.59pm daily. You can head up to smart home discussion and get idea/ask how to monitor your electric consumption.

Attached Image

Attached Image

This post has been edited by excaliburcombo: Apr 23 2021, 10:12 PM
excaliburcombo
post Jun 2 2021, 02:05 AM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(incredibless @ Jun 1 2021, 10:34 PM)
Wow thanks alot for your kind reply. For usage average temperature will be around 22-24c so i think better than nothing right for Inverter vs Non Inverter. Just wondering is it really save a big differences. In terms of brand any comments on Sharp and Panasonic aside from BTU? hmm.gif
my living room got 2 AC 1HP panasonic inverter running afternoon till night. Before this used non inverter type and i can say it worth. I cannot said the actual drop in electric bill coz changing other device one shot (2 inverter AC at living room + inverter fridge + inverter washing machine) but the drop almost half.

This is example current load at my son room during night. Temperature set at 28C and you can see the step inverter running after room temp archive.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by excaliburcombo: Jun 2 2021, 02:08 AM
excaliburcombo
post Jun 6 2021, 11:06 PM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Jun 6 2021, 10:12 PM)
For non invertor, once the preset temp is achieved  the compressor will cut-off and the indoor blower speed will reduce. Once the room temp increases, the compressor kick start again and the fan speed increases.

For invertor (I dont own a unit), it should work the same way, except it wont cut-off but reduced operation to maintain the set temperature.

The way how non invertor operates increases electricity usage as compared to invertor ...that is what many people claimed.
Inverter also when achieve set temp will cut off compressor same like non inverter. The different is gradual turning on current while non inverter got surge (on/off only). Example new car got fuel consumption you can monitor. When you full throttle let say example 15L per 100KM. When you gradual increase throttle it go 5L to 8L and so on. When you get off from traffic light you open much throttle vs you slow build up speed is really effecting full consumption.

And yes my the electric bill decrease when swapping 4 inverter device at my house.

Attached Image
excaliburcombo
post Jun 7 2021, 01:07 PM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(ceo684 @ Jun 7 2021, 12:34 AM)
Yes, the diff between NON and INV is the running pattern after the aircon already reach target temp. Before it reach target temp, all AC also run full speed.
So (1) the target temp need to be an achieveable one like 25C. If set to 16C freezer it will have no savings from INV since it take a long time to achieve that target (might as well buy NON)

And after that target temp say 25C is achieved..
(2) why people say INV can have cost savings in terms of power consumption
the INV can run like a car once you hit speed limit just hold it there (maintain cruising speed) it won't use much fuel. As the aircon compressor still running (slowly) it will continue to dehumidify the room (so NOT stuffy)

(3) why INV can have better comfort (less stuffy)
Unfortunately the NON can only in either full pedal or not pressed at all - there is no in between.
So the driving pattern will be up-and-down temp and fuel consumption also increase. When compressor off (refer operating pattern above "NON AC operating pattern") there is NO dehumidifying here (since compressor is OFF) so user feel stuffy = (typical user behaviour) to keep the aircon compressor ALWAYS running = set to 16C lor = no cost saving.

(4) frequency of usage
for AC that the intended usage is only 2 weeks in a year, NON also good enough. The operating cost saving take too many decades to recover the purchase price diff.
for AC that is frequently used, the power consumption saving can ROI in few years especially at 3rd tier TNB and onwards (0.51c/unit or higher) quickly, so it makes sense to get an INV for lower TCO (total cost of ownership)
Yes notice when temp achieve the first time (mine 27C) the compressor will stay at much lower load. Then the compressor will turn off and on after awhile. Not sure the mode select cause this. Im using auto mode panasonic inverter (got read it will switch cool and dry mode).

Attached Image
excaliburcombo
post Jun 8 2021, 04:57 PM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(yongtjunkit @ Jun 7 2021, 09:36 PM)
I see, for me I was able to pull off the AC casing, the drain pan is a bit hard to put back together due to difficulty in aligning the drain pan
I see, for this case no chemical is required too?

Also btw, do I pour the hot water on the coil or at a corner of the drain pan(kinda tight to access on the right side)?

Btw is there a way to avoid this buildup? Having this issue since I got this AC(every year)
QUOTE(mini orchard @ Jun 7 2021, 09:45 PM)
I dont use chemical to clean ac. Good water pressure will do.

You need to use small brush to access tight corners

Cant avoid the gel. Is normal 'waste' product of using ac like the clogged filters.
Sometimes if the coil fin out front a bit dirty, the below coil fin will catch the dirty when cleaning/spray water only. Observe when cleaning my indoor unit. So every six month/1 year i wash the drain pan and blower. During this i have access to take look below coil fin. i also spray dish wash liquid at coil din and clean with water (same use garden hose).

Attached Image
excaliburcombo
post Jun 9 2021, 12:50 PM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(yongtjunkit @ Jun 9 2021, 10:07 AM)
I belive it's easy to remove the drain pan but when putting the drain pan back together it's kinda tricky to put it back together with the clips from both side of the ac and the drain hose together(copper pipe side, motherboard side)
Yes panasonic inverter xpu drain pan got 3 clip below. Actually i would say a bit easier(no screw when to attach drain pipe to pan) compare to daikin/other model that have screw.
excaliburcombo
post Jun 20 2021, 04:15 AM

Getting Started
194 posts

Try to monitor consumption reading between cool mode vs auto mode on panasonic inverter xpu model. Below the pic consumption cool vs auto mode. Notice there is small different usage between them.

cool mode
Attached Image

auto mode
Attached Image
excaliburcombo
post Jun 21 2021, 08:03 AM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(lyt25_1234 @ Jun 20 2021, 09:25 PM)
What app is that to monitor?
I'm monitoring using home assistant.
excaliburcombo
post Sep 8 2021, 01:36 PM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(sksportcar @ Sep 8 2021, 10:00 AM)
I login this forum everyday just to check whether you have reply or not laugh.gif no problem mate cool2.gif

1. Wow 400sqft so big.

2. Luckily you have partition between living room area of bedroom and actual bed area so you can separate between 2 ac. Can choose which ac to on or off - save electricity.

3. 82kw for 1 month for daily 7 hours used - freaking save electricity dude. I also normally set 26-28 depends on climate on a day. My bad i undersize my ac on my master bedroom coz im not considering heat coming from roof as my bedroom on top floor.(living an apartment before).

4. My LG is also good but the problem is it really struggling to maintain the set temperature even at 28 on hot day maybe due to underpower ac. After considering what you have said and comparing between LG Dual Inverter 2hp and this Panasonic X-Premium Inverter 2hp i'll go with Panasonic because this model got higher rated btu 19,000 comparing LG only got 18,000 rated btu.

Many thanks to your explanation and advice notworthy.gif
Would like to share my son room 1HP Panasonic XPU AC consumption 11PM till 7AM daily. Average monthly consumption around 40kwh (example 3rd block tnb 0.516x40=RM20.64) which is quite good. temperature set 28C as direct blow to bed.

Attached Image

excaliburcombo
post Oct 14 2021, 04:16 AM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(zuozi @ Oct 14 2021, 12:23 AM)
My first gen pana inverter are from 20a switch to idu, from idu insulated 3 core wire to ODU

Almost 10 year now idu infrared receiver already kabut not planning to change it

Now if I want install new inverter ac
Can I from idu conseal wall cable using connector then route 3 core insulated wire to ODU then from ODU 4 core insulated wire back to idu?

If my understanding used to all ac from idu then odu
Now are ODU only back to idu?

Edited
depend on which brand. Last time saw samsung inverter main power at ODU. But mostly the incoming power at IDU.
excaliburcombo
post May 13 2022, 09:24 PM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(voscar @ May 13 2022, 09:01 PM)
Ya no service, daily estimate 5 hours usage since parents at home, afternoon hot weather sure on.

BTW, I'm still able to reproduce the problem. On lower temp and high fan speed, example 21c and 3 or above higher fan speed, then compressor confirmed will slow down after 5 mins. We usually use 25c and fan speed 1 or 2 then will be alright to use.

I suspect then ODU fan spinning was weak, very less wind blowing compare to last time, jialak quality so bad less than 5 years already weak. I check YouTube the capacitor seems to soldered on the ODU PCB board and 5 years compressor warranty seems doesn't cover this item...
indoor blower OK? fan full speed wind kuat or not? Wind come out all area or not? sometime indoor unit have blocking will having this problem (start run ok later the compressor slow down)
excaliburcombo
post Aug 12 2022, 12:55 AM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(ceo684 @ Aug 11 2022, 10:22 PM)
Other than the 2 i mention kenot pakai one.
Mine 1HP Hisense non inverter experience seem fine. Use 3 year without any issue. Then change to Pana inverter and give it to sister until today still running fine.
excaliburcombo
post Aug 12 2022, 05:27 AM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(ceo684 @ Aug 12 2022, 01:20 AM)
that depends on what u looking for. it will work but whether or not it work really good is another story whistling.gif
The AC cold and no sudden high jump in electricity bill after install for my case can consider not bad. But sure can pakai one right whistling.gif . kenot pakai one tauk parit rclxs0.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2930sec    0.37    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th November 2022 - 11:17 PM