Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Aircon Discussion V3, Home Appliance

views

-kytz-
post Jan 28 2022, 04:44 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,509 posts

Any recommendation for 1HP air conditioner with WiFi with budget around RM1,400?

Btw, has anyone tried using Xiaomi/Acara gateway to link the aircon to Xiaomi/Mijia app?
-kytz-
post Oct 31 2022, 12:35 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,509 posts

Hi, in general, how much energy savings would I expect from a inverter air conditioner vs a non invertor? Maybe 20-30%?
-kytz-
post Oct 31 2022, 10:13 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,509 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Oct 31 2022, 06:24 AM)
Many factors to consider.

1. Correct hp to space ratio.
2. Duration of usage
3. Location of ac ..... room or open space like living hall
4. Maintenance
5. Unit direction facing
6. Number of occupants
1. Correct hp to space ratio
From Daikin's calculator, I need is around 18,000BTU

2. Duration of usage
On average, 7 hours a day

3. Location of ac ..... room or open space like living hall
Small room, around 200 sq feet with height of 10 feet

4. Maintenance

5. Unit direction facing
Condo facing west with full exposure of the sun lol

6. Number of occupants
2 people

7. Window size
Big window 5 feet x 7 feet

I'm looking at this 2.0 hp unit and is 1,300W considered high power consumption?
https://www.midea.com/my/air-conditioners/r...es-msep-19crfn8

My current aircon is this:
https://www.panasonic.com/my/support/produc...cs-pc12qkh.html

This post has been edited by -kytz-: Oct 31 2022, 12:16 PM
-kytz-
post Oct 31 2022, 02:19 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,509 posts

QUOTE(ivzh @ Feb 21 2022, 01:42 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

QUOTE(lwk523 @ Mar 30 2022, 09:38 PM)
I bought this midea all easy pro 2.0hp .. It is good
QUOTE(ivzh @ Apr 4 2022, 04:23 PM)
Ya me too, so far it's good. havent have time to dissemble it myself to have some cleaning thou. wonder if it's as easy as being advertised
Hey, any review on the midea all easy pro 2.0hp? I'm looking to get this unit too.

Does the inverter really help save $$ ?

Does the app show like power consumption or scheduling on/off and timer?
-kytz-
post Feb 27 2023, 09:03 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,509 posts

Any inverter aircon where the app I can easily adjust the fan speed or temperature to change to certain value after x number of hours or at a certain time?

Also, power consumption reading in the app would be very useful also
-kytz-
post Mar 21 2023, 03:39 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,509 posts

I'm thinking of replacing my very old 2007 air conditioner but my aircon repairer mentioned the pipping (?) is the thinner type and all the modern aircons are using much thicker pipes due to much higher pressure (like 2x more pressure than aircons back in the days). He mentioned it is possible to change to a thicker piping but needs a lot of hacking job as it is inside the walls.

Also, he also mentioned my place wiring has only 3 lines whereby the Earth needs to be used for the Control or something, I really didn't understand too. But basically there will be no earthing (But I live in a condo where there is lightning protection)

He did mention he installed 10 new air conditioners before MCO for other units at my condo which the same small piping and all, there are no issues until now.

My aircon at low fan there is almost no air coming out, I suspect the thermostat is faulty too as the temperature is not accurate. Plus a newer inverted type airconditioner may save me electricity.

But should I take the risk though? Any inverter airconditioner I could take a look at which might have lower pressure?
-kytz-
post Jun 25 2023, 10:30 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,509 posts

Bumping this in case anyone else have different views smile.gif

As I won't be changing from my R22 non-inverter aircon, wanted to know which consumes more electricity.... lowering temperature or increasing fan speed?

QUOTE(-kytz- @ Mar 21 2023, 03:39 PM)
I'm thinking of replacing my very old 2007 air conditioner but my aircon repairer mentioned the pipping (?) is the thinner type and all the modern aircons are using much thicker pipes due to much higher pressure (like 2x more pressure than aircons back in the days). He mentioned it is possible to change to a thicker piping but needs a lot of hacking job as it is inside the walls.

Also, he also mentioned my place wiring has only 3 lines whereby the Earth needs to be used for the Control or something, I really didn't understand too. But basically there will be no earthing (But I live in a condo where there is lightning protection)

He did mention he installed 10 new air conditioners before MCO for other units at my condo which the same small piping and all, there are no issues until now.

My aircon at low fan there is almost no air coming out, I suspect the thermostat is faulty too as the temperature is not accurate. Plus a newer inverted type airconditioner may save me electricity.

But should I take the risk though? Any inverter airconditioner I could take a look at which might have lower pressure?
QUOTE(Max @ Mar 21 2023, 04:42 PM)
not sure about piping and pressure, but very old already, i think better changed.

about the control/signal wire, thats true if u r changing to Inverter AC. INV AC need signal wire from indoor unit to 'control' the INV compressor functions.

so the earth wire will be converted to signal wire from indoor to outdoor unit. 'theoretically' ur outdoor unit still will be 'earth' by those copper piping linking from indoor to outdoor.
QUOTE(Jason @ Mar 21 2023, 05:46 PM)
2007 probably using R22 gas. Answer is no, it is not up to spec for latest R32 a/c. Don't take the risk, anything happens you just going to pay more for installer to fix it. And if your a/c is still working fine, don't need to change lah. Yes, newer a/c is more power saving, but the $$$ to do it properly.. not worth the power savings.
QUOTE(ceo684 @ Mar 29 2023, 07:29 PM)
Theoretically no problem to retrofit if it doesn’t leak
However if there is a leak then you got your answer alr

For the inv need 4 lines. Usually cut corner by illegally tapping the earth wire. By right should be earthed to another earth point from a nearby socket.
-kytz-
post Jun 25 2023, 10:30 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,509 posts

double post

This post has been edited by -kytz-: Jun 25 2023, 10:30 PM
-kytz-
post Sep 26 2023, 10:52 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,509 posts

Guys, what is the cheapest inverter 1.5HP (must have wifi) and 2.0HP aircon?
-kytz-
post Sep 29 2023, 11:20 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,509 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Sep 29 2023, 05:23 AM)
You must tell here what you have found, then maybe someone here can tell whether yours is the cheapest in town.

You help us, we help you.
Brilliant idea!

Midea 1.5HP with inverter for RM1,388. I think has WiFi too.
https://shp.ee/qxnim28
-kytz-
post Sep 29 2023, 03:37 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,509 posts

QUOTE(VeeJay @ Sep 29 2023, 03:31 PM)
If possible go with 5 star rating, in a long run, it does save your electricity bill, although initial investment might be a little higher 200-300 bucks

I think Midea's latest model has easy cleaning for DIY guys, the roller is easily removable, do check those out as well
Actually in the long run my pipe might even burst as it is not rated to withstand the pressure of the R32 gas. Don't think I would like to do any hacking so right now.

My dilemma below:

QUOTE(-kytz- @ Mar 21 2023, 03:39 PM)

-kytz-
post Nov 11 2023, 12:35 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,509 posts

Hisense or Midea aircon WiFi app has better integration with Samsung things or Google home?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0242sec    0.08    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:39 AM