Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Aircon Discussion V3, Home Appliance

views

halcyon27
post Nov 1 2020, 11:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

QUOTE(kennobi @ Oct 30 2020, 02:24 PM)
Anybody here use the auto clean hisense air conditioning? Any feedback does it really work as described. Thanks in advance.
Most likely it's a one button fan mode (with ion if so equipped) that runs 20-120minutes depending on vendor. Daiki employs that feature named mould proof operation. Sharp calls it Clean mode which couples that with its plasmacluster that runs for 20-30 minutes which I prefer. Samsung AC has is 30 minute coupled with S plasma but it's not as clean..I had to combine that with Fan mode operation timed to turn off after 2 hours making it a 2 hour fan mode with 30 minute auto clean. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) has a clean mode toggle that runs the fan to dry the heat exchanger and fan scroll in 120 minutes. Mitsubishi Electric, I just train my kids to switch to fan mode and time it to turn off after 2 hours. The older Panasonic EcoNavi models without nanoe g (or is it nanoe X) is literally a mould breeder. The models with it is a much needed improvement to address that shortcoming. I would avoid any AC models without fan mode.

It's just to prevent mould build up or at least slow it down so that the service interval can be lengthened. They still have to be cleaned but they are a needed feature to slow down or in Sharp's instance, to eliminate mould build up.

My preference is the Sharp implementation of it. In my 6 years of using 1,2 and 2.5HP, the service technician says there's hardly any mould. My other AC have to wash.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Nov 1 2020, 11:36 AM
halcyon27
post Nov 2 2020, 06:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

QUOTE(yongtjunkit @ Nov 1 2020, 12:36 PM)
I wonder what are the sign of mould in the AC? Somehow few weeks after servicing the AC already got some awful smell sometimes when switching on the AC
Musty smell too late already but cannot be avoided because where is moisture there will be mould. Perhaps occasional chemical wash that deals with mould in the condensate drainage pipes. Also the drainage piping, is it connected to a common floor trap which is common in condo or routed outdoor in a separate piping outside bedroom window in landed.

That's why I prefer Plasmacluster integrated in the AC. Fan mode besides clean mode helps delay it. The other AC model that address this is Hitachi frost clean.

In Japan, they have this type of solution to prevent backflow of air from the drainage pipe.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Nov 2 2020, 07:34 PM
halcyon27
post Nov 2 2020, 10:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

QUOTE(yongtjunkit @ Nov 2 2020, 08:49 PM)
The drainage pipe is connected to a separate piping outdoor(landed)

hmm.gif 4 months since last service(but noticed the smell quite some while)

Enabling/ disabling it’s cleaning cycle( in filter deactivation) doesn’t seem to make a difference to the smell once it’s there
If the piping has an exposed section that is safely user accessible, see if a silicone membrane like this can be installed and DIY in such a way that it can be dismantled easily to wash and put back. Better to buy a few and just replaced while the use ones is washed and cleaned.

What you are encountering is AC blower induced negative air pressure backflow and that's known phenomenon. Hence Maruichi's Wal-Es product in Japan.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Nov 2 2020, 10:14 PM
halcyon27
post Oct 22 2023, 09:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

user posted image

Anyone knows what this funky flappy fan thingy is? Saw it at a restaurant just now. Where can buy it, etc?
halcyon27
post Oct 22 2023, 09:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

QUOTE(heater8812 @ Oct 22 2023, 09:03 PM)
TQVM!

19 Pages « < 17 18 19Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0233sec    0.35    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:15 PM