I have done extensive research and this phone from March 2015 - June 2015 was the best phone I could find among all the others at its price range & specs, not to mention it's a brand that people recognize (not some unknown Chinese/HK start up). Recently, the Meizu M2 Note has taken over with only slightly better specs at a slightly more cheaper price.. or so that's what I had thought until I watched this..
Lenovo K3 Note and Meizu M2 Note Battle Royale!
Some high light from this review:
1) It’s outright insane what a good phone Lenovo managed to build there at a price-tag of just $149. It blows away anything MT6752 you have seen to date within the sub $160 range and even some devices priced at much higher levels.
2) A pro of the 100% plastic approach is the weight. At only 146g the phone is very light for a 5.5-incher, which we are sure many of you will appreciate.
3) One flaw we have to complain about are the touch buttons below the screen. Those don’t feature back-illumination and also don’t offer a reflective coating
4) If you take a look at other reviews you might notice some folks complaining about reduced sharpness and clarity compared to other 1080p displays. Well, we can actually confirm that the screen is a bit less crisp and pixels are more visible than with other 1080p 5.5-inchers. The reason for that is a different pixel structure that Lenovo went for to cut down on cost.
5) The performance (MT6752) reached with this set-up is on-par with Snapdragon 801 devices except for the (theoretical) GPU performance as GPU benchmarks like 3DMark confirm.
6) The internal memory of 16GB isn’t split into several partitions on the Lenovo K3 Note which means that you can use the majority of the phones memory for applications and data. 12GB of memory is what you get available and it can be extended at any time using micro SD cards.
7) The current stable version is based on Android 5.0 Lollipop and a developer version based on Android 5.1 is available as well. We can easily say that Lenovo created the best Android 5.0 ROM we’ve seen running on a MT6752 device to date in terms of optimization.
8) This handset actually features the best camera we’ve seen to date on a sub $160 device.
9) The battery life somehow got better and better with each and every charge. Right now we reached the maximum we believe which is one day of battery life with heavy usage but no gaming. The Geekbench battery test certifies a screen-on time of 6:29 hours with automatic brightness and screen-dim disabled. Charging unfortunately takes a bit too long at 4 – 5 hours.
The Leovo K3 Note has been our budget-surprise of the year so far. We didn’t expect any manufacturer to beat the price-performance-ratio companies like Mlais, Ecoo and iOcean established, yet have been proven wrong. The Lenovo K3 Note is miles ahead of devices like the iOcean M6752, Mlais M53 Red Note or Ecoo E04 Aurora in pretty much every aspect. It’s impressive what a huge bunch of specs and features one can offer at such a low price tag of just $149. Despite the missing support for FDD-LTE band 20 the Lenovo K3 Note is an almost perfect phablet and the features that blew us away the most are the camera and audio quality of this phone. We really doubt that any manufacturer will be able to beat the Lenovo K3 Note in short-term and thus really recommend you to have a closer look at this device in case you are looking for a proper mid-range phablet right now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCwMQkX-1sw (Singaporean review)
-As of 8 July 2015-
China price....... RM527 (CNY899) PLS USE THIS AS BENCHMARK!
ID Wholesale Smartphone shop.............. RM588 (Back In Stock!)
Singapore price.... between RM504 - 560 (S$180 - 200)
Satu Gadget....... RM595
Greenfone Gadget Store..... RM598
Lazada price...... RM622 - 1,037
+++ List of Tools +++
GAPPS 64-bit for Lolli v5.1
OTA apk (use to dload ST or DEV version) - For Official ROM only / not working with custom ROM
+++ List of Official ROM (DEV only) +++
+++ List of Official ROM (DEV / ST / ROW only)
Additional list of ROMs
+++ List of Custom Recovery +++
+++ List of Custom ROMs +++
VibeUI 2.8 5.1 LTT MDSTEAM
AOSP V4 Xancin
+++ List of Flashing Steps +++
Steps to install Official ROM
Steps to install Custom ROM
+++ Whatsapp LED notification fix when using VIBEUI rom +++
U must have root access to change it and also note editor (i'm using es note editor by es file explorer)
To fix led notification :-
1. Go to /system/build.prop and open it using the note editor.
2. Scroll down the file and look for these three lines :
3. Change these three lines to :
4. Save the build.prop & restart ur phone.
+++ GLONASS fix when using ROW rom +++
Android 5.1 or VibeUI 2.8 on 1526 Dev ROM
Download link: http://phonedl.ota.lenovomm.com/dls/v6/VIB...K50-T5_WC06.zip
Download link 2: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1GxtMm
Waze issue and alternatives:
BTW, got other options :-