Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Nintendo Switch Official Thread, *Switched*

views

emy_xvidia
post Mar 4 2017, 07:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

Managed to grab 2 Neon units from 11street sold by TrueGamers. Paid this morning and then checked out just now already sold out. Damn lucky me. Lol. laugh.gif
emy_xvidia
post Mar 4 2017, 08:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

QUOTE(stringfellow @ Mar 4 2017, 07:27 PM)
Contemplating ordering that RAVPower 26800mAh USB-PD powerbank. Either personal-shopper from US or 11street it. Hmmmmmm
it costs a bomb for a powerbank. unsure.gif
emy_xvidia
post Mar 5 2017, 04:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

QUOTE(stringfellow @ Mar 5 2017, 01:31 AM)
Here's the link to the external charger and powerbank testing thread on Reddit and the layman terms to explain it. https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/com...erbank_testing/

Particularly this GoogleDoc spreadsheet for the results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hEg...dit?usp=sharing

In short, getting the RAVPower 26,800maH with USB-PD is like using almost as good as using your official Nintendo AC charger, albeit you're totally portable. Unless future games consumes more than 30W of power draw from the Switch, you'll be charging your Switch happily while gaming from the RAVPower powerbank.
Thanks for the enlightenment regarding the powerbank. brows.gif Just ordered mine from W.J Mall on 11street, a little bit expensive i guess but since considering Amazon UK doesnt ship to Malaysia and Amazon US has no stock currently, fark it. I travel a lot so it's nice to have the extra juice for extended gaming on the go.
emy_xvidia
post Mar 5 2017, 03:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

QUOTE(Gilthoniel @ Mar 5 2017, 09:27 AM)
Hi bro can share the link for the powerbank on 11street?

I see so many different descriptions and prices but same photos...

Lol
Here you go.
emy_xvidia
post Mar 5 2017, 07:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

QUOTE(Gilthoniel @ Mar 5 2017, 05:56 PM)
Thank you bro

Still thinking about it. Quite pricey 😅

Wonder how many cycles can it charge the switch for
I think it's very pricey but you can always wait for Amazon US to restock and use some sort of forwarder service to ship it to you if they don't provide direct shipping to MY. But I believe the cost should be around the same as what you paid to these 11street sellers, maybe way cheaper if our currency a little bit stronger at that time.

Anyway I believe one fully-charged RAVPower 26860mAh can charge the Switch roughly around 5 times.
emy_xvidia
post Mar 5 2017, 09:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

QUOTE(isr25 @ Mar 5 2017, 09:02 PM)
First time played Just Dance on Switch - last I played it was on the PS4 when it first launched (Just Dance 2014?). The PS4 version was highly inaccurate, just doing nothing also could score points sad.gif played it on the Switch with Joy-Cons with my wife - very high accuracy with the Joy-Cons - she was extremely happy with the great workout that we had playing it. Highly recommended guys!
Great feedback. Can show demo of you playing?? Haha tongue.gif
emy_xvidia
post Mar 9 2017, 11:12 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

Damn has been playing BOTW till no sleep. So addicting. Much more addictive than The Witcher 3 for me even! sweat.gif
emy_xvidia
post Mar 9 2017, 04:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

Play-Asia has cancelled my order for the Hori Tough Pouch. Anyone knows where to buy this here?
emy_xvidia
post Mar 10 2017, 05:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

Must be really poor people that always wanna complain this and that. Not that im against poor people really, but reading their comments will have some sort of brain-damaging effects. Early adopters usually pay higher prices, it has always been this case, from consoles to computing parts like GPU. Can't accept it then wait a few months for the price to be stabilized.

I'm coming from a Sony background, from the old PSone all the way to PS4, I think Nintendo has come out with something out of the ordinary this time around, which is a good thing. Not a perfect console though, but PS4 isn't too. Well back to playing the Switch for me. Life is to be embraced and enjoyed, not making everything a sour issue to talk about unless obviously if you're a kid with no money but a big mouth to complain, or a fark-up middle-age Unker with no life.

Criticizing is good,condemning is not. 2 different things. In Malaysia, Bijan 2.6B issue alone is enough for us not to take other things so seriously or else, you'd have serious mental issue ley. laugh.gif
emy_xvidia
post Mar 10 2017, 06:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

Getting the Pro Controller also but sold out at Impulse. But all the other accessories are a scarce as well.
emy_xvidia
post Mar 10 2017, 07:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

QUOTE(nuel92 @ Mar 10 2017, 07:36 PM)
Oh damnit. I just ordered this one from playasia 😭
Better change it since the Hori Premium is known to peel off even if the Switch is warm. The cheaper Hori surprisingly doesn't suffer from the issue laugh.gif
emy_xvidia
post Mar 12 2017, 01:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

QUOTE(hyperyouth_firepower @ Mar 12 2017, 12:32 AM)
aww shucks. LOL. And there I was like "eh? they're starting to sell without the bundle already?" LOL

I wonder though IF, assuming IF, there are no bundled games; is the Zelda "special" edition (not the one with the full premium special edition, just the one with the coin and the pouch, i think its USD90) is worth it or not.
It's the Zelda Special Edition. I think it's worth it if its 90 dollars. The pouch is something that I really really want. Where do you plan to buy it? Finding one too.
emy_xvidia
post Mar 12 2017, 09:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

QUOTE(tnsai @ Mar 12 2017, 08:04 PM)
Yeah I saw the seller on Lelong.. he/she is actually from HK.. and I'm just worried it could be a fake item...  As for the price rm 179 is pretty ok considering the Switch charger is selling rm 200++ at least from what I've seen so far.

I've done some research and seems this particular Anker model can charge and play at the same time
Make sure you got the right model, which is the Anker PowerPort+ 5 USB-C with USB PD. My guts say the the seller DirectMY on Lelong is legit. Anyway the product itself is excellent, according to this review here by Nathan K.

If you're worried that it's fake, I bought it already, just waiting for confirmation from the seller that it's available, so I can be your guinea pig. laugh.gif If it's fake then I'd report him to Lelong. Anyway based on the price, I'd say fark the official Nintendo charger and get the Anker instead. You're paying less for a multiple-port charging hub with USB-C PD support and have other USB-A ports as well, good for your other mobile devices. I don't have the item yet, somehow no personal experience of the product but I'd buy whatever Nathan K and Benson recommend. They are the experts in testing chargers and cables.
emy_xvidia
post Mar 13 2017, 12:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

QUOTE(PleaseEnterYourName @ Mar 13 2017, 12:34 AM)
just got my switch for 2499 without any game. shop rip me off as i need to fork out extra 200 to buy zelda game. sad.gif good luck for them in selling the 1-2 switch game. total damage 2699.
Damn that's a total rip-off! Why did you agree to buy it then? Must be due to kenot tahan ady right?? brows.gif

When I first saw GH preorder price also I told myself never to support them. But you mmg kena kow bro sweat.gif
emy_xvidia
post Mar 13 2017, 03:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

I'd like to share my experience of buying 2 Switch bundles from TrueGamers. Bought from them via 11street (which is good since there's a buyer protection buying from these platforms eg; Lazada, 11street.my.) It was their 1st batch of the Switch so I guess I'd give them a try since they were the only one with stocks left. But it wasn't as pleasing as I'd hope for from them. They sent only one unit to me last week. I had to go through the trouble of calling them, asking explanations why I received only one unit. They told that they mislooked the order number etc which I thought was 'Ok it's forgive-able.' They said they would send another one unit from the 2nd batch. The reason I got from them was because of stock availability, so this waiting game isn't supposed to happen in the 1st place. Cut things short, they did send the 2nd unit last week. I was busy so missed the courier.

So today I went to Gdex to pick up my 2nd unit and suprisingly the problem of dealing with these amatuer hasnt ended yet. Upon unboxing there were no games inside. TrueGamers and their 'forgetful' excuse is why I will never ever deal with them again. I contacted them and threatened to make reports then straight away responded would send the games via PosLaju today. So to future buyers of them kindly check what you are supposed to get.

Last time the issue with them was that they didn't wanna include the 3 free Amiibos. Upon countless of enquiries they gave up and said they'd include the Amiibos. And now this. Be aware. I'd get from reputable and trusted sellers only after this. Luckily I got these from 11street.my, anything shitty happens can straight report to 11street.my.

emy_xvidia
post Mar 13 2017, 06:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

QUOTE(Upsilon @ Mar 13 2017, 04:54 PM)
just out of curiousity, do u get the amiibo in the second delivery?
For the 2nd unit, since it was their fault that they didnt send it together with my 1st unit, they gave me an extra Amiibo (a total of 4 Amiibos for the 2nd unit) and a standard Hori SP FOC. I told them via the phone that I dont need the extras just hurry up with my shipment coz judging from the way they conversed, I had the feeling that this was their 1st time handling large orders. Well today my instinct was correct, they shipped the 2nd unit with the extras that they themselves promised to give, but without the games. doh.gif Both the games, Zelda and 1-2 Switch costs RM500. What they were supposed to give, they, they dint give, instead gave something that I myself told that I didnt care. But credit is to be given where its due, the extras are at least something nice, but in my case, the lack of games is something that I am really pissed off about considering I was their 1st batch customer and had to wait for my 2nd unit, and now have to wait again for them to send me the games. I dont really have much time at home so I am really particular about delivery punctuality. Their reason of 'always misjudge the orders and forget to include the items' for me is something customers have to be wary about.

I didnt remember any shops selling Switch-console only, and they know themselves that they are selling the console plus the forced bundles, yet they ship without the games. Well well, stupid excuse really if they tell you that they forget to send the games unless they had two different packages, console-only and bundled-with-games.

This post has been edited by emy_xvidia: Mar 13 2017, 06:15 PM
emy_xvidia
post Mar 13 2017, 09:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

I think most of the Switch accessories are pricey. Even a pair of Joy-Con controllers are priced at RM400. It's like a normal full-sized controller, split them to 2 pieces, and sell each half for a price of a controller. Don't know which to blame; our currency, Maxsoft-monopoly or simply unrealistic pricing from Nintendo themselves.
emy_xvidia
post Mar 13 2017, 09:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

QUOTE(Rei7 @ Mar 13 2017, 09:14 PM)
Markup from Nintendo themselves. Main reason why I think the Pro controller cost so much is to make people buy the controller if they don't like the joycon with the grip. It's mostly business reason, after Wii U failed and what not.

As time goes it will be cheaper, if you can wait. It's the price early adopter have to pay for mostly. As there is overflowing of stocks and etc later on, it will be a lot cheaper.
Yea, hopefully can see some improvements on their pricing. I can understand that maybe they need this to become BIG once again. Won't comment much on their chosen strategy honestly.

I think the most ridiculous price of all of the accessories I've seen so far locally would be the Joy-Con grip/ holder (without the charging capability) which is priced at RM150+. Damn add up a little bit more and we could get a Sony DS4! Damn!! doh.gif laugh.gif
emy_xvidia
post Mar 16 2017, 12:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

I'm amazed of the things people do to prevent their Switches from scratching. laugh.gif
emy_xvidia
post Mar 16 2017, 11:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

The only tempered glass thats able to filter out blue light. It's 0.33mm thick and using sticky-tape-hinged method, application is noob-proof. brows.gif

Attached Image

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0813sec    0.26    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:19 PM