Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> HyperX Cloud II, Kahn touch dis. Too premium! (Review)

views

TSKeyMochi
post Mar 7 2015, 05:06 PM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
121 posts

***Click HERE for more tech reviews like this, tech news, game news and more!***

Introduction

As some of us know that HyperX from Kingston has their own gaming headset called Cloud. Eventhough I missed the first generation of Cloud which at that time I didn’t know that they have their own headset but Kingston is kind enough to sent me its successor, Cloud II, and they told me it will be the best virtual 7.1 surround headset I ever try. Let’s find out.

The Box

user posted image

user posted image
Would you look at that. Even the packaging is too premium for me to handle

A Closer Look

user posted image
Included travel bag, a pair of extra cushion, the headset itself, detachable microphone, audio splitter, 7.1 USB audio driver and some documentations

user posted image
The all-black headset with its elegant look

user posted image
What makes it premium? The solid aluminium build with a nice brushed texture

user posted image

user posted image
HyperX logo stitching on the top of the headrest. On the inside is thick and soft cushion to keep the head comfortable

user posted image
Microphone jack. I would go crazy if that plug is missing

user posted image
Adjustable microphone with mic windscreen to reduce the noise created by the turbulence around the microphone in a wind field
TSKeyMochi
post Mar 7 2015, 05:07 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
A very simple looking USB audio driver

Thoughts

This is the most astonish looking headset I ever review. Solid aluminium build, leather headrest and logo stitching. These are the things that only a very very very premium headset has like Seinnheiser. Another thing that I love is when the cups touch each other whenever I take off the headset. This makes the headset portable and fits nicely into the included travel bag. I would like to give the physical look 10/10 but one thing that prevents me to do so is the hanging wire on both side of the headset. Why in the world they do this? I know all cables are thick and braided but that’s just not the way I like. The thick leather pads keeps my ear comfortable and pain-free for longer usage. If you don’t like the leather pads just switch to the foam pads that comes with the headset.

As for the USB audio driver, it’s simple enough to adjust the sound and mic volume. Although like that the buttons are quite stiff and I have to apply extra force just to adjust the volume. Another thing is the thing at the back of the driver. Personally I think it’s unnecessary to put that at the back because usually I just put it on my table. I don’t know how to explain it here but you get what I mean.

As a non fan of surround sound headset, I might give Cloud II some credit. The surround effect is just nice and pretty much balance especially when I play First Person Shooter (FPS) games. For other use like watching movies and listening to music, the experience is almost similar to gaming. The other day I saw on the net stated that to get the best experience when using the surround mode, it is recommended to use the foam pads. I personally didn’t try it yet but if you’re planning to get this headset there’s no harm trying. Maybe that only applies to audophiles who can differentiate even the tiniest audio differences because for me it’s just sound the same *insert unprofessional reviewer comments in the comment section below*

Nothing much on the microphone aside from it has windscreen included, adjustable and detachable. The mic quality is just decent for in-game communication and not suitable for professional game streaming and commentary if you ask me.

Verdict

If you’re looking for a premium virtual 7.1 surround gaming headset, this one is what you’re looking for. It may a little bit pricey but I tell you what, once you get your hands on this bad boy, you’ll totally forget about the amount you just paid to the cashier. If you don’t care about the surround sound, its predecessor will do and it’s pretty much the same like this. Kudos to Kingston for making this jaw dropping headset!

Pros:-

+ Premium build
+ Balance surround effect
+ Portable

Cons:-

- Stiff buttons on audio USB driver
- Exposed cables on both headset cups
- Unnecessary ‘tuck-in’ thing at the back of audio USB driver

This post has been edited by KeyMochi: Mar 7 2015, 05:16 PM
capsulr
post Mar 7 2015, 05:14 PM

Casual
423 posts

been wanting one for awhile, heard great reviews about it - but nobody mentioned it being a premium product before, probably because of its affordable 100$ price tag

btw, are you from melawati

how much and where did you get yours from as well

This post has been edited by capsulr: Mar 7 2015, 05:17 PM
TSKeyMochi
post Mar 7 2015, 05:17 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(capsulr @ Mar 7 2015, 05:14 PM)
been wanting one for awhile, heard great reviews about it - but nobody mentioned it being a premium product before, probably because of its affordable 100$ price tag

btw, are you from melawati
I asked before this USD 120. Amazon right now have discount USD 99 but original price USD 150 lel
Nope. Hometown Shah Alam. Currently live in Wangsa Maju.
MuhdYusri
post Mar 7 2015, 08:34 PM

Casual
325 posts

Have been planning to do a review for this or the first Cloud , any chance I could borrow it for a while? I would love to try it with my audio setup notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
TSKeyMochi
post Mar 7 2015, 09:10 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(MuhdYusri @ Mar 7 2015, 08:34 PM)
Have been planning to do a review for this or the first Cloud , any chance I could borrow it for a while? I would love to try it with my audio setup  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif
I'm afraid I can't. Sorry sad.gif
MuhdYusri
post Mar 7 2015, 09:12 PM

Casual
325 posts

QUOTE(KeyMochi @ Mar 7 2015, 09:10 PM)
I'm afraid I can't. Sorry sad.gif
Aww...never mind then, great review btw rclxms.gif
ronron
post Mar 19 2015, 03:03 PM

Casual
416 posts

great review. this is a great headset. I owned the cloud I. very premium for me.
Clem1982
post Mar 20 2015, 12:57 AM

Just Helping Out ^^
8,746 posts

Nice review, the SRP last I heard is RM399 but that is not official wink.gif anyway it is a cool headset to try on and I'm really considering getting one myself. Should've tried on the velour earcups bro, I bet you can tell the difference as well wink.gif
ktek
post Mar 20 2015, 09:07 AM

wings wings
8,097 posts

pic not loading gone?
amxpayne67
post Mar 20 2015, 10:11 AM

The Coon
688 posts

If they kept SRP around RM300 i would probably considering it. But there is not much review out there for HyperX product. Need more exposure i think and also a long term usage review.
hikari151
post Mar 20 2015, 11:50 AM

34 posts

Been using the Cloud II since it first released in Msia. It's really great! I'm no audiophile nor expert in headphones, but everything about the Cloud II is awesome.

I've been eyeing on it since I heard plenty of good reviews on the original Cloud: great headphones for both audio and gaming at a reasonable price.

Maybe it's just me, but my only gripe is the clamping force is a little tight for my head tongue.gif
TSKeyMochi
post Mar 22 2015, 05:15 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Mar 20 2015, 09:07 AM)
pic not loading gone?
My pics are fine smile.gif
TSKeyMochi
post Mar 22 2015, 05:18 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(hikari151 @ Mar 20 2015, 11:50 AM)
Been using the Cloud II since it first released in Msia. It's really great! I'm no audiophile nor expert in headphones, but everything about the Cloud II is awesome.

I've been eyeing on it since I heard plenty of good reviews on the original Cloud: great headphones for both audio and gaming at a reasonable price.

Maybe it's just me, but my only gripe is the clamping force is a little tight for my head tongue.gif
Mine works fine. I can wear it for hours with no ear pain at all. Maybe you just have to adjust the headset a bit.
ktek
post Mar 22 2015, 05:52 PM

wings wings
8,097 posts

QUOTE(hikari151 @ Mar 20 2015, 11:50 AM)

tall head will feel the clamping force

QUOTE(KeyMochi @ Mar 22 2015, 05:15 PM)
My pics are fine smile.gif
yup, not sure whats problem the other day.
fine now, looks like beyerdynamic design
Variants
post Mar 26 2015, 10:24 AM

Casual
427 posts

hi, may i ask?
is the cushion soft and not really pain like Steelseries Siberia v2. i m using one right now. my ear feel so pain when wear it more than 2 hours.
TSKeyMochi
post Mar 26 2015, 03:17 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(Variants @ Mar 26 2015, 10:24 AM)
hi, may i ask?
is the cushion soft and not really pain like Steelseries Siberia v2. i m using one right now. my ear feel so pain when wear it more than 2 hours.
The cushion is very soft made from genuine leather and so far I never experience any ear pain when using it for hours. Yes I know that struggle because I also using Siberia V2.
Variants
post Mar 26 2015, 03:27 PM

Casual
427 posts

QUOTE(KeyMochi @ Mar 26 2015, 03:17 PM)
The cushion is very soft made from genuine leather and so far I never experience any ear pain when using it for hours. Yes I know that struggle because I also using Siberia V2.
i thought i m the only one who feel like that. do you know how to counter the ear pain?
TSKeyMochi
post Mar 28 2015, 03:29 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(Variants @ Mar 26 2015, 03:27 PM)
i thought i m the only one who feel like that. do you know how to counter the ear pain?
Don't use it for a long period.
DrEaMmyZ
post Jul 1 2015, 10:32 PM

Casual
412 posts

can the headset's cable being plugged into a laptop's combo jack when not being plug in to the USB driver ?
because my current laptop only has 1 combo jack, I can't get my mic to work if the headset has 2 seperate jack (headset and mic).

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0362sec    0.78    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 8th December 2019 - 08:53 AM