Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Early Childhood Education Centre, For 0-4 years old.

views

TSdp82
post Mar 1 2015, 11:19 PM, updated 10y ago

Enthusiast
855 posts

Hi guys, any recommendation on the above subject at PJ area? Looking for some weekend activity/ learning for my kids instead of home education/ walking at shopping centres.

This post has been edited by dp82: Mar 1 2015, 11:20 PM
vandetta
post Mar 5 2015, 07:16 PM

On my way
658 posts

Gymboree @ Bangsar Village. http://www.gymboreeclasses.com.my
TSdp82
post Mar 9 2015, 08:28 PM

Enthusiast
855 posts

QUOTE(vandetta @ Mar 5 2015, 07:16 PM)
Gymboree @ Bangsar Village. http://www.gymboreeclasses.com.my
Thanks.

Have u personally tried it?
SUSsupersound
post Mar 10 2015, 01:21 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

You already 5 days never spend time with your children and weekends also you refuse to.
Why you want to give birth in the first place?
Spending time with your children can prevent mental problems.
ckseong80
post Mar 10 2015, 01:33 PM

Casual
356 posts

I send my 2 year old to HeGuru at midvalley. Once a week, one hr class.
TSdp82
post Mar 10 2015, 10:44 PM

Enthusiast
855 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Mar 10 2015, 01:21 PM)
You already 5 days never spend time with your children and weekends also you refuse to.
Why you want to give birth in the first place?
Spending time with your children can prevent mental problems.
U said until like we are a totally useless parent & not responsible.

Like i mentioned earlier, we wana do something different instead of just home education, play, shopping centre, recreation activities etc.

And i wana add on, we are going to attend the class with our child. So i dont c any issue of not spending time with our child.
TSdp82
post Mar 10 2015, 10:45 PM

Enthusiast
855 posts

QUOTE(ckseong80 @ Mar 10 2015, 01:33 PM)
I send my 2 year old to HeGuru at midvalley. Once a week, one hr class.
How long is each of the class?

HR class?
SUSsupersound
post Mar 11 2015, 01:24 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(dp82 @ Mar 10 2015, 10:44 PM)
U said until like we are a totally useless parent & not responsible.

Like i mentioned earlier, we wana do something different instead of just home education, play, shopping centre, recreation activities etc.

And i wana add on, we are going to attend the class with our child. So i dont c any issue of not spending time with our child.
Rather than wasting money on useless programs, is good to do more house activities at home. Bringing children to see their grand parents are another good idea.
For children, is good to let them play more in the beginning age, good for their brain development.
Put them to learning center will give -ve result on this.
The fact is, you are heading towards useless and irresponsible. Money can't solve anything, waste money on this is more for you to show off. You never think what is the best for your children.
TSdp82
post Mar 11 2015, 08:03 AM

Enthusiast
855 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Mar 11 2015, 01:24 AM)
Rather than wasting money on useless programs, is good to do more house activities at home. Bringing children to see their grand parents are another good idea.
For children, is good to let them play more in the beginning age, good for their brain development.
Put them to learning center will give -ve result on this.
The fact is, you are heading towards useless and irresponsible. Money can't solve anything, waste money on this is more for you to show off. You never think what is the best for your children.
As a parents i think there is nothing wrong to send the children to such classes. Moreover, we are doing it together. To add on, i'm looking for playing classes @education centre such as games, art, music & the session will be weekend @1-2 times per month, 1-2hours per session.

Care to further elaborate why it is "show off" to send our child to such classes?

SUSsupersound
post Mar 11 2015, 11:27 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(dp82 @ Mar 11 2015, 08:03 AM)
As a parents i think there is nothing wrong to send the children to such classes. Moreover, we are doing it together. To add on, i'm looking for playing classes @education centre such as games, art, music & the session will be weekend @1-2 times per month, 1-2hours per session.

Care to further elaborate why it is "show off" to send our child to such classes?
Trust me, there are more FOC activities that can do much better than wasting money.
SHow off? Is what you are doing now. As everyone are wasting money to such centers, you just want to follow the group.
ckseong80
post Mar 11 2015, 11:56 AM

Casual
356 posts

QUOTE(dp82 @ Mar 10 2015, 10:45 PM)
How long is each of the class?

HR class?
The class is one hour per session and you'll need to be with the child.

This post has been edited by ckseong80: Mar 11 2015, 12:02 PM
TSdp82
post Mar 11 2015, 07:59 PM

Enthusiast
855 posts

QUOTE(ckseong80 @ Mar 11 2015, 11:56 AM)
The class is one hour per session and you'll need to be with the child.
What's it covered in 1 hr? And the cost?
Buttercup_
post Mar 13 2015, 07:43 PM

22 posts

Sichida in centrepoint, bandar utama. 1 hour a week. Mother/father will be in class with child.. It trains to use both sides of the brain equally, since most of us are only using either right or left side more. Include counting, memory, matching etc.
ckseong80
post Mar 14 2015, 08:32 AM

Casual
356 posts

QUOTE(dp82 @ Mar 11 2015, 07:59 PM)
What's it covered in 1 hr? And the cost?
Flashcards, games, story telling, history, writing, etc. All done at very fast pace and that's the intention for right brain training. Toddler class RM450/month.
TSdp82
post Mar 14 2015, 05:33 PM

Enthusiast
855 posts

QUOTE(ckseong80 @ Mar 14 2015, 08:32 AM)
Flashcards, games, story telling, history, writing, etc. All done at very fast pace and that's the intention for right brain training. Toddler class RM450/month.
Just wonder do they have the option like 1-2 times/ month classes?
ckseong80
post Mar 15 2015, 08:51 AM

Casual
356 posts

QUOTE(dp82 @ Mar 14 2015, 05:33 PM)
Just wonder do they have the option like 1-2 times/ month classes?
Not sure about that but I doubt so. I plan to go and try out Gymboree next week. They have free trial for first class.
periwater
post Mar 15 2015, 12:04 PM

Casual
324 posts

You may also can try on Beebop Circus located in The School, Jaya One. Back in 2013, I went for a month trial (yes, they gave free trial class for a month!). I signed up during Baby Fair in KLCC, not sure they are still doing that.

Let me share my experiences bringing my toddler (he was 18 months then):
1st trial: ok, seemed to enjoy it
2nd trial: on the way to the class, he slept. Carried him with stroller to the class, still sleeping, class began, still sleeping, class ended, started to wake up. Cranky because he woke up in strange place with loud music.
3rd trial: I brought him an hour earlier, all in good mood. Class started, he kept playing and refused to join the class. The instructor kept encouraging him to join in, but he refused to do so.. doh.gif At the end, he played all by himself
4th trial: can't make it as we were away. At the end, didn't sign up for it.

So, I concluded that my toddler wasn't ready for the classes yet. My main reason to sign up for classes is that he will have some friends to play with, not so lonely, have a bit of social interactions. My sister told me that we will need 2 -3 months to settle him in the classes. Her son went to Schicida at 18 months too, worse still, skipping most of classes for the 1st two months, then started to settle in after 3 months. Another sister, she enrolled her daughter to Heguru ( same as Schicida ), settled her daughter within a month.

You will need a lot of patience to handle them. Make sure that your LO have sufficient nap and feed them well before the classes, else you will waste your time and money when they refuse to join the classes.

Knowing my son, I settled for Playgroup instead. Get a few mothers together, meet once a week, no fix routine, at different venue and let the children play together. Sometimes we meet at the playground, sometimes at mall (ie Yukids or Jkids). He is way happier than attending classes.

This post has been edited by periwater: Mar 15 2015, 12:47 PM
TSdp82
post Mar 15 2015, 12:14 PM

Enthusiast
855 posts

Its good they provide trial class as i wana let my LO try it n she can b very cranky when she wana zzz at certain routine hours.

Almost forgot bout playgroup. Nice activity with no fix routine/ commitments.
SUSsupersound
post Mar 15 2015, 01:25 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(periwater @ Mar 15 2015, 12:04 PM)
You may also can try on Beebop Circus located in The School, Jaya One. Back in 2013, I went for a month trial (yes, they gave free trial class for a month!). I signed up during Baby Fair in KLCC, not sure they are still doing that.

Let me share my experiences bringing my toddler (he was 18 months then):
1st trial: ok, seemed to enjoy it
2nd trial: on the way to the class, he slept. Carried him with stroller to the class, still sleeping, class began, still sleeping, class ended, started to wake up. Cranky because he woke up in strange place with loud music.
3rd trial: I brought him an hour earlier, all in good mood. Class started, he kept playing and refused to join the class. The instructor kept encouraging him to join in, but he refused to do so..  doh.gif At the end, he played all by himself
4th trial: can't make it as we were away. At the end, didn't sign up for it.

So, I concluded that my toddler wasn't ready for the classes yet. My main reason to sign up for classes is that he will have some friends to play with, not so lonely, have a bit of social interactions. My sister told me that we will need 2 -3 months to settle him in the classes. Her son went to Schicida at 18 months too, worse still, skipping most of classes for the 1st two months, then started to settle in after 3 months. Another sister, she enrolled her daughter to Heguru ( same as Schicida ), settled her daughter within a month.

You will need a lot of patience to handle them. Make sure that your LO have sufficient nap and feed them well before the classes, else you will waste your time and money when they refuse to join the classes.

Knowing my son, I settled for Playgroup instead. Get a few mothers together, meet once a week, no fix routine, at different venue and let the children play together. Sometimes we meet at the playground, sometimes at mall (ie Yukids or Jkids). He is way happier than attending classes.
< 3 years old still too early for classes.
SUSsupersound
post Mar 16 2015, 04:20 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(varman1534 @ Mar 16 2015, 10:29 AM)
Hi,

I personally think we should teach our kids on all the traditional game that we had during our young times. Like how to make kite, paint egg, clay, make simple cake, gasing and etc..

All center out there just concern on $$$.. ur travelling time, fuel all will run into the drain..Save money for the kids edu..cost its getting very expensive nowadays..and dont spoil them (dont show them the luxury life style)...

Spend time with ur kids, get involved with the activities..it will bring back ur old memories  and besides that u may tressure ur kids hidden talents..
Yes, this is the right attitude to raise our children.
Sadly, most people forget on this and just because of own mindset of people have this, I need to have also doh.gif
Let our children eat more fish will develop the brain better thumbup.gif

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0162sec    0.33    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:22 PM