Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cat Lovers V7 ^_^, Fabulous Cats & People

views

IpohGuyz
post Nov 12 2020, 08:39 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(holyghost @ Nov 12 2020, 04:43 PM)
is it possible to train a feral cat to stay only indoor?
dunno how to train. mine are by nature. 1 is stray outside for many months before i bring her home, once slide the ground floor window, it will jump out. another 1 is stray for 1-2 months when kitten, dun dare go out. but once i bring her out, now got chance see opening, also straight jump out.

another is abit weird. maybe trauma when kitty time. i bring him out, he very scared, hold me very tight. i lepas him, he straight run back inside house biggrin.gif
IpohGuyz
post Nov 16 2020, 07:08 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(petlover01 @ Nov 16 2020, 03:12 PM)
Hi guys. Need some advice.

On September, I picked up a 1-2 month old kitten from outside my condo. Seems to have lost/separated from the mother. So my husband and I adopted it, dewormed, vaccinated and waiting for spay. She is healthy now.

So, the problem is my kitten seem a bit aggressive with us, she doesn't like to be touched and will bite/scratch when we try to pet her. We can only pet her when she is sleeping. We provide alot of toys for her and also a cat tree, we doesn't cage her, she is free to roam around the house. We thought she might be lonely and maybe things will improve when she have a companion.

So.... I brought her to a pet hotel (my brother in law manages the outlet) and tried to let her interact with other cats, she hisses and want to fight them. Is this normal? I thought of adopting another cat/kitten as a companion but looking at how she wants to fight other cat, I am not so sure anymore.
Female kitty aggresive is rare. My experience suka fight are male only. All my female cats can interact with stranger female. They hiss but never fight. Male will fight though.

Hiss other stranger cats are normal. The % hiss are more than no hiss.

You can try buy those snack liquid stick feed her. Tempt her to come to you, like standing on your lap while eating. You need keep touch her while kitty. If big, the bite and scratch will be more painful.

IpohGuyz
post Nov 26 2020, 09:06 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

sad sad sad.

there's a stray mummy cat with her 2 kitten which i have been keeping in a room since the mummy delivered. now already 4 months, given first vaccine today and thought they can join my other home cats.

as a precaution before mingling, i have FIV and FIP test for the mummy. FIV aka aids, FIP aka feline cobis. tested positive. sigh. now they for sure cannot mingle with my other cats. after so many months in room, i thought can finally grant them freedom. but now plan on hold again zzzz.

wondering if i should release them back outside, let them enjoy the outside world with their remaining lifespan or not. problem is one of the kitten is 80% blind and will be hard for her outside.

This post has been edited by IpohGuyz: Nov 26 2020, 09:10 PM
IpohGuyz
post Nov 26 2020, 11:28 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

i can't risk my other cats infected as they are very dear to me. but keeping the mummy and kitten in room also not a long term solution. releasing them out to live outside house also susah since one of the kitten is blind. generally all 3 are happy, looks healthy since they live as family together. really surprised with the +ve result.
IpohGuyz
post Nov 29 2020, 01:48 AM

Getting Started
150 posts

wow didnt know vaccine need on tail. usually they inject behind the head. hmm need check with vet, but doubt they know since they no practise that also.
IpohGuyz
post Nov 30 2020, 03:40 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(Katrinah @ Nov 30 2020, 08:26 AM)
Hi all, I brought back a 2mths old kitty to my home, which have an existing 3mths old kitty (been with me as sole kitten for 1 mth).  As expected, there are hissing and growling.. it's day 2 now.

They're in separate areas and I let them meet when I am free to observe.

I also used the old kitty's towel to wrap the new kitty so he smells familiar to the old kitty.  Other than this, is there any tips to smoothen this process? I understand this takes time. TIA
kitty is okay. hiss only, they won't fight. once bigger will fight. now is the time for bonding. it's funny when i see my other adult cats hiss my kitten but won't even touch her.

if you can afford, go test FIL / FIV for your kitty. If either one has that, it will infect the other.

This post has been edited by IpohGuyz: Nov 30 2020, 03:42 PM
IpohGuyz
post Nov 30 2020, 03:41 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(neome @ Nov 29 2020, 03:04 PM)
My vet injects at the back too, dont dare to tell them otherwise coz they r the experts, I would be pissed off if other ppl tell me to do things tht Im expert in myself  rolleyes.gif
yalor. not easy to tell haha. if they dunno inject tail lagi teruk, as you say will kena tissue. but worth a chat with vet, since i consider regular customer.
IpohGuyz
post Nov 30 2020, 09:50 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(Katrinah @ Nov 30 2020, 06:07 PM)
Thanks! Have let them play together.. but because the 3mths is bigger sized, she play quite rough. Younger one is overpowered. But I did notice... there was no claw involved, but there is some biting which i cant tell if light or strong. But younger one didnt cry out, just endure saja
Thank you, yes hoping they bond well  biggrin.gif for my elder one, I didnt go for that.. the vet say that if kitty carries it and took vaccine, can die within 24-48hrs.... so far kitty have taken 1st jab and still strong.. 2nd kitty will be getting 1st jab in 2weeks (vet says to observe him for 2 weeks)..  ><
really? vet didn't tell me that.

my case is, i gave a mummy and her 2 kitties vaccine last thursday. then after vaccine on same day, i want to test he mummy before letter her mingle with my other cats. but she tested positive. sigh. my vet looks worried though, tell me after effect of stress on triggering the virus cause the mummy really stressed up when taking blood.

cukur already 4th day, now still looks ok as normal.

also, you can let the kitty bite/claw you, if it's not pain, then it's not pain on other cats too.

This post has been edited by IpohGuyz: Nov 30 2020, 09:51 PM
IpohGuyz
post Dec 3 2020, 12:21 AM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(Katrinah @ Dec 2 2020, 06:10 PM)
Yes it's what the vet told me, I went to SS14 Animal Clinic.

Btw Im so happy that the 2 kitties are hanging out very well now  biggrin.gif 

user posted image
nice! no need you teman d haha
IpohGuyz
post Dec 5 2020, 09:01 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

want to ask about fip (feline coronavirus). after googling can't find any conclusive result.

so if the cat has fip, the chance of the disease undormant is actually quite low? but once undormant, will gg very fast.
IpohGuyz
post Dec 6 2020, 05:48 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

But how about if memang got fip but it just remaint dormant for the rest of life. Is this possibility high or low?
IpohGuyz
post Dec 16 2020, 07:29 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Dec 16 2020, 02:46 PM)
More to read about Fcov and Fip.

https://icatcare.org/advice/feline-infectio...eritonitis-fip/

lazy to read.. = no cure..... no medicine
Ya. Mixed up. Just clarified with vet also. Fcov positive but no fip symptom 😄
IpohGuyz
post Dec 20 2020, 12:46 AM

Getting Started
150 posts

Trying my luck. Rescued this kitty from pasar malam last Tuesday, as he looks like will starve to death. I heading back hometown next week. Need someone to temporary take care of him from somewhere next week until Jan 2nd (you can fully adopt too if you are interested). Having bad diarrhea. Should have plenty virus. Need isolation and feed him plenty of food.

user posted image
user posted image

Selangor / KL area - I can fetch him to you

IpohGuyz
post Dec 22 2020, 08:45 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(neome @ Dec 21 2020, 08:47 PM)
Poor kitty  cry.gif  did u bring him to the vet? maybe he needs some antibiotics
Balik kampung unable feed medicine.

Update: found a kind soul help me to take care and feed medicine. Already bring to vet
IpohGuyz
post Dec 23 2020, 07:10 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(neome @ Dec 23 2020, 12:43 PM)
I remember when I first rescued my cat, he's got a very bad flu, full of phlegm and cant even open his eyes due to thick mucus covering it, went to the vet and got antibiotics and when the infection cleared, it showed his bright blue eyes  wub.gif growing up hes got so many health problems since hes an indoor/outdoor cat, every 2-3 months need to go to the vet, he went into anemia and jaundiced once due to very bad flea infection, got swamped and attcked by weaver ants (kerengga) all over his body and face till now hes got ragged ears due to poisonoius ant bites  laugh.gif went into very bad constipation once, feces just stuck on his butt all the time poor fella  biggrin.gif and a whole lot more problems. But now hes a very healthy and handsome 3 yr old boy  thumbup.gif  wub.gif
So clever sleep hammock. None of my cats sleep that. Even if I keep put them on the hammock
IpohGuyz
post Jan 7 2021, 10:29 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

Keep trying until you feel its good for your cat. Diff cat diff stomach.

I used to give totw, then drop alot fur. Change to equilibrio drop less. Recently I sent cats to boarding. They give Proud for 10 days. I feel cats drop more fur. More funny is, one of my cat when boarding no diarrhea. But return home eat back equilibrio, diarrhea for 4-5 days pulak.

Tried carnivore wet food. None of my cat eat lol. Just taste abit only
IpohGuyz
post Jan 10 2021, 07:32 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

Need suggestion how to tame this cat. He showed up at my porch with tail broken. Did surgery amputate and keep at room at home 4 months+. Now I plan to release him to porch.

Problem is he got wild behavior. He can be very manja but after 10 mins, he will go crazy and hug/bite you with claws on (play intention). I bleed many times from his att. Occasionally when release him from room, he will straight chase and hug/bite my other cats outside living room. Initially I plan to keep him at house but he keep att my other cats, so i have to stick to my original plan, release him outside since he come ask for my help to heal his tail only. So I didn't neuter him also, though that might tame him.

Now I worry release him out, he will be aggressive like in my home. Most probably because of his aggressiveness, he got his tail broken, either cut by human or fight with others.

This post has been edited by IpohGuyz: Jan 10 2021, 07:33 PM
IpohGuyz
post Jan 11 2021, 09:38 AM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Jan 10 2021, 10:31 PM)
Neuter might help abit, but most likely it will behave the same.
There's one fler here with me, neuter ~6mth+ , still grows up to be a gangster, always wana fight with other cats that passes by.
Yeah I think will be same too. Problem is he is playing but dunno his strength. Outside really worry he broke this and that again
IpohGuyz
post Jan 17 2021, 11:34 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(myroy @ Jan 17 2021, 08:18 PM)
Hi
I just adopt 2 new cat (3month old)
Now after bring back to my house, it seems that they both scared
Hide back of my door, curtain etc...

I prepared food, raw fish, boiled fish but dint eat much
Did a bit reading many suggest that let them play and familiar at specific place 1st (e.g my 1st floor) later when they ready they will come play...
Any suggestions and advice for me?
Yeah eventually will eat. Or kurung them in a room for few days. Sure eat cause less place to hide.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0731sec    0.30    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:46 PM