Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Where can I buy iphone 6/6+ with 0% installment

views

theberry
post Dec 23 2014, 01:21 PM

OK!
3,491 posts

QUOTE(scoutfai @ Dec 23 2014, 01:11 PM)
Iphone 6 also can accept, I am thinking 6+ 128GB because of the camera only as iphone 6 does not has stabilization but 6+ does.

May I ask iphone 6 128GB got suffer from the problem you highlighted?
the problem can be found on macrumors. (look it up yourself)
Pyjamas999
post Dec 23 2014, 01:43 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

QUOTE(scoutfai @ Dec 23 2014, 01:11 PM)
Iphone 6 also can accept, I am thinking 6+ 128GB because of the camera only as iphone 6 does not has stabilization but 6+ does.

May I ask iphone 6 128GB got suffer from the problem you highlighted?
Actually the optical image stabilization kicks in only when taking pictures. And the difference in negligible between the two as apple's camera algorithm always prefers faster shutter speeds and cranks up ISO, then relying on the software to reduce noise levels. In video I read that they both utilize software image stabilization. Hence when you compare video shot by both phones on YouTube you won't notice any difference
celdric
post Dec 23 2014, 01:50 PM

Regular
1,196 posts

Biggest advantage taking 6+ over 6 is the battery life followed with bigger screen estate. I am still deciding over these two tho. There are like more issues on 6+ rather on 6. sigh
iwan_smtk
post Dec 23 2014, 02:30 PM

XYZ
1,028 posts

QUOTE(celdric @ Dec 23 2014, 02:50 PM)
Biggest advantage taking 6+ over 6 is the battery life followed with bigger screen estate. I am still deciding over these two tho. There are like more issues on 6+ rather on 6. sigh
mind to share what's the issues?
acbc
post Dec 23 2014, 05:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,475 posts

QUOTE(scoutfai @ Dec 23 2014, 12:40 PM)
But Apple tradition isn't one year one iphone release only?
So iphone 6s is expected next year Oct?
Can't wait that long, my Nokia 6020 is dying on me already.  shakehead.gif
U won't die la. Just buy a cheap phone like Nokia X or any used Android phone and use first.
TSscoutfai
post Dec 23 2014, 11:09 PM

Casual
433 posts

QUOTE(theberry @ Dec 23 2014, 01:21 PM)
the problem can be found on macrumors. (look it up yourself)
Visited Mac City in One Utama and according to the staff there this problem of 128GB has not appear in Malaysia or ASEAN batch of iphone before. They too read or heard about this 128GB issue but from Western market batch.

How valid it is, consumer has to determine themselves.
TSscoutfai
post Dec 23 2014, 11:30 PM

Casual
433 posts

Following theberry suggestion, I went to One Utama today and here I share my finding to those who are interested or happen to be in the situation like me, where a 0% interest monthly installment plan is preferred.

Unfortunately all of these shops currently run out of stock, only left with golden color iphone 6+ 16GB, which I do not prefer.

The following list the shop that sell Iphone 6 / 6+ and offer 0% interest installment purchase.

1) SenQ
- Depending on the type of card (which bank) you are using, and how many months of installment chosen (maximum 36months for certain bank card), there is a different amount of one time handling charge will be imposed. This fee maximum just RM84 for Maybank credit card, which correspond to 24months.
- If Maybank credit card user choose 6 months installment, no handling fee at all, meaning at the end of the 6th month you paid exactly like the people who purchase with one lump sum, no extra fee paid.
- Out of stock, waiting list (people who paid deposit already) already got 20+ people queuing for 6/6+ 64GB/128GB.
- Soonest is end of January 2015 will have new stock.
- Other phone model (Sony, Samsung, etc) also got similar installment plan available.

2) Aeon
- No handling charge at all regardless of how many months buyer chooses.
- But only accept few type of bank credit card. Maybank is one of it.
- Can only be 6 months of 12 months.
- All the phones (Samsung, Oppo, etc) also available for this installment plan.
- No stock available for iphone6/6+ , unknown availability date.

3) Mac City
- 4% handling fee chargeable. I.e. if your product price RM6000, you choose 6 months, then each month you pay RM1000. But at the time of application and receival of product, you need to pay RM6000*4% = RM240 to the shop as handling fee. So at the end of 6th month, the device will actually cost you RM6240.
- No stock for iphone 6/6+, unknown availability date.

4) BEST
- If Apple product, then got 4% one time handling fee. Other than Apple product, no handling fee for monthly installment plan.
- Unfortunately only ipad, no iphone is carried by this shop. But I included it since it carries Apple product.

Surprisingly, most of the iphone sold in the above shop except Mac City are purchased by installment plan. Especially SenQ, almost all buyer also installment plan user.

Thus like what yusiang has said, every where no stock. The only available source will be Apple online store but has to be paid all at once.

Hope this info will be helpful to those who looking for alternative purchase method for Apple product.

TSscoutfai
post Dec 23 2014, 11:33 PM

Casual
433 posts

QUOTE(acbc @ Dec 23 2014, 05:58 PM)
U won't die la. Just buy a cheap phone like Nokia X or any used Android phone and use first.
Sure will not die. But will be extremely inconvenient.

With all shops no iphone ready stock, Sony Xperia Z3 here I come biggrin.gif
Please last me at least 4yrs + Z3.

theberry
post Dec 24 2014, 12:05 AM

OK!
3,491 posts

wait 2 more weeks lah red friday
ftan
post Dec 24 2014, 06:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,473 posts

QUOTE(theberry @ Dec 24 2014, 12:05 AM)
The apple red sales is in mid-jan? I thought just before cny which falls on feb 19th. I'm waiting for it.
TSscoutfai
post Dec 24 2014, 07:20 AM

Casual
433 posts

QUOTE(theberry @ Dec 24 2014, 12:05 AM)
Thanks for informing. But I am leaving at 1st week of Jan and will be outstation for 3 months continuously. It is a rural place, to find a gadget shop there is a hard.
So I have to resort to other alternative.
Is ok for me because I am not hard core Apple fans. I choose it at first because most people advises me only iphone will not experience lagging after more than 2 years. Android mostly will start to lag at that time, even after re-format.

ahken88
post Dec 24 2014, 07:30 AM

37 posts

Buy online from Apple Store, they can deliver very fast within 3-5 days.

Then call credit card center convert your payment to be instalment plan, eg Maybankcard, Public bank & etc, they do offer it...
*But bare in mind not every credit card offer instalment. Check with your credit card bank before purchase.

I guess it is best way for you, fast to get it with instalment plan smile.gif

This post has been edited by ahken88: Dec 24 2014, 07:33 AM
acbc
post Dec 24 2014, 08:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,475 posts

QUOTE(scoutfai @ Dec 23 2014, 11:33 PM)
Sure will not die. But will be extremely inconvenient.

With all shops no iphone ready stock, Sony Xperia Z3 here I come  biggrin.gif 
Please last me at least 4yrs + Z3.
Not a wise choice. As a former owner of Z1 Compact and current owner of Z Ultra, be careful of the flaps to access the micro USB port. They tend to break after a while. Once broken, no more water tight.
TSscoutfai
post Dec 24 2014, 10:20 AM

Casual
433 posts

QUOTE(acbc @ Dec 24 2014, 08:08 AM)
Not a wise choice. As a former owner of Z1 Compact and current owner of Z Ultra, be careful of the flaps to access the micro USB port. They tend to break after a while. Once broken, no more water tight.
Then may I ask what would you recommend bro? Something else on par with the Z3.
I am trying to avoid have to buy twice in too short a time.
acbc
post Dec 24 2014, 10:27 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,475 posts

QUOTE(scoutfai @ Dec 24 2014, 10:20 AM)
Then may I ask what would you recommend bro? Something else on par with the Z3.
I am trying to avoid have to buy twice in too short a time.
The Z3 is using S801 processor and 3GB RAM. Similar spec phone would be the to check the following site: https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdrago...l?processor=801

Lynixx
post Dec 24 2014, 10:48 AM

Gooner
1,837 posts

have you tried Harvey Norman? they also have 0% installment plan
SothysSaleShop
post Dec 24 2014, 11:46 AM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(ahken88 @ Dec 24 2014, 07:30 AM)
Buy online from Apple Store, they can deliver very fast within 3-5 days.

Then call credit card center convert your payment to be instalment plan, eg Maybankcard, Public bank & etc, they do offer it...
*But bare in mind not every credit card offer instalment. Check with your credit card bank before purchase.
I guess it is best way for you, fast to get it with instalment plan smile.gif
Apple only promises to ship out the phone within 3-5days and not will reach you within 3-5days, easy to get confused with these terms if not read and understood properly

and also I read someone mentioned about 0% balance transfer installment to another credit card, so purchase with card A and then balance transfer the amount to Card B after making the purchase is a good way to save on interest imposed if you call the bank A directly to request for installment. this is a good way to get an interest free installment.

TSscoutfai
post Dec 25 2014, 12:15 AM

Casual
433 posts

QUOTE(Lynixx @ Dec 24 2014, 10:48 AM)
have you tried Harvey Norman? they also have 0% installment plan
I visited one or two Harvey Norman shop before, I think one of the visit is in Sunway Pyramid. As far as I can recall, I did not see any iphone 6 sold there. Even other brand of handphone also little only.

I believe Harvey Norman has Maybank 0% EzyPay scheme too. Seen this advertisement board at cashier counter of Harvey Norman several times.
adam ultimo
post Dec 25 2014, 06:41 AM

Moon²
1,219 posts

Bro.. U seem to care about camera and lag free phone.. Why not the lumia 930? Or if u insist want an android, I'd recommend LG G3. Both phones got ois and their prices are below 2k.
celdric
post Dec 25 2014, 08:15 AM

Regular
1,196 posts

QUOTE(adam ultimo @ Dec 25 2014, 06:41 AM)
Bro.. U seem to care about camera and lag free phone.. Why not the lumia 930? Or if u insist want an android, I'd recommend LG G3. Both phones got ois and their prices are below 2k.
Lag free phone last time should be IPhones, but not sure about android flagship nowadays like 1+1, Note 4 and Moto X. Will they lag maybe long period of use? let's say after 1 or 2 years?

7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0305sec    0.23    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:13 AM